Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3061 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Just wrapping up Sound Shapes, I was actually a little bit disappointed with the campaign. But the Death Mode levels totally made up for it, they really brought the platforming challenge I was looking for. I thought Beat School was really dumb, there's no way I'd be ever to figure those out, I don't have an ear for music at all.

So overall, I'd recommend it for $7.34, but it wasn't quite as great as I though it would be. Has anyone spent time with community levels, are there some pretty good ones?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3062 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

I've been having fun exploring the community levels. If you go to http://soundshapesga.../community.html and sign in with your PSN ID you can browse through the top rated levels and add them to your queue for when you next boot up the game.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#3063 Markew001

Markew001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Just wrapping up Sound Shapes, I was actually a little bit disappointed with the campaign. But the Death Mode levels totally made up for it, they really brought the platforming challenge I was looking for. I thought Beat School was really dumb, there's no way I'd be ever to figure those out, I don't have an ear for music at all.

So overall, I'd recommend it for $7.34, but it wasn't quite as great as I though it would be. Has anyone spent time with community levels, are there some pretty good ones?

There are a ton of really great community levels. You should definitely check them out.

#3064 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Thanks guys, and thanks for the link. I'll definitely check that site out before I uninstall the game on my Vita.

Also, just synced my save to the PS3 version. Was kind of fun sitting there for 3 minutes and watching trophies pop up. :)

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3065 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Is Touch My Katamari worth $13?

Luckily there's a demo and the file size is pretty small for the demo so I'd suggest downloading that and deciding.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)

#3066 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

So I'm on my trail for PS+ I removed my CC from my account and removed auto-renew. So I assume once my trail ends it'll just end right? They won't pull some BS and find a way to charge me or something?

#3067 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

So I'm on my trail for PS+ I removed my CC from my account and removed auto-renew. So I assume once my trail ends it'll just end right? They won't pull some BS and find a way to charge me or something?

As long as auto-renewal is off, you're fine. If auto-renewal was somehow on, but you removed your CC, they would still take the money out of your PSN wallet if you had any in there.

#3068 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

As long as auto-renewal is off, you're fine. If auto-renewal was somehow on, but you removed your CC, they would still take the money out of your PSN wallet if you had any in there.

Ah, well my wallet is 0.00 right now so they'd probably just suspend the account IF it happened to be on.

#3069 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

There is also a auto-renew located under account management then services. Look for PS+ and turn that one off too.

#3070 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

That bad? I'm guessing not many people can vouch for it.

Luckily there's a demo and the file size is pretty small for the demo so I'd suggest downloading that and deciding.

Whoops. Didn't see this post. I did try the demo a few months ago, and I enjoyed it, but I dunno...

#3071 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

I picked it up a while back, and I wasn't disappointed. It doesn't really do anything new or amazing for the series, so it's basically just more Katamari. My only real complaint about the game is that the free dlc levels require some work to unlock.

#3072 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Completely understand where you're coming from. The campaign provides little to no challenge. I think it's just a matter of adjusting expectations, though. Once you understand the game's intent, it's brilliant. I sort of treated it like Flower - something to relax to. In fact, I still haven't beaten the campaign because I keep replaying levels as well as trying out the community stuff (one level took me 20 minutes to finish).

It probably wasn't the best decision to lock death mode & beat school behind finishing the campaign. I can imagine how that frustrates the hell out of people seeking a challenge or, god forbid, trophy enthusiasts wanting immediate gratification. A few people were saying it wasn't worth the money, and perhaps at the original price they're right. I'm glad it I bought it, though. Anyone doubtful should just know what to expect. Current price is completely fair. Also, have a decent pair of headphones (for vita) or speakers (for ps3). Seems pointless otherwise.

#3073 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

So what's the over/under for the Walking Dead to have a sale/price drop anytime soon? It's been on sale for every other imaginable platform except PSN. Would love to pick it up at a reduced price.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#3074 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I picked it up a while back, and I wasn't disappointed. It doesn't really do anything new or amazing for the series, so it's basically just more Katamari. My only real complaint about the game is that the free dlc levels require some work to unlock.

