558 replies to this topic

#91 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Semi Related

http://www.cheapassg...54#post10109254

Amex/Xbox sync offers for Halo 4. $$$ For achievments ... yes, please.

#92 callmesteam

callmesteam

I'm just a dead man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Costco will have it for $53.99.
Posted Image

#93 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

Decision time: Do I go with my $44.99 preorder at Newegg or the $25 credit at the Microsoft store? Both deals are good so the deciding factor I think will be which of the two can get it to me closest to release. Anybody have experience with release day delivery from these two?

#94 black_hand313

black_hand313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Decision time: Do I go with my $44.99 preorder at Newegg or the $25 credit at the Microsoft store? Both deals are good so the deciding factor I think will be which of the two can get it to me closest to release. Anybody have experience with release day delivery from these two?

Personally I'd stick with newegg, but if getting it closest to release day is most important to you...MS store may get it to you release day and they may not. Newegg will be the following day earliest.

#95 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

I'm holding out hope Newegg offers it for 48 on release day. I'd rather save money up front than buy at full price with a coupon.

#96 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

So if I pre order at the $5 pre sale deposit at walmart, I get the $5 vudu and DLC armor without having to actually pay for the game, is this correct?

http://www.walmart.c...7380764&veh=aff

According to the email I received after I registered my code, yes. Said that it would be emailed on release day.

The card will work just like a regular Wal-Mart gift card.
Posted Image

#97 Ph1l0z0ph3r

Ph1l0z0ph3r

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

How is the delivery time from the Microsoft Store? I just changed from Newegg to them since I wanted the armor.

#98 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Since I got a gift card at BB, thats where I can get it cheap so I'll get it there. Pretty sure the skins will be available for all on later or I hope.

#99 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:32 AM

Preorder at Blockbuster and receive the BLUE Warrior avatar suit
http://www.blockbust...blockbuster.htm

Posted Image

#100 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

I seen this on craigslist today, someone trying to sell there vanilla copy for 100 dollars because they got it in a few days early due to an error by target shipping early.

http://clarksville.c...3380511503.html

#101 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

anyone know how to change the card being charged on new egg ? i have halo preordered from them i cant update my card and i dont wanna miss out on it. so im tryna debate whether to get it from the ms store or not :cry:

Posted Image

#102 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

*Thinking about it, it says SEVEN. There is the Gamestop Forest Armor, the Arctic Battle Rifle Skin, Premium Theme and then the current voting which looks like it will be a Ghost Avatar Prop. That means 4 things right there. Then it notes something of the three emblems only for PUR members.

So that means the above four plus the three emblems. AKA poor advertising/ wording on GS's end.

I think you totally nailed it! Stupid GameStop...or marketing geniuses because they know it will trick those who don't read past the bold text...

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#103 fullhavok

fullhavok

I am the one!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

The game is Awesome!!! :) I paid for my pre order @ best buy to get
The skins there. But I came across a copy @ my local mom & pops that had
A copy so I picked it up. I'll trade it in when I get my limited @ BB.
"This isn't fair. We came to Hollywood, I fell in love. Fu*kin', we got shot at, we stole a monkey, and I got punched in the motherfu*king nuts by a guy named Cock-Knocker. "
Posted Image[Thanks OTM]

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS 1332-7714-6780

#104 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Aren't they still doing the bans for people who play early?

#105 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Be careful, hope you don't get banned even though you have a legit copy.

#106 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

I warned the people selling the game early on craigslist that they probably are doing bans on people playing it early. Hope the actor who played Froggy from Little Rascals told them that in his prank call lol (yes I repeated myself if you seen me mention this on another thread, I think it's epic hearing that tonight over a link I found).

Edited by HyperG, 02 November 2012 - 05:49 AM.
corrected

#107 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

anyone know how to change the card being charged on new egg ? i have halo preordered from them i cant update my card and i dont wanna miss out on it. so im tryna debate whether to get it from the ms store or not :cry:

They will send an email to allow you to update the info as needed. Shouldn't have to worry too much.

#108 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

A

I'm jelly

I had plenty of GS credit so I preordered it there.

