#31 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

So... what no one has asked ..."Who will play the daughter?"

Why would anyone ask that question?

The troll is strong in Danielle Fishel

Just want you guys to know that @BenSavage and I have talked and we've decided...Thanksgiving is going to be delicious this year!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yes. Even if it gets canceled after 1 season...at least they tried. Of all the sequels I never saw this coming, but it makes the most sense. C&T would be old enough now to have a child in their pre-teens and so long as C&T aren't *too* over-the-top, I think it would be great.

Add in a few guest appearances from Cory's parents, Eric, Shawn, and Mr. Feeny and I think they have a chance.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#33 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

It will be interesting to see how the kids of today will react to it. I liked it when I was growing up, but it's pretty obvious that they're not making it for me.
Posted Image

#34 rhymenoceros

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

I am hopeful for this follow up....but a part of me dreads it as well, since this generation of children are generally awful...

#35 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Interesting... Add me to the list of people that loved this show growing up. We shall see how this turns out, but after seeing this it's definitely been long enough for them to do some type of a reunion or something.

As for returning characters, let's not forget that Will Friedle has done a lot of work for Disney, so he may not be such a long shot in becoming one of the returnees.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#36 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

As for returning characters, let's not forget that Will Friedle has done a lot of work for Disney, so he may not be such a long shot in becoming one of the returnees.

Not to mention that he is/was the new batman in batman beyond.

#37 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Wow that's weird.

#38 Fadikun

Fadikun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'm sure they'll bring feeny back. He's in Grey's Anatomy now...

#39 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

"Topanga" is a stupid name.
Posted Image

#40 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

You should go to the town. I hear it's full of hippies.

Batsugunner.png

#41 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

It was a joke based on the running gag that no matter what, Mr. Feeney was always a teacher of sorts in Cory's life. He was his elementary school teacher, then he was his high school principal, but still taught occasionally. He retired and then attended Pennbrook where he eventually became a professor there as well. I'm fairly positive he never actually retired and he remained a professor for the rest of the show.

If you mean after the show, I'm assuming she just led a normal life. If you're referring to the episodes where she was practically non-existent, they switched actors and she eventually returned, only this time much more sarcastic and witty. She was in a bunch of different episodes, but never had much of a role. She was even in the final episode when everyone said their goodbyes.

Don't forget that they quasi broke the fourth wall when the new actress took over the role when she said "That was the longest time out I've ever had!". That scene always killed me lol

But I hope they make this. I used to wait all week for TGIF and Family Matters, Boy Meets World, and Step by Step (wish they would put that on dvd all ready). One of the few good childhood memories I have.

Reminds me too, I need to finish backing up my dvds of Boy Meets World. Only have ripped the first 3 seasons. Thank god Best Buy had the entire series for like 7 bucks a season last Black Friday!

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#42 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

"Topanga" is a stupid name.

I don't think the writers had her in mind to be part of the main cast...... I think they just had her be that weird girl...but I guess when she hit puberty, the writers decided to change her character...thank god...but yeah I wish they would have changed her name..............maybe make her Topanga name her middle and make up a real first name.

#43 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I'm very interested in this....loved the show growing up. Add me to the list wanting to see Eric come back as well, he was always my favorite.

#44 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image

She grew up real nice.

#45 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

She grew up real nice.

oh damn! :drool:
Aunt Morgan!

#46 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

Wow...so, Cory is going to be the new Mr. Feeny.

http://tv.yahoo.com/...mr--feeny-.html

I'm still blown away that we're even talking about this. It doesn't feel real.

