Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1561 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does the "Limit one award per member per title" mean I won't get $40 in certificates if I buy a game for 360 & PS3?

#1562 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

Nope.

xivpads.png

#1563 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Nope.

Ok thanks. Just curious, which Best Buy let you PM Frys? I've tried the Henrietta store a couple times, but they say it's not a local store and deny me the match.

#1564 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

Well I swear I saw it in their policy earlier today... Can't seem to find it now, but anyway, I had luck PMing gohastings at the Victor store. The best time to do it when they are more flexible (since they just want to go home) is near closing time. Went in at 5:30 today and had no problems what so ever.

Quick note:

Also having the attitude of "we'll I can just buy it from them and return the copy from you" will also help.

xivpads.png

#1565 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Well I swear I saw it in their policy earlier today... Can't seem to find it now, but anyway, I had luck PMing gohastings at the Victor store. The best time to do it when they are more flexible (since they just want to go home) is near closing time. Went in at 5:30 today and had no problems what so ever.

Quick note:

Also having the attitude of "we'll I can just buy it from them and return the copy from you" will also help.

Haha that makes sense. I know I was the same after a long day when I worked retail. Sometimes I'd reuse coupons or even do price adjustments for expired coupons :lol:

#1566 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

it says "limit one award per member per title." does this mean you can only get a 20 dollar cert for 1 of these titles? or does that mean that if you pre order the same game twice you only get one cert?

Because the former sucks but the latter makes sense.

#1567 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

its 1 cert per title....

#1568 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

ok so so if i get crysis AND metal gear i get 40 dollars in points?

#1569 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

yes.

#1570 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

ok so so if i get crysis AND metal gear i get 40 dollars in points?

Yes.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1571 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

thank you guys. Why the hell throw the "member" in there that just makes things confusing.

#1572 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

thank you guys. Why the hell throw the "member" in there that just makes things confusing.

Cause you essentially can have as many memberships as you want. Thus making the deal a little sweeter for those that need multiple copies.

xivpads.png

#1573 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Best Buy made it official with its price-matching and return policy changes

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat290300050002

Best Buy currently has a Low Price Guarantee policy in place. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "Online only" or state "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites.

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match. Valid for purchases made between January 31, 2013 - March 2, 2013. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

#1574 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

For those of you who bought Metal Gear Rising Revengeance or Crysis 3 online from Best Buy, have you received notice of it shipping yet? I never received a "your order has shipped email" and when I checked my order status on Bestbuy.com, it says "order in process" for both games.

I just find it a bit weird because when I bought Dead Space 3, it shipped on the Friday before release day and I received it on release day (expedited shipping with Silver status).

EDIT: I received notice that both of my games shipped. Interestingly, not too long after I spoke with customer service about my order status. Coincidence?

Edited by Dund3r, 18 February 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#1575 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

For those of you who bought Metal Gear Rising Revengeance or Crysis 3 online from Best Buy, have you received notice of it shipping yet? I never received a "your order has shipped email" and when I checked my order status on Bestbuy.com, it says "order in process" for both games.

I just find it a bit weird because when I bought Dead Space 3, it shipped on the Friday before release day and I received it on release day (expedited shipping with Silver status).

Placed my order for MGRR PS3 on Friday and got the "It has shipped" e-mail within an hour. Estimated delivery is still this coming Friday, but it was the quickest I've ever gotten a verification email from BB.

#1576 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I just want to make sure I understand the new PM policy.

1. BBY will only PM other retailers at time of purchase?
2. BBY will only only PM their OWN ad/sale within 15 days but not yet clear with silver?

So if the above are both true wouldn't be better to pick up your preorders on Saturday after release which give you a few more days to PM and a chance for Fry's to have a sale since Fry's release their ads on Fridays?

#1577 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I just want to make sure I understand the new PM policy.

1. BBY will only PM other retailers at time of purchase?
2. BBY will only only PM their OWN ad/sale within 15 days but not yet clear with silver?