#109 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

anyone know if Best Buy will have more posters at the midnight launch?

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#110 moneysaver

moneysaver

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Can you really get banned??

#111 tukai

tukai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

Yes you can get banned for this

#112 Dynamic3

Dynamic3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Can anyone confirm the Microsoft B&M stores have this for $54.99 with $25 gaming credit?

EDIT: I called the Santa Clara store and confirmed. Plus they have a midnight launch. Sweet.

Do you actually need to pre-order at the store to get the credit, or can you simply get it at launch?

Also, is the B&M credit a physical gift card or is it a receipt with the same expiration as the online credit?

Thanks.

#113 razgriz417

razgriz417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

New Newegg Preorder code is up ($12 off)

EMCJJNH48

#114 garrett9418

garrett9418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hey everybody I just want some advice. Should I pre-order the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console from Microsoft or Amazon? I went to Gamestop and Bestbuy and they stopped taking orders from it. Not sure if that is true or if they are just reserving it for later. Any other suggestions will be helpful. Thanks!
:hot::hot::hot::ps3:PSN Trade List:ps3::hot::hot::hot: http://www.cheapassg...7&postcount=996

:hot::hot::hot::360:XBL Trade List:360::hot::hot::hot:http://www.cheapassg...3&postcount=962

#115 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hey everybody I just want some advice. Should I pre-order the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console from Microsoft or Amazon? I went to Gamestop and Bestbuy and they stopped taking orders from it. Not sure if that is true or if they are just reserving it for later. Any other suggestions will be helpful. Thanks!

I think it really just depends on what kinda deal works for you .....if you can wait and don't mind your card being charged now Microsoft but if you want it on release day, mind only getting 10 buck instead of 25 then Amazon. Personality I'm working on AC3 plus I have the money now so I would go with Mircosoft since I would use the 25 on Need for Speed

Edit: Oh your getting the Console, I thought it was just the game, I would just go for Amazon then

#116 garrett9418

garrett9418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

I think it really just depends on what kinda deal works for you .....if you can wait and don't mind your card being charged now Microsoft but if you want it on release day, mind only getting 10 buck instead of 25 then Amazon. Personality I'm working on AC3 plus I have the money now so I would go with Mircosoft since I would use the 25 on Need for Speed

Edit: Oh your getting the Console, I thought it was just the game, I would just go for Amazon then

Any particular reason why you chose Amazon over Microsoft or anything else?
:hot::hot::hot::ps3:PSN Trade List:ps3::hot::hot::hot: http://www.cheapassg...7&postcount=996

:hot::hot::hot::360:XBL Trade List:360::hot::hot::hot:http://www.cheapassg...3&postcount=962

#117 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Any particular reason why you chose Amazon over Microsoft or anything else?

If you're referring to getting the console at Amazon over anywhere else... I would guess no tax (if thats still an option for you, depending on where you live.) Tax on the console at my BB would have been around $30. At Amazon, its still tax free for me, with release date shipping thats usually good about being delivered on release date(BB has been a little sketchy with getting my items here on release date consistently despite advertising one of the shipping options as release date.)

Posted Image

#118 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Does anyone know if the Microsoft store has any advertisement for the in store price of $54.99 w/ gift card? I only ask bc my bb will pm these type of deals, they just deduct the gc amount from the purchase price, so paying $29.99 on release day would be sweet.

#119 garrett9418

garrett9418

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

If you're referring to getting the console at Amazon over anywhere else... I would guess no tax (if thats still an option for you, depending on where you live.) Tax on the console at my BB would have been around $30. At Amazon, its still tax free for me, with release date shipping thats usually good about being delivered on release date(BB has been a little sketchy with getting my items here on release date consistently despite advertising one of the shipping options as release date.)

So Amazon will have the cheapest option compared to the others if I am buying it in the US right? How about the pre-order bonuses? Are they different from the game and the Limited Edition Console?

#120 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

You can't change the information now, but when Newegg tries to charge the card they'll inform you of the error and allow you to update the card then. It might delay the order a little bit, but at least they don't cancel it.