(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#571 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yeah I know the outer box is supposed to be sealed (mine wasn't). It had those stupid clear circle stickers attaching the sleeve to the physical box.

I'd like to know the condition of the compendium so I think I'll go back to that gamestop and open it in front of an employee. I'm afraid if I cut the gamestop seals (despite it already having been opened once) they won't let me return it if the compendium shows obvious wear.

Smart move

#572 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

Yeah I know the outer box is supposed to be sealed (mine wasn't). It had those stupid clear circle stickers attaching the sleeve to the physical box.

I'd like to know the condition of the compendium so I think I'll go back to that gamestop and open it in front of an employee. I'm afraid if I cut the gamestop seals (despite it already having been opened once) they won't let me return it if the compendium shows obvious wear.

That's pretty fucked up. I'd call corporate if I were you. It's not like you bought a new game and saw that it had already been opened before you paid. You pre-ordered something and they went and opened your order. If anything, you should get a percentage of what you paid back.

edit: And those clear stickers are going to tear up the box.

#573 brother bendu

brother bendu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Only 7 more left for the xbox 360!

#574 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

only 7 more left for the xbox 360!

not limited baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

uc.png

#575 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

ive been wanting to play this game so i guess ill get the CE

#576 leakyknuts

leakyknuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Well against my better judgement i will be picking up my Ps3 CE soon, and i have to say i am cautious because of the fact i have had 2 not so good experiences in the past 2 days.

First i went in to trade my copy of ass creed vita for their advertised price of $20 only to be told that i NEEDED to upgrade my membership to receive the price. I almost left but decided to speak to another employee and was informed that this was not the case. The second was more aggregious

I called ahead to procure a copy of Adventure Time Ce and was told they had it in stock. I sent a friend of mine to pick it up only to discover when she returned that the case was empty. As in there was not a damn thing in the box. Before sending here back (pimpin) i explained to here everything that was supposed to be in the box and told here to check the condition of everything before she left. When she came back she said the guys were chuckling (like they almost got away with something?) and after they gave her the map and monster guide she had to ask where the finn stylus was.

I just called again to make sure the CE was still factory sealed and was assured by "chris" that everything was good.
I share the feelings of many that GS as a company sucks ballz but my geekdom and pursuit of some items seems to always lead me back through their doors of lies and deception. Wish me luck people. LOL!

#577 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

Has anyone played there 360 disk copy of the game?

I'm asking because I heard alot of bad things about the 360 disk version

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#578 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

haha, I haven't yet, and I've only been checking this thread for someone to say a patch has come out.

and so much for the vanilla LE to be flying off the shelves. Best Buy I picked it up from on Tuesday still has the same exact amount of copies it did that day, practically looked untouched.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#579 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

haha, I haven't yet, and I've only been checking this thread for someone to say a patch has come out.

I bought the 360 and plan on giving it to a family member for christmas, but I might exchange it for a PC copy since I'm hearing that it has alot bugs and in some case made the game unplayable for some.

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#580 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

can u post a pic of the poster it came with? havent been able to find a pic online. thx in advance

and so much for the vanilla LE to be flying off the shelves. Best Buy I picked it up from on Tuesday still has the same exact amount of copies it did that day, practically looked untouched.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#581 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Strange mine has sold most of the LEs and now has regular ones on the shelf

Also found that the game has issues with the 4gb slim models so if you have that stay away?
]

#582 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

with no external hdd put in or 4g models regardless of HDD size?
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#583 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Holy crap...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c2e32de31

And yes I realize this isn't normal, but still...

#584 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

lol they deserve that winning bid based on how much effort they put into the item description. heck after reading it even i wanted to bid haha

Holy crap...

now playing:

#585 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

Holy crap...

probably an international buyer paid that much.

#586 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

lol they deserve that winning bid based on how much effort they put into the item description. heck after reading it even i wanted to bid haha

Oh shit son, better call Petershere in here, cause that ebay seller is advertising it as "pre order only!". Get the fraud patrol wagon out :D

#587 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

probably an international buyer paid that much.

Yup, and it was the same two bidders after 140... So its very unlikely to be duplicated.

