(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#391 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

Anyone who collects anything does so because one day they think it will be worth something, and thus they qualify as a "flipper." There's nothing wrong with it. Do you get this angry when you pick up a price guide for old sports cards? :-({|=

Yeah when I pick up a baseball price guide and I look at the amount I invested into baseball cards in the 90's and look at todays prices makes me pretty angry at all the money I made my parents spend. Same with pokemon cards and most fads.

I have the whole season of the Walking Dead off of XBL played it and loved it. I bought the CE to flip for a profit. I grabbed a PS3 copy and XBOX 360 copy. I don't really know why people are bitching over someone trying to make a profit off of the CE. My thing is if you were too lazy or stupid to not preoder the CE not my freaking problem.

A flipper with no trades isn't a good flipper.

needler420.png

#392 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

because its a new game and its better than paying 60. oh, and it will encourage telltale to keep putting their games on ps3 disc- they put jurassic park on 360 disc only.. u being cheap would only encourage more of the same.
telltale is a small dev, help em out. save your frugality for EA, Activision, and Ubisoft.

ps im slightly biased because i know people that work there. but still. u have plenty of other games to cheap out on.

what is the name of this site again lol? I don't mind paying full price if the game is that good and the price doesn't drop too fast. I would hate if this ends up $20 in 2 weeks. I'm a casual gamer so it takes me quite a long time to finish any game so I might as well just wait.

#393 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

well yeah, if u don't wanna play it right away then by all means wait. ur op made it sound like u already intended on buying it to play. stock seems kinda low so u could just buy it now, and if u got it from gs or bb just keep the receipt and do a return rebuy if it goes on sale, its holiday season so the return period is extended to 1/15/2013 for gs. samething goes if u just change ur mind or whatever.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#394 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I have no problem with someone buying one or even two extra to sell later, if you got the money to do it, more power to you, as long as it is within reason and you are not buying out the stock. Some people here have a major case of the butthurts though, and wanna rage. Seems like a bunch of jealousy to me. Either way, I don't flip anything. If I buy two, its to keep one sealed for my collection.

well my issue with is its not the profit these people are making its just make sure there is a reasonable amount to go around. but i guess that is on the fault of the seller, they are the ones that need to limit the sales. which makes more business sense and dosent deter customers away, but eh...

#395 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Exactly his kind make me ponder.

He knows he's going to stick it on his shelf in his backlog and yet wonders if the price with drop further.

Id say it will at least go on sale within 2 months. It's only worth getting new releases if you plan to play them when you get it.

Not stick it in your backlog and think the price will be the same when you play it a year later.

well yeah, if u don't wanna play it right away then by all means wait. ur op made it sound like u already intended on buying it to play. stock seems kinda low so u could just buy it now, and if u got it from gs or bb just keep the receipt and do a return rebuy if it goes on sale, its holiday season so the return period is extended to 1/15/2013 for gs. samething goes if u just change ur mind or whatever.

needler420.png

#396 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Anyone who collects anything does so because one day they think it will be worth something, and thus they qualify as a "flipper." There's nothing wrong with it. Do you get this angry when you pick up a price guide for old sports cards? :-({|=

Of course not, nobody is forcing me to read a price guide in the middle of a site devoted to deals on baseball cards just like nobody should be subjecting all of us to all this irrelevant talk about flipping and reselling.

As for your claims about collecting, it's 100% incorrect. I have collected video games for over 20 years and while I am sure many of my games could be sold for more than I paid for them, lots of them sell on Ebay and elsewhere for far less than I paid at the time, especially when you consider time value of money and opportunity cost. So, to me, the fact that my collection is or isn't worth more than I paid is irrelevant as I wouldn't sell it because it's something I really enjoy. Like many collectors, I collect as a hobby, not to make a profit or in the vain hope that my collection will become my retirement fund someday.

I could care less about the flipping or resale market. This is a site devoted to finding cheap games, all the reselling talk has nothing to do with that and really just needs to stop. Maybe the resellers can start their own site and that way they can talk all they want about it. I don't even care if they regularly steal every post from here to find deals, I'm just sick of wading through an ocean of flipping and resale and Ebay talk to find out about deals.

#397 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

Of course not, nobody is forcing me to read a price guide in the middle of a site devoted to deals on baseball cards just like nobody should be subjecting all of us to all this irrelevant talk about flipping and reselling.

As for your claims about collecting, it's 100% incorrect. I have collected video games for over 20 years and while I am sure many of my games could be sold for more than I paid for them, lots of them sell on Ebay and elsewhere for far less than I paid at the time, especially when you consider time value of money and opportunity cost. So, to me, the fact that my collection is or isn't worth more than I paid is irrelevant as I wouldn't sell it because it's something I really enjoy. Like many collectors, I collect as a hobby, not to make a profit or in the vain hope that my collection will become my retirement fund someday.

I could care less about the flipping or resale market. This is a site devoted to finding cheap games, all the reselling talk has nothing to do with that and really just needs to stop. Maybe the resellers can start their own site and that way they can talk all they want about it. I don't even care if they regularly steal every post from here to find deals, I'm just sick of wading through an ocean of flipping and resale and Ebay talk to find out about deals.

