Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#571 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think I'm one of the few people who isn't going crazy for GTAV. Everytime I've picked up a GTA game, I play maybe 4 or 5 story missions, then spend 2 weeks driving around running over hookers until I get bored of the game. I don't think I've ever gotten off the first island in ANY GTA game, and I've played them all. Going to be picking up Revengeance and Bioshock (and maybe Last of Us) with the promo though. A couple others I want, but I can wait for a price drop on the rest. On a separate note, did Revengeance have preorder DLC at one point? I could have sworn I read something about it, but theres no mention on the BB site.

#572 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think I'm one of the few people who isn't going crazy for GTAV. Everytime I've picked up a GTA game, I play maybe 4 or 5 story missions, then spend 2 weeks driving around running over hookers until I get bored of the game. I don't think I've ever gotten off the first island in ANY GTA game, and I've played them all.

I am like this too. I've played all of the GTA games before, but never stuck with an open world game for more than a couple of hours until Saints Row 3. I'm waiting to see more of GTA5 before making a decision.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#573 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

this is off topic, but i doubt south park game is coming out, especially with THQ being bankrupt, and being auction off ,lol

#574 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

this is off topic, but i doubt south park game is coming out, especially with THQ being bankrupt, and being auction off ,lol

Think the game is basically finished, given the brand appeal there's little reason to think a bigger publisher doesn't pick it up and finish/release it under their name. At this point I'd be more surprised if it doesn't come out than if it does. Not sure the current date will hold up, but it will come out., lol

I'm think the new system doesn't allow for one to use RZ certs to preorder anymore.

Damn, really? Kills part of the deal for me. I pre-order all my stuff from BB's website and it was great just putting in the RZ cert codes and going from there. Not sure there's enough at BB regular (plus the 45 minute minimum ride to get there) to justify continued shopping. I'll give it a shot and if not may just blow all my certs at once. Oh well, good run I suppose.

#575 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electrifying confusion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm think the new system doesn't allow for one to use RZ certs to preorder anymore.

Oh dang, really? That kind of changes my plans.

Just checked the BB website, it does say that reward certs are valid for "in stock" items only. Anyone actually tried this recently and can confirm?

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#576 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Think the game is basically finished, given the brand appeal there's little reason to think a bigger publisher doesn't pick it up and finish/release it under their name. At this point I'd be more surprised if it doesn't come out than if it does. Not sure the current date will hold up, but it will come out., lol

Damn, really? Kills part of the deal for me. I pre-order all my stuff from BB's website and it was great just putting in the RZ cert codes and going from there. Not sure there's enough at BB regular (plus the 45 minute minimum ride to get there) to justify continued shopping. I'll give it a shot and if not may just blow all my certs at once. Oh well, good run I suppose.

The 3/5 date won't hold up. It's already been pushed back before all the THQ bankruptcy stuff started.
http://www.joystiq.c...s-2-south-park/

And I meant in-store, not on the web. You should still be able to use the RZ certs on the web, but I haven't tried it.

Just checked the BB website, it does say that reward certs are valid for "in stock" items only. Anyone actually tried this recently and can confirm?

I meant in-store. I live in a city with 2 BB's within a short drive and I kinda forget that people aren't the same. The new in-store system doesn't allow it if I remember right. It should still work for online I imagine. You'd have to try.

#577 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

i hope you are right about the south park game actually coming out, lol i always wanted to play a south park game,lol

#578 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm a sucker for useless nerd things, so it's a tad depressing that CE/LEs don't seem to be included aross the board for this.

#579 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Also, for non-silver members u can reach silver status by spending $1500 in back to back yrs or use the pre-paid visa method which only cost $77.35 in fees(13 cards total).

whoo, that's good to know. i spent approx $2k this year and someone else mentioned the visa GC option that could have been used to fill the gap to $2.5k. Unfortunately, it was after they reset my points to 0 for this year.

I'll just keep an eye out and once Oct/Nov comes around, I'll have a better idea how much I'll need to "visa" to get past the $1500 threshold. If last year was any indication, $1500 shouldn't be much of a problem to do this year.

Edit oops: @Enuf, I was silver last year so does that mean that I have to spend $1500 in 2013 and 2014 to be silver in 2015? Or will I be able to get silver based on 2012's $2k purchases and 2013's $1.5k purchases?

#580 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm a sucker for useless nerd things, so it's a tad depressing that CE/LEs don't seem to be included aross the board for this.

I thought the LE/SE versions of the ones offered (on the same platform) WERE included, even if they don't specifically mention it on the item page (i.e. Tomb Raider 360 LE)?

#581 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

He was talking about in-store. I just used a rz cert to preorder DS3 online, no problems.

I thought the LE/SE versions of the ones offered (on the same platform) WERE included, even if they don't specifically mention it on the item page (i.e. Tomb Raider 360 LE)?

Is there any official word on this like last time? The LEs on the website don't list the 20 promo in the sidebar. Did they list it for the last batch? I don't remember. I'd really like 20 back on my songbird.

#582 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

He was talking about in-store. I just used a rz cert to preorder DS3 online, no problems.

