Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6061 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I kept trying Lugbol but just couldn't get above 15. I tried n tried n then yesterday they patched the game and all of Lugbol's skills were nerfed so I just tried with Aganduar and got it with some patience, camping and great teammates. I tried Lugbol a ton tho, he is the only character I paid 5000 coins to get cuz I read he was the best, but no luck. peace all

oh but also anyone think ratchet full frontal assault is worth $10? if its that game and deadlocked for 20 total, that might be a great deal already. i was gonna wait til a discount, but idk.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6062 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

More Pinball Arcade DLC? That would be three weeks in a row. I wonder if it'll be Star Trek TNG or table pack 8 (Attack From Mars & Genie).

It's Pro stuff for older tables.

#6063 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Oh how I wish Urban Trial Freestyle was crossbuy.

#6064 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Stardust Delta is ammmmaaazing! Played the demo at least 5 times. Hopefully that gets a discount or joins the IGC soon, but I don't know that I can hold out.

#6065 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Was hoping to get Catherine for free for Valentines so I could sell my copy

:(

#6066 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'm really surprised that it's not. I wished it was too, even though I'm not a huge Trials fan.

Stardust Delta is ammmmaaazing! Played the demo at least 5 times. Hopefully that gets a discount or joins the IGC soon, but I don't know that I can hold out.

Haven't played Delta yet, but Super Stardust HD is really awesome game. I can't wait for Delta to get a big discount or go free either!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6067 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Same here. If it is as good as Trials (or even relatively close), i'll love it on the Vita especially.

Also, I was hoping it might be one of those day one PS Plus titles. I guess there's still a chance but seems less likely since it is not cross-buy.

#6068 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I kept trying Lugbol but just couldn't get above 15. I tried n tried n then yesterday they patched the game and all of Lugbol's skills were nerfed so I just tried with Aganduar and got it with some patience, camping and great teammates. I tried Lugbol a ton tho, he is the only character I paid 5000 coins to get cuz I read he was the best, but no luck. peace all

oh but also anyone think ratchet full frontal assault is worth $10? if its that game and deadlocked for 20 total, that might be a great deal already. i was gonna wait til a discount, but idk.

I took Guardians for a spin this morning and discovered that, much like Awesomenauts, I lack all skill for this particular genre. Don't know what it is, but I can never figure out how to play effectively and end up being instamurdered by the time I even see the fray. Any hints to get going?

#6069 MrDarkstorm

MrDarkstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

I took Guardians for a spin this morning and discovered that, much like Awesomenauts, I lack all skill for this particular genre. Don't know what it is, but I can never figure out how to play effectively and end up being instamurdered by the time I even see the fray. Any hints to get going?

If it is anything like Awesomenaunts, I had to find a class I gelled with and got to know the map real well, practice with bots until you get better.

#6070 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

More Pinball Arcade DLC? That would be three weeks in a row. I wonder if it'll be Star Trek TNG or table pack 8 (Attack From Mars & Genie).

TNG pls :(

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#6071 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

GoMe tips - mostly just luck and whether your teammates/enemies know what they are doing, lol.
Just be extremely cautious with your health, because you really don't want to die, especially die alot, cuz then you don't get any xp for the timeout plus you have to travel all the way back. I always have a health potion or Heal command ready for when im under 50% health, or be ready to run away behind a tower. The quickest way to die is to run into the enemy mob, especially far from your tower, especially without teammates. Stay with a teammate always. if you are low on life hide in the bushes and hopefully behind a tower if you can. i died a ton when i thought i would get away in time and then they root you and beat you up and its too late. even with teleport skill characters (always save to run away, not towards enemy!) give yourself extra safety. it is always better to survive and lose a kill rather then die getting a kill. Everyone was saying Aganduar was difficult to understand and play, but i thought he was great, but hold r1 or go to stats and read everything about your character. Skills complement each other and every character has a buff or some interesting boost in the top right. The stats are important so check if your character is ability/basic, cuz characters like legolas tear it up with their basic attack while others basic attack is worthless cept for soldiers mostly.

