Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6241 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Was actually considering picking up Vanquish, now I'm glad I waited. Hopefully got some room on my HDD still, I've got loads of games I've yet to play so not much I can delete. Either way, free is free, hoping for Catherine next^.^

#6242 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

http://www.rockband....ending-in-april

Harmonix is done releasing Rock Band DLC with the April 2 update, which has been released every week for over 275 consecutive weeks. The big Rock Band sale will still continue, so there's still time to get more of those songs.

That's kind of sad, really...the end of an era. I always liked music games, even if I don't play them as often now.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#6243 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

If anyone wants a year of EU+ I have a code I'll sell for $50. They're surprisingly a pain in the ass to get.

You're right, I was surprised how hard it was to get one at a fair price. I have a few trial codes left, otherwise I would probably take you up on your offer.

So the new complaint is about getting the same games that EU is getting?

Haha yeah, that's a new one.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#6244 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

Anyone ever get credited back when PSN had the FREE game screw up? I called and talked to someone, but I have yet to see a credit. Ridiculous honestly.

#6245 io

io

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I swear we already had Vanquish free on PS+ (in the U.S.). Is that not the case? In any case, I bought it when Kmart had a release day deal for it and beat it then, so I guess I'll queue it up (if I don't already have it) and then not download it. Fun game though - would definitely recommend grabbing it for those who haven't played it.

I finally decided to play one of the PS+ Vita freebies and am really liking Uncharted Golden Abyss. It is a long game too - was surprised when I saw how many chapters I still have to complete! But the funny thing is that the reason I decided to play it is that it is taking up half my 8GB card and I want to clear that off to download other stuff - so I figured I better play it first ;). I guess Sony's proprietary memory card solution for the Vita had an unintended side effect: helping me with my backlog!

#6246 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

I swear we already had Vanquish free on PS+ (in the U.S.). Is that not the case? In any case, I bought it when Kmart had a release day deal for it and beat it then, so I guess I'll queue it up (if I don't already have it) and then not download it. Fun game though - would definitely recommend grabbing it for those who haven't played it.

Nope just the EU. I got it when it was $5 BestBuy DotD. Fun arcade type shooter.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6247 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

never had vanquish free on us ps+ yet. iv already got it tho, doh.
lol at Europe has better than us, now upset we get what Europe gets.
Hoping we dont get sleeping dogs cuz i just beat it, but oh wellz.
n yeah good luck everyone on vanquish challenge mode ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6248 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

yea, the challenges are very difficult -- and they will actually require you to 'learn' how to play the game (whereas you can duck and cover through the campaign). some of the challenges are extremely difficult. i do not have the plat, but do want to try for it again.

Actually, since time is not a factor for the challenges (that I recall), you can duck and cover through them too. You just can't turtle forever because you get overrun very quickly with nowhere to hide. Those stupid drillbots (Romanovs, was it?) in challenge 6 come to mind.

#6249 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Actually, since time is not a factor for the challenges (that I recall), you can duck and cover through them too. You just can't turtle forever because you get overrun very quickly with nowhere to hide. Those stupid drillbots (Romanovs, was it?) in challenge 6 come to mind.

I thought basically all the challenges were easy except 6. Still haven't finished that one, might as well try now that it is free for US.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6250 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Nope just the EU. I got it when it was $5 BestBuy DotD. Fun arcade type shooter.

mine ended up being cancelled for some reason. I still wish I had a disc copy for 5 bucks.

TheFurryPanda.png

#6251 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

I thought basically all the challenges were easy except 6. Still haven't finished that one, might as well try now that it is free for US.

I remember struggling with 4 for a while too, but the rest were fairly simple.

#6252 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

...Harmonix is done releasing Rock Band DLC with the April 2 update, which has been released every week for over 275 consecutive weeks...

This is too bad for those that are still into Rock Band but the perpetual 50% pricing should help cushion the blow. Regardless of if you like the game or even the genre you got to admit that it's pretty amazing how long Harmonix kept up with new DLC. Releasing new playable content every single week for over five years is an incredible amount of support.

Also, happy with Vanquish coming to the IGC. I haven't played it yet so this is an excellent opportunity to do so.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#6253 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Isn't Vanquish best on 360? It'd be nice to know before I consider selling my 360 version. Also, just bought Mega Man last year, but at least it was only $5.

according to eurogamer it is better on ps3

#6254 Batcave Dweller

Batcave Dweller

Gone Batty!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Took me a good while to figure out what I really want from the Final Fantasy sale.

Tried out the Dissidia 012 Prologus to see what it's like and just couldn't get into that unique type of fighting system at all. So no Dissidia 012 for me.

Already played V & VI on GBA and VII-IX on PS1 and don't foresee replaying those lengthy RPGs due to having way too many new RPGs already in my backlog. Good prices, tho.

Already got War of the Lions (PSP remake) for free so no need for Tactics.

As for Origins, I'm not too keen on playing archaic I & II but if Sony puts Anniversary Editions (PSP remakes) on PSN, I would consider trying them out.

So that leaves me just IV Complete Collection. I already played IV on GBA but do want to try out the enhanced version...so that's my only purchase (well, in addition to Prologus).

