Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#6811 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

I missed the streaming of the first two games but Big Sky Infinity piqued my interest as it kind of reminds me of bullet hell type games so I'll have to check out the video for that game while it is still on sale. I had originally hoped it would go free

It was free for Europe on the Igc but the dlc coming next week will be on sale at least in Europe as it was announced

#6812 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

Here are the videos from the livestream, though some will not be fully up until processing is complete:

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6813 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

The Critter crunch that has been sitting on my cart since last weeks sale is still at $1.40 . I though the price would have adjusted to the msrp by now.

Anybody here who has trouble viewing the age-restricted videos using the ps3 Youtube app? I want to watch the Ps4 conference, but the damn app keeps telling me im under 18 when i'm not. How to get around that? Thanks in advance.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#6814 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Man Critter Crunch is amazingly good. Wished I could also play it on the Vita

#6815 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Add me as another Critter Crunch convert.
Both me and my wife love the game so far.
Thanks to all that suggested checking it out. :applause:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#6816 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

If there's one thing I don't like about Critter Crunch, it's that some of the challenges are randomized when you start them, making it feel like there's a bit more luck involved in clearing the challenge than actual skill since it's not the same each time you retry. Puzzle games should be revolved around skill, not luck. But otherwise, yeah, as I mentioned a while back, for $1.40, it's a rather fun game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6817 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

If there's one thing I don't like about Critter Crunch, it's that some of the challenges are randomized when you start them, making it feel like there's a bit more luck involved in clearing the challenge than actual skill since it's not the same each time you retry. Puzzle games should be revolved around skill, not luck. But otherwise, yeah, as I mentioned a while back, for $1.40, it's a rather fun game.

The randomness is frustrating but if its always the same there would be no replayability. Once you solved it, you were done.

#6818 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

The puzzle levels are the same each time, but everything else is randomized since that's how puzzle games are done.

#6819 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Are the free themes you get for voting in the PSN 'Best of' generally the same? I voted for one, and the theme was kind of lame and generic so I stopped.

#6820 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Are the free themes you get for voting in the PSN 'Best of' generally the same? I voted for one, and the theme was kind of lame and generic so I stopped.

Don't vote for the lame excuse for a theme. Ps Plus has plenty of free dynamic themes that are good. Vote for the deals. Especially San Andreas. Go go.

#6821 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Don't vote for the lame excuse for a theme. Ps Plus has plenty of free dynamic themes that are good. Vote for the deals. Especially San Andreas. Go go.

Dont vote for san andreas! Vote for persona 3 duhhh

#6822 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I see those GTA 3 packs at Walmart for $20 everywhere

#6823 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

So with the rumor that the PS4 won't play any PS3 download content, how do you guys feel? I have only bought Fat Princess, Scott Pilgrim and Critter Crunch from the store and just recently got plus. But if this is true I just don't see the reason of buying any PSN content at all for a while (which is good for the backlog) unless it is a pretty good deal. Just trying to hear what you guys think :D

#6824 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

So with the rumor that the PS4 won't play any PS3 download content, how do you guys feel? I have only bought Fat Princess, Scott Pilgrim and Critter Crunch from the store and just recently got plus. But if this is true I just don't see the reason of buying any PSN content at all for a while (which is good for the backlog) unless it is a pretty good deal. Just trying to hear what you guys think :D

Considering I won't be buying a PS4 for a long time, if ever, I'm not particularly concerned about it right now. I suspect the PS3 will continue to have a long life after the PS4 has been introduced.
Posted Image

#6825 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Well my PS3 isn't instantly rendered useless and most people won't buy a PS4 on release, so it's not like the games suddenly have no value. I think it was a lame "choice", but it probably has more to do with the PS4 being more like a PC, than Sony making an actual choice. Since they went with an option better for developers (apparently keeps costs more grounded), I don't mind. Also there is always the chance they can make a PS4 version and give us it for free or it might get implemented at some point in the far future.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#6826 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Not quite a rumor, its practically been confirmed it wont play PSN games right out the box. From the interview I read Sony is exploring a cloud based option that may be viable down the road.

