Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#3601 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

I got my welcome coupons in an email, they expire 4/30, can I print them out and give to other people to use?

When was your renewal perchance? I did mind in February and haven't gotten anything. I may make a post in a forum like another post mentioned and hope for a GC!

#3602 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

When was your renewal perchance? I did mind in February and haven't gotten anything. I may make a post in a forum like another post mentioned and hope for a GC!

Yeah, it's time for you to make a post on the BBuy forums. I think I remember the mods there saying you should get the welcome coupons in your email after a few days to 2 weeks after signing up in-store.

#3603 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

i got Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered and picked up on April 1st, the last day for the $20 back eligibility.

It's been 2.5 weeks with no pending points, and I usually get them by now. I'm going to wait to call Best Buy until a full month, since I'm sure that's what they'll tell me.

My problem is that I threw away my receipt by accident. Is there a way, either in person or over the phone, to verify my purchase? I found on my credit card statement the transaction, but I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming points don't come through by the end of the month).

Thanks.

#3604 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, it's time for you to make a post on the BBuy forums. I think I remember the mods there saying you should get the welcome coupons in your email after a few days to 2 weeks after signing up in-store.

I'm in the same boat. Its been 9 weeks since I renewed my GC sub. I just made a post in the BBY forums as well.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#3605 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

i got Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered and picked up on April 1st, the last day for the $20 back eligibility.

It's been 2.5 weeks with no pending points, and I usually get them by now. I'm going to wait to call Best Buy until a full month, since I'm sure that's what they'll tell me.

My problem is that I threw away my receipt by accident. Is there a way, either in person or over the phone, to verify my purchase? I found on my credit card statement the transaction, but I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming points don't come through by the end of the month).

Thanks.

Did you preorder online or in store? If you did it online, there for sure will be a record of it that you should be able to access. If you did it in store, I'm pretty sure these is a way for a rep to look for it. I'd call the CS number so that you're not waiting around at the store and the level of expertise to find things like this are spotty. Provide your RZ number and they should be able to find it.

#3606 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Thanks.

Log into myrz.com. It should have the customer receipt# on your date of purchase and the CS can look it up.

#3607 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks.

If you preordered and picked up in-store, log in to your RZ account at myrz.com, click Points & Purchases, and find the 4/1 purchase corresponding to Bioshock Infinite. There should be a Customer Service PIN in the little window that pops up when you click for more details on the purchase--as long as you have that PIN, a CS rep can find all of the information you need.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3608 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Am I the only person who noticed they said they had no points pending from it? I took that to mean it's not listed on their rewards account, perhaps I took it the wrong way, but that's my perception.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3609 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

Am I the only person who noticed they said they had no points pending from it? I took that to mean it's not listed on their rewards account, perhaps I took it the wrong way, but that's my perception.

No, that's why I ended up recommending him/her to call in. When I call, the issue gets resolved 95% of the time....but that could be because I'm silver.

#3610 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

I took that to mean they hadn't seen the 1000 points yet.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

#3611 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's funny my 1000 rz points are already pending for injustice and I haven't even received the game yet .

#3612 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

Has anyone ever had a purchase of a game they didn't buy pop up?
Edit: I'm stupid... wrote all that while my Bioshock Infinite Limited Ed Guide was open next to me... Had Pmed the Amazon Price for 21.93... Seriously... How the heck do I derp that hard???

Edited by Hemi, 19 April 2013 - 06:56 AM.

#3613 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

I picked up Injustice on Tuesday and I already got my $20 certificate. After reading a lot of this thread, I was really surprised it was there already.

#3614 Ahkward

Ahkward

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'm a little worried, on the 12th it's showing I bought Bioshock Infinite Limited Ed on the myrz page at my local store (I DEFINATELY did not). They must of used a GC or SOMETHING as the total is 22.xx but WTF? Could this just be a glitch as I have my RZ membership card, It's always with me, I never write it down, and most of all HOW...??? What would someone possibly gain from this?

Has anyone ever had a purchase of a game they didn't buy pop up?

Well...this is interesting. I was out of town when Bioshock came out so I had a friend pick up my preorder. He said the cashier was an older lady and my friend had to repeat my phone number (for RZ login) multiple times for her to get it. Then, when I get home, I noticed that my receipt didn't have the right RZ number for the purchase. I'm thinking that cashier didn't get the right phone number. So I worked it out with the RZ Customer service and got it fixed to my account but I wondered if it credited someone else's account too. I don't think it could be yours though because I didn't get the limited edition and my total was $60. But maybe something similar happened to you?

#3615 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately, myrewardzone doesn't show any purchase on 4/1. I'm hoping that I'm not just out $20.

#3616 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately, myrewardzone doesn't show any purchase on 4/1. I'm hoping that I'm not just out $20.

