(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#181 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I know this is based on the comics and not the TV series (I know that's also based on the comics too to anyone who really believed I didn't know that) But I've been meaning to watch the TV series and keep forgetting. Would playing through this be good or bad for me in terms of spoilers?

Aside from a cameo by Glenn, this is entirely separate from the show. And it's all the better for that.

#182 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Is the compendium a hardcover?

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#183 Wedgie

Wedgie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Is the compendium a hardcover?

Nope.

From Gamestop's product details : Featuring cover art exclusive to the Collector's Edition, this is the first 48 issues of the fan-favorite, New York Times Best Seller series collected into one massive paperback collection! Over one thousand pages chronicle the beginning of Robert Kirkman's Eisner Award-winning continuing story of survival horror- from Rick Grimes waking up alone in hospital, to him and his family seeking solace on Hershel's farm, and the controversial introduction of Woodbury despot: The Governor.

#184 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Man went to gamestop and they told me the minimum deposit for collector editions are 25.00. Wow they went up use to be like 5.00 or 10.00

#185 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

A book that costs less than $35 on Amazon and one of the worst "games" of all time for only $70? Where do I sign up?!

Woah, tell us how you really feel. Book is 35 and the game is 30, so ur paying an extra $5 bucks for the exclusive cover/art I guess.

#186 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

LMFAO one of the worst games of all-time? C'mon Slowdance, we all know you like to take the unpopular opinion route, but get real.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#187 sliknik27

sliknik27

Lost in the Woods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sucks it's GS exclusive but remember, they don't make shit off msrp sales.

This was exactly the thought that came to me. New game sales don't make them much money at all, they just increase traffic to their site and stores.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#188 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

Wow, not to start a pointless fight, but good grief, a lot of folks love this game.
Worst games of the year? Come on, did you even play it?
Great story, choices that mean something, I thought it was one of the best games all year.

That being said this is to expensive for what you get.

#189 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

A book that costs less than $35 on Amazon and one of the worst "games" of all time for only $70? Where do I sign up?!

Can you please go be an idiot in some other thread?

th_w03j81.gif  

#190 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

One of the very few games that received both critical and commercial praise, and was a massive success this year
Pathetic? Come on seriously, you're straight trolling now. This game crossed boundaries for a lotta people. Even folks who were strictly dude bro shooter guys were getting into this.

No way you played this.

#191 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Man went to gamestop and they told me the minimum deposit for collector editions are 25.00. Wow they went up use to be like 5.00 or 10.00

It's still $5 for a standard edition but the deposit for a CE went up to $25 in late March/early April. Basically GS is trying to stop having a glut of CE sitting in stores waiting to be marked down to nothing prices before anyone looks at them.

Of course there's still a bunch of stores sitting on the SF 25th Collection 7 weeks after release when GS marks it down $50 and I can't get an adjustment anymore, grrr.

Also if you don't like Walking Dead, that's fine you can have an opinion. But don't say it's a terrible game when it's not, just you don't like it.

Lots of people loved Dishonored, and I hated the combat and traded it in right after getting it with B2G1F on BF. After being roasted 13 straight deaths by the guys in the first side mission in the brewery where you're supposed to poison the booze and these guys go Skyrim dragon breath on you as soon as they see you I said F this and traded it in.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#192 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Lol, so you hated it , yet continued to download three more painful, boring episodes and play through them?
You trooper you.

#193 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

How is it not interactive? Please explain.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#194 Viper45

Viper45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Lol at all the outrage. Sorry, but some of us play games for gameplay. I adore The Walking Dead, but the game is fucking pathetic.

If all you want is gameplay, then The Walking Dead is admittedly not for you. But it is one of the most powerful and emotionally moving games I have ever played. It gave me experiences I never imagined I'd get out of a game. The last moments of Episode 5 are going to stick with me for a while.

This was easily one of the best experiences in gaming I've ever had.