#588 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

I bought a regular copy of the game to keep my CE sealed, but I can say this: I didn't install the game to the HD, and there were a few parts were it did lag some, but nothing during any "gameplay moments", so nothing that effected QTEs. A lot of the complaints I see are the usual fanfare type you get with people complaining about things that don't bother me though. The game is very playable to me, and if they patch it, even better for everyone else.

#589 kiun

kiun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

you can't install the game
Posted Image

#590 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Oh shit son, better call Petershere in here, cause that ebay seller is advertising it as "pre order only!". Get the fraud patrol wagon out :D

Oh no, the inept troll is trying to start trouble again... :applause:

#591 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Found a ps3 one in stock nearby, gonna swoop it up tomorrow. Will wait on word on a patch before I open though

#592 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Found a ps3 one in stock nearby, gonna swoop it up tomorrow. Will wait on word on a patch before I open though

Episode 2 had some minor glitches during cutscenes and some dialogue scenes, but nothing that affected the gameplay (played ep.1 download, so can't speak for that). I had no issues with episodes 3 or 4. If you have PS+ and have those free downloads for 1 & 2, I suggest playing those and then jumping to the disc version for episodes 3-5.

I'm loving this game. I want to jump right into the final chapter, but I don't want it to end. :lol:

#593 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

there was a ps3 patch on release day. i havent had a single issue, and i installed the patch before i started playing.

now playing:

#594 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

you can't install the game

I meant a disc install, as in copying the whole thing to the hard drive, unless that's somehow not allowed just on that disc.

Oh no, the inept troll is trying to start trouble again... :applause:

No reason to get upset bro, just ribbing you. But then again, you seem to be internet = srs business guy.

#595 sesshoumarusama

sesshoumarusama

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Most of the PS3 issues were towards the end of episode 2. The other glitch I experienced was at the train on episode 3. Other than that I didn't experience any problems on chapters 1,4 and 5. It's far from being unplayable

#596 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Can someone tell me if this game is better on ios

#597 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

I just got my CE copy from Gamestop.com. Not gutted, still sealed! I'm super happy with the purchase.

#598 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Can someone tell me if this game is better on ios

No.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#599 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Okay guys, I am sure it's somewhere in this thread, but I didn't see it mentioned, and this thread is 30 pages. I went a few pages in...so don't bite my head off completely if it's been asked...

Are these compendiums exactly the same, outside of the variant covers?

There are two minor problems I have with my regular compendiums, which I hope are addressed, but I doubt it.

#1 - No comic book covers - I'd have preferred them to have kept the front covers intact, or at least collected in the back of each compendium. At the very least, give me some damn page numbers! Cheese-us. So, does this add any of those?

#2 - No hardcover - This one looks like paperback, too. The only reason I don't mind the paperbacks for these is because they already weigh an imperial ton. I highly doubt these are available in hardcover, but a man can dream.

I don't even care about the game, not on a console. I bought the game already for PC, would probably just resell it to offset the cost here, IF I could find it somewhere.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#600 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I am still in utter shock at how much money I have made selling off part of my Walking Dead comic collection. The prices people are spending....well, I have never seen anything like it. The Walking Dead can just do no wrong right now. So I had to take a chance on this set. The Walking Dead Compendium One is massive and depending on how many copies were produced, it could be quite valuable if things keep going as they have been. I now have 5 copies and will buy a couple more if I can get them at MSRP. Something tells me getting them CGC graded is going to be a bit of a problem, lol.

Time to stuff them in a closet for a few years!

#1 - No comic book covers - I'd have preferred them to have kept the front covers intact, or at least collected in the back of each compendium. At the very least, give me some damn page numbers! Cheese-us. So, does this add any of those?

#2 - No hardcover - This one looks like paperback, too. The only reason I don't mind the paperbacks for these is because they already weigh an imperial ton. I highly doubt these are available in hardcover, but a man can dream.

I don't even care about the game, not on a console. I bought the game already for PC, would probably just resell it to offset the cost here, IF I could find it somewhere.

I disagree. Adding the covers would have just added to the already massive size of the book. In fact, I think they should have split the book in two, part 1 and part 2. If they had done that, then I agree it would have been nice to have a cover gallery at the back of each book. Splitting the book in two would have also been better for the long term condition of the book. Books this big usually start to have problems with the spine.

Edited by Righteous Nixon, 21 December 2012 - 11:39 AM.