Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#121 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Bummer. I was really looking forward to it.

Hold tight. Seems unlikely that this would delay out beyond this spring. Respect my authoritay on this. :)

#122 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

I'm actually happy about the South Park delay, there are a ton of games on this list that I want to play and they are all in a six week window basically, so having some pushed back is perfect.
Posted Image

#123 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Would have rather had something besides GTA V or SP delayed, but can't say that my wallet is upset at the 2014 delay. As a fan of South Park though and someone who was hoping the game would be great, such a lengthy delay is not super encouraging, but hopefully the time is used to fix whatever problems they have encountered.

That said, I am guessing it won't be a part of this promo any more, huh?

Looking like GTA V is the only sure thing for me. Interested in God of War, Last of Us, Bioshock, and MGS but they all seem like things I would finish and immediately trade in during a 50% or 100% promo. Not really sure yet, but definitely GTA V from BB.

#124 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

You are correct. COD is in the old system, can only put $5 down in store. GTA is in the new system, you can put up to the full estimated amount of the game plus tax down on that.

And yes, they are separate transactions. And as always good, to make sure the store employee gets your RZ number on ALL transactions.

Are you hitting a Halo 4 midnight opening event tonight?

2 questions:

1. Any truth to the Halo Dog tags for midnight openings?

2. Will the new preorder system help ring up purchases in full before midnight releases? Best Buy still takes too long ringing everybody up at 12:01am. It's nicer at Gamestop that they ring you up before midnight and hand out everybody's games at 12:01 so that the line is completely gone by 12:05am.

#125 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

2 questions:

2. Will the new preorder system help ring up purchases in full before midnight releases? Best Buy still takes too long ringing everybody up at 12:01am. It's nicer at Gamestop that they ring you up before midnight and hand out everybody's games at 12:01 so that the line is completely gone by 12:05am.

1) my local store had a bag of them. I assume it will be like the AC3 coins in that some will have them some won't

2) this depends on your local store. My local store actually "pre-sells" the game to you and hands it to you, but no one is let out until after midnight. Each store can deal with it as they choose.

#126 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

1) my local store had a bag of them. I assume it will be like the AC3 coins in that some will have them some won't

2) this depends on your local store. My local store actually "pre-sells" the game to you and hands it to you, but no one is let out until after midnight. Each store can deal with it as they choose.

If it wasn't for AMEX, I wouldn't care for Halo 4 as much so if I'm picking up a copy I might as well max out on the swag thanks, Jimmie.

Did your store seem to have a ton of dog tags? I'd rather avoid the midnight rush if possible and get my swag tomorrow.

#127 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

So South park has been pushed to between April 2013 and March 2014. Good chance this game won't release this spring.

Jim Reilly ‏@jimreilly
South Park is now sometime between April 2013-March 2014 and Company of Heroes 2 and Metro: Last Light are both in March.

Incorrect. FISCAL 2014 was the announcement. It is (tentatively) set for May 2013.

#128 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

If it wasn't for AMEX, I wouldn't care for Halo 4 as much so if I'm picking up a copy I might as well max out on the swag thanks, Jimmie.

Did your store seem to have a ton of dog tags? I'd rather avoid the midnight rush if possible and get my swag tomorrow.

I would say 20-30 tags.

#129 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Very very happy they are continuing this! This + GCU + a silver premier account is one awesome combination!

#130 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

Incorrect. FISCAL 2014 was the announcement. It is (tentatively) set for May 2013.

I am not sure what was incorrect. Fiscal 2014 IS April 2013 to March 2014. It was "tentatively" set for March 2013 so May is just a placeholder also. Not sure why you felt the need to correct me with basically the same info.
Posted Image

#131 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

was able to grab dog tags, an inflatable spartan helmet, an energy sword pen, and a t-shirt at the Halo 4 launch :)

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#132 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

2 questions:

Looks like your dog tag question was already answered. As for ringing up before midnight, that is an option on just about every new release where a midnight opening event is held. Stores can prering just like at Gamestop. Not sure why your store didn't take advantage of that option.

#133 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Would have rather had something besides GTA V or SP delayed, but can't say that my wallet is upset at the 2014 delay. As a fan of South Park though and someone who was hoping the game would be great, such a lengthy delay is not super encouraging, but hopefully the time is used to fix whatever problems they have encountered.

That said, I am guessing it won't be a part of this promo any more, huh?

