Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#4141 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I picked my TLoU up on Friday evening, and my 1,000 points show pending as of this morning.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else have issues when picking up pre-orders? The last 3  (Bioshock, Tomb, Last of Us) pick up's have had problems in their system. It's been a variety of issues (deposit doesn't come off, can't package in the pre-order bonus, etc) for these titles. I'm wondering if it's the staff or why the system at this store is now always on the fritz, as I didn't use to have any issues. It looks like this time when ringing up TLoU she somehow issued me 2 Sight & Sound bonuses, as I received 2 emails, but only one matches the cash register receipt.

Yup problems galore, I was charged $5 for God of war DLC bonus, but the Gaming rep noticed and price adjusted, and my pre-order deposit was not taken off for Injustice .  I think the process to handle pre-orders in the system may be confusing employees without experience.

#4142 SuncoastGuy

SuncoastGuy

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

I had a horrible experience with almost every game I preordered from Best Buy.

The only one I recall going smoothly was CoD:Black Ops II that I got for my son.

Probably because they had the wrinkles ironed out due to the volume of the midnight release.

Before this Best Buy promotion I've never pre-ordered a game but it was worth it for the $20 back, then apply that $20+$40 trade in to the next game.

I'm a RZ Silver member so spend plenty there but after this promo will not pre-order from Best Buy again.

#4143 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Last of Us transaction finally went through on my Rewards Zone account. Need to keep building up certificates for a 2nd PS4 control and hopefully a game. Going to be hard with little left to buy besides Grand Theft Auto. lol

Totally had a terrible experience the cashier tried to charge me 5 bucks for the sights and sounds pack then she cancelled the order and said "sorry now you have no pre-order bonus and no 20 dollar cert" I was so upset I don't think its worth the hassle of fighting with these people anymore.  She also tried to tell me the sights and sounds pack was 5 bucks, sure.

#4144 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Like some BB didn't have the Survival Edition of the game. After explaining how I was gonna to get 20 in Reward Zones Certs and not other stores having it stock, they'll finally gave me a 20 gift card. Then I have to wait like 30 additional minutes to get them to cancel the preorder? I would have been pissed but I rented the game and already beat it. Now probably gonna wait until it hits 40 to pick up the regular edition. Hopefully soon and by then the trophies glitches should be patched.

#4145 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:47 PM

Last of Us transaction finally went through on my Rewards Zone account. Need to keep building up certificates for a 2nd PS4 control and hopefully a game. Going to be hard with little left to buy besides Grand Theft Auto. lol

Totally had a terrible experience the cashier tried to charge me 5 bucks for the sights and sounds pack then she cancelled the order and said "sorry now you have no pre-order bonus and no 20 dollar cert" I was so upset I don't think its worth the hassle of fighting with these people anymore.  She also tried to tell me the sights and sounds pack was 5 bucks, sure.

Almost always an issue when doing business at my local Best Buy. Either the employee is clueless or Best Buy's computer system isn't working properly. Makes buying and trading games in frustrating at times.

#4146 jukkakhan

jukkakhan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

I picked my TLoU up on Friday evening, and my 1,000 points show pending as of this morning.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else have issues when picking up pre-orders? The last 3  (Bioshock, Tomb, Last of Us) pick up's have had problems in their system. It's been a variety of issues (deposit doesn't come off, can't package in the pre-order bonus, etc) for these titles. I'm wondering if it's the staff or why the system at this store is now always on the fritz, as I didn't use to have any issues. It looks like this time when ringing up TLoU she somehow issued me 2 Sight & Sound bonuses, as I received 2 emails, but only one matches the cash register receipt.

I think they keep changing/tweaking the preorder system which ends up confusing the employees. It's not a problem at my local store because the employees are always up to date and knowledgeable, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case at most other stores.

#4147 DiscoSmoke

DiscoSmoke

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Check and make sure one of the codes is not for the full game. I was suppose to get a Sights and Sounds DLC code, which did not appear on my pre-order pick up receipt, and received an email Sunday with a code for the full game!

#4148 SonicGamer

SonicGamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

i love this promo.. the only thing that bothers me is that wii u games arent part of it and that they have yet to add more games to it

I save 24/7 on retro/next gen/ and last gen etc. Deals is my go to and my specialty if you ain't talking deals you ain't talking my language! game on!!  Most of the things i get are FREE! 