Agreed. I got this at launch since there wasn't much else, & I found it enjoyable, even if you had to grind for candy/unlocking the DLC stages (protip: from what I've seen, most are from previous games aside from the Pac-Man Championship Edition D.X. Stage & I think one or two others. Go for those if you've played previous games before). There's also the Eternal (no time limit, just stop when you feel like you've gotten everything) & the mode where you move a lot faster, but have less time (can't remember the name). For $13, I'd say it's a good deal. Helped me get back into the series (only played the PS2 original when it was out) & made me get the PS3 & Xbox 360 games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3075 midloo

midloo

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Completely understand where you're coming from. The campaign provides little to no challenge. I think it's just a matter of adjusting expectations, though. Once you understand the game's intent, it's brilliant. I sort of treated it like Flower - something to relax to. In fact, I still haven't beaten the campaign because I keep replaying levels as well as trying out the community stuff (one level took me 20 minutes to finish).

It probably wasn't the best decision to lock death mode & beat school behind finishing the campaign. I can imagine how that frustrates the hell out of people seeking a challenge or, god forbid, trophy enthusiasts wanting immediate gratification. A few people were saying it wasn't worth the money, and perhaps at the original price they're right. I'm glad it I bought it, though. Anyone doubtful should just know what to expect. Current price is completely fair. Also, have a decent pair of headphones (for vita) or speakers (for ps3). Seems pointless otherwise.

I would have to say that I am thrilled by Sound Shapes. I hesitated even at the sale price this week, but now that I've played it, I would say it's an incredible deal even at $15. (disclaimer: I once was a professional musician).

If you're looking for a challenging platformer, you may be disappointed by the campaign. Some of the community levels however are brilliant and BRUTAL. I was one of only 3 people to complete one particular board and it took me over an hour. There should be plenty in the community levels to keep platform fans interested.

What makes the campaign attractive for me is the integration of game design elements and music. For example, at one point in Beck's album, his lyrics coincide with what is appearing on screen. In the background he croons "Ahhhhhh!" and a platform labeled "Ahhhhhhh!" appears in the game, but it only lasts as long as his voice does. When the line ends, the platform disappears. There are many beautiful moments like that in the game.

Then there is the editor. You could easily lose weeks to it if you enjoy creating things with the tools.

I love it. My favorite game for the Vita by far - it just feels right at home on the device. (But getting a free copy of it for the PS3 with cross-saves is nice too)
Posted Image

#3076 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, Sound Shapes is not a hardcore platformer (at least in the campaign levels) but it's not intended to be. It's a musical gaming experience, as ridiculous and cheesy as that sounds. It's a relaxing audiovisual experience. I found myself smiling constantly while playing the campaign, and the robust editor means that community levels can be incredibly varied and expansive. I'd hurry and get it at the sale price, and have urged my friends to do so, but I think it's well worth the original asking price as well, I just couldn't afford the purchase until the week before it went on sale and then chose to wait for it.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#3077 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

I enjoyed Sound Shapes because it was relaxing and fun. I feel like we're getting into this gaming age where developers are thinking people only want hard games. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I also play games to have a good time and don't always want to be a second away from tearing my hair out. Sound Shapes was a nice change of pace.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#3078 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I enjoyed Sound Shapes because it was relaxing and fun. I feel like we're getting into this gaming age where developers are thinking people only want hard games. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I also play games to have a good time and don't always want to be a second away from tearing my hair out. Sound Shapes was a nice change of pace.

are you kidding?! every franchise I like got neutered this gen in favor of "appealing to a broader audience."

#3079 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Well said. I think the game does a really good job of being what it's supposed to be. Someone mentioned the level where the words of Beck's song create platforms, I thought that was really cool, and the game looked really great and unique.

My disappointment with the campaign stems from my personal preference to games, which I'm finally getting a firm grasp of. I'm learning that I really need a game to have solid gameplay and a decent challenge for me to really enjoy it. I think the campaign of Sound Shapes was built to be a fun and new experience for gamers, and it succeeded there. It just wasn't for me.