How's that for self-control? ;)

Did end up extending PS+ w/ that 15-month offer.

Blah, blah...thanks for listening.
-- Frosty

Playing: :wiiu: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, :wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom, :3ds: Project X Zone,
:ds: Solatorobo, :psp: Persona 3 Portable, :ps3: (JP) BlazBlue: Chronophantasma & (US) Aquapazza

#6255 geogerf

geogerf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I was under the impression that everyone thought VIII was not too good? Personally, the whole "magic spells work kinda like items you have to stock up on" thing (or something like that) seems like it would really bug me.

Like others mentioned, VIII is worthy of purchase. Especially for $5.

But having said that it wasn't the best FF and I didn't really enjoy it too much as it seemed to take itself "too seriously" with the love theme and "human" graphics.

But it's still good. Way better than a lot of other JRPGs, but it was kind of that let down as all FFs up til that point were uber-awesome.

#6256 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

That's the only thing that makes that platinum hard.

After playing quite a bit of Escape Plan, I've confirmed what I always thought: having to use the rear touchpad on the Vita sucks.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6257 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

As for Origins, I'm not too keen on playing archaic I & II but if Sony puts Anniversary Editions (PSP remakes) on PSN, I would consider trying them out.

Good decision. The PSP versions are much better than the Origins versions. Also, if you have a PSP instead of a Vita, the UMD of FF II has been being sold for about $5 in recent months on Amazon and Walmart.com. Looks like it's back up to $10 on Amazon now, but the deal has come and gone a few times, so I wouldn't be surprised if it came back.

I was under the impression that everyone thought VIII was not too good? Personally, the whole "magic spells work kinda like items you have to stock up on" thing (or something like that) seems like it would really bug me.

It has some of the best gameplay mechanics of the series, in my opinion. It is unique, so if you want a very traditional/typical battle system, mostly any other title in the series is what you're seeking. If you've already played plenty of RPG's and want a new twist on the formula, FF VIII is a breath of fresh air.

Nice to see the Vita getting a price drop. Coupled with all of the free PS+ games, it's looking more promising every month. If the memory cards weren't so damn expensive ($87 on Amazon for a 32 GB.. over four times the price of an SD card of the same capacity, wtf..), I'd be strongly considering one at this point. But after the memory card and the price drop, that's still close to $300 for a handheld.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#6258 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

I remember struggling with 4 for a while too, but the rest were fairly simple.

4 wasn't too bad, but the end was a nightmare... Way too easy to die instantly.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6259 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

That would be a Square Enix decision and they've decided to only have one version of a game on PSN with only FF Tactics being the odd man out. They could've had the PS1 version of FFIV on there to go with 1, 2, 5, and 6, but they only saw fit to offer the Complete Collection for PSP/Vita people while telling PS3 people to Fuck off with that. The same goes for the PSP versions of 1 and 2, which are negated in their eyes by the release of the PS1 versions on PSN. It's stupid, but that's Square Enix's North American branch for you at this point.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6260 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Man I'm just starting my plus today and wow do I get to download a ton of goodies :P Does anyone know when the Skyrim Dragonborn will go back to its normal price? Is that tomorrow?

#6261 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Probably with tomorrow's update.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6262 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Probably with tomorrow's update.

Thanks frisky! Well that sucks, now to decide whether i want it or not.

#6263 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Thanks frisky! Well that sucks, now to decide whether i want it or not.

Why wait if you ever plan on playing it. Doubt the price will drop that low again for a long time. Even the game still sells at MSRP

That is unless your waiting for a GOTY version or something
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6264 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

Like others mentioned, VIII is worthy of purchase. Especially for $5.

But having said that it wasn't the best FF and I didn't really enjoy it too much as it seemed to take itself "too seriously" with the love theme and "human" graphics.

But it's still good. Way better than a lot of other JRPGs, but it was kind of that let down as all FFs up til that point were uber-awesome.

VIII really updated the graphics over 7's basic 3d graphics. Which was pretty nice, the game looks great. The menus really frustrated me in VIII, a lot of fiddling with the magic.

Anyway I just beat it again on my Vita, and had to pick up the rest of the games for the Vita. JRPGS and the Vita have pretty much drained all of my free time.

#6265 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

At least PS+ update is decent this week. I was beginning to wonder what was wrong with it for awhile.

501272.png

#6266 abilyk

abilyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

I didn't see this mentioned in the last few pages so I thought I'd chime in: looks like the Final Fantasy sale ends tomorrow. The Playstation Blog post that announced the sale (http://blog.us.plays...ar-anniversary/) said it would only run for 2 weeks.

#6267 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Wow the store just doesn't work at all on my end :\ Is there any other way to access it to get the goodies? I guess I'll try the website and hope for the best

#6268 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

that may be the case -- i know i finished a lot of them, then started having my ass handed to me. quite possible that was #6.

#6269 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

i am slowly getting the urge to pick up more and more FF as the 2 weeks progress. save me.

i got vi first, then ix. now i want 1/2, 4, 7, 8.

no. no. no.

#6270 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

So dragonborn can't be bought from the web store...son of a