Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6871 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Plants Vs. Zombies on Vita free for PS+, discounts for Retro/Grade, Gamers' Choice Awards winners, & an additional discount for the Vita Anniversary sale.

Really good week for Vita owners, and hell they even threw PS3-only owners a bone with Retro/Grade for $2.xx. I haven't played a ton of Retro/Grade, but even only playing about an hours worth, it's a no-brainer at $2.xx.

As for the Vita games, I'm super excited for PvZ. I think most of us knew it was coming eventually, so I'm glad to finally get it! I'll also be getting Super Stardust and Hustle Kings Vita for sure (kind of nice not having to hope for Super Stardust to win the PSN Awards). I may even bite on Reality Fighters and Little Deviants for less than $10 each. Great week!

Nice addition.
I've never been a handheld gamer so I don't own a Vita and buying one was never on my plans but PS+ has changed my mind, I'll probably get one in a few months.

PS+ is exactly how they pushed me over the edge to buying a Vita. Announcing Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and Mutant Blobs Attack was what pushed me over, and I haven't regretted my purchase for a second.

great discount on Smart As for Vita. can't recommend it enough if you like brain training games (unless you hate platinums that take forever). not a bad deal on super stardust delta too.

I really want Smart As, but $10 is my absolute limit for digital content, so the wait continues....

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#6872 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Super Stardust Vita for $5 is exactly what I wanted to pay. PvZ is a good freebie, it plays really well on the Vita and although it's a little hard to find, those who prefer to use the real controls (vs touch) can enable them in the options. I got it for #7.xx in October and was/am surprised at just how much content there is in the game. Even if it's the same concept over and over, it's still really entertaining and can provide a decent challenge near the end.

Is there any cheap place to buy a PS+ code before the 12+3 sale is over?

I want to renew my subscription.

Only one I know of was GameDealDaily about 2 weeks ago. They had 1 year subs for $40, which with the extra 3 months comes out to about $2.66 per month. Totally worth it.

As the name implies, though, it was a daily deal.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#6873 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

yeah that is great. i almost bought pvz for $10 cuz i wanted that plat. n yeah ps+ is only reason i bought Vita.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#6874 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

oops I accidentally read the blog comments. I wonder if Morgan makes a drinking game out of it every week (like take a drink for every positive comment, resulting in a very sober morning).

#6875 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

oops I accidentally read the blog comments. I wonder if Morgan makes a drinking game out of it every week (like take a drink for every positive comment, resulting in a very sober morning).

Hahaha, the difference between PS+ Europe vs NA is more than obvious but the childish complaint level and frequency at the blog is pathetic.
Posted Image

#6876 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

2 more Vita apps coming this Spring: Friend Network (HEY, Toro & Kuro, the PS cats!) & Imaginstruments.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6877 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

I made the same mistake. I don't know why I torture myself every week. I guarantee if Sony offered every one of the complainers there a $50 refund on their PS+ purchase, very very few would take it.

I commented once today, saying I was excited for PvZ and the Vita sale.

I personally still don't understand any of the hoopla for the March games in EU. The only one I'm even a little bit jealous about is MGS HD Collection for Vita, and that's only because if we got it, I could sell mine.

#6878 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I made the same mistake. I don't know why I torture myself every week. I guarantee if Sony offered every one of the complainers there a $50 refund on their PS+ purchase, very very few would take it.

If they offered a transfer to EU+, I'd take it. I tried to sign up for it and let my US+ lapse, but none of the places that sell PSN EU cards will take my CC, I don't know why and I have similar issues with PayPal, can't get any of it to work for EU PSN cards. So I just gave up. Of course, with my luck, the time I get it to work is the time US+ will suddenly start matching what EU+ gets.

And anyone that says US+ is just as good, sorry, that argument has been getting weaker and weaker over the last 3 months, Morgan even had to acknowledge on the latest + blog post that people have a point (see his comment on page 2 there).
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#6879 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

psyched about the Vita sale --

Normal / Sale / PS+ Sale
Escape Plan $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Hustle Kings PS Vita $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Little Deviants $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
MLB The Show 12 PS Vita
$17.99 $12.59 $8.81
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
$17.99 $13.99 $9.79
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition
$11.99 $8.39 $5.87
PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale
$35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Reality Fighters
$17.99 $12.59 $8.81 Smart As $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
Sound Shapes
$14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Super Stardust Delta $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Unit 13 $26.99 $18.89 $13.22-----

Definitely Grabbing Super Stardust Delta.
Probably grabbing Escape Plan -- Thoughts?
Thought on little deviants?
I played the Hustle Kings demo and enjoyed it, but it didn't give me quite enough actual gameplay to know if i'd really like it.

#6880 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

@GT - I'd like to see a full comparison that takes into account all the free games AND all the discounts that both US and EU get. Plus, once again, it just comes down to personal tastes anyway. EU seems to give more games that fit into the more popular genres, that's for sure.

