(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#31 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

I will say that for as much as Publishers complain about GS killing the games industry with used sales they sure don't mind giving them exclusive shit to sell.

Textbook definition of love and hate relationship?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#32 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

MSRP and in the collectors edition thread.

give it a break... not that I want it but most people wouldn't know this exists to begin with and dont browse the collectors edition thread...
Posted Image

#33 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Textbook definition of love and hate relationship?

It is like having to hug your mortal enemy on a daily basis.
Posted Image

#34 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Too bad it isn't a LE Hardcover Compendium.

#35 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Well the comic is 1000 pages and weighs 5.3 pounds...

Yeah, but the comic book isn't 20 inches long and 10 inches high either. The box looks like borderlands 2 ultimate loot size.

#36 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Can't recommend the Walking Dead comic enough. If I didn't already have the trades (I'm almost caught up), I'd be in for this set. But I think I'll wait for just the regular edition.
Posted Image

#37 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Yeah, but the comic book isn't 20 inches long and 10 inches high either. The box looks like borderlands 2 ultimate loot size.

True...it could maybe just be funny marketing. Playing with the sizes to fit the ad better.

#38 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Come back to me when its $30 at BestBuy or on Amazon.

Jking, partially, but does the standard edition come with all 5 episodes?

#39 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

*edit
And what's up with the watermark?

I thought it was funny. It made me laugh.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#40 Lei

Lei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Come back to me when its $30 at BestBuy or on Amazon.

Jking, partially, but does the standard edition come with all 5 episodes?

it does

#41 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Just an FYI, that book (the compendium) in the collector's set has been out for a while. They are just releasing a new cover for this edition. If you're really interested in getting into the comics there are easier ways. The Walking Dead is being published in various formats.

1) the compendium (which is gigantically fat)
Spoiler

2) the hardcovers (which I prefer, for their modest size and quality)
Spoiler

3) the omnibus collector's hardcover (which is a gigantic fat hardcover)
Spoiler

4) and the average collected trade paper back
Spoiler

My books on my shelf are mostly the hard covers #2. I have alot of the regular trades (#4). I also have one of the omnibus hardcovers. And I have all the single issues after that. I've held the compendium that they're offering in this Telltalle collector's edition. I just think it's too big, too unwieldly and costly. I'd suggest to anyone interested in reading the story to buy the single trades (#4) they're only $9 each.

The story just passed issue #100 in the single issues and the story is still going strong.

#42 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

I don't know much about the walking dead comic books or comic books in general but any chance this collectors edition could be worth a lot in the future (not the game but the comic books)

#43 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I want this so bad. Never read the comics but want too and I love the game and have been keeping up with it ever since the first twp episodes were free for PS+. Ugh not sure what to do. Going to buy the game day one no matter what but $70 is kind of steep......eh ugh damn it.

#44 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I'm pretty sure it will go the other way, just like the DOA5 CE...

dangit, meant to say "won't be half price". So I agree with you

#45 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just an FYI, that book (the compendium) in the collector's set has been out for a while. They are just releasing a new cover for this edition. If you're really interested in getting into the comics there are easier ways. The Walking Dead is being published in various formats.

1) the compendium (which is gigantically fat)

Spoiler

2) the hardcovers (which I prefer, for their modest size and quality)
Spoiler

3) the omnibus collector's hardcover (which is a gigantic fat hardcover)
Spoiler

4) and the average collected trade paper back
Spoiler

My books on my shelf are mostly the hard covers #2. I have alot of the regular trades (#4). I also have one of the omnibus hardcovers. And I have all the single issues after that. I've held the compendium that they're offering in this Telltalle collector's edition. I just think it's too big, too unwieldly and costly. I'd suggest to anyone interested in reading the story to buy the single trades (#4) they're only $9 each.

The story just passed issue #100 in the single issues and the story is still going strong.

Thanks for the info.
1) doesn't this set include the #1 you listed?
2) makes sense what you're saying about the books being huge and easier to read but #100 issues X $9 = $900. This set @ $70 now and pick up compendium #2 for say $45 down the road is easier to swallow.

#46 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

This set @ $70 now and pick up compendium #2 for say $45 down the road is easier to swallow.

