Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5251 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'm really tempted by that Bentley's Hackpack, seeing as it's both only $3 & cross buy. It looks to be a whole bunch of levels based on the hacking mini-games from past Sly games & I assume the new one that's out. Anyone have opinions on it?

I thought it looked great from a trailer I watched online, but it's 2.5 GBs which is too much space on the vita for me, but I will try the demo. Looks really cool though.

#5252 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

I'm probably gonna pass on it for now. But I think the PS Blog said there would be a demo.

Bentley’s Hackpack demo

ps3 - 1862mb
https://store.sonyen...BENTLEYSH000001

vita - 748mb
https://store.sonyen...RIAL00000000000

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Fibbage  $0.58 (PS3)

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#5253 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

Frisky -

Not a big deal, but Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars also dropped to $2.99 permanently. They originally had it labeled as Battleball Arena on the Blog, but looks like they've updated that.

I was trying to figure out what the Fuck that was since I had never head of anything called Battleball Arena.

There are demos for both versions of Bentley's Hackpack.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5254 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

Ok, I know this is lame but I couldn't find many reviews on FFVI for PS1. I'm a casual FF gamer (played 4,7,10,and 13) but never played 6 which is considered one of the best.

Is the PS1 port worth the five bucks or would I better served finding another version to play? I have most devices but having it on the vita seemed like an ideal situation. Are load time alleviated with the digital copy? Are controls decent? Otherwise I bought 9 because it always looked fun and I'll get to it when I finally finish Persona 4.

#5255 TEC

TEC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

I missed out on the AC2 Deluxe weekly deal. :( boo.

#5256 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

I was trying to figure out what the Fuck that was since I had never head of anything called Battleball Arena.

Yeah, same here. Couldn't find anything on Google for it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5257 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

I thought it looked great from a trailer I watched online, but it's 2.5 GBs which is too much space on the vita for me, but I will try the demo. Looks really cool though.

It's only 748 MB on Vita. They just add up the file size of both versions into that count.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#5258 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Buying ff tactics for ps1 because I can't stop buying that damn game. Might as well pick up duodecim too.

#5259 Vendetta

Vendetta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

In for IV, VII-IX, and Duodecim + Prologus. I may still get FFT for PSX despite owning it on disc in addition to a digital copy of WotL, so I can have a portable copy to play without that annoying slowdown during spellcasting that WotL has. I may also nab V and VI too despite owning Anthology, will hold off on Origins and continue to wait patiently for the PSP remakes of I and II to go on PSN, and wish (like some others) that III was part of this sale!

EDIT: Bah I bought Origins too. :P

Edited by Vendetta, 06 February 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#5260 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Considering future soldier (which is a great single player campaign) was been $12.99 before on sale, id say no.

thank you much! :D

#5261 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

It is ridiculous that namco is charging $20 for psp games and calling it a sale. I would be interested in soul calibur for $10. The psp is virtually dead in NA so why not permanently drop the original price to $20 and have the sale for $10.

#5262 Dr. Para

Dr. Para

Mayor of Drunk Town

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

Well, I need FF VI and VII and Artorias of the Abyss, plus St. Elmo's Fire.... Haven't spent this much on the PSN store in a while, so yeah, my wallet will be cracked open and then sealed again until I see an Okami or MVC: Origins sale eventually (hopefully!)

Dr_Para.png

#5263 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

wow, uh, FFVI and my Vita are not getting along. It was stuttering at first, but enabling fast load fixed that.

Then I tried to get into the menu... :lol: 5 second load to get in, 8 seconds to get out, on the dot every time.

Not sure if I'll be able to deal with that.

#5264 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Finally bought Dark Souls dlc, great price !
Posted Image

#5265 chibilaharl

chibilaharl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

I'm here to HIGHLY reccomend Big Sky infinity! Loved it at full price. That being said i'll probably fill get dissidia 2
Currently looking to sell or trade: Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack, Borderlands GOTY, Mafia 2, and more all activate on steam. PM me with offer.

