Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#6961 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

I hope LoD goes on sale, mostly cause it's a great game and it will hopefully give people a reason to find out how awesome it is.

#6962 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

I should know this, but if I buy Knytt Underground through my Vita, it will give me access to both the PS3 and Vita versions right? Or do I have to buy it through my PS3 to make sure I get both versions?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6963 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

I should know this, but if I buy Knytt Underground through my Vita, it will give me access to both the PS3 and Vita versions right? Or do I have to buy it through my PS3 to make sure I get both versions?

Just check the information on the game. It should mention the cross buy on each platform. I don't see why there would be a problem buying on the Vita. I bought Hustle Kings through the Vita store. I had the PS3 version already listed in DL history when I checked after purchase.

#6964 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

13 PS3 games to six Vita/PSP games.

To be fair, the second part of his comment was that most of the PS3 games are older games. That part is true.

But to be honest, I haven't played many of the free PS3 games. I'm mostly into Plus for the discounts, which pay for the subscription on their own if you really take advantage of them.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

I didn't see Velo's dick on cam, but I have in pics. He's rockin' a pretty good dick there I guess...I'm not queer though. And I will deny that I said that and make sure Google deletes it.

#6965 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Correct. Buying either version gives you both.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#6966 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, Morgan again mentioned that they may try to go back to the monthly outlooks for March, so we may be seeing info about this real soon.

I'm not at all optimistic that moving to monthly updates will solve any of the "problems", but I guess we'll see. I guess it might cut down on the bitching every week, but I personally doubt that.

I prefer the monthly update, it gives you the early glimpse you need to avoid buying any free or future discounted games.
And about the bitches at the PS blog... "haters gonna hate".
Posted Image

#6967 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

To be fair, the second part of his comment was that most of the PS3 games are older games. That part is true.

But to be honest, I haven't played many of the free PS3 games. I'm mostly into Plus for the discounts, which pay for the subscription on their own if you really take advantage of them.

But that is how it's always been, the Vita addition to Plus has no effect on this.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6968 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

What? More details needed?

Sorry, typed too fast and didn't bother to check. I wish there was a newer version of Every Day Shooter.

#6969 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

From what I've been told, nope. Source: Gundam: Battle Operation forums, where the people who buy the DLC play the game exclusively on their Japanese accounts.

Well that sucks. Do you think it could vary on a game-to-game basis?

#6970 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Thanks guys. Just bought it and looks like it added both the PS3 and Vita versions right to my download list. :)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6971 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

i'd say few games have dropped that fast in price, much older games have a higher price

I disagree. The sale represents what...a $21 drop? And that's only if you have PS+.

Almost every new $60 game can be found for $40 (or less) at least once within four months of release. It's why I barely ever buy games on day one anymore- maybe a couple per year, tops, and even then I take advantage of something like the Best Buy $20 certificate/pre-order deal.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#6972 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thanks guys. Just bought it and looks like it added both the PS3 and Vita versions right to my download list. :)

All you'd have to do in the future is add one to your cart and then try to add the other, as it'll block you on the second try if it's Cross Buy.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6973 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Just wished they had separate ps+ memberships for vita and ps3. or you could buy one that combines the two. I just feel like we get more free vita stuff than ps3 stuff, and all the ps3 stuff is old games most people have played already, or really obscure titles that nobody wants. I'm overall satisfied with what i've gotten through ps+ in deals and whatnot, just wished it was geared more towards ps3 than vita.

as a member since inception, we used to not get -anything- many weeks. that's just how it was. now, those weeks get filled in by Vita. I haven't noticed a PSN/PS3 dropoff. Slightly less PS1 games and minis, but i think they weren't what people wanted based on their surveys.

#6974 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

Just finished Journey, I wish I would have waited for a sale...

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#6975 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

PS all stars for $18 with ps+? When games go 66% off within 4 months it's no wonder the industry is tanking. Nobody's going to pay full price for a game if they can just wait a little bit and get it for that cheap

Too high. It should be 10 by now.

#6976 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Too high. It should be 10 by now.

Game is worth what they are asking. Yea its not the best but it is well made and worth $20.

I think I am going to grab a few vita games tomorrow. Thinking Smart As and Little Deviants. I need another memory card. If I were to get another memory card would it work to keep different games on each and all I do is switch the memory cards out for the different sets of games?

512847.png

#6977 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think I am going to grab a few vita games tomorrow. Thinking Smart As and Little Deviants. I need another memory card. If I were to get another memory card would it work to keep different games on each and all I do is switch the memory cards out for the different sets of games?

I highly recommend trying the demo for Little Deviants. I instantly knew it wasn't for me.

