The Spooky OTT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#121 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Who mentioned the Decent as a good horror movie? Was mediocre to me...?

Or...am I thinking of The Cave? :rofl:

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#122 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Who mentioned the Decent as a good horror movie? Was mediocre to me...?

A movie titled Decent sounds like the very definition of mediocre.

Posted Image

#123 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Well, after not using a windows computer for 12 years, I bought a Windows 8 laptop. Costco had an Acer on sale for 100.00 off. It's a 15.6" screen, 6GB of ram, 750GB HDD and a touch screen. I'm enjoying Windows 8 a lot, it's just a big change for me. If I decide I don't like it within 90 days I can return it for a full refund.

seanr1221.png

#124 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

Why would anyone willing buy something with Windows 8 on it? I thought it was pretty awful.

#125 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

This has been a shiitty sports weekend. Panthers and NCSU choke away wins and the Cowboys didn't show up today.

Sucks for you. I got San Diego State and Stanford both winning and becoming bowl eligible. And then the Giants are up three games to zero. Niners play Monday night. Oh, and the Thunder traded James Hardin. Haha.

#126 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

#127 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Champs.

#128 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Good news and bad news.

Good news = I'm off today :whee:

Bad news = apocalyptic hurricane is heading directly over my house :cold:

Posted Image

#129 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

You still have power? That's a good sign at least.

I'm hoping it'll lose steam before it hits upstate.

#130 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I also have off from work.

seanr1221.png

#131 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Yeah it hasn't real hit us yet. I think it gets to where I live around noon.

Posted Image

#132 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

I don't have off from work...we never do. Sure, the governments are closed, there's no public transportation and there will probably be a State of Emergency declared before the end of the work day, but I'm here.

And I'll be here tomorrow...

...and forever...That is until they replace me with 4 workers in Gargon, India.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#133 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

State of Emergency for PA was declared over the weekend already mang.

Posted Image

#134 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Well, after not using a windows computer for 12 years, I bought a Windows 8 laptop. Costco had an Acer on sale for 100.00 off. It's a 15.6" screen, 6GB of ram, 750GB HDD and a touch screen. I'm enjoying Windows 8 a lot, it's just a big change for me. If I decide I don't like it within 90 days I can return it for a full refund.

Is that the one that's $400.

I was in Costco two weeks ago. They had a $400 15 inch notebook in their system. Eight in stock, but they refused to sell them yet.

I've grown fond of the new Fright Night movie. It's not "scary" but it's fun. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it. They should do a sequel.

I work for the power company and have to report for work. But I'm going to instruct my staff that unless they've been activated for their storm role, to leave work today at 11 and not report tomorrow unless activated. That's unusual because we're required to report every day in all weather, on storm or not. Remember Snowmageddon, I had to drive into work during that blizard. This is probably the first storm in my ten years working here where I'm going to tell my staff not to come in tomorrow.

We can't do anything anyway. No one can work until winds drop below 40 MPH. That probably won't be until Tuesday night. I expect to be called in then.

#135 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Is that the one that's $400.

I was in Costco two weeks ago. They had a $400 15 inch notebook in their system. Eight in stock, but they refused to sell them yet.

I've grown fond of the new Fright Night movie. It's not "scary" but it's fun. I would recommend it if you haven't seen it. They should do a sequel.

I work for the power company and have to report for work. But I'm going to instruct my staff that unless they've been activated for their storm role, to leave work today at 11 and not report tomorrow unless activated. That's unusual because we're required to report every day in all weather, on storm or not. Remember Snowmageddon, I had to drive into work during that blizard. This is probably the first storm in my ten years working here where I'm going to tell my staff not to come in tomorrow.

We can't do anything anyway. No one can work until winds drop below 40 MPH. That probably won't be until Tuesday night. I expect to be called in then.

Nah normally 850, on sale for 750. I don't think the lower models have touch screens.

Mak, is all of PA in a SOE or just Philly?

#136 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Good news and bad news.

