Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#5311 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

I never realized that Ace Combat had so much DLC. Kind of wish there was a Game of the Year Editon/Complete Edition of the game with all the DLC on disc unlocked.

#5312 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

It looks like they finally fixed the store so that you don't have to go through the entire checkout process for the free games.

I didn't mind that. Now I'm forced to download games. Is there any way to check out like before?

#5313 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

There's a bunch more Vita games on sale in the EU. Not sure if we'll get something to their caliber, but just hoping we'll get some kind of sale.

Is this Sony's version of a PS Vita ambassador program? :)

I am not sure how those prices and discounts compare to US Dollars, but i'd pick up a few if they go on sale. The only question I have is about the birthday. Didn't Vita come out in the US before EU? If so, if they were going to do it, wouldn't we have gotten this already instead of after the EU?

#5314 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Ok, I know this is lame but I couldn't find many reviews on FFVI for PS1. I'm a casual FF gamer (played 4,7,10,and 13) but never played 6 which is considered one of the best.

It was released on the PS1 as Final Fantasy Anthology and featured FF5 and 6, that is why you probably cannot find reviews.

Hmm, that Dark Souls DLC isn't going to get any cheaper, is it? I still haven't started Demon's Souls, but I'll go ahead and buy this DLC if it's unlikely to go for any less in the future.

Really doubt it is going to go any cheaper in the foreseeable future.

Guardian_owl.png

#5315 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Not going to get a PS4 launch and I have a huge backlog so i want the Vita drop announcement :)

Me neither for me consoles I don't buy them , I prefer to win them into contests.

I won 2 ps3s, not going to care trying to buy a ps4, I will be probably try to win one.

Also for Vita I will only buy it if I don't win it, and this only in September when Killzone mercenary gets released, that is the only game I want to play.
:error:
Spoiler

#5316 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

High five?

Slim to none.

welcome back you already did co-op on earthworm jim?
:error:
Spoiler

#5317 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Is this Sony's version of a PS Vita ambassador program? :)

I am not sure how those prices and discounts compare to US Dollars, but i'd pick up a few if they go on sale. The only question I have is about the birthday. Didn't Vita come out in the US before EU? If so, if they were going to do it, wouldn't we have gotten this already instead of after the EU?

vita came out 21st-22nd last year in the u.s. a week earlier for the first edition bundle. i'd love to see this sale as well, even though there's not much there i don't already have.

i'd be all over all of the ff games, if i didn't already own all of them. can't really go wrong on any of them at these prices.

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#5318 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Maybe Playstation's February 20th announcement will just be a simple Vita price drop, I'm thinking $199.99? Would you be more excited that there's a Vita price drop or more disappointed that there's no PS4 announcement yet?

Who says they can't announce both?

#5319 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Who says they can't announce both?

Maybe the vita is the PS4 and we have had it all along.

#5320 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

What are the chances that the sale on Dark Souls' DLC is a last ditch effort to get some digital sales before they announce the U.S. release of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition?

I really prefer GOTY or "Complete" disc edtions over any DLC sale (I'm not comparing but I have not even bought vanilla Skyrim yet because of this) but I think I've waited long enough for the U.S. "Prepare to Die Edition", so after doing a quick search I couldn't find any proof of this edition hitting america in the next few months, so I decided to finally buy the DLC. Also "Artorias of the Abbys" is the only DLC for Dark Souls so spending $7.50 isn't that regretful ;)
Posted Image

#5321 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I really prefer GOTY or "Complete" disc edtions over any DLC sale (I'm not comparing but I have not even bought vanilla Skyrim yet because of this) but I think I've waited long enough for the U.S. "Prepare to Die Edition", so after doing a quick search I couldn't find any proof of this edition hitting america in the next few months, so I decided to finally buy the DLC. Also "Artorias of the Abbys" is the only DLC for Dark Souls so spending $7.50 isn't that regretful ;)

The sale on the Dark Souls DLC is a steal since you can get the game new for $19.99. The DLC is fun and adds more deaths.

Dark Souls II is going to be epic.

BumslieOG.png

#5322 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Maybe the vita is the PS4 and we have had it all along.

:shock::hot::cry: This isn't nintendo...

#5323 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Maybe Playstation's February 20th announcement will just be a simple Vita price drop, I'm thinking $199.99? Would you be more excited that there's a Vita price drop or more disappointed that there's no PS4 announcement yet?

$200 with a memory card if they're smart, and a free 1-3 month voucher for Plus. Vita at MSRP right now is a terrible value, especially when the 3DS has so many digital pack-in bundles for no extra cost. I know Vita bundles have come out too but $250 is just not consumer friendly. Its almost laughable that Sony came out at the same price point that wasn't feasible for Nintendo, when Nintendo has a stronger brand, and doesn't require an extra purchase (ie memory cards) to actually use the system. The Vita should have had 512mb of solid state memory for saves so it could be played out of the box like the 360 did, no question.

And I say all this as someone who really loves the Vita and wants it to succeed. I just can't believe they made such a nice system and then fucked up so much of the delivery.

#5324 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

$200 with a memory card if they're smart, and a free 1-3 month voucher for Plus. Vita at MSRP right now is a terrible value, especially when the 3DS has so many digital pack-in bundles for no extra cost. I know Vita bundles have come out too but $250 is just not consumer friendly. Its almost laughable that Sony came out at the same price point that wasn't feasible for Nintendo, when Nintendo has a stronger brand, and doesn't require an extra purchase (ie memory cards) to actually use the system. The Vita should have had 512mb of solid state memory for saves so it could be played out of the box like the 360 did, no question.

And I say all this as someone who really loves the Vita and wants it to succeed. I just can't believe they made such a nice system and then fucked up so much of the delivery.