Also, in regards to the post you're referring to from Morgan, the only thing I think he is acknowledging is that he understands people have different tastes when it comes to gaming.

#6881 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I commented once today, saying I was excited for PvZ and the Vita sale.

I personally still don't understand any of the hoopla for the March games in EU. The only one I'm even a little bit jealous about is MGS HD Collection for Vita, and that's only because if we got it, I could sell mine.

I try to wrap my head around it and fail. It really seems like the primary complainers are either jealous or mysteriously expecting at least 2 full PS3 retail releases monthly (that they haven't bought yet - so relatively recent releases like Skyrim or Dead Space 3). Oh yeah, and no Vita games because they don't have one so it's unfair.

I think there's a large segment of the gaming population that now have a pretty strict view on the 'value' of digital content thanks to Steam/Humble Bundles/etc - which is totally fine - the problem comes in when they apply that view to things that _aren't_ Steam/Humble Bundles/etc (i.e. PS+) and are outraged when it's not the same. The million dollar difference is that PS+ is kind of a gambling service - you're prepaying $50 for the chance at some good games that you want to play, but since there's no roadmap you don't _actually_ know what you're paying for which gives everyone the chance to make up their own rules for the 'value'.

For me, it's the best $4 / month I ever spend. It just isn't for everyone.

#6882 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Damn, I shouldn't have bought PvZ when it was on sale a few months ago cause I just started playing it last night. Ah well. I'm semi-tempted to buy Super Stardust but will probably pass. I really want Smart As... but I want the retail copy.

Hopefully some people will buy MLB 12. I think that's the next game I'm gonna play and the online seems like kind of a drag.

Definitely Grabbing Super Stardust Delta.
Probably grabbing Escape Plan -- Thoughts?
Thought on little deviants?
I played the Hustle Kings demo and enjoyed it, but it didn't give me quite enough actual gameplay to know if i'd really like it.

I recently got done playing Escape Plan and two of the DLCs and it was pretty fun but also frustrating in parts. I hate using the rear touch pad and some of the harder levels require its use. Overall though, I suggest getting it. I suggest playing the Little Deviants demo. I was interested in the game until I played the demo.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#6883 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

PSN really needs to price drop Hot Shots, this sale isn't that impressive when you consider you can buy a download code for it from GameStop for $17.99 normally

http://www.gamestop....l-ps-vita/91439

#6884 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I guess it's just hard for me to comprehend that there are a lot of people that can't see the value in PS+. Maybe I'm being closed-minded, I don't know. Or maybe I should just stop caring about it and enjoy my games.

I've said it before, but the biggest mistake PS+ ever made was giving different content to different regions. Anyone who has just 1 or 2 siblings probably knows the feeling. When one brother or sister gets something special, the other sibling(s) immediately feel like they're being treated unfairly. I know I felt like that, growing up with just one brother.

If PS+ US and EU gave away the same content, I honestly think there would be positive comments almost exclusively on the PS Blog. All the anger and hatred comes from comparing the two regions.

#6885 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer. If I buy DLC on Japan PSN for my Japanese game, can I use said DLC while signed into my US account? Both accounts are on the same PS3.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#6886 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I try to wrap my head around it and fail. It really seems like the primary complainers are either jealous or mysteriously expecting at least 2 full PS3 retail releases monthly (that they haven't bought yet - so relatively recent releases like Skyrim or Dead Space 3). Oh yeah, and no Vita games because they don't have one so it's unfair.

I think there's a large segment of the gaming population that now have a pretty strict view on the 'value' of digital content thanks to Steam/Humble Bundles/etc - which is totally fine - the problem comes in when they apply that view to things that _aren't_ Steam/Humble Bundles/etc (i.e. PS+) and are outraged when it's not the same. The million dollar difference is that PS+ is kind of a gambling service - you're prepaying $50 for the chance at some good games that you want to play, but since there's no roadmap you don't _actually_ know what you're paying for which gives everyone the chance to make up their own rules for the 'value'.

For me the free games are less of an incentive than the discounts. Although I likely wouldn't be buying as many games if they weren't heavily discounted, the value of what I end up buying at 75% off is way higher than the $50/year. It also makes digital content wayyyy more appealing to get it for so cheap so frequently - some of the sales on Vita/PSP games especially.

Then with free games on top of that, I can't complain, even if Europe does get better stuff more consistently.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#6887 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm always amused by the horribly negative comments, since they mostly come from PS+ users. I don't understand why you'd pay for a service you don't want.

Personally, I've enjoyed the 3 months of PS+ I've had, which were the last 3 months and none before it, so I don't have any issue with it. The only EU+ game that I've been particularly jealous of was Mortal Kombat.