Is there any official word on this like last time? The LEs on the website don't list the 20 promo in the sidebar. Did they list it for the last batch? I don't remember. I'd really like 20 back on my songbird.

The only LE/CE I pre-ordered last time was COD:BO2 - and that one did have the $20, but none of the COD:BO2 listed the $20 promo. So I can't say.

#583 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

The only LE/CE I pre-ordered last time was COD:BO2 - and that one did have the $20, but none of the COD:BO2 listed the $20 promo. So I can't say.

I don't think any edition of Blops 2 listed the 20 promo though.

#584 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

I got $20 for RE6 Anthology though it took longer than most to get it. Pretty sure all console editions work.

#585 htz

htz

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

During last year's $20 cert promo, all LE/CE were included with the offer.

I have made a request for an updated FAQ for this year's promo. I know the terms have changed slightly based on the conversation I had with a BBY Connector back in November(He didn't provide much since he wanted to focus on finishing the 2012 promotion at that time).

#586 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

During last year's $20 cert promo, all LE/CE were included with the offer.

I have made a request for an updated FAQ for this year's promo. I know the terms have changed slightly based on the conversation I had with a BBY Connector back in November(He didn't provide much since he wanted to focus on finishing the 2012 promotion at that time).

CE/LE's have been a part of all the promos going back to the 5 for $100 deal I don't see it going away. Even the systems bundled w/the games were included(but I think a pm to a BB forums rep was needed for some on that).

I'd actually like to see BB increase the $20 on CE/LE's it's not really fair to a person who's paying more with less of a chance at a pm.

#587 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Sucks no MLB 13, probably the only game I plan to pick up for $60 at launch.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#588 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'd actually like to see BB increase the $20 on CE/LE's it's not really fair to a person who's paying more with less of a chance at a pm.

Not fair? :lol: I always thought we were lucky that BB even included them. When amazon would run their $20 promos they never included the CE and I thought that sucked.

#589 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I'm going to buy The Show too, but I hope not for straight up $60.

Crunchewy.png

#590 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Just an FYI to the OP, but that first post is nearly unreadable on mobile.

#591 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

As much as I'd like another $20, I pre-ordered the MGS:Rising Collector's Edition at GameStop...gotta have that Gray Fox skin...even if it becomes DLC later on, I want it NAOW.

Although...I could pre-order it at both, and then return the BB copy to GameStop after I make sure to redeem my skin...that's not so bad. Plus...it's GameStop...who can hate on shafting them, even if it's just for pre-order DLC?

#592 secondhand1

secondhand1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I suppose all of this could be solved with a trip to BB. But man, this laziness is overwhelming.

#593 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't know if it means anything but I went to best buy today to place a couple preorders and noticed South Park wasn't listed as part of this deal anymore in the kiosk.

It didn't have the star next to the boxart like the other qualifying games and when you bring up the page the "victory can be preordered" banner isn't there anymore

But it's still listed on the website so who knows.

#594 htz

htz

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Just an FYI to the OP, but that first post is nearly unreadable on mobile.

http://www.cheapassg...x.php?styleid=8
^Try this version of mobile CAG.

#595 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

Not fair? :lol: I always thought we were lucky that BB even included them. When amazon would run their $20 promos they never included the CE and I thought that sucked.

I never really paid attention to the AMZ promos didn't know that. But from a customers standpoint if u buy 6 of them that cost $150 each u put out $540 extra which would be enuf to pay off 9 games @ full price. That's one hell of a commitment towards purchases that most likely aren't worth it.
From BB's standpoint the advantage of being the only retailer providing a real incentive to purchase the big ticket editiom & not having to mark the extra copies down 50% to get rid of the space taking items is priceless. Right now I know of 15 GS loaded floor to ceiling with KZ3, Cabela's Gears epic, Duke Nukem, MP3(the $20 deal & $30 w/GTA pre-order moved alot), Batman AC, Tekken Hybrid, Ninja Gaiden & NBA13 that they just can't get rid off. Once they drop the prices they will move but to me it makes more sense to offer large credit on them at full price prior to fire selling them.

#596 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I see this is still a huge pain so here's where you can vote to get BB to make some changes in the way DLC is received.
http://forums.bestbu...ng/idi-p/650028

I also added getting more steelboxes, better DLC along the lines of characters & exclusive levels.

Getting coupons that can allow us to make our own GC o RZ pt promo for games not on the $20 list can be found here.
http://forums.bestbu...in/idi-p/650029

If u have suggestions of what perks should be added to the GCU Silver Tier you should post them here since it looks like BB could soon be implimenting this program
http://forums.bestbu...-p/642529#M1932

If you like the idea or ideas added by others vote for it by clicking the blue up arrow next to the title under the vote counter.

Edited by Enuf, 11 January 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#597 tk_tymes

tk_tymes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hmmm it seems not everyone enjoyed Crysis 2 as much as I did

#598 htz

htz

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hmmm it seems not everyone enjoyed Crysis 2 as much as I did

I enjoyed Crysis 2, just didn't like the lack of after release support Crytek provided the game.

#599 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Is it one per game title? Or can I do PS3/360 versions?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#600 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

One per title.