Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#7501 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

They leave them open because it saves them money on market research. If people are constantly telling Sony they want ___ game, then they can get said game and people are somewhat happy. Like what happened with Vanquish.

That does make sense. I just know it would be hard for me to read and go through all those comments if I was in charge of it haha.

#7502 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Anyone ever order a PSN code from gamestop.com? I wanted to renew my PS Plus and maybe get Walking Dead but ten hours after ordering I still don't have my code.

I ordered one a few weeks ago and got it almost instantly.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Infamous: SS; Killzone: SF

:3ds: Chrono Trigger; 999

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#7503 Bumslie

Bumslie

Positive Mental Attitude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Reading the PS Blog comments makes me chuckle...then cry for the sad state of humanity. Makes one wonder why they don't just deactivate comments. Course I guess people would resort to whiny emails then. Gotta love the almighty entitlement people feel these days whether they are buying a $.99 app or paying a few bucks a month for plus. *sigh*

I agree 100%.

#7504 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

That's the one game it's been confirmed that it won't be.

It's not even on PSN, though that's never stopped people from guessing those sorts of games before.

-Game 1: "A big, critically acclaimed shooter. Turned the world on its head in terms of what to expect from a shooter." Maybe Spec Ops: The Line?

hmm. was spec ops 'big'? it was critically acclaimed and fits the description, though. bioshock does, but since 2 was already given i doubt they'd do 1. same with borderlands. so...yea, Spec Ops is my guess too.

It was. It got a ton of acclaim around its launch for the story and the way the game plays, though the lackluster multiplayer is what killed its review scores. It got a second push during the award season and I know it won an award or two from Giant Bomb and made a few of the staff's personal Top 10 lists. The wiki page lists some of the awards that it has won:

In January 2013, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw named the game his game of the year for 2012, calling it "the most exciting thing to happen in video game narrative for fucking years."[43] IGN awarded it "Best PC Story of 2012".[44] Mature-Gaming.com awarded the game its "Surprise of 2012" award, praising how effectively it subverted the player's expectations of the genre.[45] Entertainment Weekly called it the fifth-best game of 2012, also naming Nolan North's performance as Walker "the year's best vocal performance",[46] a point echoed by Edge in their "alternative" awards for 2012.[47] At Machinima.com's 4th annual Inside Gaming Daily Awards for 2012 the game received the award for best narrative.[48]

http://en.wikipedia...._Line#Reception

If I buy Modnation racers road trip can you use the dlc from the ps3, or just user created stuff?

No. User-creations are cross-platform though.

Does anyone have any idea how often ps1 classics go on sale? I feel like I just missed a 50% off, not sure if this is my best option to pick up xenogears, parasite eve and a couple final fantasys

You just missed the Final Fantasy 50% off sale, though I don't think either of those others have ever been on sale. PS1 Classics aren't on sale as often as the other types of games, but there's probably at least something every month.

So, is there any way to renew the license on a free with PS+ PSP game? I bought a month of PS+, downloaded Mega X Maverick Hunter, re-upped my subscription with the 15 months offer, but it didn't change the date on the game. Do I have redownload the entire game to renew the license?

Once it passes the original date, it'll update to the new date. There's no need to really be concerned about it.

Are we sure the vita sale will have more different deals or is that just speculation?

i ask because i was going to go to best buy to grab a couple games today

That's all we know right now.

#7505 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

It's not even on PSN, though that's never stopped people from guessing those sorts of games before.

It was. It got a ton of acclaim around its launch for the story and the way the game plays, though the lackluster multiplayer is what killed its review scores. It got a second push during the award season and I know it won an award or two from Giant Bomb and made a few of the staff's personal Top 10 lists. The wiki page lists some of the awards that it has won:

http://en.wikipedia...._Line#Reception

No. User-creations are cross-platform though.

You just missed the Final Fantasy 50% off sale, though I don't think either of those others have ever been on sale. PS1 Classics aren't on sale as often as the other types of games, but there's probably at least something every month.

Once it passes the original date, it'll update to the new date. There's no need to really be concerned about it.

That's all we know right now.

Thanks Frisky for replying.
Ervgotti85.png

only if you want more from the game. ask yourself that question and look deep within your soul. if you can't figure it out by then well go and rub one out and then think about it some more. thats usually the process i do when i can't make a decision.

#7506 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

The buy one year of PS+ get 3 more months promotion ends on the third!!! DON'T forget if you are willing to get those extra months and the $10 back.

Just a question, the promotion ends March 3rd, does this mean that the promition WILL expire March 2 at night or March 3 at night?

#7507 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The buy one year of PS+ get 3 more months promotion ends on the third!!! DON'T forget if you are willing to get those extra months and the $10 back.

