Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#3601 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I have some credit set aside to buy PS Plus. Unfortunately, I have played most of the games that come with the subscription except for ones I have no interest in (or no hardware for: Vita). I may still pull the trigger once I see what game is disappearing in the next update, but I will more than likely wait at least another week now.

For those with plus that have not played Darksiders, I think it is a great game.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#3602 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Darksiders??!? Why not Darksiders 2? Sucks!

Just kidding ;)

I have never played Darksiders, so this is will be awesome.

Crunchewy.png

#3603 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Darksiders??!? Why not Darksiders 2? Sucks!

Just kidding ;)

I have never played Darksiders, so this is will be awesome.

Unfortunately I'm annoyed by the choice of Darksiders. I own it. Have owned it for years, and it can be bought for $10 or less.

#3604 Mdesilva

Mdesilva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm betting on Dead Space/2 and/or Crysis/2 in January or February. Maybe Sly games too.

#3605 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Wow, Darksiders. I'm sure the blog folks will be so shocked that it's a decent, well reviewed, non-fighting, non-sports game shovelware that they won't even mention how EU got this over a year ago and that it's a pretty old game.

It's a needed step the right direction for +, let's hope it stays in that direction.

The mood on the blog is actually quite positive about this. Can only imagine how orgasmic it would get if they gave out Batman AC this time around, but they probably saving that for NA+ in 2014.

Most of the Blog commenters are happy about it because it's Darksiders and the other games they keep demanding are also games that are super old.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3606 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

PS+ question: if you download one of these games, then later delete it, can you still redownload and play for free if it is removed from PS+? Or do you have to keep the downloaded game around?

Crunchewy.png

#3607 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Darksiders is actually a pretty good game so it'll be a nice treat for people who haven't tried it out yet.

I already beat it ages ago though but this reminds me to get back into Darksiders 2.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3608 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

PS+ question: if you download one of these games, then later delete it, can you still redownload and play for free if it is removed from PS+? Or do you have to keep the downloaded game around?

As long as you 'purchase' it, meaning just adding to your cart and completing the checkout, you can download, delete, redownload, for as long as you're a PS+ subscriber.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3609 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Darksiders is another $5 retail game. I'm through expecting anything exciting from IGC retail games.

I'm with you. Don't really care what other people want to say about it. When I signed up I hoped to get more obscure games that people haven't played as much. Like King of Fighters kind of helped push me to try PS+. Because I wanted to try it but it just wasn't quite worth it.

There's so many games like that I could think of. Something like Record of Agarest War that just isn't really worth buying but a lot of people might like playing if given a reason to try it. Darksiders has been so well covered and so cheap I can't imagine anyone seriously interested having passed it up.

But who knows. At least I was very happy to get to try Retro City Rampage and Double Dragon Neon. Those made my investment well worth it.

#3610 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

The full PS+ update for the week:

PS Plus members rang in the New Year with NBA JAM: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10 for free. This week, we’re bringing you a mix of action and exploration with the original Darksiders. Read on to find out more about this week’s update and remember to use the polls on the right to let us know what you think of this week’s update! Also, if you haven’t already, make sure you check out NBA Jam: On Fire Edition and Mega Man 9 and 10, which are some of the more recent additions to the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access.

January 15th PlayStation Plus Update

Darksiders (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

Take control of War, one of the fabled Horseman of the Apocalypse, and rain down destruction with a combination of brutal attacks and supernatural abilities. Darksiders’ true appeal however isn’t just in its visceral action. With an emphasis on open world traversal and mind-bending dungeons to explore, Darksiders delivers a true adventure, supported by the amazing art styling of comic book art genius Joe Madureira.

Stardrone Extreme

50% off for PS Plus members (Original price: $3.99; PS Plus Price: $2.00)

Don’t miss out on this great deal for the PS Vita charmer Stardrone Extreme. Each level starts by aiming and shooting yourself out of a cannon into outer space. Your spaceship stays in motion from this point on, and it’s your job to attach to nearby gravity beacons to navigate its flight path. While tethered to a beacon, you’ll swing and attempt to circle the beacon until you release and slingshot yourself further. This core mechanic brings together elements of shoot ‘em up, pinball, collecting objects; all in one unique game.

One other note; some of you noticed that inFAMOUS 2 left PlayStation Plus as a free game last week. This was an error and it will be back in the Instant Game Collection on the 1/15 PlayStation Store Update.

Tell us what you think of this week’s update in the comments below and don’t forget to vote by using the links near the top of the post. You can also delve into the PlayStation Community Forums in the PS Plus space to continue chatting about PS Plus, find other great topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself. See you in the comments!

If you're looking to get Stardrone Extreme, be sure to grab the level skip DLC that's been free for a while from the PS Store.

Edit: Looking at it in the PS Store, it says that you get Stardrone on the PS3 with it, so that's two versions of that game for $2.

http://blog.us.plays...ay-free-on-psn/

Free 2014 Corvette Stingray DLC for GT5 tomorrow:

Arriving exclusively for Gran Turismo 5 this Tuesday, the 2014 Corvette Stingray DLC will be available for free through PlayStation Store.

Officially announced at the LA Auto Show last November, Polyphony Digital and Chevrolet worked very closely for months in developing an exclusive firsthand driving experience of the Corvette C7 in Gran Turismo 5. Since its introduction, nearly 500,000 people around the world have driven the camouflaged Corvette Test Prototype. And now, only just the day after the Corvette Stingray’s world debut at the North American International Auto Show, the DLC will be available exclusively through PS Store starting Tuesday.

During the creation of the virtual Corvette Stingray, careful attention was paid to the tiniest details of the new design inside and out, as well as to the enhanced performance and driving characteristics — right down to the shift schedule for the 7-speed manual transmission.

