Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#481 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Just in for Last of Us.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#482 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm finally considering GCU because of this deal. Is it worth it if you don't have a BB within a convenient distance and have to do everything online? Assuming that everything works the same online, the only drawback I can see is their slow-ish free shipping.

The coupons are only good for in-store use. The trade-in bonus is in-store obviously. So...

#483 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

The coupons are only good for in-store use. The trade-in bonus is in-store obviously. So...

??? what coupons? the @gamer? rz certs work online fine and he can pm over phone. He was saying he wanted the $20 rz preorder bonus for gcu.

#484 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I got the coupon train started yesterday by preordering Dead Space 3 (:360:), though I already have Bioshock Infinite (:ps3:) and GTA V (:ps3:) preordered, as well.

Does anyone know if Tomb Raider will be better on either system? I'm a bit unsure which system for which I should get it.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#485 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Does anyone know if Tomb Raider will be better on either system? I'm a bit unsure which system for which I should get it.

Would like to know this as well. Interested in the :pc: and console version comparisons, I know :pc: does not enjoy the $20 promo but if the quality difference is significant I will go PC.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#486 tk_tymes

tk_tymes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

All of them do. I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and pricematched all of them down to $40.

Question; when you price-match a game down, does it affect the value of your $20 RZ certificate for that game?

#487 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Any word on extending this offer to Wii U games? I'd love to do this for Rayman and Monster Hunter...

#488 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Question; when you price-match a game down, does it affect the value of your $20 RZ certificate for that game?

No, I always received the $20 RZ certificate.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#489 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

If they do an actual pricematch then no but if they do a return-rebuy then yes. I had points taken out of my normal balance for pricematching equal to the cash back but it might be YMMV.

uc.png

#490 htz

htz

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm finally considering GCU because of this deal. Is it worth it if you don't have a BB within a convenient distance and have to do everything online? Assuming that everything works the same online, the only drawback I can see is their slow-ish free shipping.

Majority of the GCU benefits are in-store only.

• @gamer coupons
  • Bi-weekly RZ offers
  • Welcome packet coupons
  • 10% trade in bonus
GCU benefits that can be done online.

• $20 RZ cert for pre-ordering select games
  • 10% off pre-owned games
But taking advantage of 2 or more $20 RZ cert promos can cover the cost of the subscription.

#491 tk_tymes

tk_tymes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

If they do an actual pricematch then no but if they do a return-rebuy then yes. I had points taken out of my normal balance for pricematching equal to the cash back but it might be YMMV.

What are the circumstances that would cause them to do a return-rebuy, instead of a regular price-match?

#492 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

What are the circumstances that would cause them to do a return-rebuy, instead of a regular price-match?

Improper training. :lol:

#493 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Timed exclusive DLC for 360

630736.png

#494 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

I pre-ordered AC3 & Halo 4 a few months (3-5) prior to release. As such, the computer wouldn't allow a price adjustment within the 60 day window (I'm premiere) - so the first time, the CSR never asked, she just rang it up as a return/rebuy and 1000 pts was subtracted from my account (I had to call to get everything re-instated). The second time, I mentioned what had happened, i.e. please don't do this again, and the same CSR explained the system hadn't allowed a price adjustment due how far in advance I had pre-ordered. So what they did was to select another item I purchased (viewing my order history) and took the difference off of that.

#495 Person808

Person808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'm kinda sad that Sim City isn't on this list. There are some nice console games on the list though.

#496 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

If I do this online, do I get charged right away or when the product ships? Like, is there an authorization charge?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#497 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

If I do this online, do I get charged right away or when the product ships? Like, is there an authorization charge?

A hold is placed on your Credit Card, yes.

#498 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

A hold is placed on your Credit Card, yes.

Sucks. Guess I'll just go down and do the 5 dollar preorders for the games I want. Thanks for the reply!

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#499 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Maybe we should add release dates to the titles so that cags can keep up when to preorder in time.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#500 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Maybe we should add release dates to the titles so that cags can keep up when to preorder in time.

that would be appreciated

#501 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I think these dates are accurate. If these could be added to the first post, that'd be great!

Bioshock Infinite: 3/26
Crysis 3: 2/19
Dead Island Riptide: 4/23
Dead Space 3: 2/5
Gears of War: Judgment: 3/19
God of War: Ascension: 3/12
Grand Theft Auto V: TBD
Injustice: Gods Among Us: 4/16
The Last of Us: 5/7
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: 2/19
South Park: The Stick of Truth: TBD
Splinter Cell: Blacklist: TBD
Tomb Raider: 3/5

#502 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think these dates are accurate. If these could be added to the first post, that'd be great!

Bioshock Infinite: 3/26
Crysis 3: 2/19
Dead Island Riptide: 4/23
Dead Space 3: 2/5
Gears of War: Judgment: 3/19
God of War: Ascension: 3/12
Grand Theft Auto V: TBD
Injustice: Gods Among Us: 4/16
The Last of Us: 5/7
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: 2/19
South Park: The Stick of Truth: TBD
Splinter Cell: Blacklist: TBD
Tomb Raider: 3/5

Thanks for this. Ill put $1,000 that GTA 5 releases 5/14 if not 5/21. Rockstar ALWAYS releases new games the week on my b-day. Im looking at 5 games for sure, with Gears and Dead Island on the bubble.

#503 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for the list, I needed something like that!

Edit: I put them in chronological order for myself, since I'll be getting quite a few of these, and I thought I'd post it so people could have that list, pre-done, as well.

Spoiler

#504 DillonKC

DillonKC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

How long do we have to price match the games after they are released?

Is it longer for Silver Premiere?

Thanks

#505 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

How long do we have to price match the games after they are released?

Is it longer for Silver Premiere?

Thanks

30 days for everyone. 60 days for RZ Silver.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#506 htz

htz

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I have updated the OP with release dates, new pre-order bonuses, and added the fine print for the promotion. Let me know what you guys think, and if anything need to be added in the future. :)

#507 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Has anyone seen those Dead Island steelbooks at their BB? I've never seen one yet.

Also, I was at a GS and saw that they're giving a downloadable copy of Crysis 1 and a Predator Bow for Crysis 3 pre-orders. There was not mention of that being exclusive to GS. Valid at BB?

#508 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Has anyone seen those Dead Island steelbooks at their BB? I've never seen one yet.

There's still at least a dozen at mine. Can't imagine there's much interest.

#509 htz

htz

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Also, I was at a GS and saw that they're giving a downloadable copy of Crysis 1 and a Predator Bow for Crysis 3 pre-orders. There was not mention of that being exclusive to GS. Valid at BB?

The dead island steelbooks were given away near the beginning of September 2012 along with the Avengers steelbooks. Probably all gone by now in-store. You can try pre-ordering one online or from amazon.

Crysis 1 and Predator Bow should come with all limited edition copies pre-orders of Crysis 3. Best Buy is just late to updating there listings as usual.

Ah....No preorder bonuses for Blacklist :(

I'm sure it will get one or already has one but best buy has not updated there listings yet.

#510 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Ah....No preorder bonuses for Blacklist :(

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png