Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#4741 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

The other way I look at it is I just paid $2.50 for nights, plus warp and machinarium are $2.50 each. All of these games are at least 6 hours long.

Why would I pay more money for much less of game time?

Depends, did you buy Journey? I hear that was even shorter.

#4742 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

It was a blast to play through. As someone constantly fighting the backlog problem (with less and less free time) I can really enjoy a short game that I felt was a good experience. I don't need to grind out 200+ hours to feel like I got value out of my purchase. The 7 hours I put into Swan's 100% was a great time. (Except trying to find the balloons in the dark... that just got annoying)

It's entertainment, most will pay $12-$15 to watch a 2 hour movie. In terms of games it may be short but for entertainment it's a killer value.

Depends, did you buy Journey? I hear that was even shorter.

I do own Journey, paid $15 for the PS3 collection. Part of my backlog.

You guys are selling me on this since I also have a few bucks in my PS wallet. Is there any replay value after you beat it in one sitting in one night?

#4743 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Oh the PSN store on my ps3 that literally just took 27 seconds to load to the front page from the xmb?

I own nearly every vita game out there so it's bound to happen.

You spent 3 or 4 hours trying to buy ni no kuni and you complain about 27 seconds? :lol:

#4744 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

After watching a bunch of video reviews of LBP karting, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger. Freezes, so-so gameplay, poor online multiplayer integration, poor create mode tutorial, still lack of cross-DLC costume inclusion, and that it dropped 75% in 2 months makes me think its going to get dropped like Modnation racers. Or are ALL the reviews just overly critical?

I found a lot of the negative reviews (especially IGN's) seemed to focus their criticisms on the fact that LBPK was not very similar to ModNation Racers, which the reviewer must have really enjoyed.

Ironically, that is what sold me on LBPK. I really didn't enjoy ModNation at all, so hearing that LBPK was pretty different from it was a huge plus for me. In just playing the LBPK demo, the game felt a lot better to me than ModNation ever did. The sizable story mode sealed the deal on me buying LBPK last night.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4745 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I do own Journey, paid $15 for the PS3 collection. Part of my backlog.

You guys are selling me on this since I also have a few bucks in my PS wallet. Is there any replay value after you beat it in one sitting in one night?

Not really. But you can go back and get all the collectables and trophies.

I found a lot of the negative reviews (especially IGN's) seemed to focus their criticisms on the fact that LBPK was not very similar to ModNation Racers, which the reviewer must have really enjoyed.

Ironically, that is what sold me on LBPK. I really didn't enjoy ModNation at all, so hearing that LBPK was pretty different from it was a huge plus for me. In just playing the LBPK demo, the game felt a lot better to me than ModNation ever did. The sizable story mode sealed the deal on me buying LBPK last night.

Hmmm... I enjoyed the mod parts of Modnation but felt the racing was weak. Does LBPK suffer from crazy rubberbanding? Cause that's my biggest pet-peeve in Kart racers.

#4746 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I really want to want swan, but at two hours of gameplay total I just can't agree with paying a company for that.

Was playing it last night, and I think it is longer than 2 hours, since I'm only halfway done. That being said, even if it was, $3.75 is a better value per hour than a lot of entertainment options. Personally, I think it is worth the $3.75.

I'll probably spend more time with it because I need to find all the damn balloons.
Posted Image

#4747 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hmmm... I enjoyed the mod parts of Modnation but felt the racing was weak. Does LBPK suffer from crazy rubberbanding? Cause that's my biggest pet-peeve in Kart racers.

From what I've read, yes. I didn't have too much trouble in the few races I raced. But if you get hit with a weapon anywhere near the finish line, apparently you won't be winning. No matter how well you race, you'll still only be a couple seconds ahead of the pack.

But there is a casual difficulty if you're just absolutely stuck and fed up with a level.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4748 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Glad you're open minded about it. I agree with all the comments my fellow pro-Swaners have made, but would add one note: the game costs $3.75. It's like 1/3rd the cost of a beer at a sporting event or, as has been mentioned, 1/4th of a movie ticket (1/5th of a 3D one).

Frankly, I actually prefer short games now. When I hear something takes 3 hours to fully complete my ears perk up because I like to experience as many different games as possible and just don't have the time to commit to massive gaming experiences anymore. For me, longer games isn't the answer, unique and interesting experiences is. I'd rather have 2 excellent hours that I enjoy the whole way through that 10 merely very good hours.

#4749 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

That sucks. They must be having some serious trouble with it. If you find the source for where you heard this, could you post it? I couldn't find anything anywhere.

From EU blog

post #44

Do you know when Ratchet And Clank FFA Is coming to the Vita ? I heard the blog mention the 29th but looks like its delayed again ?

Ratchet and Clank FFA I believe will be Feb but a date has not been confirmed yet. There will be a blog post about it soon though.

http://blog.eu.plays...#comment-339487

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4750 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

I want Unfinished Swan, but I have $2.50 in my PSN wallet and so I guess it's going to make me add another $5 in order to buy the game. That kind of sucks. So not sure what to do.

#4751 GatorBeerGeek

GatorBeerGeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I want Unfinished Swan, but I have $2.50 in my PSN wallet and so I guess it's going to make me add another $5 in order to buy the game. That kind of sucks. So not sure what to do.

I thought I read that you can add exact amounts now through the webpage interface. Maybe that was part of the paypal discussion, I am not sure.

GatorBeerGeek.png

#4752 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

I thought you could do exact payment but with a 5 dollar minimum. Someone else could probably confirm this though.