As long as your games are on the same account, yes, that should work though I haven't done it yet. If they're on different accounts you need to jump through a couple more hoops

#6978 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I highly recommend trying the demo for Little Deviants. I instantly knew it wasn't for me.

As long as your games are on the same account, yes, that should work though I haven't done it yet. If they're on different accounts you need to jump through a couple more hoops

you have to restart the Vita anytime you swap memory cards

it's really dumb...

#6979 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

you have to restart the Vita anytime you swap memory cards

it's really dumb...

also, if it matters to you, whenever you switch memory cards your bubbles will all be reset. not a big deal, but i have mine organized and it was a pain to constantly put them back where they were when i changed cards.

#6980 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Is Dawnguard coming today?

#6981 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Is Dawnguard coming today?

Yes.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#6982 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Are the tracks on Urban Trials Vita the same as the PS3 version or are they different? Trying to decide if it is worth the double dip.

#6983 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I will say, I like PSN+ as I have reupped for the second year and always look forward to see what they offer. That being said, for my personal gaming preferences, I really prefer the EU offered games to the games that NA gets. It does get me to try new games that I haven't heard of/wouldn't have bought without it, but when I see the games that Europe get I just shake my head because they're games that I actually want.

#6984 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Are the tracks on Urban Trials Vita the same as the PS3 version or are they different? Trying to decide if it is worth the double dip.

Same game but graphics on vita toned down and less going on in background

#6985 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I will say, I like PSN+ as I have reupped for the second year and always look forward to see what they offer. That being said, for my personal gaming preferences, I really prefer the EU offered games to the games that NA gets. It does get me to try new games that I haven't heard of/wouldn't have bought without it, but when I see the games that Europe get I just shake my head because they're games that I actually want.

This can't possibly be true because someone here argued that EU+ gets those games because their tastes are different [/sarcasm]

Apparently EU gaming tastes prefer very recent AAA titles and NA tastes like more vintage and niche stuff.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#6986 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Same game but graphics on vita toned down and less going on in background

Urban Trials Vita version does still have pretty good graphics and a good amount of action even though it may be toned down, however, I don't see why someone would want both versions if the tracks and challenges are all the same. The tracks are re-used in the game itself, so having a duplicate game with re-used tracks seems like it could get pretty old, pretty fast.

I'm loving the Vita version. I could see myself getting the PS3 version if it ever goes on sale below $10 since I like it so much. I'm hoping they will add some future content such as more tracks and a track editor, but it seems unlikely from some of the info i've read. Apparently a 3DS version comes out later this year that has more stuff in it.

#6987 Blaan

Blaan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

This can't possibly be true because someone here argued that EU+ gets those games because their tastes are different [/sarcasm]

Apparently EU gaming tastes prefer very recent AAA titles and NA tastes like more vintage and niche stuff.

Ha. Yea, I feel like a lot of the conflict over this sort of thing is moot. People see a game, and want to play it and have a reaction to it.

I'm not sure how Sony determines which games are released in what region, but I'll bet it has more to do with partnerships with publishers than surveying the wants of each region (though I'm sure there's a bit of that in there).

I'm personally not psyched about PvZ, as I have played it previously and there are new games that I'd like to try instead of replaying it on a different device, but I have been extremely pleased with the overall Vita offerings to this point. Especially considering the small catalog of games that have been released.

#6988 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Just wished they had separate ps+ memberships for vita and ps3. or you could buy one that combines the two. I just feel like we get more free vita stuff than ps3 stuff, and all the ps3 stuff is old games most people have played already, or really obscure titles that nobody wants. I'm overall satisfied with what i've gotten through ps+ in deals and whatnot, just wished it was geared more towards ps3 than vita.

No offense, but I think thats a dumb idea. So you pay $50 for PS3+ and then what at least $30 extra for Vita+. It makes more sense to have one combined program for both and it works out better for us the consumer.

PS all stars for $18 with ps+? When games go 66% off within 4 months it's no wonder the industry is tanking. Nobody's going to pay full price for a game if they can just wait a little bit and get it for that cheap

most games are overpiced anyway. Not every game warrants a $60 pricetag and many dont sell at that pricepoint until they've dropped. I enjoy PS AS, but it wasnt a $60 quality game to me. I think it should have launched at $40
Posted Image

#6989 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

For those with a Family Video near them, they are selling PS All Stars on PS3 used for $20. Most stores only have 1 copy to sell though.

Also, what is the last day to buy PS Plus and get 3 months free? If I did it today, would I get the 3 months plus $10 back?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#6990 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Get $10 back for every $50 that you spend on PSN in March
Posted ImagePosted Image