#5266 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

Wow, the ps store on ps3 is even worse now. There aren't any add to cart buttons for free content. I couldn't just add the free addons and ps+ content and checkout. You have click download and wait a while for an item to start downloading and cancel it.

Update: I'm even getting "It may take a minute to activate" messages lol

Edited by PublikDefender, 06 February 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#5267 foinecrewx

foinecrewx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Which Ace Combat DLCs are worth to get ? Any suggestions ? Thanks !

#5268 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

wow, uh, FFVI and my Vita are not getting along. It was stuttering at first, but enabling fast load fixed that.

Then I tried to get into the menu... :lol: 5 second load to get in, 8 seconds to get out, on the dot every time.

Not sure if I'll be able to deal with that.

This is what I was worried about, so I guess I can mark that FF off my list. But does anyone know if the VC version on the Wii is any better?

#5269 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Ok, I know this is lame but I couldn't find many reviews on FFVI for PS1. I'm a casual FF gamer (played 4,7,10,and 13) but never played 6 which is considered one of the best.

Is the PS1 port worth the five bucks or would I better served finding another version to play? I have most devices but having it on the vita seemed like an ideal situation. Are load time alleviated with the digital copy? Are controls decent? Otherwise I bought 9 because it always looked fun and I'll get to it when I finally finish Persona 4.

FFVI on PSN that's playable on PS3/PSV still has those load time before/after battles and when you try to go into your menu. It's not unplayable because of the 1-2 seconds delay but it certainly isn't ideal. Otherwise the FMVs are a nice little addition and the game has some very small extras like a compendium which is nice.

If you don't mind the extra load time compared to more or less instant transitions in most of the other versions of the game, I'd very much recommend the game at $4.99.

However, if you're going for the ideal experience of a retro game like FFVI, you can't beat playing it on a SNES in its original form.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#5270 stikmanrp

stikmanrp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Definitely! My favorites are VI, VII, and IX in that order.

Actually, swap the places of 7 and 9 and you're good to go :P
Good things don't end in "eum", then end in "mania"...and "teria" - Homer Simpson

#5271 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

So I just went to the free PS+ member section in the store and Quantum Conundrum is listed as a free game. Didn't see that in any update lists, so it was a pleasant surprise. Or did I just missing something the last couple weeks?

#5272 inbetweenphase

inbetweenphase

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

So I just went to the free PS+ member section in the store and Quantum Conundrum is listed as a free game. Didn't see that in any update lists, so it was a pleasant surprise. Or did I just missing something the last couple weeks?

It's been there for at least a month or two now.

#5273 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Are you new to plus? It's been there awhile now.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#5274 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

It's been free for months now.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#5275 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

I got a $5 charge from PSN last week. It's the same date as when I purchase some games with my wallet credit (I still have left over now). Do you guys know what email I can use to contact them? or should I just dispute with the credit card?

#5276 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Definitely picking up FFIV: Complete. Very excited about that! I have a $5 BB RZ cert so I'll probably pick up a $10 PSN card and pick up IX as well. Tempted to get VI but I already own the PSX version and the loading times in that version are horrible. I'm really only getting IX even though I already own it on disc because I will be able to play it on the go with my Vita. I already own VIII and VII is the lowpoint in the series for me so I will be skipping that one.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#5277 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

I got a $5 charge from PSN last week. It's the same date as when I purchase some games with my wallet credit (I still have left over now). Do you guys know what email I can use to contact them? or should I just dispute with the credit card?

I'm 99% sure that disputing with your credit card company gets your account banned.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5278 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

It's been free for months now.

Weird. I swore I haven't seen it there until tonight since I got PS+ a week and a half ago. As you were.

#5279 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Picked up a $20 PSN code using Amazon credit and bought FFVII through FFIX. Can't beat three stellar classics on the go for $15! I just wish I had a bigger memory card than the puny 4GB that came with the Vita.

#5280 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Looks like I'll finally be getting Ridge Racer 7. I'll be holding off till the final week though hoping that they will do another PSN promo where you get money back from buying stuff.