#195 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

How is it not interactive? Please explain.

It is interactive in the sense that one of these is interactive:

Spoiler

That said, I wouldn't call it a bad game. It's certainly lacking in the traditional game play elements you'd expect in an adventure game but the writing is excellent.

#196 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Good to know. I am waiting for the street fighter markdown myself. Also everyone I talk to and most rpint articles all praised the walking dead game so I find it funny at all the comments. It is like they are talking about another game.

It's down to $100 right now, I guess you can wait to see if it goes lower.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#197 jetsetmario

jetsetmario

I hate fun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Just a quick heads up...

The 360 version of this is no longer available. PS3 is still up for time being...

If you were on the fence you might want to jump on it.

#198 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

So does anyone have an idea which console would be a better fit for this? I'm considering preordering the standard edition, but I'd appreciate a heads-up on whether it's better on either system.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#199 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

It's still $5 for a standard edition but the deposit for a CE went up to $25 in late March/early April. Basically GS is trying to stop having a glut of CE sitting in stores waiting to be marked down to nothing prices before anyone looks at them.

Of course there's still a bunch of stores sitting on the SF 25th Collection 7 weeks after release when GS marks it down $50 and I can't get an adjustment anymore, grrr.

Also if you don't like Walking Dead, that's fine you can have an opinion. But don't say it's a terrible game when it's not, just you don't like it.

Lots of people loved Dishonored, and I hated the combat and traded it in right after getting it with B2G1F on BF. After being roasted 13 straight deaths by the guys in the first side mission in the brewery where you're supposed to poison the booze and these guys go Skyrim dragon breath on you as soon as they see you I said F this and traded it in.

The SF 25th is down to $50?! Instore or something?
(sorry off topic)

#200 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

The SF 25th is down to $50?! Instore or something?
(sorry off topic)

No no no...they marked it down by $50 to $99.99 from $149.99.

Deep breaths...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#201 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

No no no...they marked it down by $50 to $99.99 from $149.99.

Deep breaths...

Haha, gotcha. Took an extremely long nap after work and obviously misread the post as I want awake enough

#202 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

$10 says in 6 years people will be paying $100 on eBay for the game with the different box art

People are already paying $100+ for the set now on eBay. o.O So the game by itself, probably.

#203 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

I had this LE preordered but I think I'll cancel and save my $25. With the game being so short I'll wait for a price drop or rent it. I probably won't read the compendium anytime soon so I can wait.

#204 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Looks like the 360 version is sold out.

#205 JK-C

JK-C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I had this LE preordered but I think I'll cancel and save my $25. With the game being so short I'll wait for a price drop or rent it. I probably won't read the compendium anytime soon so I can wait.

I wouldn't say it's exactly short. I would say on my first playthrough, I took a total of maybe fifteen hours on the whole five chapters. I tend to take my time, but that's still better than a lot of mainstream titles.

#206 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I wouldn't say it's exactly short. I would say on my first playthrough, I took a total of maybe fifteen hours on the whole five chapters. I tend to take my time, but that's still better than a lot of mainstream titles.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it short, but it's certainly not long either. I spent about 2-3 hours on each chapter, so probably around 12 hours total.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#207 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

360 out of stock.

PS3 still in stock for now.

http://www.gamestop....ead collector s

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#208 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm glad it sold out on the 360, that's at least a good sign I'm hoping. Now I'm not regretting the purchase of it as much lol.

#209 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

So does anyone have an idea which console would be a better fit for this? I'm considering preordering the standard edition, but I'd appreciate a heads-up on whether it's better on either system.

Anybody?

Cloud_Squall78.png

#210 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'm not much into which system the games are better on, I think they are pretty much the same, but comes down to either achievements or trophies, and Xbox live or psn network. Which my personal favorite is live with the achievements, but everyone to their own liking. However my ps3 is one hell of a movie player, dark knight rises tomorrow lol.