Photo
- - - - -

Long time LIVE members getting FREE commemorative XBOX?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#91 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

I have been a member for 10 years, in fact I have been on Xbox live since the alpha beta. Been a paying member ever since. What how much money have I gave them?!?!

hmmm...for 10 yrs @ $50 ~ $60 annually, my math says around $500 ~ $600. does that seem right?

timing is suspect since it happens to also be the nintendo wii-u console launch this weekend.

for the amount of subscription money live members paid, getting avatar items seems insignificant.

if microsoft actually converted your gamerscore into microsoft points on a 1-to-1 ratio so that you could use them to purchase DLC add-ons or full games, then that be something of a real reward. otherwise, it's sloppy seconds; so no thanks.

Edited by Mospeada_21, 17 November 2012 - 03:52 AM.

Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#92 Johnny The Machine

Johnny The Machine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

@Johnny

Log into xbox.com on the web and look for a support or contact us link at tge bottom of the page. You need to select Support Chat (Not Ambassador chat) and it takes 30-40 minutes to vonnect with them.

I would link you but I am on Tapatalk.

thnx bro! im on wait number 12 of 53

#93 gamingforrealnow

gamingforrealnow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

I lolz at how people don't mind paying $60 for a game and 60 a year to play that game online lolz

I lolz at people who think other people on CAG pay full SRP for XBL Gold, let alone games.

#94 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

I am genuinely curious as to how many non-stop 10-year members there are. Would love for MS to release those numbers, though i know they won't.

I really think it has to be 10K or less.

#95 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Looks like I have been around since 2005. That I think is about the time I got my 360 and sounds about right. I don't remember having it hooked up to my Xbox because I didn't have wireless and the cable would have had to run into another room.
Posted Image

#96 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

I am genuinely curious as to how many non-stop 10-year members there are. Would love for MS to release those numbers, though i know they won't.

I really think it has to be 10K or less.

I would say a couple hundred. There is no way MS is giving that many Xbox for free.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#97 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

I had Live before I signed up here. The years only count time you had gold minus trials and I had some dead time, so still at 8.

Those of us who got the Thomson drive launch Xbox, the Duke controller and the Xenon launch Xbox 360 should get a fucking medal. They don't need to send me a new 360 but the least they could do is replace my Xenon with an HDMI unit the next time I ship it out for repairs.

#98 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

You can also check how many years you have by looking at your profile. The number will be at the upper right.

I've got 7 years and they sent me the code twice. Both times was on the Xbox, not email.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Robocraft (PC)  - Next Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1)

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Robocraft (PC)

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP

#99 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

hmmm...for 10 yrs @ $50 ~ $60 annually, my math says around $500 ~ $600. does that seem right?

timing is suspect since it happens to also be the nintendo wii-u console launch this weekend.

for the amount of subscription money live members paid, getting avatar items seems insignificant.

if microsoft actually converted your gamerscore into microsoft points on a 1-to-1 ratio so that you could use them to purchase DLC add-ons or full games, then that be something of a real reward. otherwise, it's sloppy seconds; so no thanks.

That is a dumb idea. They would lose so much money. Don't fix what isn't broke. I feel bad for you that you pay full price for everything and you are on CAG

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   

This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), Robocraft (PC)  - Next Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1)

This Weekend on Twitch:  Garry's Mod (PC), Robocraft (PC)

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP

#100 MaXx

MaXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:53 AM

Been around since the original beta, always a gold account and received the helmet e-mail but no console. Someone posted they received a console but I haven't seen any pictures yet. Anyone up to posting any from their actual shipment?

#101 Parkerktm

Parkerktm

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

i have 5 years on my account and my bro has 4 he got the helmet and i didnt also got over 100,000gamerscore and my xbl gold dont end till 5/16/2015 lol they should sent me something lmao jk congrats to everyone that received something

I know it's bullshit. Granted I don't played XBL or buy gold with the intention of receiving anything in return but when it comes out and is said that anyone over five year gets something I fucking want it...If I meet the requirement which in this case I do.