#4753 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Soul Sacrifice coming to PS Vita April 30th. Preorder bonuses include 2 unique costumes, 3 in game magic items and, most interestingly, the Japanese voice-over work.

http://blog.us.plays...xtras-revealed/

#4754 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Paypal Funding Amounts
$5,$10,$25,$50,$150

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#4755 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

I really want to want swan, but at two hours of gameplay total I just can't agree with paying a company for that.

have you ever bought a movie ticket before?

#4756 exopuppy

exopuppy

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Frankly, I actually prefer short games now. When I hear something takes 3 hours to fully complete my ears perk up because I like to experience as many different games as possible and just don't have the time to commit to massive gaming experiences anymore. For me, longer games isn't the answer, unique and interesting experiences is. I'd rather have 2 excellent hours that I enjoy the whole way through that 10 merely very good hours.

This is absolutely where I'm at now, too. I hate it because I love the idea of these huge, involved RPG worlds where I can get lost. But I don't have the kind of free time I did when I was a kid. I can't get more than a few hours a day on a good day, and I can't play one game across 2 months and stay invested. Stuff like Journey, Unfinished Swan, and Papo y Yo are bite sized, one-night projects that are perfect for me. The artistic merit and interesting themes are another draw. And when I have an empty weekend sometimes I can spice it up with a 10-15hr shooter or action game.

But man, I do miss my oldschool RPG addictions.

#4757 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Soul Sacrifice coming to PS Vita April 30th. Preorder bonuses include 2 unique costumes, 3 in game magic items and, most interestingly, the Japanese voice-over work.

Fuck yes! This was one of the games I was looking forward to most this year. That's not long at all after it's release in Japan either. Luckily I already had this pre-ordered at Newegg for $30.

#4758 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Same here. Have $2.51 in funds. If I buy a $2.50, I wonder what Sony will do with my penny!

have you ever bought a movie ticket before?

Maybe years ago. Now I see every movie in a theater for free.

#4759 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Same here. Have $2.51 in funds. If I buy a $2.50, I wonder what Sony will do with my penny!

Maybe years ago. Now I see every movie in a theater for free.

so you pirate movies or you sneak in?

you said you can't justify giving a game money when they charge 15 bucks, you do realize that it's sony that gives a game it's price, not the developers of the game right?

#4760 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

They will hold onto that penny for your next order. And if you spend over $5 next time it won't leave you with change. They just have a minimum add of $5 (probably to avoid losing money on transaction fees.)

#4761 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Fuck yes! This was one of the games I was looking forward to most this year. That's not long at all after it's release in Japan either. Luckily I already had this pre-ordered at Newegg for $30.

I have it pre-ordered with Newegg also. I hope they get the pre-order bonuses. The game looks really good from what I've seen.

BumslieOG.png

#4762 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Day 1 buy. Looks epic and they seem to be pushing that the story is a selling point which is a big plus for me.

#4763 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

you said you can't justify giving a game money when they charge 15 bucks, you do realize that it's sony that gives a game it's price, not the developers of the game right?

He might work at a movie theater too. It's a long shot, but it's another possibility. :)

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Atelier Rorona Plus (Vita)

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#4764 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Neither regarding the theater. As far as the game pricing goes, I never knew that.

They will hold onto that penny for your next order. And if you spend over $5 next time it won't leave you with change. They just have a minimum add of $5 (probably to avoid losing money on transaction fees.)

Well they can have my penny forever then! Hah.

#4765 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Good.

Everything gets put on hold for me when this drops.

#4766 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Is that really true? I know Microsoft does it but I always thought devs set the prices on PSN. They're usually the same as XBL prices because otherwise they'd ostracize a segment of their customer base.

#4767 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

From EU blog

post #44

Do you know when Ratchet And Clank FFA Is coming to the Vita ? I heard the blog mention the 29th but looks like its delayed again ?

Ratchet and Clank FFA I believe will be Feb but a date has not been confirmed yet. There will be a blog post about it soon though.

http://blog.eu.plays...#comment-339487

Thanks as always rpg.

I thought you could do exact payment but with a 5 dollar minimum. Someone else could probably confirm this though.

This is exactly right. It's been like this forever, and neither the new store or addition of Paypal has changed this.

You can pay the exact amount you need as long as it's over $5. If the exact amount you need is less than $5, then you'll have to fund $5 and the leftovers stay in your wallet.

Is that really true? I know Microsoft does it but I always thought devs set the prices on PSN. They're usually the same as XBL prices because otherwise they'd ostracize a segment of their customer base.

I've heard it both ways, I don't think it's ever been confirmed one way or another. More than likely both the publisher/developer and Sony discuss price and come to an agreement before it hits the store.

#4768 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Wish bayonetta had ps+ sale for debut

#4769 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

I wish Jet Set Radio wasn't two different games. I was so close to pulling the trigger when I realized that the PS3 version and Vita version aren't the typical buy 1 get both type of promotion.

I'm really enjoying Gravity Rush. I played the demo and thought "what is everyone so hyped about, this game is kinda meh". That demo didn't do it justice imo.

I also really like Retro City Rampage...such a throwback to the old times and filled w/ so many references to 80s gaming and movies.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#4770 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I am 99% sure it's up to the publisher. I'm sure Sony gives their input, but unlike on Xbox, PSN developers have to foot the bill for bandwidth and hosting, even for demos - which is why all XBLA games have demos whereas PSN games don't - so I just can't imagine any publisher giving Sony carte blanche to do whatever they want.