Just a question, the promotion ends March 3rd, does this mean that the promition WILL expire March 2 at night or March 3 at night?

It'll expire on the 5th when the PS Store updates.

#7508 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for the answer

#7509 dyne

dyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I added $10 via a code to my wallet last night. I then added $39.99 via my credit card and got another year of Plus for $49.99. I have not received the $10. How long does this normally take?

#7510 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

I added $10 via a code to my wallet last night. I then added $39.99 via my credit card and got another year of Plus for $49.99. I have not received the $10. How long does this normally take?

We’ll be sending out your earned credit before April 12 via e-mail and XMB Message on your PS3! Let us know what you’ll be buying this March in the comments, and make sure to get all your purchases through April 1. Happy gaming!

http://blog.us.plays...every-50-spent/

#7511 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Was going to post the link above, then I read the OP. Do people seriously not even read the OP anymore? Did you not see the huge red box of text that clearly answered your question?

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#7512 dyne

dyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Was going to post the link above, then I read the OP. Do people seriously not even read the OP anymore? Did you not see the huge red box of text that clearly answered your question?

So you were going to answer me but instead went and found out you could rib me instead. Well played.

#7513 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

So you were going to answer me but instead went and found out you could rib me instead. Well played.

In roughly 1/4th of time you spent typing out your post (and subsequently this one) you could have found the answer to your question. So yes, I do find it a bit humorous that a veteran CAG couldn't have just checked the OP.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#7514 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Some people are just extremely lazy. Even on the internet. Its sad.

On the other hand, picked up Smart As the other day and its pretty fun to play a little every day. Definitely recommend for $13 if you like brain games.

512847.png

#7515 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

would games for 49.99 still count for the $10 back for every $50 Spent deal

#7516 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Any news on Tomb Raider or the new Naruto game being a day 1 digital?

#7517 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Yes.

#7518 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

the only absolute confirmation i've read was for PS+ subs (the mod at the time wasn't sure if games adding up to that counted). they probably do? but unless further confirmation has come out i'd buy something to top it off (i believe i read the cheapest thing on the store is .25).

#7519 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

the only absolute confirmation i've read was for PS+ subs (the mod at the time wasn't sure if games adding up to that counted). they probably do? but unless further confirmation has come out i'd buy something to top it off (i believe i read the cheapest thing on the store is .25).

Yeah, I've seen various people ask this around different places and there's been no sure answer on games, just PS+. Best probably to make sure you're over the line.

Retro/Grade is a good cheapie if you need to be pushed over. Interesting premise. Enjoying it a lot.

#7520 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, I've seen various people ask this around different places and there's been no sure answer on games, just PS+. Best probably to make sure you're over the line.

Retro/Grade is a good cheapie if you need to be pushed over. Interesting premise. Enjoying it a lot.

or buy an avatar

#7521 Stereo

Stereo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

Just add a 25 cent avatar just to be sure.

#7522 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

or buy an avatar

Ha, didn't even think about that, but yeah that's probably a better solution. Forgot they existed as I've never bought one.

#7523 rpg

rpg

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

Dokuro: Monster Avatar Pack for 49 cents has 10 avatars

https://store.sonyen...OKUROAVATAR0000

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PMinsane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifBen 10: Omniverse 2 $4.46-R or TimeShare Pm 2014 Completed Games

#7524 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

It didn't, it showed as expired when the one month would of run out, and gave me an error message of expired every time I tried to open it. Starting the download and then canceling out after the "activating game" phase and reset the expiration date ok though.

Guardian_owl.png

#7525 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

It didn't, it showed as expired when the one month would of run out, and gave me an error message of expired every time I tried to open it. Starting the download and then canceling out after the "activating game" phase and reset the expiration date ok though.

Yeah, that's how it works. It's a chore to do though when you've been a member from day 1 and have to refresh a bunch of games.

#7526 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Anyone else just get a random $5 voucher that expires on the 4th?

#7527 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Anyone else just get a random $5 voucher that expires on the 4th?

I got a $10 voucher that expires on the 5th. Lucky us.

#7528 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

More free money? For the record, I got nada.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7529 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

More free money? For the record, I got nada.

Same here.

#7530 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

i already own allstars for both vita and ps3, but id be happy if it were with igc. i could flip both to gamestop quick and get some back. also i bought used(got lucky with disk benefits vita version) but no online pass for ps3 version, so i couldnt get the plat. doh. fun lil game.

and cave for free? that would be awesome. didnt that just come out. glad i didn't buy it. all speculation, but that seemed spot on.

and spec ops is also super awesome. loved that game.

Velo214.png
sig.gif