#4149 Veridis_Quo

Veridis_Quo

VAIR-RID-DIS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I hope they extend this promo to upcoming next gen titles this holidays. I'm planning on getting 2 games and those extra $40 would help a lot! I guess we'll find out after the release of gtav.

#4150 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

I am surprised, went to best buy to pick up my preorder of Last of Us and there was no issues with charging for the dlc plus my copy was sitting at customer service. Probably the fastest I have ever been in and out of a best buy ever (less than 5 min).

#4151 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

any ideas when e3 games will be added to this promo?

#4152 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

I grabbed the Last of Us and the PS+ bundle for instore pickup and the points are pending. Awesome deal.

#4153 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Just got my free Survival Edition and wow, it's huge.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4154 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

It would be nice if they added Xbox One and PS4 games..

Just got my free Survival Edition and wow, it's huge.

Free?

nihilence.png

#4155 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

It would be nice if they added Xbox One and PS4 games..

Free?

Well, technically they also gave me $30 in Rewards too.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4156 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

Free?

Since gettinmoney is being a dick for some reason I'll explain it, BB messed up and canceled some peoples survivor edition orders so to make up for it they sent it to them for free.

#4157 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Lucky for those few.

nihilence.png

#4158 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

any ideas when e3 games will be added to this promo?

That's the million dollar question.

#4159 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Sucks they didn't add Saints Row 4

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#4160 htz

htz

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

I would like Best Buy to consider extending the promotion and adding some of the following titles for fall/winter 2013. (PS3, XBOX 360, WII U, PS4, XBOX ONE)

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Saints Row IV
Madden NFL 25
Rayman Legends
NHL 14
FIFA 14
NBA 2K14
Beyond: Two Souls
Batman: Arkham Origins
Battlefield 4
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
WWE 2K14
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Need for Speed Rivals
Watch Dogs
Gran Turismo 6

Pikmin 3

The Wonderful 101

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

I would also like to see handheld games be added to the promotion but with a $10 RZ certificate instead of $20. Some title suggestions below. (PS VITA, 3DS)

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Mario Party 3DS

Killzone: Mercenary

Tearaway

^I have created an ideax requesting Best Buy to extend the $20 RZ cert for fall/winter 2013 plus a suggestion for handheld titles be added to the promotion. Please vote it up if you would like to see this promotion be continued.

http://forums.bestbu...er/idi-p/691474

http://forums.bestbu...er/idi-p/682305

^I'm also trying to get free release date implemented for those who would like to see this added.

#4161 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

We need bb to extend this! I plan to get ghost. 20extra would be awsome

#4162 Maestro

Maestro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

I would love a pretty hefty bonus for preordering the Xbox One at Best Buy. $100 gift card is what I'm looking for. I mean, it does cost $500.

#4163 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

if games were gonna be added they would have been added by now. mabye when this set of games are done with this promo a whole new list will be added
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#4164 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

I would love a pretty hefty bonus for preordering the Xbox One at Best Buy. $100 gift card is what I'm looking for. I mean, it does cost $500.

Not gonna happen.

#4165 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

Not gonna happen.

Yeah, retailers are going to have enough trouble fulfilling orders at msrp.

#4166 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:53 AM

I wish they would add more games. Its the sole reason why I buy my games at BB day one over any other retailer.
Posted Image

#4167 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

I wish they would add more games. Its the sole reason why I buy my games at BB day one over any other retailer.

Make sure you vote in the thread htz linked

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#4168 htz

htz

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Great job guys, both ideax suggestions are currently changed to "under review" by Allan.

#4169 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

That thread deserves more kudos. I'm sure hundreds of people preorder at Best Buy through cag alone.

If you guys don't speak up and vote don't complain if the $20 RZ offer stops after GTA V.This is our chance to affect Best Buy's promo for Day 1 releases.
  • htz likes this

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#4170 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Sorry to derail the momentum, buy how does one renew Unlocked? I was at the CS desk trading Black Ops2 and the girl had no idea. They have eliminated the gaming register at my store. Any help?