There are lots of characters, iv only tried like 6 or so, i really need to try more, but they all play differently, maybe try hildifons guy cuz he puts traps down that block the enemy and is a general nuisance. also keep hitting r2 basic attack when you are not using abilities. also go check out the belts loadouts when you have a chance and grab some good relics/gems. You have to level up for those to kick in, but they can give you a huge advantage once leveled up. This was a big ramble, but add me on psn and we can play a few rounds later if ya want before i try to start up dead space 3 or start/finish the sleeping dogs dlc :)

oh and the obvious, upgrade your guardian, capture sanctuarys(control points that give buffs), upgrade towers/barracks when leveled up, take out soldiers with r2, only charge on enemy towers when your soldiers are in front of you and retreat when they expire, use your commands everytime they are available cuz the refresh is so long...

Edited by Velo214, 15 February 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6072 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

The full game pack for Capcom Arcade is kinda high considering the PS2/PSP collections have more games for less money. I still might get the complete pack though to have them on PS3, I really do enjoy a lot of the games offered. I'll wait though and hope this is only the first wave and more games will be added later and possibly discounts.

#6073 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Yea Europe getting Sleeping Dogs..... Jealous.

#6074 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

broke down and picked up ffix and ffvi... and vc2. my wallet hates me.

#6075 decadencia

decadencia

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

I've heard PSN store is giving original Crysis with pre-order of Crysis 3 can anyone confirm this I can't seem to find confirmation...

#6076 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

I know some people in this thread were curious about Let's Fish! Hooked On and now IGN has a review up for it. The review isn't too favorable.

Bummer. Any CAGs in this thread play it? I'll probably still snag it if it goes on sale one day.

Special thanks to whomever was behind the nearly 1 GB "update" for Playstation All Stars (Vita) I had to download yesterday.

My memory card is very appreciative.

Not.

This suit is NOT black!

Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#6077 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Has anybody gotten the Dragonborn DLC for skyrim? I wonder if its worth it or just too glitchy to even play

#6078 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

broke down and picked up ffix and ffvi... and vc2. my wallet hates me.

Heh... I've taken nearly the full two weeks trying to decide what I want to get from the Final Fantasy sale... and time is running out. I've got most of the PSOne games in physical discs, but I'm also tempted because of the ability to run them on Vita. BUT... I feel stupid buying games that are at the very LEAST going on the backlog for six months. Decisions...

#6079 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Heh... I've taken nearly the full two weeks trying to decide what I want to get from the Final Fantasy sale... and time is running out. I've got most of the PSOne games in physical discs, but I'm also tempted because of the ability to run them on Vita. BUT... I feel stupid buying games that are at the very LEAST going on the backlog for six months. Decisions...

I own all the FF psone games on sale on physical media but I decided to pick them up digitally on this and the last ff sale. I have found that the ability to play them on the vita makes the $5 asking price a no brainer.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#6080 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

i already own a lot of the games i wanted on a non-vita account... and i still rebought them just for my Vita. but i know myself well enough to know i'll never play ps1 games on my tv, so i guess it's worth it. i had to resist buying the rest of the ffs... went with vi and ix based on people's feedback here.

mostly i just want chronotrigger/cross to go on sale.

#6081 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Am I the only one that got $5 of credit added to my wallet as a special thanks from Sony? It was sent to me in a message with a download link. Never gotten one before. I wanna say it was for adding a year of psn to my account.

512847.png

#6082 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Holy shit, these Dokuro puzzles are getting hard and I'm just starting stage 9. It's generally one that takes me forever to figure out and then I bang out the next four or five or so, ah well, great game so far although the music really gets on my nerves.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6083 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Has anybody gotten the Dragonborn DLC for skyrim? I wonder if its worth it or just too glitchy to even play

I played over 200 hours of skyrim with very little problems, and they released a new patch for it a few days before dragonborn.

That said, I converted my save game to pc, and am playing it on our media pc now, because I can add many mods, and also get better framerates and graphics.

