Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6721 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Certainly decent enough to consider trying to setup a EU profile on a US console and grab PS+ for a year. Maybe get some nice double plat stacking too.

How would you get stacking platinums? Don't you have to use different accounts to have both EU and US PS Plus at the same time? If not, I am intrigued. Also, even if you can use the same account, I don't see how you could get a second platinum just because you got it EU instead of US. Maybe I am reading too much into your comment and you are just saying you could have a platinum for each user ID.

#6722 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Some games stack and u can use your main account.

list of games
http://www.ps3trophi...g-trophies.html

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6723 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well the original was just Decade Duels but this one and the xbox one has Plus at the end. Like Dwilla said, there are more dlc cards and I think more rule changes.

All I can say is that if you are not good at this card game, the beginning is really rough on you. I don't really get the rules but my first opponent summoned like 3 monsters every turn and just destroyed me.

I played competitive Yugioh from Jan. 2003-Aug. 2005 but yeah I had to get used to the rules now and try to pause the game when I can to figure out what the AI was doing at times. Can't count how many times I dashboarded to be able to beat the final bosses.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#6724 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Asia plus

#6725 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Asia plus

Fuck they get Flying Hamster HD. Asia killing it on PS+. Who going to switch over?

#6726 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Wow, Asia PS+ has a lot of Vita games.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6727 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff." -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Unless there was another recent EU 30-day trial, doesn't it expire on March 1st? The one that was for France.

Yes, that one does expire March 1. I got another code from Facebook that doesn't have an expiration date, so as far as I know it's still good. The France one is the one I used this month to check out Sleeping Dogs (awesome) and F1 Race Stars (awful).

Quick question for you - if you got multiple EU 30-day trial codes, can you apply them after your current PS+ subscription ends? As I understand you can't use the 30-day codes if you are currently a subscriber, but can I theoretically use one code each month after my subscription ends?

My assumption was that you can't use more than 1 trial per account. Maybe someone else knows more on this than me. What I was going to do was just create a new EU account every time I had a working 1 month trial code to use and they have something I want. Kind of a pain in the ass, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You just have to play the games right away, because you're going to lose access to them in a month.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6728 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Not sure if someone mentioned it, but they also updated Ratchet and Clank FFA in EU. Apparently they're getting both the upcoming Ratchet game (same as US) and a voucher code for Motorstorm RC. Between that and their month of plus... I really hope US brings something good. I normally don't mind this stuff, but it's seriously getting too vast to ignore.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6729 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Not sure if someone mentioned it, but they also updated Ratchet and Clank FFA in EU. Apparently they're getting both the upcoming Ratchet game (same as US) and a voucher code for Motorstorm RC. Between that and their month of plus... I really hope US brings something good. I normally don't mind this stuff, but it's seriously getting too vast to ignore.

Thanks Admiralvic for reminding me about this. I need to play FFA so I can get the offer for the US.

#6730 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thanks Admiralvic for reminding me about this. I need to play FFA so I can get the offer for the US.

I believe the offer is linked to disc benefits (like the Vita version is) and won't be useable till the Vita version is out. Not sure sure how they're doing it on EU (since they're sending the Motorstorm RC voucher to people), but I doubt they're just going to give it to anyone that plays the game.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6731 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I believe the offer is linked to disc benefits (like the Vita version is) and won't be useable till the Vita version is out. Not sure sure how they're doing it on EU (since they're sending the Motorstorm RC voucher to people), but I doubt they're just going to give it to anyone that plays the game.

Maybe u get Motorstorm if u purchase it on the psn store?

update he says

The way we calculate who is eligible is by tracking who’s played the PS3 version of Q&C: QForce online. We’ll be doing another data collection for R&C: Gladiator, and at that stage we’ll work out who’s been online since we distributed MotorStorm RC so you will receive both.
Thanks,
Ross

http://blog.eu.plays...#comment-352729

#6732 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Where does it say they're getting Deadlocked? From what I could tell all they're getting is Motorstorm RC.

