Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1501 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Really? I'm looking at the product page right now and it says the following for both versions above the "Add to Cart" button: $39.99 You save: $20.00

:???:

http://www.gohasting...u/289835179.uts

Either way, I'm giving it a shot.

What is the coupon code for then?:-k

#1502 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Even if Best Buy did price matched gohastings, the $39.99 price doesn't show up unless you apply coupon code EVANGELIZER. You can PM Kmart though which has the game on sale.

But...you lose out on $5 :(

#1503 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

What is the coupon code for then?:-k

Nothing, apparently--I just entered it after adding DS3 to my cart and it says the coupon code was applied, but nothing changed.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Normal] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1504 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Nothing, apparently--I just entered it after adding DS3 to my cart and it says the coupon code was applied, but nothing changed.

I'm going to do the PM with Kmart since I have the print ad for it making it easier for me. Don't think any employees at my local BB even heard of gohastings before.

#1505 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

So has anyone points for the 1000 from Dead Space 3 post as pending yet?

#1506 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Can someone help me out on the FB poll. When I go to the app, it redirects to https://myrewardzone...or=provider#_=_

It doesn't load...

#1507 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

So has anyone points for the 1000 from Dead Space 3 post as pending yet?

The $64 I paid for the game has shown and is pending my but 1000 points remain to be unseen.

Has anyone tried to pm gohasting's DS3 price yet?

#1508 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

gohasting was a no go, but they said they don't PM Kmart either??? Is this new? I ordered this online for in store pickup.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1509 ens04

ens04

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I preordered God of War Ascension two weeks ago and I was not a BestBuy unlocked gamer member. If I go in the store and purchase the subscription (unlocked) would I be eligible for the $20 in reward certificates?
Or should I cancel my preorder, purchase unlocked subscription, and then preorder again?

#1510 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

I preordered God of War Ascension two weeks ago and I was not a BestBuy unlocked gamer member. If I go in the store and purchase the subscription (unlocked) would I be eligible for the $20 in reward certificates?
Or should I cancel my preorder, purchase unlocked subscription, and then preorder again?

the latter.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1511 ens04

ens04

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks confoosious, I will go cancel my preorder, I buy unlocked subscription.

One more question does anybody know if I preorder two different God of War Ascension games would I receive $40 in reward certificates?

#1512 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks confoosious, I will go cancel my preorder, I buy unlocked subscription.

One more question does anybody know if I preorder two different God of War Ascension games would I receive $40 in reward certificates?

1 cert per title per console.

xivpads.png

#1513 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

gohasting was a no go, but they said they don't PM Kmart either??? Is this new? I ordered this online for in store pickup.

You called? If that is the case i would call back and try again.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#1514 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

After close to 24 minutes on the phone (20 of which were me standing on hold), I get told BB doesnt price match gohastings, but the cs rep said she would send a $20 gc to my house or email within 10 to 14 business days. I was also given a case id. Anyone know what's that for?

#1515 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

All this pm bs has me thinking of just buying ds3 for $30 and returning the copy I got from BB...

#1516 skyzen

skyzen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

1 cert per title per console.

I don't see any reference to "per console" in the offer details. It is limited to one Reward Cert per title.

#1517 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

After close to 24 minutes on the phone (20 of which were me standing on hold), I get told BB doesnt price match gohastings, but the cs rep said she would send a $20 gc to my house or email within 10 to 14 business days. I was also given a case id. Anyone know what's that for?

You did a successful PM is what happened.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1518 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I don't see any reference to "per console" in the offer details. It is limited to one Reward Cert per title.

You are correct. The terms have changed since the last promo.

1 per title per member.

Also 7 days to pick up, changed from 5.

xivpads.png

#1519 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Just price matched kmart for ds3, 1st i tried gohastings but they said they dont price match them so i tried kmart & sure enough got back the credit

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#1520 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

For when a month goes by and they still haven't sent you the gift card. Sometimes the back office rejects issuing the gift card, so you may need that case number when you call back.

#1521 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

funny story - i just got off the phone with the BB CS rep and it took less than 5 minutes from the time i picked up my phone to the time my credit adjustment email came in. When I said I was going to PM a game she cut me off and asked, "what store?" I said "Kmart" and she promptly said she'll give me the $15 plus tax adjustment for Dead Space 3 once I give her my order #. I didn't even tell her what game I was trying to PM. She just knew right away what I was going to do once I brought Kmart up. She didn't bother calling them since she said she spoke with "a bunch of people that called in this morning already." Her name was Britney.

LOL thanks to all the CAGs that saved me an extra 15 minutes from being on hold. Kmart is notorious for understaffing employees at the electronics section to do any price check.

Too bad these PM days are numbered :cry:

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#1522 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

funny story - i just got off the phone with the BB CS rep and it took less than 5 minutes from the time i picked up my phone to the time my credit adjustment email came in. When I said I was going to PM a game she cut me off and asked, "what store?" I said "Kmart" and she promptly said she'll give me the $15 plus tax adjustment for Dead Space 3 once I give her my order #. I didn't even tell her what game I was trying to PM. She just knew right away what I was going to do once I brought Kmart up. She didn't bother calling them since she said she spoke with "a bunch of people that called in this morning already." Her name was Britney.

LOL thanks to all the CAGs that saved me an extra 15 minutes from being on hold. Kmart is notorious for understaffing employees at the electronics section to do any price check.

Too bad these PM days are numbered :cry:

I spoke to her 2! You could have PM'd gohastings!!!! She was really nice about it but i called 3 hours ago or so.

Edited by lwhitit, 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM.
spellin

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#1523 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I spoke too her 2! You could have PM'd gohastings!!!! She was really nice about it but i called 3 hours ago or so.

lol nice.

I don't have a GoHastings nearby me anyway. Kmart is though so I'm happy with the $45 PM already.

Now playing:

#1524 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

lol nice.

I don't have a GoHastings nearby me anyway. Kmart is though so I'm happy with the $45 PM already.

Gohastings is the name of the Hastings website, and since you can order from Gohastings no matter where you live, I think you still could have PMed the $39.99 price.

If you're happy, though, that's cool. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/26]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Normal] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1525 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

I was able to PM the 40.45 but I'm not sure my rep calculated the tax correctly.

Still happy though...didn't even bother to check. Just refunded me 19 some dollars which I can't complain.

The whole BB PM business has me depressed for my future buying ventures though.

#1526 OGHowie

OGHowie

Old Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Price matching for purchases made in store cannot be done by phone right?

#1527 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Called again and was able to PM this time around...wish I could PM gohastings.com...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1528 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Is anyone else unable to log in to the Reward Zone Facebook app?

#1529 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Gohastings is the name of the Hastings website, and since you can order from Gohastings no matter where you live, I think you still could have PMed the $39.99 price.

If you're happy, though, that's cool. :)

Yeah I'm very familiar with GoHastings. They're my favorite place for used game purchases actually.

You can't PM online sites technically speaking. It's only for gaming hardware. Not software. Plus iirc, it's supposed to be at the time of purchase. Not post purchase.

Now playing:

#1530 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Wow just got denied the kmart price match because it was a limited edition and she called , Kmart and said Kmart didn't have the limited edition , I didn't even argue with her I will simply call again .