Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1591 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

I thought frys was suppose to be on the list but I dont see it. Also it only says gaming consoles and handhelds.

#1592 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I am pretty sure that is the old online competitor PM policy and not the new one. This is on there website, clearly stating the march 3rd date: http://pr.bby.com/be...rice-guarantee/

Plus on the price match guarantee page it is still the old policy.

#1593 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

I am pretty sure that is the old online competitor PM policy and not the new one. This is on there website, clearly stating the march 3rd date: http://pr.bby.com/be...rice-guarantee/

That's good to know thanks. Means tomorrow's releases are safe for now.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1594 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Agreed.

#1595 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

That's good to know thanks. Means tomorrow's releases are safe for now.

#1596 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Nothing has changed yet on the pm policy. That has been on the website for months now.
Posted Image

#1597 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Im hoping it works in my favor and they let me PM frys with no issues on tuesday lol

#1598 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Im hoping it works in my favor and they let me PM frys with no issues on tuesday lol

You will be able to as long as Fry's has something to PM.

#1599 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

You will be able to as long as Fry's has something to PM.

Well Fry's has Metal Gear Revengeance for $50, which is what I assume he is talking about. I'd like to get in on this, but there are no stores on the east coast and the only document I can show them which says that they will PM Frys also clearly says that it doesn't start till March. Ah well, I still have my printout from Sam's club for $54.88 or something.

#1600 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

For those of you who bought Metal Gear Rising Revengeance or Crysis 3 online from Best Buy, have you received notice of it shipping yet? I never received a "your order has shipped email" and when I checked my order status on Bestbuy.com, it says "order in process" for both games.

I just find it a bit weird because when I bought Dead Space 3, it shipped on the Friday before release day and I received it on release day (expedited shipping with Silver status).

EDIT: I received notice that both of my games shipped. Interestingly, not too long after I spoke with customer service about my order status. Coincidence?

I may have to speak with them. I am still stuck in order processing status.

xivpads.png

#1601 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yeah I think the pick up date will not be considered the same as the time of purchase date. Essentially the competitor PM has to be done at the time of purchase as the only retroactive credit that can be given from a PM has to be from a BBY price onto itself. Therefore, nullifies any competitor PM via .com preorders going forward.

But couldn't we technically call BB before placing the order? Or right after placing it I should say in order to get the PM? Otherwise, I just don't see why it would ever be viable to buy through BB.com instead of simply going in-store now.

#1602 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

k just talked to bestbuy chic and she said (at least for silver) that we are fine for 60 day pricematches with competitors as long as we buy before march 3rd. she said after that you can only pricematch competitors the day of purchase and only pricematch bestbuy's ads post purchase. idk

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1603 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

k just talked to bestbuy chic and she said (at least for silver) that we are fine for 60 day pricematches with competitors as long as we buy before march 3rd. she said after that you can only pricematch competitors the day of purchase and only pricematch bestbuy's ads post purchase. idk

Any word on Silver members having leniency with pricematching until April as stated in the Consumerist article?

"After a transition period for Reward Zone Premier Silver members through April 18, 2013, the 15 day period of the Price Match policy goes into effect (post-purchase – Best Buy only)."

http://consumerist.c...rice-guarantee/

#1604 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

But couldn't we technically call BB before placing the order? Or right after placing it I should say in order to get the PM? Otherwise, I just don't see why it would ever be viable to buy through BB.com instead of simply going in-store now.

You can PM the price by essentially placing a phone order which would be processed as a .com order. What I meant was if you were to do a preorder online, you shouldn't be able to price match the game at all since the PM has to occur at the time the preorder is placed.

I've been preordering all of my titles online for the last year now so as you said, it's more viable to just preorder in-store so that the rep can PM the Day 1 price for games that may qualify (i.e. Metal Gear Rising for $50 at Fry's tomorrow).