Looking like GTA V is the only sure thing for me. Interested in God of War, Last of Us, Bioshock, and MGS but they all seem like things I would finish and immediately trade in during a 50% or 100% promo. Not really sure yet, but definitely GTA V from BB.

South Park will remain in the promotion regardless of release date. It's going to be worth the wait. And it seems unliklely this will delay beyond this year.

You are on to something on the playing and trading in thing. You should be able to basically play for free or close to free with this deal and the trade-in bonuses and values on recent releases.

#134 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

My Halo 4 preorder receipt faded so much it was useless (which has happened to me before) and I couldn't find it in the online system despite being positive I had it preordered. So I went into the store and they couldn't find it either. After about 15min and my almost 2yr old and almost 3yr old started to get unruly, the manage (cool guy, he knows I come in all the time and he's a gamer himself) finally just cut me a $20gc instead of the RZC and took $5 off my purchase for what I had paid in the preorder. Very cool!

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#135 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

How did I not see this until now? Less games for me on this list but GTAV and GoW:J for sure!

#136 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Only GTA for me

#137 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Best Buy just keeps the RZ promo train going. Glad to see it as I've spent tons more this year than I have at Amazon and Gamestop. Bravo Best Buy.

#138 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Can this be shared? Say I pre-order a game and my bro pre-orders the same game with my account? He lives in a different city though.

#139 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Can this be shared? Say I pre-order a game and my bro pre-orders the same game with my account? He lives in a different city though.

no you'll only get one cert per game

#140 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Going to wait for another Newegg coupon code so I can readjust my order/s, cancel some, and hop on this coupon train. Savings aren't going to be that huge technically, counting the taxes ($60+ tax - $20 cert against $48 flat), but every penny counts :)

#141 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Is the bioshock infinite songbird edition still available for preorder at best buy?

#142 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Is the bioshock infinite songbird edition still available for preorder at best buy?

Why not just check? It is available though.

What games have/will have pre-order in-store bonuses for them? Should I pre-order now, or do I forfeit those items if they show up at a later date?

Also, if I pre-order the same game on separate consoles, do I get the bonus points for each purchase...Or only the first?

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#143 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Unless there are some awesome pre-order bonuses, I think I'm going to keep my $45 Newegg pre-orders on some of these titles. I've been diappointed on not being able to price match Boderlands 2, XCOM, or Dishonored so far from anywhere. I don't consider the $20 in RZ certificates $20 off either.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#144 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Why not just check? It is available though.

What games have/will have pre-order in-store bonuses for them? Should I pre-order now, or do I forfeit those items if they show up at a later date?

Also, if I pre-order the same game on separate consoles, do I get the bonus points for each purchase...Or only the first?

Only one certificate per title. So only on the first.

#145 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

Only one certificate per title. So only on the first.

Boo, thank you for the response.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#146 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Is Best Buy not going to carry the God of War CE? Or is it just not up on their website yet?
Posted Image

#147 Death by Kuvasz

Death by Kuvasz

Cheap Ass Buckeye

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

The games I want on this offer aren't very spread out like this fall so I don't know what I'll be getting. This fall was sweet because most games were a month apart so I could use a cert on the following game, and was usually done with the previous game at that point so I would trade it in with all the bonuses they were having. Essentially it was like getting a free game a month. This current offer I would actually have to buy some with real money (God no, not that) so I think some of these are going to just be rentals.

Was looking at Last of Us, Stick of Truth, Splinter Cell, Bioshock, and Riptide.
Posted Image

#148 samejgink

samejgink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Has anyone seen their Halo 4 RZ certs post yet? I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet (bought @ midnight release).

I'll give it a few more days until I start to inquire with their CS, but I was wondering if I was in the same boat as others or in the water.

#149 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

Has anyone seen their Halo 4 RZ certs post yet? I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet (bought @ midnight release).

I'll give it a few more days until I start to inquire with their CS, but I was wondering if I was in the same boat as others or in the water.

People calm down! It's been a week. It can take up to 30 days for them to pend.

People wonder why it takes days to get their preorder DLC. It's because of people continuously sending them messages about their points "problem" that eat up a majority of their time.

#150 dansoccerball

dansoccerball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Just wondering can you use reward zone credit or gift cards to purchase say Call of Duty black ops 2 and still get the $20 reward certificate? Thanks so much :)