The Corvette Stingray will produce an estimated 450 horsepower and 450 ft. lbs. of torque, is capable of accelerating from 0-60 in less than four seconds and will achieve more than 1g in cornering grip. It will also be the most fuel-efficient Corvette ever, exceeding the EPA-estimated 26 MPG of the current model.

For more information and video content, check out www.one13thirteen.com. Enthusiasts can join the conversation about the next-generation Corvette and keep track of new announcements on Facebook and Twitter.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3611 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Excited to play through darksiders again. I had a blast with it on the Xbox.

#3612 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Well I already own a unopened copy of Darksiders for the 360. This is when I do not care much about PS+. Most multi-plat games I own for 360 so games like this do not interest me. I prefer smaller games or Sony exclusive to be honest. Well it is a good choice for those only on a PS3 so I hope people enjoy it.

#3613 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

i'm ecstatic about being able to finally play darksiders.

+1!!!!!!!

#3614 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Feel like Europe will get Darksiders 2 in a month

To be fair, the sequel came out in August, it's not UNREALISTIC to hope that we'd get a full retail game that didn't sell well...7 months after launch. Instead we get the original which is fine for many but it reinforces my belief that "you get what you ask for"

People wanted retail games, and you get old ones. Don't bitch about it

#3615 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Maybe i'm in the minority here but I preferred the PS+ days where we got PSN games and PS classic games.

However, I am glad some people get to experience Darksiders who never did before.

#3616 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Are there ever any good deals on PS+ membership? There seems to be a daily deal or two on Live Annuals, but never PSN.

#3617 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Jumping on the darksiders wagon. I missed it when Best Buy had for $5 a while back. I may consider Stardrone since it's crossbuy and apparently supports 3d, but if the demo is dumb, it's a no-go for me regardless of the cheap price.

I asked the dev on Facebook when the patch was coming and he just said:

Ah, okay. Figured as much. I'll gladly throw the $2 their way for the DLC when the issue is fixed.

#3618 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

The good thing about PS+ getting Darksiders is we won't have to hear people crying on here that EU got it. The game is really fun as I'm working on my disc playthrough in between other games.

Stardrone was a really fun game on the PS3. The vita controls felt awkward from the PS3 version.

#3619 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Maybe i'm in the minority here but I preferred the PS+ days where we got PSN games and PS classic games.

However, I am glad some people get to experience Darksiders who never did before.

For what it's worth about 24 out of 34 IGC games have been PSN or PS1 games in the US.

MildObstruction.png

#3620 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

So glad Darksiders made the IGC.

#3621 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

At least the BetaDemo thread, and the drama contained within, wasn't merged into this thread this week, though he likes to make a lot of assumptions about what I think of his threads.

#3622 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

At least the BetaDemo thread, and the drama contained within, wasn't merged into this thread this week, though he likes to make a lot of assumptions about what I think of his threads.

You mean you didn't PM him? YOU BASTARD!!!! ;-)
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#3623 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Haha.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3624 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I was writing up a reply to a post of his claiming that it takes me a few days to update the OP before the thread was so rudely deleted.

#3625 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm so sorry Frisky. I did not mean to offend and am totally aware that to assume makes an ass out of both u and me. I guess I'll quit posting anything related to PSN news on the site. That said--and from one Ohioan to another--would you at least consider starting a new PSN megathread on an annual basis or rebooting your thread as a wiki so that as soon as news of new PSN content breaks somebody can immediately come in and update the headline? Or even a weekly spin off thread which details that particular week's PSN offerings??

I also want to sincerely apologize to everyone else who took offense to my starting that thread. I'm not here to start fights. I'm here to find deals and discuss my favorite pastime with like minded folks.
Posted Image

#3626 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Got Darksiders for Christmas. Oh well. I'll just trade it somewhere to make a couple bucks. Love the game, played it on 360 when it first came out. Very fun.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

My man Pharm fucks all night. Call him Super Mario, cuz he be layin' the pipe

#3627 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I'm so sorry Frisky. I did not mean to offend and am totally aware that to assume makes an ass out of both u and me. I guess I'll quit posting anything related to PSN news on the site. That said--and from one Ohioan to another--would you at least consider starting a new PSN megathread on an annual basis or rebooting your thread as a wiki so that as soon as news of new PSN content breaks somebody can immediately come in and update the headline? Or even a weekly spin off thread which details that particular week's PSN offerings??

I also want to sincerely apologize to everyone else who took offense to my starting that thread. I'm not here to start fights. I'm here to find deals and discuss my favorite pastime with like minded folks.

I'm not offended or anything, but I've made my point clear when your last thread was merged into here as to why I think reposting stuff from this thread doesn't make much sense compared to reposting things from some of the other megathreads. So it's okay.

I don't have any plans to do a weekly thread, a wiki thread, or stuff like that. There's no need to turn the thread into a wiki when the deals are posted just once a week. Nothing really comes up the rest of the week that would warrant that. Relevant news on upcoming deals and PS+ content gets posted in the second post.

I'll make a fresh, new thread when I have some things to change or when Cheapy decides to do it for me in a way that confuses the hell out of me.

#3628 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Wait so Darksiders fo free :O ... mmmm I already beat the game and don't think I have enough time for a second play through, but dang is it tempting. I wished Just Cause 2 or Borderlands were offered again since I missed out on those.

#3629 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

For what it's worth about 24 out of 34 IGC games have been PSN or PS1 games in the US.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are the "IGC Games"?

Definitely not trying to bitch about PS+...I have found it to be an amazing value. Darksiders 1 was one of my favorite games of 2010. Really cool that more people get to experience it.

#3630 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Instant game collection