Death Mode, on the other hand, was awesome. I could go for another 2 dozen of those levels. I still think the game is easily worth $7.34 and I'm very glad I picked it up, plus I got to add 2 platinums to my trophy count.

#3080 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

PS+ update. Mega Man 9 & 10 are free, God of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta Access, Eufloria is 1/2 off the sale price, & a Recent Winners Pack for NCAA Football 13 that unlocks Tim Tebow, Mark Ingram, and Matt Leinart in Heisman Mode that's free.

There's also a few polls near the top that ask what content you liked last month, this week, & what genres you'd like to see.

Edited by Zonic505, 07 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3081 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think I have both MM9 and MM10 on Xbox, so I'll take them again for PSN, not too bad. I know there are a ton of guys in the XBL thread that are just dying for these games to go on sale, so I'm wondering if maybe a few people here will be excited with this announcement.

I personally couldn't care less about a beta.

#3082 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Speaking of games that are difficult just for the sake of being difficult...Mega Man 9 and 10!

But I loved these games when I played them on 360. Hard as heck at some points, but you can get through it with practice. I'll probably just play through on Easy mode for any trophies I can grab since I've already played both on Xbox. Not a bad offering though.

PS - These games would be perfect on the Vita or with Remote Play.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#3083 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

I think I have both MM9 and MM10 on Xbox, so I'll take them again for PSN, not too bad. I know there are a ton of guys in the XBL thread that are just dying for these games to go on sale, so I'm wondering if maybe a few people here will be excited with this announcement.

I personally couldn't care less about a beta.

Im one bro. Atleast I can save my msp for something else. Great timing by Sony.

#3084 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

OH yea, megaman!

#3085 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Speaking of games that are difficult just for the sake of being difficult...Mega Man 9 and 10!

But I loved these games when I played them on 360. Hard as heck at some points, but you can get through it with practice. I'll probably just play through on Easy mode for any trophies I can grab since I've already played both on Xbox. Not a bad offering though.

+1. Was thinking as I was reading the announcement: "Boy...those would be awesome fun on the go."

#3086 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Im one bro. Atleast I can save my msp for something else. Great timing by Sony.

Well good! At least they're giving us games someone's excited about. It may not be a new retail game but at least it's a decent game this time. I'll probably pass since I haven't enjoyed a MM game since the Gameboy got color. :)

#3087 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I remember getting the games back when they were released on WiiWare (since I didn't have a PS3 or 360 back then). Wouldn't mind getting them on PSN or XBLA (though I'll take PSN due to the PS3's better D-Pad), so these are nice freebies.

& holy crap, I forgot how hard some of the challenges/trophies were in MM10 (9 doesn't have any, in case people were wondering). Beat the game without using an energy, weapon, or mystery tank, beat the game without taking ANY DAMAGE...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3088 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Like Zonic said, no trophies in 9 unfortunately. But I definitely agree, remote play on the Vita would be awesome, or just port them on over! :)

I remember getting the games back when they were released on WiiWare (since I didn't have a PS3 or 360 back then). Wouldn't mind getting them on PSN or XBLA (though I'll take PSN due to the PS3's better D-Pad), so these are nice freebies.

& holy crap, I forgot how hard some of the challenges/trophies were in MM10 (9 doesn't have any, in case people were wondering). Beat the game without using an energy, weapon, or mystery tank, beat the game without taking ANY DAMAGE...

Yeah, the trophy/achievement requirements are strictly for masochists. I was able to complete 9 and 10 by beating all bosses using only the megabuster, I think that was the only challenge I was able to complete.

#3089 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Any damage? Unless it's not like any other MM I think that's just impossible.

EDIT: Looked it up. "Earned by 63 (5.74%) of 1,098 game owners."

#3090 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Colin Moriarty of Beyond! Is probably going to write a 3-page article on why this is the best PS+ update evar!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.