Good news = I'm off today :whee:

Bad news = apocalyptic hurricane is heading directly over my house :cold:

Yeah, being in Central PA sucks right about now. Granted, we almost never get any storms where I am other than hard rain, so it could be worse? I'm just hoping we don't lose power, or if we do, it doesn't last more than a day.

And as far as I know, I still need to go to work today. Should call the crisis hotline though to see if we are going to close now or not (weren't closing as of 2am this morning).

card.png

#137 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

State of Emergency for PA was declared over the weekend already mang.

And yet, here I am...drowning in work because everyone was smart enough to stay home...everyone but me.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#138 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Nah normally 850, on sale for 750. I don't think the lower models have touch screens.

Mak, is all of PA in a SOE or just Philly?

Whole state. As a matter of fact, I think Obama declared PA a disaster area already so federal funding can be utilized.

Posted Image

#139 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Whole state. As a matter of fact, I think Obama declared PA a disaster area already so federal funding can be utilized.

I wouldn't be surprised. My boss told everyone to work from home today. So I am going until I lose power or 5 pm.

Northeast PA is pretty clear, just a little bit of rain, a small drizzle but I am waiting for it.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#140 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

And yet, here I am...drowning in work because everyone was smart enough to stay home...everyone but me.

I feel ya, we're completely shut down here in Boston, but I'm considered "essential personnel." Sititng here watching Youtube videos. Great stuff.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#141 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I doubt it'll get too bad here. Some semi-strong winds and some rain yes, but not nearly as bad as the PA guys.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. I hope not. I did zero prep.

#142 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hell, I work in a hospital and we have a "Storm Management Plan" that details who should stay home and when.
It gets activated every year when the temp drops below 35 and there's rain in the forecast. :roll:

What I never understand is how with all of our technology is we cannot devise an electrical delivery system to withstand these winds.

Hope everyone stays safe though.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#143 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I doubt it'll get too bad here. Some semi-strong winds and some rain yes, but not nearly as bad as the PA guys.

Then again, I could be completely wrong. I hope not. I did zero prep.

Shouldn't be too bad for you. The county I live in is the northern edge of the worst part of the storm. Everything above that in PA even is not bad. The part of NY state above PA looks like it should be fine.

Posted Image

#144 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

I really wish my store would close. Getting really tempted to call off at this point.

card.png

#145 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Might as well. Not gonna get any better and anyone that goes shopping today for anything but emergency supplies is a huge asshole.

Posted Image

#146 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hey guys! Everyone still afloat?

I'm not in the path of the storm, but they told us at the end of last week if we called out due to the storm it would be considered "Unexcused Leave" and everyone would be given a written warning. It was like fucking high school.
Posted Image

#147 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Might as well. Not gonna get any better and anyone that goes shopping today for anything but emergency supplies is a huge asshole.

Trust me, this storm isn't going to stop people. Some, yes. But not everybody. Once you work retail, you learn real quick that people are selfish assholes.

Hey guys! Everyone still afloat?

I'm not in the path of the storm, but they told us at the end of last week if we called out due to the storm it would be considered "Unexcused Leave" and everyone would be given a written warning. It was like fucking high school.

That's the one thing keeping me from calling out. There's a girl who lived in Maryland maybe 45 to 60 minutes from work who called because of snowmageddon last year. Things went downhill quick to where she was basically forced to quit.

card.png

#148 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

I've got 3 days of work underneath my belt. It's a retail job, a seasonal one at that. I won't say where it is, but if you don't sell credit cards, you get less hours. I've also been scheduled every day. I wonder if they'll ever give me a day off. At least I work later tonight only a few hours. They don't have me in the schedule and they're going day by day at this point. At least it's not as bad as Gamestop.....
Posted Image

#149 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

So they closed the office at 12:00PM because of the hurricane. I'm just leaving now. to heck if they think I'm driving in tomorrow. Not that its too bad...just rainy and windy. But its supposed to get worse.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#150 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

California love. What's a hurricane?