I been saying for awhile staff need to eventually do something other wise they will reverse the fact that the premise of this site is to buy cheap video games.

Lately what is happening is people price gouge people that missed a deal.

You're not going to have a cheap ass site for games when you have resellers coming in and buying stupid amounts of copies to throw on ebay and then for teh one guy who was busy that day or had work etc now has to get priced gouged by the scalpers.

needler420.png

#398 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

A number of people on GameFaqs are saying they're getting choppiness/freezing on the PS3 disc version, and someone else chimed in to say he never experienced that with the downloads.

Hmm, I think this is a wait and see for me.

Never had any issues with PS3 download.

#399 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• Silenced

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

not entirely true. i collect seashells because i like them; they aren't worth shit.

and i just put the disc into my ps3 and theres already an update lol. maybe it fixes the previously mentioned freezes

Well, what I meant was, people who collect collectibles; hence the comparison to rare sports cards. I suppose I could have clarified further, but oh well...

#400 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• Silenced

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I been saying for awhile staff need to eventually do something other wise they will reverse the fact that the premise of this site is to buy cheap video games.

Lately what is happening is people price gouge people that missed a deal.

You're not going to have a cheap ass site for games when you have resellers coming in and buying stupid amounts of copies to throw on ebay and then for teh one guy who was busy that day or had work etc now has to get priced gouged by the scalpers.

Whether people comment about it or not won't change much, if you ask me. There's countless people who I'm sure have no account, who visit this site, amongst others, to gather information on cheap games, and upcoming limited editions and whatnot. A few sparse comments here and there don't change a thing. I think the entire situation is being exaggerated. If you want to stop some of these eBay users, cut off their source of information, and make this forum, and others, private. That's not going to happen though. However, if there was an option to make threads visible to users only... I don't know.

Anyway, scalpers are few and far between. You're talking about fifty or so people on eBay, selling an item that was sold by the thousands. The people looking on eBay wouldn't have gotten the item anyway. They're on eBay because they're late to the game. If the scalper didn't get it, some other random guy would have, and that guy on eBay would never have a chance to pick a copy up. The big fans, most of the time, get what they want, because they're first in line. Scalpers are typically last, and then you have those guys who just recently heard of its popularity, and are enthralled, so they hop on eBay to grab one (sure, fans miss out, but not everyone can have a limited item--there will always be some fans missing out, no matter what).

The only time scalpers really bother me, is when something is given to them free (Metro 2033 steam key), or really cheap (humble bundle), and they try to profit from it. There's a few jackasses on eBay trying to sell the Metro keys, and one that I saw trying to sell the humble bundle. They're just blatantly scamming people, especially since these things are still available. They should, without a doubt, be reported.

#401 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

I have the whole season of the Walking Dead off of XBL played it and loved it. I bought the CE to flip for a profit. I grabbed a PS3 copy and XBOX 360 copy. I don't really know why people are bitching over someone trying to make a profit off of the CE. My thing is if you were too lazy or stupid to not preoder the CE not my freaking problem.

I do not care but you must have real bad karma for how you treat people. Enjoy flipping and being a angry person. :applause:

#402 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

So are both the PS3 and 360 versions of this game having freezing/glitching issues? I want to pick up the game, but I'd like to pick up the version with less issues :-?
Posted Image

#403 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Not sure who posted about finding it 2 weeks from now but several stores I called today all said they only got in what was preordered and that this was very limited. In other words, "best of luck."

#404 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

I don't really flip unless its to GameStop. Even then I don't actively try to buy games to flip. But for this CE there really is no excuse. There was plenty heads up and if I wanted one I coiujld have gotten one. I chose not to because I already had both the compendiums.

#405 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

there should be a CAG Ethics forum, then like 80% of this thread could be moved there lol.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#406 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Not sure who posted about finding it 2 weeks from now but several stores I called today all said they only got in what was preordered and that this was very limited. In other words, "best of luck."

Exactly. Got my preorder for the ps3 version. Asked how limited this was and I was told by the manager that they only received 3 and that it was only for pre orders. He said I was the 2nd one to pick it up. Sure am glad I pre ordered way back in October.

#407 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

I feel kinda stupid to be honest. I own both compendiums and had the vanilla copy paid off and ready to pick up. Went to the store and found out that someone had cancelled their copy of the CE for XBOX so I thought "meh why not". I buy various collector editions for many games any ways and I love Walking Dead so it was kinda a no brainer.

Got home and noticed the upper right corner had apparently been dropped on and now has crease marks all along the top of it. I was in a hurry and didnt notice it in store and now my OCD is driving me crazy on this. I honestly have ZERO clue what im going to do with the compendium and the box itself is really just a blown up version of whats on the standard box art. So I actually feel kinda bad for getting this, as it could have went towards something else. So yea...

#408 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Picked up my PS3 CE tonight. They only got one for PS3(my pre-order) and one for 360(someone else's pre-order). Glad I pre-ordered this. Very nice!

