Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6031 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

I know some people in this thread were curious about Let's Fish! Hooked On and now IGN has a review up for it. The review isn't too favorable.

#6032 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

VC2 is a Sega game, which means it'll likely go on sale for $5 soon.

Usually that would be about right but they tend to price their JRPGs at a fair price: the DLC for the first game took forever to drop; the last time this installment saw a price reduction was when it was bundled with its DLC for $22 this time a year ago - it was then removed and I think remains removed; the Phantasy Star games seldom saw price reductions, were abruptly removed from PSN and still remain gone. Considering the lukewarm reception of the PSP and even lesser with Vita in addition to the fact that you need to transfer this title from a PS3, I would be more worried about this game being removed from PSN than any further price drops. $10 is still a great price for this game. In fact, other than this Final Fantasy sale occurring right now, I can't think of a single other JRPG hitting $5.

#6033 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Critter Crunch is NOT playable on the Vita right?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#6034 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Looks like Sonic Heroes might be coming to the US PSN as a PS2 Classic soon, as it's been re-rated by the ESRB for PS3.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6035 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

bump.

#6036 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Looks like Sonic Heroes might be coming to the US PSN as a PS2 Classic soon, as it's been re-rated by the ESRB for PS3.

Cool, I have it on Gamecube. Hope Shadow the Hedgehog gets added as well. I never played or own Shadow.

Looks like I should have waited a bit longer to renew my PS+ subscription. Nothing this week for me that would make use of the subscription.

Probably get Valkyria Chronicles 2, even though I have the UMD in my backlog. Just to support the cause to hopefully see VC 3 someday get translated and put on the PSN.

#6037 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

The OP doesn't seem to have a link to Closure. Here it is:

https://store.sonyen...S3CLOSUREFULLGM

At least I think that will work.
Posted Image

#6038 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

So this Captain Crunch game is pretty good from what everyone's saying? I'd have to buy a new psn card just to get it as I will not put my credit card info in the ps3.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#6039 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

No news as of yet, it would be cool if Vigil Games also put Darksiders 2 on US, regarding other news I love what they are doing on Europe letting us choose what we want I'm voting for Ni no Kuni and mass Effect, cool games and even cooler free even though they are examples and might not come who cares: Ni no Kuni in there guaranteed vote from me.

http://blog.eu.plays...nt-do-you-want/

We had that survey here in the US as well, a couple months ago.

Critter Crunch is NOT playable on the Vita right?

No. It's a PS3 game.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#6040 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

No. It's a PS3 game.

Well I may pass on it then... I was going to pick it up to play this weekend. I just don't have time for those types of games when I'm in front of my tv. Stupid backlog challenge!

#6041 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

They're cheap enough that I just went ahead and picked up origins (1+2), 4 complete for PSP, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Tactics: war of the lion, and Dissidida 012. I'll probably never play them all but I'll never have to worry about not being able to, shame 3 wasn't on sale too or I would have picked up the whole set (minus crisis core which still isn't on PSN).

Guardian_owl.png

#6042 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

For those that have gotten the bonus 3 PS+ months, does it show up at all in your transaction history (or anywhere else)? I redeemed a one year code and forgot to check my expiration date beforehand and I didn't see any messages about the additional 3 months.

Edit: Looks like (assuming I never redeemed any additional months) it worked fine based off of my first PS+ one year redemption.

#6043 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

hey guys thanks for your help. got 100% on GoME. Ended up winning a 45 min round with 35 kills as Agandaur. I had awesome support with Radagast, Eowyn, Galadiel and Helifon guys. terrible at names but something like that. They had 20+ assists each :) Hardest part is not getting canceled out of your shockwave move and then having to wait another 45 seconds. I ended up getting a few quad kills and super over powered on 1 lanes. Peace all

also anyone try the Skyrim Dragonborn dlc? is it as bad as fallout 3 or playable? thanks

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6044 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Well I may pass on it then... I was going to pick it up to play this weekend. I just don't have time for those types of games when I'm in front of my tv. Stupid backlog challenge!

This is my problem too, but less because I care about my backlog and more because I just don't always feel like turning on the ps3 for smaller games anymore. I want to bang out Critter Crunch, Unfinished Swan, and Closure, but since I can't play them on the Vita I just kind of ignore them for now.

#6045 LibertyGeis

LibertyGeis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

... the Phantasy Star games seldom saw price reductions, were abruptly removed from PSN and still remain gone.

What Phantasy Star games are you talking about? I don't remember ever seeing a single one of them on PSN. (Unless they were Europe- or Japan- exclusive, maybe?)