So if the above are both true wouldn't be better to pick up your preorders on Saturday after release which give you a few more days to PM and a chance for Fry's to have a sale since Fry's release their ads on Fridays?

I think you have seven days to pick up the purchase, so it would be make the most sense to pick them up on Sunday when all ads take effect.

That said, if I understand it correctly, it won't matter what Fry's price is because under the new policy BB is only going to price adjust for sales that BB advertises. As such, I think it's highly unlikely BB discounts any new game releases until at least 3 weeks after they launch so that (potentially) only Silver members PM.

#1578 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Best Buy made it official with its price-matching and return policy changes

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat290300050002

Best Buy currently has a Low Price Guarantee policy in place. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "Online only" or state "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites.

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match. Valid for purchases made between January 31, 2013 - March 2, 2013. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

Ughh, so is this effective immediately? I have my Kmart ad all ready to go and PM Dead Space 3. I'll probably try anyway..

#1579 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Ughh, so is this effective immediately? I have my Kmart ad all ready to go and PM Dead Space 3. I'll probably try anyway..

Probably. I went in to PM Kmart for Dead Space 3 today and it wouldn't ring up so they had to do an override. Usually I had issues pming Kmart. Still better to try now if they are just starting to implement the changes

#1580 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Welp, the only upcoming pre-orders I'm keeping now are The Last of Us, Bioshock, and God of War. Goodbye Crysis 3, MGS Rising, and Tomb Raider.

#1581 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

So if you pre order online you can't pm it at all unless best buy drops the price

#1582 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Wait so bestbuy won't price match during the return and exchange period? Wow, I think I am going to stop buying games on release day at Bestbuy even if they throw in a $20 dollar reward certificate.

#1583 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

So will we able to PM Metal Gear Rising since it comes out before the change in policy takes place?

#1584 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

So if you pre order online you can't pm it at all unless best buy drops the price

Yeah I think the pick up date will not be considered the same as the time of purchase date. Essentially the competitor PM has to be done at the time of purchase as the only retroactive credit that can be given from a PM has to be from a BBY price onto itself. Therefore, nullifies any competitor PM via .com preorders going forward.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#1585 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

So will we able to PM Metal Gear Rising since it comes out before the change in policy takes place?

The policy is in place now so no. Unless BB puts it on sale within 15 days of purchase. I agree we aren't gonna see any sales on new releases until at least 3 weeks after a game comes out. I'm pissed they have apparently given us silver members the shaft. I'm definitely peeved we aren't getting some sort of grace period. Anyways I'm only getting Bioshock Infinite from them now.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#1586 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

The policy is in place now so no. Unless BB puts it on sale within 15 days of purchase. I agree we aren't gonna see any sales on new releases until at least 3 weeks after a game comes out. I'm pissed they have apparently given us silver members the shaft. I'm definitely peeved we aren't getting some sort of grace period. Anyways I'm only getting Bioshock Infinite from them now.

I thought you silver had 60 days of "PM" under the new policy.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1587 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I thought you silver had 60 days of "PM" under the new policy.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought others had also comments on the fact that silver's been left out at the moment. I'm logging in to my BBRZ site to see if there any changes to the 60 days.

Edit: It clearly still states on the BBRZ site that Silver members get 60 days. So until they change that I'm still gonna be calling CS for price matches.

MORE Time. We want you to ensure you love every purchase. So contact the Helpline for help with setup. Or, get a recommendation on an exchange that better fits your needs. Best of all, you have plenty of time to decide with a 60-day return, exchange and price-match policy on Best Buy and BestBuy.com purchases. Enjoy 180 days to use your reward certificates.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#1588 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match. Valid for purchases made between January 31, 2013 - March 2, 2013.

I thought we had until March 3rd? The T&C above implies we can't price match competitors after purchase effective today.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#1589 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Well I hope in store policies don't change till March. (April for Silver still)

xivpads.png

#1590 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I thought we had until March 3rd? The T&C above implies we can't price match competitors after purchase effective today.

I agree I think the policy is in effect now. BB needs to make it more clear.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif