Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3361 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Anyone else get a ready for pickup email for Dead Island. I got 3 emails. 2 notifying me of release date change and another one to come pick it up.

What's the new release date? I thought it was 4/23.
Posted Image

#3362 ky151

ky151

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Anyone else get a ready for pickup email for Dead Island. I got 3 emails. 2 notifying me of release date change and another one to come pick it up.

I just preordered yesterday for shipping. I got the release date change email an hour or so ago followed by an email saying my item is backordered and should arrive between April 11-22.

I checked online and now Dead Island is not available for shipping.

#3363 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

What's the new release date? I thought it was 4/23.

Today and they say it's ready for pick up. I was going by today anyway so I'll try to pick it up.

#3364 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

i had my gears of war points post today (along with the 500 bonus points for purchase and 250 other points :D)

#3365 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

Today and they say it's ready for pick up. I was going by today anyway so I'll try to pick it up.

Is that official or is that just what BB is telling you? Because every other retailer still has 4/23.
Posted Image

#3366 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

Is that official or is that just what BB is telling you? Because every other retailer still has 4/23.

Even BBY website still says 4-23, but this is an email like all the other ready for pick up emails I've ever gotten. Maybe they got it in today and they're not street dated? Although 3 weeks sounds like a long time to have a product in stores.

#3367 mathyou

mathyou

Fart berries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

I just preordered yesterday for shipping. I got the release date change email an hour or so ago followed by an email saying my item is backordered and should arrive between April 11-22.

I checked online and now Dead Island is not available for shipping.

I did the same, and I got the same emails today. Is it maybe the steelbook add that's ready for pick-up? Mine was "shipping only," but maybe that's a mistake, too.

#3368 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

I never got my MGRising RZ points. I think she messed it up when she was scanning the preorder receipt. Is there a number/email address that people have had success with?

#3369 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Anyone try to pick up their Dead Island Riptide yet? May stop by after work and try. Considering calling first to make sure it's ready as I don't want to make that drive if I don't have to.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#3370 deyanks98

deyanks98

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well generally the prices on the website are prices in the store. I had BB pm GS about a week ago by showing them the online price on my phone, but the cashier was wary and called the manager and he said yes, GS isn't even in their system as a competitor, but the GS was like less than a mile from the BB.

They should do it if you have a GS locally...makes no sense why they wouldn't

Agreed and there's 3 Gamestops within 2 miles of the Best Buy I was at so I was really surprised when they said this. I show them prices on my phone all the time and they've never questioned price matching Toys R Us, Kmart, or Target before.

#3371 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

FYI, someone made a mistake somewhere in the system w/ Dead Island Riptide. My store doesn't have a copy waiting for me and aren't scheduled to get any in until right before the 23rd. As suspected.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#3372 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Help?

Bought BBY MGR 2-21 at $50 (PM retail Frys price) at time of Purchase.
I am GU and Silver also.

NewEgg has MGR for $40 currently. Can I still do another PM in effect making my cost $20?

Am hearing some are successful. My store are Nazis and liars so I'd like to make sure the old policy favors me (and if it's stated in black and white somewhere official).

#3373 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

I had the same problem as you, but they did a "price correction". Bit it also states "return items" like yours.

I have still have the 1000 pending for Bioshock, so you should be ok? I hope ?

They probably took off $5 from the purchase for the random $5 dlc charge, and did that for their benefit otherwise their register would be off by $5

#3374 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Help?

I am GU and Silver also.

NewEgg has MGR for $40 currently. Can I still do another PM in effect making my cost $20?

Am hearing some are successful. My store are Nazis and liars so I'd like to make sure the old policy favors me (and if it's stated in black and white somewhere official).

Hmmmm anything bought before a certain date should be under the old policy. Make sure to stress this, it was bought during the OLD policy period.
Printout the policy change page that says that if you can find it. But people are unpredictable and you might get a evil manager.