Been a member for 5 years and 1 month. 106,000 Gamerscore and in 2010 I had my XBL Gold taken care of until March of 2013. Since I've joined I've only been silver for maybe 2 weeks. So annoying.

Congrats to people who received the helmet and other goodies, even if you were under the five year mark. ;)

#102 MaXx

MaXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

Just checked, been a member since 10/25/02.

No xbox, oh well.

#103 raarar

raarar

With sexy results.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

I got the helmet too and under my purchase history it says I bought a 12-month on 9/17/2003.

Damn, I thought I had it from the beginning. I want that xbox.

#104 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

That is a dumb idea. They would lose so much money. Don't fix what isn't broke. I feel bad for you that you pay full price for everything and you are on CAG

Sir, you suck at reading. I feel bad for us English speakers.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.

#105 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Due to loads complaints from 8-10 year members not getting their stuff, MS support is now forwarding people to their rewards support forums where all questions regarding this are conveniently not answered.

They are also warning people against selling or giving them away as apparently these are tied to the gamer tag and they will take the required action.

#106 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Been around since the original beta, always a gold account and received the helmet e-mail but no console. Someone posted they received a console but I haven't seen any pictures yet. Anyone up to posting any from their actual shipment?

There's an unboxing on IGN.

#107 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Due to loads complaints from 8-10 year members not getting their stuff, MS support is now forwarding people to their rewards support forums where all questions regarding this are conveniently not answered.

They are also warning people against selling or giving them away as apparently these are tied to the gamer tag and they will take the required action.

i highly doubt that they are gonna do anything about giving/selling the codes.

#108 AfroMcNinja

AfroMcNinja

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

I actually got an email telling me my stats on xbox live today..... there was no code no nothing. just stats. It is kinda odd to tell the truth

#109 Ninja Twin

Ninja Twin

✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

i highly doubt that they are gonna do anything about giving/selling the codes.

I doubt it too. This seems like a major fk up which is why they are not responding to posts on the forum. Some phone support guys are even hinting that they will ban people who resell their codes as they are linked to profile he the the system message.

#110 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

Haha I love these type of threads. Great to laugh at all the kids who think they are entitled to free things.

TheNutman69321.png

#111 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I got three helmet codes...weird
One in an email, 2 in my xbox

Formerly known as slickkill77

#112 dogmae

dogmae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I got 3 also, but they were all the same

#113 bx1018

bx1018

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Well someone got their console and is asking 10k for it. Nothing yet on my end.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item25781fd578

I hope he gets every penny though, but I can't imagine someone dropping that kind of money.

#114 City Hunter

City Hunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

did someone has a spare helmet?
PM me in case :D

#115 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Well someone got their console and is asking 10k for it. Nothing yet on my end.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item25781fd578

I hope he gets every penny though, but I can't imagine someone dropping that kind of money.

ha, funny stuff who in their right mind would spend that... get real, I can see maybe $600 at best but 10k?

#116 Pwny

Pwny

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

ha, funny stuff who in their right mind would spend that... get real, I can see maybe $600 at best but 10k?

Indeed. Writing he's ill, i doubt it, hes just tryna fool with people. 10K you can buy 100 xboxes ;/

fs_overall.png
Trading List In Spoiler. Interested? PM Me

Spoiler

#117 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Indeed. Writing he's ill, i doubt it, hes just tryna fool with people. 10K you can buy 100 xboxes ;/

Ha, now that I think about it he prob doesn't even have the box.. for 10k I want to see a picture.

#118 bx1018

bx1018

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

He's got some snapshots of the letter enclosed with it. If there are less than 200 of these in existence, I'd bet someone will give at least $2000 for one.

#119 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

He's got some snapshots of the letter enclosed with it. If there are less than 200 of these in existence, I'd bet someone will give at least $2000 for one.

He just added those... good thing it seemed kinda fishy without.

#120 OddFull Metal

OddFull Metal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

I had that happen also, they really wanted to make sure you saw you won something. lol
Here's what it looks like if anyone cares;
Posted Image

Only have a 5 year near my name, been around since 2003-ish.

Posted Image

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."
- I Survived Cancer