I thought that is what you meant. All hope is not lost. Call the store you bought the game at ASAP. Tell them what day, register, and approx what time you bought the game at so they can look up the receipt. As far as I can recall the have the ability to pull up the receipt, but it may have been far too long since the date of purchase to do that.

If that gets no results, post on the official Best Buy forums about your situation and hopefully they can work with you.

http://forums.bestbu...bd-p/gamersclub

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3617 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

Supposedly I never got my $20 certificate for Tomb Raider because I bought it on release date, despite me ordering it like right after midnight and they still had the preorder for in store pick up purchase link as well as the product page was still promoting the $20 bonus for it.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#3618 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

I picked up Injustice on Tuesday and I already got my $20 certificate. After reading a lot of this thread, I was really surprised it was there already.

You mean pending right? My pts are pending already just in case anyone's wondering, this is the 1st time I've seen it pending this fast after picking it up on release day.

#3619 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

I thought that is what you meant. All hope is not lost. Call the store you bought the game at ASAP. Tell them what day, register, and approx what time you bought the game at so they can look up the receipt. As far as I can recall the have the ability to pull up the receipt, but it may have been far too long since the date of purchase to do that.

If that gets no results, post on the official Best Buy forums about your situation and hopefully they can work with you.

http://forums.bestbu...bd-p/gamersclub

Great. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

#3620 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Thanks.

I mentioned it a hundred times on this website already but as long as they included your Reward Zone # at the time of pickup you will be fine. the Reward zone website interface is not always updated with the master database that customer service sees.

this explains why a lot of people calling to CS and they say that they see the transaction fine even though it doesn't show up on the website.

#3621 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

I mentioned it a hundred times on this website already but as long as they included your Reward Zone # at the time of pickup you will be fine. the Reward zone website interface is not always updated with the master database that customer service sees.

this explains why a lot of people calling to CS and they say that they see the transaction fine even though it doesn't show up on the website.

Not always true. My God of War CE was there like normal, then a week or two later it disappeared. I tried adding it via customer service pin, said it was already there. 40 days or so later the transaction is still missing from my account and the points never credited. Called the other day, they are looking into it. We'll see what happens.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#3622 destroyu68

destroyu68

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

I got a $40 certificate for my Bioshock Infinite pre-order too.

#3623 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Might have to give CS a call/post in the forums. Still have yet to receive my welcome packet and I renewed on 1/22.
Also need to try and get credited for the $50 I wasted by "pre-ordering" a phone. They gave me a $50 gc for the preorder and told me I had to come back and pay the remainder. When I went in today, they charged me 200+ tax. Even after asking them 4 times if the gift card was promotional, and that I'd only owe them the remainder. They also refused to give me a free screen protector that was free with the phone purchase from the website. I figured that was the least they could do.

#3624 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

So a mod got back on the BB forums about my missing Welcome Kit. Well his answer was to send me a link to a Welcome Kit I could print off. That would have been great except for the fact that the COUPONS EXPIRE ON APRIL 30TH. What an insult to give me coupons that expire in 10 days. Needless to say I'm not happy and I sent a message back to the mod that it was not right.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#3625 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

So a mod got back on the BB forums about my missing Welcome Kit. Well his answer was to send me a link to a Welcome Kit I could print off. That would have been great except for the fact that the COUPONS EXPIRE ON APRIL 30TH. What an insult to give me coupons that expire in 10 days. Needless to say I'm not happy and I sent a message back to the mod that it was not right.

This makes me wonder if they just have a batch of these hidden links every month or so, that anyone can access, but you have to find it.

xivpads.png

#3626 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Destructoid review of Dead Island: Riptide, courtesy of Sterling (no wait, come back and read it!): http://www.destructo...de-252112.phtml

5/10 and apparently the original Dead Island could be considered better due to Riptide having problems that patches fixed for the original DI? Yikes.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3627 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

Destructoid review of Dead Island: Riptide, courtesy of Sterling (no wait, come back and read it!): http://www.destructo...de-252112.phtml

5/10 and apparently the original Dead Island could be considered better due to Riptide having problems that patches fixed for the original DI? Yikes.

Well, here's hoping the review copy is messed up. (This happens from time to time)

Also, I am not too worried about it as I know most issues will be patched. It will probably sit on my backlog for a bit anyway as I am playing some RPG's that I had picked up recently.

xivpads.png

#3628 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Same thing happened to me. I messaged him back asking for different ones and he said I could either wait a bit for the next batch to be released or take a $50 gift card. Naturally I took the gift card.

#3629 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks for the info. Still picking it up. Loved the fist DI.

#3630 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Same thing happened to me. I messaged him back asking for different ones and he said I could either wait a bit for the next batch to be released or take a $50 gift card. Naturally I took the gift card.

:shock: Man, I hope I get a similar offer when the mod I PMed about the same issue (asked for Welcome Packet, received link to coupons, they expire 4/30) responds...

Cloud_Squall78.png