#3375 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

I had over 2,600 points pending with BioShock Infinite and it somehow dropped to 569 points. It is still showing my BioShock transaction as pending, but the points are gone!

If I don't get my points because my @Gamer Unlock Subscription ended two days after BioShock's release I will be pissed!

Check your reward Cert's... probably set to cash out at 1000 or so. You should have them.

#3376 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Help?

I am GU and Silver also.

I just got off the phone with bb getting a pm for this. If you bought it in store you will probably only get $10 back but it does apply to the old policy so you can pm. I purchased online and did a pm after the fact for the frys price then did a pm again and got 30 back total. They never check for previous pm's online (prob on another screen) but with a rep in stop the first price they look at is the $50.

..... I am going to miss this when it is gone.

#3377 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Help?

I am GU and Silver also.

Hmmmm anything bought before a certain date should be under the old policy. Make sure to stress this, it was bought during the OLD policy period.
Printout the policy change page that says that if you can find it. But people are unpredictable and you might get a evil manager.

But even under the old policy, couldn't you only PM once?

#3378 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

FYI, for those that get price match or price correction as a workaround...as far as I guess it's ok.

I put all my bby purchases on credit card. So if it was indeed a game return and rebuy fix My credit card statement would show these quick transactions. Has not happened the 3 times they Fuck my orders.

(I am done with bby preorders 4-19, it's not worth the aggravation)

#3379 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

You could PM multiple times. I've done it.

This thread reminded me I need to PM MGR with NewEgg tonight.

#3380 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

Man, you missed out on the PM golden age. You could PM as many times as you want.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3381 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

you guys are amazing. thanx for the heads up on newegg.com mgr price. woot

i love my cags

Edited by Velo214, 03 April 2013 - 02:50 AM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3382 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

Anyone have any luck PMing Newegg's $49.99 price on God of War: Ascension? I've struck out twice (and rightfully so) because the purchase took place after the March 3rd policy change so now BBY won't PM a competitor's price.

Might have to wait for the price to drop at Best Buy, per the new policy that's in place. :cry:
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#3383 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Just got done with the demo for Injustice. I kind of want to buy it now.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#3384 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

lol. how to make friends by gamer4life88 ;)
all of you cags are douches and weasels, trying to save money and post details!
douches and weasels all of ya! lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3385 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Weren't they not allowed to price match newegg before the change to the new policy, so you should not be able to price match MGR, unless there is a magical newegg store local to you.

#3386 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

lol. how to make friends by gamer4life88 ;)
all of you cags are douches and weasels, trying to save money and post details!
douches and weasels all of ya! lol

I never said all CAGS, and why did you edit out all the "details" in your previous post? All I'm saying is that I think its a douche move to keep calling CS hoping to get a uninformed rep who will do a PM that's not in their policy anymore. Don't see why my posts got deleted but whatever, I forgot this place can be SD jr. sometimes.

#3387 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Weren't they not allowed to price match newegg before the change to the new policy, so you should not be able to price match MGR, unless there is a magical newegg store local to you.

I don't think this will play into factor. They just look up whom they can price match currently in their system. (Also they have always had the option for 'Other Online Competitor')

xivpads.png

#3388 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

GOW:J points just posted. Combined with the facebook points from the other promo I got over 1500 points on the transaction.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#3389 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

So I was wondering why my Bioshock purchase hasn't posted on the rewards site yet since everything has been running smooth for me lately. I purchased off the website and had it shipped to me. I checked my BB account this morning and the order still says In Process on bests buys website and not order complete like it should once it ships, even though I got the game already. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Edited by DomLando, 03 April 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#3390 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

So I was wondering why my Bioshock purchase hasn't posted yet since everything has been running smooth for me lately. I purchased off the website and had it shipped to me. I checked my BB account this morning and the order still says In Process, even though I got the game already. Has this ever happened to anyone?

My order is "still in process" but the points from the purchase and the 1000 points extra were pending a day or two after it arrived.