But I understand the frustration that some people may have with all of the backwards compatibility. I know that people would like to trade in their 3s for 4s, but you may just want to hold on to your 3 if you can.

#6827 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

P3 FES has been on sale at least once or twice before and being an Atlus game means it won't be the last time it's on sale, so either of the other two are better choices for pure sale value.

#6828 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

P3 FES has been on sale at least once or twice before and being an Atlus game means it won't be the last time it's on sale, so either of the other two are better choices for pure sale value.

But from a selfish perspective..i want to play fes and already have san andreas on disc lol

#6829 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

P3 Fes was on sale once and P3P was the other. $10 is already cheap for P3 anyways

#6830 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Started replaying Vanquish this afternoon (despite needing to make headway on Metal Gear Solid). That game is so stinkin good. Definitely one of my favorites from this generation.

MildObstruction.png

#6831 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

New Sound Shapes DLC is coming March 12th. I think the more important news is that with it's release also comes a new patch for the game that allows the ability to download and play community levels offline.

#6832 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

while i want PSN games to play on the PS4, I understand why they might not at launch. My guess is they'll get PS1 classics up and running first, PS2 classics second, re-port some ports to the ps3... leaving only PS3 exclusives at 'risk'. And anything we've already bought will be linked to to our account/free.

So I think that basically means just buy games you want to play.

I mean, if you want to play them, and they're PS3 exclusives... then play them on the PS3. Problem solved. By the time you've got a PS4 in your home, you're going to be spending your dosh on PS4 PSN games. If you get to still play them on your PS4, great.

It's not like I can still play my Intellivision cartridges on the Intellivision 6. Why? Because the console doesn't exist. At least we're getting a PS4.

#6833 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Still haven't decided what to use my $10 credit on. I wish there was Simpsons Hit & Run available for download. Loved that game and I've been on a bout of nostalgia lately.

#6834 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Persona 3 FES for $10 is worth it, it was the best $10 I have ever spent in gaming.
How come Okami HD didn't make it on the list??? It even got like best PSN download game in November.

#6835 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Silly question but, I'm reading that the $10 PSN credit sony handed out to its loyal customers last week expires on the 5th of March. Does that mean the code itself will expire that date, and those who didn't redeem it by then will be out of luck, or does it also mean that the $10 will be removed from our wallet that day if we haven't spent it yet?

Like I said, silly question, but I like to make sure and be safe.

#6836 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Silly question but, I'm reading that the $10 PSN credit sony handed out to its loyal customers last week expires on the 5th of March. Does that mean the code itself will expire that date, and those who didn't redeem it by then will be out of luck, or does it also mean that the $10 will be removed from our wallet that day if we haven't spent it yet?

Expires if you don't redeem it. Just add it to your wallet and you have nothing to worry about unless you were planning to sell it.

Also I'm hoping atlus has a sale on their PSP games again. Now that I plan on getting a vita I would love to get all their Persona games.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6837 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Persona 3 FES for $10 is worth it, it was the best $10 I have ever spent in gaming.
How come Okami HD didn't make it on the list??? It even got like best PSN download game in November.

It wasn't released as a PS2 Classic game. It's just a normal PSN game.

You have to redeem it by then. You can spend it whenever.

#6838 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

I have a bad feeling that Legend of Dragoon isn't going to win the vote.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6839 rpg

rpg

Selling Redemption/Undead Nightmares $1.20 Phan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

the drop

psn
-uncharted 3 free to play mp
-mud fim motocross world champ

demos
-god of war ascension
-knytt underground (vita)

psone classic
-persona 2 eternal punishment

ps2 classic
-dora's big birthday adventure

http://blog.us.plays...3-new-releases/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#6840 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

In for Dora and Persona. Still have to beat IS though....