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's called Gladiator over there. My bad, that threw me off.

I guess life just isn't fair sometimes, huh guys?

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6733 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

I didn't know if you needed to have played the game so it's linked with your account and they knew about the early adopters. Have you heard how Sony is determining this? I know the Vita version was delayed just wanted to make sure not to miss Deadlocked.

#6734 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Wait how exactly does this work. I know it was originally supposed to come with a Vita Cross Buy FFA copy. But since they are now including both additions (im assuming you mean Deadlocked and Vita FFA) does this mean I can still go buy a new copy today and receive both the extras? Or did the game have to be purchased close to release. I always meant to get this game but had been waiting since Im mainly interested in the vita copy.

512847.png

#6735 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Maybe u get Motorstorm if u purchase it on the psn store?

update he says

The way we calculate who is eligible is by tracking who’s played the PS3 version of Q&C: QForce online. We’ll be doing another data collection for R&C: Gladiator, and at that stage we’ll work out who’s been online since we distributed MotorStorm RC so you will receive both.
Thanks,
Ross

http://blog.eu.plays...#comment-352729

Ah didn't read the comments, good catch.

#6736 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

will probably actually play the game on ps3 a bit so I can hopefully still get deadlocked eventually x.x

TheFurryPanda.png

#6737 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Most likely GoW3 or Origins becomes free for US to promote Ascension now that i think about it

#6738 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Entering PS Plus in March:

6th March: Mass Effect 3
6th March: Dead or Alive 5
6th March: Joe Danger 2
13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
20th March: Puddle

http://blog.eu.plays...r-march-update/

#6739 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

So EU to get For PS3 there's Mass Effect 3, Dead or Alive 5, and Joe Danger 2: The Movie, Vita to get Puddle and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. All through March... So maybe a lingering hope some of those are coming here? Looking at you Sleeping Dogs...

Posted Image Posted Image

#6740 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Most likely GoW3 or Origins becomes free for US to promote Ascension now that i think about it

I'd love origins. Only game I dont have lol

TheFurryPanda.png

#6741 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yes, @admiralvic, YES!!! Join us.

#6742 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

This PS+ thing is great, except that it does make me think twice about buying games, for "fear" that they'll later show up for "free". Seems like there's some negatives in this for Sony. It might sell hardware, but perhaps limits game sales to AAA titles that are less likely to show up on PS+.

Crunchewy.png

#6743 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Looks like March is the month I use up my EU PS+ free trial. Definitely wanna play Dead or Alive 5 and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6744 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the reminder - went a head and bought the full price version of FFA from the store. Usually wouldn't do that, but with both a Vita version of FFA + Deadlocked included later on it seems like an ok deal at worst (guessing Deadlocked is going to go for $10 regular price).

#6745 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Ooh, all these comments made me figure out what I'll spend my free $10 on. R&C FFA and Ill get Deadlocked for FREE!!! (that offer is still going on for USA, right?)

#6746 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

No blogcast, huh? Curious if there is anything I will be buying next week besides Star Wars Pinball (so stoked!).

#6747 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Looks like March is the month I use up my EU PS+ free trial. Definitely wanna play Dead or Alive 5 and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

you can't play on your profile MGS HD it is only for Vita.
:error:
Spoiler

#6748 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection WTF!!!!! Bring to USA!!!

#6749 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Reality already beat me to it, but the process of playing games from other regions on your Vita is a pain in the ass, and I don't believe it's possible at all to play games from other regions on the Vita using a US account.

No blogcast, huh? Curious if there is anything I will be buying next week besides Star Wars Pinball (so stoked!).

Maybe they'll churn one out today and discuss the PS4, but more than likely they've all been busy with the PS4 event and won't do one this week.

#6750 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Reality already beat me to it, but the process of playing games from other regions on your Vita is a pain in the ass, and I don't believe it's possible at all to play games from other regions on the Vita using a US account.

So the Vita versions are the ones being free? I was just assuming it was the PS3 versions.

453605.png
TheTsel.png