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1605 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

errr been trying to PM Kmart for my order of Dead Space 3, first time I called woman said they don't price match Kmart, ok... second time I called woman said they only price match at time of purchase. errr

#1606 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

well, my happiness is tempered by this news. I just got bumped to silver status again after not getting the extension in the last couple go arounds. I'm a bit perplexed whether or not to preorder MGS or not and PM Fry's tomorrow.

I also have only done preorders online so that I just have to call in vs. going to the store for the PM.

#1607 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Having a last minute debate with myself over Crysis 3. The way Dead Space 3 dropped, I'll probably be kicking myself if I miss out on an RZ cert AND a PM.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1608 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Having a last minute debate with myself over Crysis 3. The way Dead Space 3 dropped, I'll probably be kicking myself if I miss out on an RZ cert AND a PM.

Considering how practically 4 out of every 5 EA games drop within a month, might as well go for it :), especially if it's something you want to play. Even if it's something you're throwing in your backlog, you can always return it if there's no drop later

#1609 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Trying to PM kmart now on the phone. They think it has to be "unpurchased"

nihilence.png

#1610 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Considering how practically 4 out of every 5 EA games drop within a month, might as well go for it :), especially if it's something you want to play. Even if it's something you're throwing in your backlog, you can always return it if there's no drop later

Yeah, went ahead and pre-ordered it. If the reviews are bad and/or I change my mind I can just let it sit at the store for 8 days. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1611 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Got denied - "It doesn't have a low price guarantee"

nihilence.png

#1612 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

Got denied - "It doesn't have a low price guarantee"

Oh boy I'm afraid we may be getting more reports of this in the near future:bs:

#1613 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Oh boy I'm afraid we may be getting more reports of this in the near future:bs:

When did they change that policy? I never had a problem PMing before.

nihilence.png

#1614 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Just making sure: I can PM MGR tomorrow in-store w/ the Fry's ad, and still get the $20 cert 30 days after without any problems due to this 'new' policy, right?

#1615 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

The new policy isnt in affect yet so shouldnt have any issues.

#1616 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

The new policy isnt in affect yet so shouldnt have any issues.

Correct. Nevertheless, Kylerg did:cry:

#1617 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

Yes. Best Buy currently has a Low Price Guarantee policy in place. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.
Effective Date: January 31, 2013

Confused. When does the if go in effect? Are they changing without the dates.
Trying again.

Called back and she said she would send it over.
But it may be weird because I paid with $55 in RZ and $5 Paypal
Hoping for the best.

Edited by kylerg, 19 February 2013 - 02:43 AM.

nihilence.png

#1618 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Even though I am silver I decided I am not going to mess around with the price match. I may end up paying a little more but not having to drive back several times (it is not on my way anywhere) will most likely make up for it. I decided to take the money I had earmarked for Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 and The Last of US and moved it over to GS with the Micky 2/Darksiders 2 TIVs. I am going to wait for price drops at GS to then pick up the games. With Dead Space 3 dropping to $39.99 at GS I feel pretty good I should get those games not long after release. At $39.99 it will only cost me $23.66 for each game. Yeah maybe I could get them for $39.99 + $20 cert but I am fine doing it the other way now. I just need to decide if I should just return my DS3 to BBY and pick it up at GS now.

#1619 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I don't get the huge deal for Silver members - if the price difference is big enough and you still have the return window, couldn't you just buy the game again for the lower price, not open it and then return it (game purchased second) with the original (first purchase) receipt? Or is it just the hassle of it?
Posted Image

#1620 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

I don't get the huge deal for Silver members - if the price difference is big enough and you still have the return window, couldn't you just buy the game again for the lower price, not open it and then return it (game purchased second) with the original (first purchase) receipt? Or is it just the hassle of it?

Yeah that is how it would work but the games tied to the $20 Cert would be voided doing it that way when you returned it on the original receipt. But under any other circumstance that is a totally plausible way to get a price match after 15 days.