#6046 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

hey guys thanks for your help. got 100% on GoME. Ended up winning a 45 min round with 35 kills as Agandaur. I had awesome support with Radagast, Eowyn, Galadiel and Helifon guys. terrible at names but something like that. They had 20+ assists each :) Hardest part is not getting canceled out of your shockwave move and then having to wait another 45 seconds. I ended up getting a few quad kills and super over powered on 1 lanes. Peace all

also anyone try the Skyrim Dragonborn dlc? is it as bad as fallout 3 or playable? thanks

It's so easy with Lugbol. I got it against the AI as Agandaur in a normal one-lane BG match but after I unlocked Lugbol, I got it another two times. Lugbol is capable of taking people out early too. You just do the circle, square, then triangle combo and it takes out a ton of people at once.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6047 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

What Phantasy Star games are you talking about? I don't remember ever seeing a single one of them on PSN. (Unless they were Europe- or Japan- exclusive, maybe?)

The PSP titles, Phantasy Star Portable. Another PSP game that Sega removed from PSN is Afterburner: Black Falcon. That one might be back up, though, because they were talking about putting up a revised version a while back.

#6048 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Capcom Arcade Cabinet - Free
Crysis 3 - $59.99
Urban Trials Freestyle

Demos
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Add-ons
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Pinball Arcade
Skyrim - Hearthfire

PSP Games
Generation of Chaos 3
Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi

Vita Games
Urban Trials Freestyle

Vita Add-ons
Ragnarok Odyssey

Coming to the Vita PS Store:

PSP Games
Patapon 3

#6049 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

so Capcom Arcade Cabinet is our free game next week - must Google that

#6050 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

^No. Capcom Arcade Cabinet is a free hub in which you can buy and play a bunch of old Capcom Arcade games.

#6051 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

so Capcom Arcade Cabinet is our free game next week - must Google that

It's not a PS+ game, but a hub for Capcom's arcade releases like Zen Pinball 2. It's free because you don't get anything with it, though they're sort of offering Black Tiger for free as a demo.

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=5472

#6052 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

yea, it's not the ps+...

here are the details i just googled, to help others not have to google it:

Here's the full game roster, along with release dates and prices:
Game Pack 1 - Available February 19th (US) 20th (EU) £3.99 / €4.99 / $4.99 / 400MP

• Black Tiger
  • 1943: Battle of Midway
  • Avengers
(Note: Black Tiger is free for PSN users. XBLA users will also have free access to it, but will only receive a single credit. 1943: Battle of Midway and Avengers will initially only be available individually as XBLA titles until 5th March when they hit PSN.)
Game Pack 2 - Available 5th March (US) / 6th March (EU). £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99 / 800 MP

• Ghosts 'n Goblins
  • Gun.Smoke
  • Section Z
Game Pack 3 - Available 19th March (US) / 20th March (EU). £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99 / 800 MP

• Side Arms
  • The Speed Rumbler
  • Exed Exes (Savage Bees)
Game Pack 4 - Available 2nd April (US) / 3rd April (EU). £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99 / 800 MP

• Commando
  • Legendary Wings
  • Trojan
Game Pack 5 - Available 16th April (US) / 17th April (EU). $9.99/€9.99/£7.99/800MSP

• SonSon
  • Pirate Ship Higemaru
All-in-One Pack - Available 16th April (US) / 17th April (EU). £23.99 / €29.99 / $29.99 / 2000 MP

#6053 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

Got around to the Big Sky Infinity demo, didn't care for it much at all. Just way too much stuff happening on the screen for me. Out of my 5 or so deaths, I was only able to understand why I died one time. I checked out the 3D as well and wasn't really impressed.

#6054 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

More Pinball Arcade DLC? That would be three weeks in a row. I wonder if it'll be Star Trek TNG or table pack 8 (Attack From Mars & Genie).

decker%2001.jpg

#6055 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

More Pinball Arcade DLC? That would be three weeks in a row. I wonder if it'll be Star Trek TNG or table pack 8 (Attack From Mars & Genie).

Man, either one might be enough for me to betray Zen Pinball for Pinball Arcade. Star Trek, Attack from Mars and Jurassic Park are my three favorite pinball games...

#6056 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

XBLA users will also have free access to it, but will only receive a single credit.

Why does the Xbox team hate its customers?

#6057 J7.

J7.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Damn that Capcom Arcade stuff is upsetting. They used to put all that on a disc for $20-30 and then you'd be able to pick it up when it dropped in price.

Does any list exist of every free PS+ game? I have this list but it's not up to date and only goes back a few months.
PS+ Free Games List:
Vita
Spoiler

PS3
Spoiler

#6058 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Damn that Capcom Arcade stuff is upsetting. They used to put all that on a disc for $20-30 and then you'd be able to pick it up when it dropped in price.

Does any list exist of every free PS+ game? I have this list but it's not up to date and only goes back a few months.
PS+ Free Games List:
Vita

Spoiler

PS3
Spoiler

Frisky has one on the 7th post of the OP

And there is this too.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=335671

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6059 J7.

J7.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Frisky has one on the 7th post of the OP

And there is this too.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=335671

Oh thank you. Frisky's list is the best for figuring out what I need to download.

#6060 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

is it bad that I bought ff8 and ff9 for the psn and before I even owned a playstation 3, psp or ps vita? This sale inspired me to buy a psp though. lol