#6888 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Is it still cross-buy if you buy Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale on the Vita and not on the PS3?

#6889 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

If PS+ US and EU gave away the same content, I honestly think there would be positive comments almost exclusively on the PS Blog. All the anger and hatred comes from comparing the two regions.

100% agree. I'm sure there are plenty of complicated reasons why they can't do this, but it would solve the vast majority of their NA+ complaint issues.

I also sometimes compare the EU blog with the NA blog. The difference in praise vs complaining is also quite stark as well as the style of customer service, their customers seem much more satisfied and their mod seems to answer questions there better than Morgan does (yes, that's a subjective opinion, they have whiners too but it seems like way less of that noise over there).
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#6890 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

I didn't play my free PS3 version of PvZ yet so now I guess I'll do so on Vita for more cheapers.

$17.63 for Hot Shots, hasn't the physical copy gone cheaper before? I think I'm in for Sound Shapes and Super Stardust though.

#6891 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Is it still cross-buy if you buy Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale on the Vita and not on the PS3?

No

#6892 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

It's never cross buy when you buy the Vita version of a retail game.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#6893 Miami_13

Miami_13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Not a big PvZ fan but my gf loves it. Nice sales for the Vita. Probably pick up MLB The Show and Smart As.

#6894 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's never cross buy when you buy the Vita version.

Some Vita games are cross-buy when you buy the Vita version. PSASBR just isn't one of them.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#6895 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Some Vita games are cross-buy when you buy the Vita version. PSASBR just isn't one of them.

Sorry, you're right, I should have specified that retail games are never cross-buy when you buy the Vita version.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#6896 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

What about Sound Shapes?

#6897 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

What about Sound Shapes?

Sound Shapes Vita and PS3 version are exactly the same game. You earn trophies on both platforms at the same time when you load your cloud save.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#6898 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

I've said it before, but the biggest mistake PS+ ever made was giving different content to different regions.

This wouldn't work for two major reasons.

One is simple logistics -- due to licensing issues, you'd have serious problems trying to orchestrate this. If one region can get access to some popular game, should they not get it because they can't get licensing worked out in, say, Europe?

The other is that you're forgetting different regions actually do have different gaming tastes. The US and Japan, for example, have distinctly different gaming habits. Forcing the same games on both regions would cause just as many problems, except people would be complaining about the need for getting different stuff rather than the need to get the same stuff.

#6899 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer. If I buy DLC on Japan PSN for my Japanese game, can I use said DLC while signed into my US account? Both accounts are on the same PS3.

From what I've been told, nope. Source: Gundam: Battle Operation forums, where the people who buy the DLC play the game exclusively on their Japanese accounts.

Josh1billion.png

Check out my free Android puzzle game, Super Blackout.  90 levels + random level generator + level editor.

#6900 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

100% agree. I'm sure there are plenty of complicated reasons why they can't do this, but it would solve the vast majority of their NA+ complaint issues.

I also sometimes compare the EU blog with the NA blog. The difference in praise vs complaining is also quite stark as well as the style of customer service, their customers seem much more satisfied and their mod seems to answer questions there better than Morgan does (yes, that's a subjective opinion, they have whiners too but it seems like way less of that noise over there).

I'll agree that, in regards to PS+, the EU commentors do seem to be far more positive and pleasant. I usually see that the mod answers more questions that Morgan, but it seems like a lot of his answers are either "I don't have information on that at this time" or "Unfortunately XXXXX is not currently available in region YYYYY" which is pretty much stuff Morgan could say if he actually responded to more questions.

This wouldn't work for two major reasons.

One is simple logistics -- due to licensing issues, you'd have serious problems trying to orchestrate this. If one region can get access to some popular game, should they not get it because they can't get licensing worked out in, say, Europe?

The other is that you're forgetting different regions actually do have different gaming tastes. The US and Japan, for example, have distinctly different gaming habits. Forcing the same games on both regions would cause just as many problems, except people would be complaining about the need for getting different stuff rather than the need to get the same stuff.

For you're first point, I'd argue that the general consensus of commentors on the PS Blog would answer "Yes, if one region can't get it, the other shouldn't get it either". It's not a very altruistic outlook on things, but we're not exactly dealing with a lot of giving, generous people here. There's no doubt that if they were to somehow align what the US and EU received there would be a marked decreased in quality and quantity of games. I'm not saying it's what I want, but it's certainly a solution Sony could look to if they are in fact worried about the rampant complaining on the US side of things.

I agree with your second point, and that's kind of why I left the Asian PS+ out of my comment. I feel like Western tastes (EU and US) are far more similar and could be easily aligned. You're right, even if they aligned all 3 (US, EU, and Asia) there would still be complaining of "I don't want this game, you should have given us this game instead" but at least there wouldn't be any feeling of one region be treated unfairly compared to the others.