Totes

#5325 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

That's funny because when the Vita's price was first announced, everyone was going nuts and saying how it was so cheap for what we're getting and so on and so on. It wasn't until the 3DS price drop that all of a sudden, the Vita is way overpriced and blah blah blah.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#5326 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

There is no way a press conference/event have been scheduled to announce a price drop.

#5327 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Wondering if I should get Dissidia since I plan to transfer it to a PSP and play with Component cables and a dualshock...

Wait, wait, wait! You can play Dissidia with a dualshock? How? I'd love to do so, instead of using the crappy PSP analog nub.

#5328 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Just as a heads up too, the FFV has some emulation problems when ran on the PSP. Screen goes all glitchy like a old dusty NES cart.

Probably works just fine when played on the PS3, however.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#5329 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Wait, wait, wait! You can play Dissidia with a dualshock? How? I'd love to do so, instead of using the crappy PSP analog nub.

Psp go

#5330 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Psp go

Crap. I have a PSP 3000. If I knew I could play with a PS3 controller I would have traded it in for a PSP Go ages ago.

#5331 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

$50 at Gamestop if you can find it. Great little piece of tech.

#5332 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm hoping that the PS4 releases with backward compatibility for PS3 games and because of the extra RAM and upped hardware, all of them will be remote playable from the start.

Since the shadier side of the interwebs have already proven that remote play is nothing more than a toggle flag on game executables, I wouldn't find it hard to believe that if there was BC on the PS4 with PS3 games, all of our vitas will be instantly remote playing our 3's catalog.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#5333 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

That's funny because when the Vita's price was first announced, everyone was going nuts and saying how it was so cheap for what we're getting and so on and so on. It wasn't until the 3DS price drop that all of a sudden, the Vita is way overpriced and blah blah blah.

That was industry talk though... when it all came down the buyers said otherwise. As long as it's not selling it's overpriced. That's the truth... buyers set the value not the sellers. Why do you think the 3ds price drop happened? For the same reason a vita one will. It's not selling...

I'm hoping that the PS4 releases with backward compatibility for PS3 games and because of the extra RAM and upped hardware, all of them will be remote playable from the start.

Since the shadier side of the interwebs have already proven that remote play is nothing more than a toggle flag on game executables, I wouldn't find it hard to believe that if there was BC on the PS4 with PS3 games, all of our vitas will be instantly remote playing our 3's catalog.

They've already proven that because of the hardware switch (for the best) they'd have to include the original PS3 hardware along side the new PS4 hardware to have BC. It'll be a mess and not worth it... just hold on to your PS3. The bigger issue will be digital sales that won't be BC compatible and inaccessible from your old console after they switch the network over. If the PSP is any indication, that won't happen for a really long time if ever. So, we shouldn't have anything to worry about as long as you hold onto your PS3.

#5334 MyWorstNightmare

MyWorstNightmare

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yes. Price was applauded. But they failed to mention we needed mem cards and they would charge us through the nose for them. Kept that a bit of a secret.

#5335 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

They've already proven that because of the hardware switch (for the best) they'd have to include the original PS3 hardware along side the new PS4 hardware to have BC.

That was due to an intentional design just like with all these new consoles. If they are smart, they would have used all this lead time on creating the PS4 to also play PS3 discs with less overhead than the PS2>PS3 generation change over (digital purchases can just be played via software emulation). So it is entirely possible that this next waves of Sony/MS consoles will "play nicer" with previous generation games.

EDIT: If they were REALLY smart and they aren't able to cheaply make PS3 discs play on the PS4 they could offer a disc swap for digital code offer. Then all they need is software emulation which is much cheaper.

#5336 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

That was due to an intentional design just like with all these new consoles. If they are smart, they would have used all this lead time on creating the PS4 to also play PS3 discs with less overhead than the PS2>PS3 generation change over (digital purchases can just be played via software emulation). So it is entirely possible that this next waves of Sony/MS consoles will "play nicer" with previous generation games.

EDIT: If they were REALLY smart and they aren't able to cheaply make PS3 discs play on the PS4 they could offer a disc swap for digital code offer. Then all they need is software emulation which is much cheaper.

The disc problem (blu-ray) is the cheapest part of the whole mess. The real issue is forcing something that's not a cell-processor to behave like one. That's why digital vs disc doesn't change the emulation problem.

#5337 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

I know this now was just a pipe dream, but I really thought they were going to make all PSN games (true PSN games, not full PS3 games) available to play on both PSN and Vita with one price. I would have bought a Vita day one if they did that. Or if they could have made more of a push for cross buy with more games offering it. As it now mobile gaming is dead except for mobile phone games.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#5338 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

I didn't mind that. Now I'm forced to download games. Is there any way to check out like before?

The web store?

What are the chances that the sale on Dark Souls' DLC is a last ditch effort to get some digital sales before they announce the U.S. release of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't think of any examples of Namco doing a GOTY/Ultimate Edition of any of their games. So that seems like an unlikely thing to occur.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#5339 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Both ps4 and next box are going anti used so both will have big hard drives and you'll buy a game physically with a cdkey like on the PC or buy games digitally. Sony wants their next to be socially driven so their network experience is going to come with more hand holding and share options ala Xbox live. The controller should look like a DS3 with dreamcast/wiiu touchscreen built in. I'd also not put it past them to rip off the kinect in some way.

Aaaaaand not a single thing you said is a confirmed fact. All rumors and speculation.

#5340 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yes. Price was applauded. But they failed to mention we needed mem cards and they would charge us through the nose for them. Kept that a bit of a secret.

And flash memory is so cheap these days, there really is no excuse for there to be NO onboard memory for game saves. The MSRP price announcement was a bit of a bait-and-switch.

"Oh, you wanted to PLAY the Vita for $250? Nah, sorry."
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter