Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1051 Hellacious

Hellacious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Yeah, my Dead Space 3 Pre-Order was cancelled in store and not showing up on their tracking system. I could still refund my deposit and thankfully they had copies left over. But apparently they had issues with Fire Emblem and Dead Space 3 yesterday and today even in store. I didn't get any extra gift card or anything but whatever. I got the game that I pre-ordered without a problem luckily. I guess you could say that my Pre-Order wasn't cancelled per se, it was still active but according to their system they weren't supposed to have a copy set aside for me.

#1052 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Wow, glad I didn't preorder anything a few days ago. Is this fixed or should I hold off longer? I'm looking to preorder Gears and maybe Infinite.

uc.png

#1053 ICHIRO51MVP

ICHIRO51MVP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Is it too late to get the $20 credit for DeadSpace 3? I just noticed I had certificates that expire in a month.

#1054 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Yup, I got hit with the Dead Space 3 problem. The store pickup email came but I received a call from the Best Buy I'm picking up from that they ran out of Dead Space 3 or something. I had to switch BB stores so I wasn't able to pick up my copy today.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#1055 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Is it too late to get the $20 credit for DeadSpace 3? I just noticed I had certificates that expire in a month.

Yes

#1056 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

I wonder who is running their IT infrastructure.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1057 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

How can you tell if your pre-order is still active? I preordered some games in-store and it doesn't say anything under orders in my account. Do I need to look somewhere else?
Posted Image

#1058 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

There's something definitely wrong with their .com preorder system.

I went to my local store and the rep I had said she couldn't change my order to in-store pickup despite the terminal showing my DS3 was currently in transit from the warehouse since last week and not available for pickup yet.

In the end, I had to call BB customer support and had a post-purchase (gaming) rep change my order to in-store pickup. The supervisor on duty was a total moron when I was there today and insisted "nothing could be done until it gets here so you just have to wait." My response was "it doesn't make sense you can't fulfill my order and tell me I'd have to wait a few more days for an item you have out on the sales floor already. Please call Help Desk to fix this glitch." He refused. I'm tempted to complain to BB corporate and the BBY gaming forum but I like the people at my store so I'm just going to drop it.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#1059 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

How can you tell if your pre-order is still active? I preordered some games in-store and it doesn't say anything under orders in my account. Do I need to look somewhere else?

Look under "Points and Purchases" on your RewardZone account page. Look for the date you placed the pre-order and click on the individual order to show what was in the order. There should be something like "PREORDER BONUS ********". It won't show unless the order has posted to your account (about 3-5 days after the purchase).

#1060 ICHIRO51MVP

ICHIRO51MVP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

Is it really too late to get the $20 cert.? I'm still seeing the "$20 Gift Certificate" under "Offers" when I have Dead Space 3 in my cart. And it doesn't show up for any other game that's not on the qualifying games list (so like a random old game).

#1061 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Is it really too late to get the $20 cert.? I'm still seeing the "$20 Gift Certificate" under "Offers" when I have Dead Space 3 in my cart. And it doesn't show up for any other game that's not on the qualifying games list (so like a random old game).

You do realize this is a pre-order promo, right?
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#1062 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I was surprised by how few copies of Dead Space 3 I saw in store. I didn't see any PS3 copies on the floor and like 3 Xbox copies. Maybe they're holding some in the back, but that's weird for a decent game.

#1063 Hellacious

Hellacious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

I can almost guarantee you that its based off of the time period that the game came out. Think about it, the Fiscal Year ended for them this past Saturday. All orders for any games released this week would have to be paid for no later than last week. To help ensure that earnings come in for investors and the stock market closest to the pin of expectation, the easiest way would be to minimize cost and potential risk. If they over-ordered on the game then they'd have less money and no profit from it since the game didn't release until this week. Essentially the money was effectively tied up with no return on investment until the new Fiscal Year.

I believe the above is the correct reasoning but honestly it could also be the fact that the Pre-Order System was horribly screwed up long before they caught it. I know my local store didn't even get enough copies for Pre-Orders due to the glitch which also means that they had none to sell to the public even though it was advertised in their weekly ad. If the Pre-Order System wasn't showing the correct number of titles Pre-Ordered then the Suppliers for the stores are more than likely not going to order a large supply of the games either. Its the domino effect essentially.

#1064 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

I was surprised by how few copies of Dead Space 3 I saw in store. I didn't see any PS3 copies on the floor and like 3 Xbox copies. Maybe they're holding some in the back, but that's weird for a decent game.

My store had 10 Xbox copies at the end of today according to the CS rep.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#1065 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Very few at my store even pre-ordered the game. I went there at 5 pm and was the first one to pick up a pre-order.