If you played through skyrim already though, I can't see why you wouldn't want dragonborn at its half off intro price.

#6084 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I see Rayman3 HD listed, but it looks like it is at its regular $4.99 pice, like Good and Evil HD.

Should I wait for a +reduction sale, or is this a new low price?

#6085 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

I see Rayman3 HD listed, but it looks like it is at its regular $4.99 pice, like Good and Evil HD.

Should I wait for a +reduction sale, or is this a new low price?

$4.99 is just a sale price on both for this week only. Goes back to $10 Tuesday.

#6086 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Holy shit, these Dokuro puzzles are getting hard and I'm just starting stage 9. It's generally one that takes me forever to figure out and then I bang out the next four or five or so, ah well, great game so far although the music really gets on my nerves.

Wait till you get to like 14. You get to fight all the bosses in a row and there is a trophy for beating them all without restarting / taking damage.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6087 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

It's interesting, the difficulty curve in that game is all over the place. Definitely just use the skip option and go back the the tough levels later. I hit two levels in World 4 that I just couldn't figure out, I thought I was screwed if I was only to World 4 and getting stuck already. Then I blew through Worlds 5, 6, and 7 with almost no problems.

Wait till you get to like 14. You get to fight all the bosses in a row and there is a trophy for beating them all without restarting / taking damage.

That was my hardest trophy, it probably took me 2 hours to get it. Like you mentioned to me earlier, all the bosses have simple-to-learn patterns, you just have to play smart from start to finish. It can get frustrating.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6088 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Just started playing wipeout. I don't know whyyyy I thought differently before, but this game is awesome. My initial ambivalence might have had something to do with the basic nature of the gameplay when you first begin, but a few races in and things really get interesting (different upgrades, pods, weapons, etc). I may even enjoy it more than the ps3 version. It's especially engrossing with a pair of good headphones! So, yeah, to anyone who wasn't impressed on the first boot up, give it some time, as it gets really good. I'll now definitely buy Sonic Transformed on vita, as it's proven to me it can be competent home for racers.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#6089 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

That's fine with me, the boss levels were easy. Learning how to beat them without getting hit may take a bit but it's easier to figure out then some of these puzzles.

It's interesting, the difficulty curve in that game is all over the place. Definitely just use the skip option and go back the the tough levels later. I hit two levels in World 4 that I just couldn't figure out, I thought I was screwed if I was only to World 4 and getting stuck already. Then I blew through Worlds 5, 6, and 7 with almost no problems.

Nah, I stick with the puzzle until I complete it. I'm also refusing to look up any hints or tips on the puzzles for this game.

Just started playing wipeout. I don't know whyyyy I thought differently before, but this game is awesome. My initial ambivalence might have had something to do with the basic nature of the gameplay when you first begin, but a few races in and things really get interesting (different upgrades, pods, weapons, etc). I may even enjoy it more than the ps3 version. It's especially engrossing with a pair of good headphones! So, yeah, to anyone who wasn't impressed on the first boot up, give it some time, as it gets really good. I'll now definitely buy Sonic Transformed on vita, as it's proven to me it can be competent home for racers.

It's actually one of my favorite racing series. I keep meaning to get back into it and get the long ass online campaign done with.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6090 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Nah, I stick with the puzzle until I complete it. I'm also refusing to look up any hints or tips on the puzzles for this game.

Oh wow you're more dedicated than me. I skipped about 6 levels total, went back and solved 2 or 3, and looked up solutions for the rest. Still, I was pretty happy about only having to look up 3 or 4 solutions total out of 147 levels.

Pretty unrelated, but has anybody played FIFA on Vita? Best Buy has FIFA 13 on sale for $20 this weekend, I know it's just a reskin of the launch version, but it's pretty much the cheapest I've seen either versions. Reviews seem to be pretty positive in regards to the actual gameplay, but I'm curious if anyone has played it and has any impressions?

EDIT: Just noticed there's a demo for the older version, sweet! I'll check that out and see how it is, but I gotta clear out 1.7GB data off of one of my memory cards first.