Both compendium one and two are $35.99 each on Amazon and cover issues #1 - #96. I doubt this one will be worth anything. If you're looking to get both the compendium and the game, there's no reason not to get the CE. Otherwise, I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

Someone show me this post in six months so I can slap myself if it does end up being worth something.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

just a heads up. This game has no inverted Y axis options. I bought this POS and can't get used with this stupid scheme.
So if you can't play games like you used to play 20 years ago, do not buy it.
I just wasted 20 bucks on psn, since I can't get used to play this

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#48 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the info.
1) doesn't this set include the #1 you listed?
2) makes sense what you're saying about the books being huge and easier to read but #100 issues X $9 = $900. This set @ $70 now and pick up compendium #2 for say $45 down the road is easier to swallow.

The smaller trades contain 5-6 issues, enough to finish a story arc and are about $9 on amazon. Currently, the series is up to trad vol 16. which contains #91-96.

Comics off the shelf for the Walking Dead are sold at $2.99 each newstand price.

The book in the Tell Tale collector's edition is TWD: Compendium vol one which contains issues 1-48. It's currently selling for $35 on amazon.

#49 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

I was at gamestop on Saturday and the guy was telling me how good a deal this is. The problem is I can get both cheaper, and I know that this game will be $15 or even $10 come Steam holiday sale. If they included S1 of the show, or both books, then I would be all over this.

My GF was interested in this but then again mainly just for the comics because she already owns the first episode of the game but has not played it yet. So I will probably buy one of the comic book compendiums and read through it, then give it to her as her present. Then buy the game during the $10 holiday sale.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#50 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Posted Image

Did you seriously watermark a stock pic with your own info...?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#51 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

dangit, meant to say "won't be half price". So I agree with you

No biggie. :)

I don't know much about the walking dead comic books or comic books in general but any chance this collectors edition could be worth a lot in the future (not the game but the comic books)

Honestly, I see very little chance in this being big money down the road because in the end its still a reprint...

Short term, The Walking Dead is incredibly hot right now, and really that's sort of an understatement, so something with a rare cover (That truly is limited) could indeed go up in value... I just don't see it holding its value. (And considering you can get the normal cover for about 35 dollars right now you might be lucky to get that MSRP cover price.)

#52 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

Isn't there a Walking Dead season pass on PSN a while back? I forgot how much was it, was it $14.99 for all of the episodes (game, not TV episodes)?

#53 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

I hate it when GameStop has these exclusives that I want. I don't resent them that much like some of you guys, but I don't have credit there, unlike amazon and BBY...

dude, use your credit on the compendium at amazon. it's cheaper there and has been around for well over a year now.

#54 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Funny watermark, lol.

These are supposed to be "extremely limited". I'm considering pre-ordering 2 copies. Anyone think this is going to be valuable post release?

#55 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

isn't there a walking dead season pass on psn a while back? I forgot how much was it, was it $14.99 for all of the episodes (game, not tv episodes)?

$20

#56 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

just a heads up. This game has no inverted Y axis options. I bought this POS and can't get used with this stupid scheme.

I can't help myself, I need to say it:
WHUT. IN THE HELL. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.
Okay, that's all I have to add, and I'll be here waiting patiently for your answer.

And (I guess I wasn't quite done) to anyone thinking about flipping these for their "collector's value" later on, consider the size and weight of this sucker; this is going to cost an absolute fortune to ship.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#57 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

OP, are you the same litepink who's an administrator at TrueAchievements?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#58 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Sanges99, Davivascaino is pointing that there's no option for you to change the up is down, down is up control option. You know, like the flight simulators, where you pull down to go up and push up to go down... For me, I can't stand inverted controls, UP is UP, DOWN is DOWN...

I probably get the disc version when there's a deal... Like the other games, disc version will have separate trophies :)

#59 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I use to be the same way. For first person view games, I used normal x & y axis controls. For 3rd person view games I used both inverted x & y axis controls. I just ran into too many 3rd person view games that only offered the option to invert the Y axis, but not the x and it totally screwed me up when I tried to play the game... I ended up just forcing myself to play all games with the normal x & y axis controls.

#60 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Isn't there a Walking Dead season pass on PSN a while back? I forgot how much was it, was it $14.99 for all of the episodes (game, not TV episodes)?

$19.99 is the MSRP of the season pass on PS3, $24.99 on PC.