#1066 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

So is it safe to preorder Bioshock Infinite from Best Buy now? I haven't done it yet but I will at some point provided their glitchy system is fixed.

http://www.joystiq.c...-orders-at-bes/

#1067 ICHIRO51MVP

ICHIRO51MVP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

You do realize this is a pre-order promo, right?

Yea that's why I was asking is it too late. I know it's too late technically because it's no longer a preorder, but then they really shouldn't be mentioning the $20 credit under offers even after adding it to the cart if it's too late to qualify. No reason to list it under offers if it doesn't even apply to the item, right? Thanks though. You saved me $60. I'll just use my certificates on Crysis 3.

#1068 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

So is it safe to preorder Bioshock Infinite from Best Buy now? I haven't done it yet but I will at some point provided their glitchy system is fixed.

http://www.joystiq.c...-orders-at-bes/

It's fixed. I reordered MGR for in store pick-up and it shows as a preorder now.

#1069 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Anyone else get a RZ GC email this morning? The email I received gave me a link to print out a $20 GC but when I check my RZ account nothing is there.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#1070 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Anyone else get a RZ GC email this morning? The email I received gave me a link to print out a $20 GC but when I check my RZ account nothing is there.

I got one too, but I have nothing on my account. Must be some kind of glitch.

#1071 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I got an e-mail about a $5 RZ cert I need to use by April 6. I plugged it in to BB.com and got the following message:

The following Reward Certificates have already been redeemed and cannot be reused:

#1072 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I get those. They send me reminders for certs I have already used.

#1073 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

I got an e-mail about a $5 RZ cert I need to use by April 6. I plugged it in to BB.com and got the following message:

The following Reward Certificates have already been redeemed and cannot be reused:

I just tried my code and received the same message.

I get those. They send me reminders for certs I have already used.

Ya I have not received one of those in a while. I was hoping that BB started too give out the $20GC for DS3 already.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#1074 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Speaking of BB/BB Reward Zone screw-ups, glitches, etc., I hope you guys noticed this when you logged on to your RZ accounts:

Your recent transactions may be delayed through 2/23. Learn more.

Why are my recent transactions not showing up yet?

• Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23.

#1075 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Scored the free guide (due to pm to TRU) with my DS3 pickup last night. Was there any BB DLC included with this game ?
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1076 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

so it will take 2 months for my DS3 cert to post?

#1077 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

so it will take 2 months for my DS3 cert to post?

I would guess the transaction posts on 2/24 and then 30 days from then. Hopefully on 2/24 they post retroactively but I doubt it. The facebook app is still depositing points into your account though.

#1078 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Well, that sucks if it does that. I was hoping to use the 20 from dead space on tomb raider.

#1079 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I can almost guarantee you that its based off of the time period that the game came out. Think about it, the Fiscal Year ended for them this past Saturday. All orders for any games released this week would have to be paid for no later than last week. To help ensure that earnings come in for investors and the stock market closest to the pin of expectation, the easiest way would be to minimize cost and potential risk. If they over-ordered on the game then they'd have less money and no profit from it since the game didn't release until this week. Essentially the money was effectively tied up with no return on investment until the new Fiscal Year.

I believe the above is the correct reasoning but honestly it could also be the fact that the Pre-Order System was horribly screwed up long before they caught it. I know my local store didn't even get enough copies for Pre-Orders due to the glitch which also means that they had none to sell to the public even though it was advertised in their weekly ad. If the Pre-Order System wasn't showing the correct number of titles Pre-Ordered then the Suppliers for the stores are more than likely not going to order a large supply of the games either. Its the domino effect essentially.

Inventory has no effect on earnings because it's not expensed until it is sold (or some other event justifying an impairment or write-off, which is hard to believe to occur when a game JUST came out). There may be a slight effect to the cash flow statement, but any astute investor would penalize a company for relinquishing potential profits from sales (i.e. stock-out costs) just to shift outflows to the next period. Investing in the fundamental operations of a business (buying inventory) isn't something that is looked down upon (so long as inventory costs don't rise, and that would occur independently of any year-end manipulation like this; and if anything, costs appear to drift upward over time, so a business is always better off buying more inventory now, all else being equal).

Then again, BBY's management is pretty dumb, so you may be right as to why BBY THINKS this would help, though it's ultimately detrimental, and the market will see right through this type of bullshit.

#1080 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Scored the free guide (due to pm to TRU) with my DS3 pickup last night. Was there any BB DLC included with this game ?

Nope, you just get guaranteed the Limited Edition which is available for almost everyone right now.