#47 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Wow...so, Cory is going to be the new Mr. Feeny.

http://tv.yahoo.com/...mr--feeny-.html

I'm still blown away that we're even talking about this. It doesn't feel real.

oh snap...it's REAL!!
http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=96805

#48 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

Is it just me or are they making it so Cory and Topanga are rather... old? Assuming they had children immediately after the show ended, and they have a 14 year old son, that would make them at least 34 years old. I mean I guess the actual actors are 31-32, but I think the kids would've been better if they were 11-12, just like the kids when Boy Meets World started.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#49 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

Is it just me or are they making it so Cory and Topanga are rather... old? Assuming they had children immediately after the show ended, and they have a 14 year old son, that would make them at least 34 years old. I mean I guess the actual actors are 31-32, but I think the kids would've been better if they were 11-12, just like the kids when Boy Meets World started.

Dude, don't worry about it...they can always change it.

#50 AA_Punk

AA_Punk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

It almost writes itself.

The show is about the 13 year old daughter and her life, but also revolves around Cory (who is now a teacher following Feenys footsteps) and Topanga (being hot and doing what she does). Throw in Crazy Uncle Eric, Hot 24-year old Aunt Morgan (who can be a party animal that Corys daughter looks up to), Uncle Sean Hunter (still writing poetry and banging girls), Grandma and Grandpa Matthews and Feeny as a retired-but-still-mentoring-Cory character.

#51 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

This thread is a lie, I can't believe what I'm reading! O_O I way more excited about this than I should be...

On a side note, I can't stop yelling topanga in my head (someone save me)....
Spoiler

#52 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Dude, don't worry about it...they can always change it.

I'm not really worrying. After all, it's only a 2 year difference. Just an observation I made.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#53 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

It almost writes itself.

The show is about the 13 year old daughter and her life, but also revolves around Cory (who is now a teacher following Feenys footsteps) and Topanga (being hot and doing what she does). Throw in Crazy Uncle Eric, Hot 24-year old Aunt Morgan (who can be a party animal that Corys daughter looks up to), Uncle Sean Hunter (still writing poetry and banging girls), Grandma and Grandpa Matthews and Feeny as a retired-but-still-mentoring-Cory character.

Incredibly easy to write a whole series and as their daughter gets older, the series will naturally progress.

Seriously though, how did I miss this thread until now. I can't believe they are bringing the series back (in a way). I remember watching this all the time years ago and now it makes a return...in the modern age!? :rofl: I wonder if this one will be as wholesome and family friendly with little lessons built in like the original?

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#54 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

I'm a fan of the show but why couldn't they put it on ABC official? I worry, being on the Disney Channel, they will unnecessarily cut parts of its budget in that respect.
Also, even if its a success I can see it being canceled earlier given that very few Disney Channel shows have officially ended or gotten past a 2 or maybe it's 3 season.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#55 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

lol disney channel....you just know this will be shit.

disney, quit ruining my childhood memories! :(

#56 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

wait... isn't topanga pregnant with a boy at the end of the series?

That was just her getting fat as all hell.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#57 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Tsel superfan! :)

#58 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Tsel superfan! :)

Damn straight!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#59 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...d-sequel-series

A few quotes:

I'm very excited for Disney and Michael Jacobs," William Russ, who played Cory's dad Alan Matthews on Boy Meets World, told Huffington Post. "They are a great team and will produce an exceptional show, I have no doubt.

I'd love to talk [to Disney] about being a part of it," Lily Nicksay, who once played Cory's little sister Morgan, told TMZ.

When asked if he'd [Anthony Tyler Quinn] reprise his role on Girl Meets World, the actor replied, "Of course! Boy Meets World was and continues to be these beautiful brushstrokes in my life. It was a wonderful experience, and I think Michael's going to create something fresh. I'd love to be a part of it... Obviously, I think my character would have grown in the education field, maybe become an administrator.

This actually seems like it might work...just gotta wait for the pilot.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#60 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

This is definitely going to be interesting. It sounds like more and more of past cast members are interested. Hell, why not; I'm sure they're not doing anything. Also, last time I saw Rider Strong was either in a cannibal movie where he was held up in a warehouse with a crossbow (can't remember the name) or the beginning of Cabin Fever 2. So, let's hope he makes a comeback!

EDIT: The cannibal movie he was involved in was called "Tooth and Nail."