Funny enough my Gamestop has blu-ray movies for sale but a lone copy of Cirque Du Soleil Journey of Man 3D Blu-ray was sitting there. They scanned it and it wasn't in their system so they gave it to me for free :D

#409 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

I feel kinda stupid to be honest. I own both compendiums and had the vanilla copy paid off and ready to pick up. Went to the store and found out that someone had cancelled their copy of the CE for XBOX so I thought "meh why not". I buy various collector editions for many games any ways and I love Walking Dead so it was kinda a no brainer.

Got home and noticed the upper right corner had apparently been dropped on and now has crease marks all along the top of it. I was in a hurry and didnt notice it in store and now my OCD is driving me crazy on this. I honestly have ZERO clue what im going to do with the compendium and the box itself is really just a blown up version of whats on the standard box art. So I actually feel kinda bad for getting this, as it could have went towards something else. So yea...

Well considering you already owned the books you basically paid a premium for the cardboard box. Based on that you should have looked at it better.

You kind of did what was mentioned in previous posts saying this would still sell out at $100. You basically paid an expensive premium for a cardboard box and it wasn't even in mint condition.

Id suggest selling on here or return it as it doesn't seem you want it that much anyway. If I already owned the compendium which I own the first I'd say the samething.

needler420.png

#410 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

Well considering you already owned the books you basically paid a premium for the cardboard box. Based on that you should have looked at it better.

You kind of did what was mentioned in previous posts saying this would still sell out at $100. You basically paid an expensive premium for a cardboard box and it wasn't even in mint condition.

Id suggest selling on here or return it as it doesn't seem you want it that much anyway. If I already owned the compendium which I own the first I'd say the samething.

Yea I have a feeling thats what im going to have to do. I want to keep the game since I have already started to play it, and my wife thinks im crazy cause to my the two creases in the upper right corner arent really MAJOR but they are driving me nuts. So yea if any one wants to buy the outer sleeve/box/& exclusive compendium hit me up! I have no clue how much id like to get out of it but im open to offers if your a huge collector and would like to have it.

Thanks again for your response! I tend to sometimes DO before I THINK. Some thing my wife has yet to learn to live with yet...heh.

#411 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Also want to note that its just the outer sleeve in the upper right corner that has the two creases. They are only the XBOX White section. The cardboard box itself has no damage whatsoever. Its actually pretty thick since I assume that was really the only other collectible outside of the compendium.

#412 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Don't care even if it's over $1,000. You just can't collect them all.

On the side note, I'm sure there will Game of the Year for Walking Dead that's why they were very limited.

#413 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Don't care even if it's over $1,000. You just can't collect them all.

On the side note, I'm sure there will Game of the Year for Walking Dead that's why they were very limited.

oh shit you might be right but is there any DLC coming out? might as well just wait

#414 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

I really fell off the loop with this one.. If I would've not been so caught up with BB's wonderful deals I would've pre-ordered this with the quickness... BTW Im sitting on a GS gift card with twice the value. I guess it wasn't meant to be...

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#415 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Im willing to part with the Outer Sleeve/Box/& Compendium if any one is interested. Its the XBOX 360 version. Im keeping the game case and disc though obviously. I already own both compendiums and am kinda having buyers remorse.

#416 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

Im willing to part with the Outer Sleeve/Box/& Compendium if any one is interested. Its the XBOX 360 version. Im keeping the game case and disc though obviously. I already own both compendiums and am kinda having buyers remorse.

Why did you even open it if you didnt want the items. Should of just went Vanilla. :-#

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#417 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Well I had the vanilla paid off and went to pick it up at my local GS. Turns out someone cancelled their CE version so I jumped on it. And then realized I really had no use..hehe. I agree though I shouldve just went with the vanilla copy.

#418 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

My only regret is not securing the season pass for $15 on PSN! I understand that the CE is limited as hell, but the contents are just plain dull. $69.99 is already too high, why the hell I want to pay more? If flippers want to make money, more power to them. In a way, they're helping the "demands" a bit, so better CEs will be made :) It's all good, win win for everybody, cheers! I'm waiting for the GotY edition, definitely a day one for me!

#419 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

So those of you who are playing the game already, can you confirm any of the issues with the disc version? I keep hearing that the xbox 360 version wont let you play episode 2 after completing episode 1.

I played the digital version but bought discs for gifts for family. Here is hoping there are no issues.

#420 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

So are both the PS3 and 360 versions of this game having freezing/glitching issues? I want to pick up the game, but I'd like to pick up the version with less issues :-?

I can't speak to the PS3 version, but the X360 version was really not noticeable at all. I had 1 complete freeze, and a FEW frame-rate drops and/or skips. In reality though other than the freeze, it wasn't a big deal at all. That's after a couple of play throughs and on a very old X360.

oh shit you might be right but is there any DLC coming out? might as well just wait

Not likely. They're making a Season 2, but it'll probably be considered a different game, and if you're waiting for S2 to be on disc, you're going to be waiting awhile.