The Spooky OTT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#301 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

MP3 was awesome...but...it didn't feel very Max Payne-ish. It felt more like Splinter Cell minus the stealth element. I miss the style of the older games.

Still, great game all around.

BTW, taping a water bottle around your gun won't make it quieter. Might blow up in your face though.

#302 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

The New York/Jersey sections felt the most Max Payne-ish to me. I still miss the comic cutscenes though.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#303 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hey temp, let me hold on to max payne 3 for a bit.

#304 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

BTW, taping a water bottle around your gun won't make it quieter. Might blow up in your face though.

I've seen the two liter bottle, weather sealant foam and duct tape work and the oil filter thing too. It's not comparable to a real suppressor though.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#305 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Why do I doubt it is going to avoid alert if you fired a gun with duct tape around it?

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#306 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hey temp, let me hold on to max payne 3 for a bit.

You'll have to hold on to my Xbox for a bit as well. Maybe. Otherwise I would.

I've seen the two liter bottle, weather sealant foam and duct tape work and the oil filter thing too. It's not comparable to a real suppressor though.

It's possible with weather sealant, but again, you run the risk of blowing shit up in your face.

The oil filter (and Maglight, as seen in Walking Dead) actually does work.

Edited by Temporaryscars, 06 November 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#307 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

Dang, always seem to end up in the credits to games I dislike. LiPs, F3AR, now Fable The Journey and Halo 4.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#308 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'll be in the credits for the new Broken Sword and Tex Murphy games.

#309 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

Dang, always seem to end up in the credits to games I dislike. LiPs, F3AR, now Fable The Journey and Halo 4.

F3AR was gooood. Embrace it.

Posted Image

#310 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I submitted my vote for Hubert Humphrey.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#311 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

http://www.cheapassg...line=1291334203

Posted Image

#312 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Spoiler

#313 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Jesus Christ, it's gonna be Florida 2000 all over again.

#314 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Jesus Christ, it's gonna be Florida 2000 all over again.

I'm actually hoping somebody can sweep enough of the other swing states so that bullshit doesn't happen again.

#315 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

If Romney loses Florida you can pretty much call it.

Spoiler

#316 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

Unfortunately it could be over shockingly quickly, basically over before it starts. Florida is going to come in before any other significant state so we should basically be able to call a victor pretty soon.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#317 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Game over, man!

Spoiler

#318 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Good Lord this election system is ridiculous. Romney could very well win the popular vote and he seems to be winning more states overall but he loses because of a couple of "key" states.

Stupid system that makes no sense. Since when does somebody who gets the majority of votes from the country lose in an election. If you didn't understand this ridiculous system you would be like "WTF???"

#319 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Good Lord this election system is ridiculous. Romney could very well win the popular vote and he seems to be winning more states overall but he loses because of a couple of "key" states.

Stupid system that makes no sense. Since when does somebody who gets the majority of votes from the country lose in an election. If you didn't understand this ridiculous system you would be like "WTF???"

Ask George W. Bush about that.

Spoiler

#320 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

The system shouldn't even be in place. It wasn't like that in the 1700s and it shouldn't be like that now. I'm not a history major but when did this stupid electoral system get implemented and who the hell decides the value of each state?

Since when is Ohio/Florida so, so, soooo important but 40 other states are "worth" practically no "electoral votes"

#321 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Because Montana and Alaska are huge barren wastelands. Size doesn't matter, population does.

#322 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

OK, I can agree with that. It doesn't matter about size but it should be done on popular vote. How can Romney be leading by a MILLION votes but he "loses"? Clearly the majority of the American people wanted him to be the President but because of the electoral system he is the loser here...

#323 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

OK, I can agree with that. It doesn't matter about size but it should be done on popular vote. How can Romney be leading by a MILLION votes but he "loses"? Clearly the majority of the American people wanted him to be the President but because of the electoral system he is the loser here...

All the values you are seeing at the moment are incomplete and projected. I am pretty sure that when everything is accounted for Obama will have won both the electoral and popular votes.

#324 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

The electoral college was implemented at the founding of the nation to give small states a voice in the election. States with total populations of less than 1 million (Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, ect.) are given more of a voice in elections using the electoral college vs. the popular vote. Without the electoral college New York, California, Florida and Pennsylvania would control every election based on their huge populations.

Of course they can't be weighted equally because then you would have a small population being able to have as much influence as a large population. Every state gets an electoral vote for each Senator and member of the House of Representatives. Each state gets two Senators but the number of members of the House of Representatives are determined by population.

Spoiler

#325 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

The system shouldn't even be in place. It wasn't like that in the 1700s and it shouldn't be like that now. I'm not a history major but when did this stupid electoral system get implemented and who the hell decides the value of each state?

Since when is Ohio/Florida so, so, soooo important but 40 other states are "worth" practically no "electoral votes"

The stupid electoral system was established in 1787 and was written into the Constitution.

#326 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

The electoral college was implemented at the founding of the nation to give small states a voice in the election. States with total populations of less than 1 million (Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, ect.) are given more of a voice in elections using the electoral college vs. the popular vote. Without the electoral college New York, California, Florida and Pennsylvania would control every election based on their huge populations.

Of course they can't be weighted equally because then you would have a small population being able to have as much influence as a large population. Every state gets an electoral vote for each Senator and member of the House of Representatives. Each state gets two Senators but the number of members of the House of Representatives are determined by population.

Ding ding! Correct answer! Give the man a cigar.
He correctly explained something that is in every 8th great civics textbook.
(read: this should be common knowledge and you shouldn't need it spelled out for you)

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#327 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Ding ding! Correct answer! Give the man a cigar.
He correctly explained something that is in every 8th great civics textbook.
(read: this should be common knowledge and you shouldn't need it spelled out for you)

LOL A few days after the 2000 election, this guy I knew said "you see what's happening in the election? Who's running the country?"

:wall:

It's amazing how many people don't understand how their own country runs.

Spoiler

#328 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

And now Obama leads in popular as well. In summary: shut the fuck up.

#329 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

It just got all 6th grade up in here.

#330 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Romney speech in 5 minutes.