(Telltale) Walking Dead Collector's Edition - Gamestop Exclusive $69.99

• Please log in to reply
609 replies to this topic

#211 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Im still ify about the street value after it releases, but I think this might be one of the very few packages that caters to different ppl. 1. Game collectors, 2.comic book collects and 3.the tv series fans. Taking into consideration that this might appeal to multiple ppl, on that I would say that this package will retain its value and maybe even go $100-$125. Well that's my opinion.

#212 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I thought this game was coming out on December 4th did they push it back a week to the 11th?

#213 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

I thought this game was coming out on December 4th did they push it back a week to the 11th?

yes, they did

#214 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Dunno if it's been posted already (probably has) but the Xbox version seems to be unavailable to pre-order now from GS.com

I'm a sucker for gorgeous CE's, and although I'm loving TWD (show/game), there's no way I'd spend $70 for what is essentially just the comic since I already beat the the episodes and have no intention of revisiting them (as much as I liked it).

#215 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

I'm astonished at the amount of people on here willing to pay $70 for a downloadable game.

#216 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

I'm astonished at the amount of people on here willing to pay $70 for a downloadable game.

they arent paying 70 for a downloadable game. they are paying 70 for a physical copy of the game(all 5 episodes). again the significance is walking dead's popularity is based off its content and art, which the case is trying to appeal. then you get the "exlusive" box( i know i know, its a box bbut when you have the ce sometimes you keep the box), and you get the first compendium which is a 40 dollar value, which comes with an exclusive cover meaning itll be a bit rarer. so just dont.

#217 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't call it short, but it's certainly not long either. I spent about 2-3 hours on each chapter, so probably around 12 hours total.

You're right. I've gotten similar quotes from my cousin and friends who have completed all episodes. I recently beat Hitman Absolution and it took me about 10-12 hours but I'll be replaying it at least 2 more times for the challenges and on higher difficulties. TWD I'll probably play through once on 360 and possibly once on PS3 since I got the first 2 episodes free through PS+ and might as well complete it there too. Not much replay value is my main concern. With such a backlog that's a good thing I guess.

#218 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Anybody?

I have the limited edition pre-ordered for the 360, and I'm not opening it, but to buy to play, I'd go with PC. Something about a point and click game and and analog stick just doesn't sound right to me. I don't know. If I had to pick though, I'd go 360 for the controller. I couldn't imagine there being much of a difference between them.

#219 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't call it short, but it's certainly not long either. I spent about 2-3 hours on each chapter, so probably around 12 hours total.

Your right. During Ch. 1-4 I roughly spend 2 an half hours making tough decisions for Clementine & my crew. So of course am getting the C.E next week because I haven't read the comic & am a huge fan of the TV series & maybe hopefully the trophies stack up with the digital version. Double the platinum :bouncy:.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#220 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Damn. I didn't know they pushed it back for a week. I was just about to go pick it up.
Posted Image

#221 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Damn, I preordered this thing to resell, but after much thought I think I might just keep it. Been wanting to play the game and the comics sound like an interesting read, and I am a huge huge huge fan of the tv series. I was kinda regretting the whole purchase but when u think about it, for a fan of a series that is huge in popularity owning something this limited is a pretty cool thing.

#222 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

If they had also thrown in the first season of the TV show, would have bit. As it stands I have a Season Pass for the game already.

#223 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

So this thing is popping out on eBay for $129 all over the place

#224 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Disappointed I can't play this today. How hard is it to slap a downloadable game on a disc and send it out? It's probably going to be like the Resident Evil 4/CV, Journey, ME1, etc. physical copies where it's just the PSN download with disc verification. It should have been out the same day as the final episode - not week(s) later.

#225 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

So this thing is popping out on eBay for $129 all over the place

Only a few sold at that price though and they included shipping. Several sold at $100 with free shipping which is not much profit at all especially if you live in a state with tax and then have to pay the 13% Paypal/Ebay fees. You're gonna end up clearing literally $10.

#226 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Is there a picture of the Best Buy exclusive cover anywhere? I'm trying to decide whether I should get the standard edition from Amazon or Best Buy.

#227 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Is there a picture of the Best Buy exclusive cover anywhere? I'm trying to decide whether I should get the standard edition from Amazon or Best Buy.

If you look at the Amazon cover and compare it to the Best Buy cover you'll notice they're different. It's subtle but the covers are different. There's also an ad for the game in the December @Gamer magazine that has a slightly different cover compared to the one on Best Buy link. It has a Best Buy logo on the bottom advertising the LE poster inside. There's also a small picture of the poster as well.

#228 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Anyone know if the episodes are actually on the disc or do you have to install them?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#229 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

If you look at the Amazon cover and compare it to the Best Buy cover you'll notice they're different. It's subtle but the covers are different. There's also an ad for the game in the December @Gamer magazine that has a slightly different cover compared to the one on Best Buy link. It has a Best Buy logo on the bottom advertising the LE poster inside. There's also a small picture of the poster as well.

I guess I should have looked closer. I see it now. I was expecting something completely different I guess. Thanks

#230 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hmm...unless I'm mistaken, the BBY cover doesn't depict the characters on the Amazon cover, only walkers, which, one could argue, means that only "the walking dead" are on the BBY cover and as such, the game title fits even more so.

...I'm probably overthinking this.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#231 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

Hmm...unless I'm mistaken, the BBY cover doesn't depict the characters on the Amazon cover, only walkers, which, one could argue, means that only "the walking dead" are on the BBY cover and as such, the game title fits even more so.

...I'm probably overthinking this.

You are.
Spoiler

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#232 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

You are.

Spoiler

You know what? I actually flipped through one of the comic collections and saw that on the last page. I just completely forgot about it until now. :-#

It did make my jaw drop, though, because it just sounded ominous in that "awesome" way and like the property more than before. I watched the show's first season, stopped when the second season started, and never really felt like getting back into the third season; based on what I've seen of the comic, however, and the review scores I've seen for the individual episodes for the Telltale games, I'm definitely interested in this collection.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#233 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

So...what the hell is this?

http://www.gamestop....ing-dead/103285
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#234 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

So...what the hell is this?

http://www.gamestop....ing-dead/103285

FPS action game.

#235 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Leave it to Activision to turn The Walking Dead into a FPS.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#236 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

I ended up cancelling my preorder for this. I'm definitely getting the game....I just don't have the need to pick up the graphic novel with just an alt cover. It there were a statue or anything else....
Posted Image

#237 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Did they patch the PS3 problems?

#238 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Both OOS 360 and PS3

Edited by MrBoss, 07 December 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#239 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

The PS3 version is now gone as well, so that's it.

Just yesterday at lunch I went to my local Game Stop and preordered the PS3 version, so I just barely got in!

#240 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

i missed out by a day (was in hospital), if anyone wants to sell theirs for cost plus some for your trouble, PM me :)