Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#7651 Ubichu

Ubichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

I can't decide about Ridge Racer 7 3D after playing the demo. I know it's old and simple, but the graphics are good, the 3D is nice, and drifting properly does take some skill. Googling it was difficult to find out if there are more race tracks to buy as DLC or they're all included. I didn't see any in the PSN Store. I looked online and only saw 2 players, so I guess the online community is all but dead. I think the sale price of $9.99 ends tomorrow night, but I've been burned almost every time I pay $9.99 or more for something l(like Hydrophobia Prophecy) as those usually drop to $2-$5 soon after I buy. That experience has made me very reluctant to buy anything over $5.

Do people think Ridge Racer 7 3D is likely to have bigger price drops in the near future (next several months) if I wait or is it unlikely to drop massively in price like Hydrophobia Prophecy did?

#7652 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

I don't know how the PS3 handles credit card payments (whether it puts the money into your wallet first) but I'm pretty sure the $10 back for spending $50 requires the money to be spent from your wallet to qualify. So you might want to put more money into your wallet and spend it to reach $50 from your wallet before the expiration date in April.

Sony said themselves on their blog that $49.99 PS+ subs alone would qualify. I haven't seen Sony say that $49.99 that is not PS+ sub would qualify as well. So maybe maybe not for that.

Doh, you're probably right it says from your wallet so I guess only the $23.xx I spent directly from my wallet will count towards the $50 total. Lame. I should have paid attention to that extra deal before jumping in and buying.

#7653 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Purchased another year of PS+ and Vagrant Story. With that free $10 PSN code they gave me recently and the 3 months bonus, this turned out awesome.

#7654 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Is it crysis 1? For #1 it might be

#7655 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Doh, you're probably right it says from your wallet so I guess only the $23.xx I spent directly from my wallet will count towards the $50 total. Lame. I should have paid attention to that extra deal before jumping in and buying.

No, he's not. Unless they changed things with the new store, credit card amounts go to your wallet first and then it all comes out of the wallet.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#7656 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

i hope not crysis. i just got that free for crysis 3 preorder. rather psabr cuz i bought it used with no online pass, doh! my bad. but at least got free vita version cuz 'disk benefits' not claimed.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7657 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Is it crysis 1? For #1 it might be

While it could quite literally be any shooter out there (As I've already mentioned, needing to state it wasn't inversion after saying critically acclaimed doesn't inspire confidence.), I doubt it's Crysis. Now it could be Crysis 2, since EU got that and 3 just came out, but I don't recall a lot of acclaim for the series. Mostly just people stunned by how good it looked or complainers pointing out how the game sucked at details.

No, he's not. Unless they changed things with the new store, credit card amounts go to your wallet first and then it all comes out of the wallet.

Even if they changed it (not that I can see why), Sony would get WAY too many complaints if they didn't honor it, that you shouldn't worry.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#7658 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

i hope not crysis. i just got that free for crysis 3 preorder. rather psabr cuz i bought it used with no online pass, doh! my bad. but at least got free vita version cuz 'disk benefits' not claimed.

See its always good to look at the plus side of the situation given.

Watch everybody flip when the free game is BRINK!

BumslieOG.png

#7659 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

is there some kind of hint out there that it's a shooter?

#7660 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

While it could quite literally be any shooter out there (As I've already mentioned, needing to state it wasn't inversion after saying critically acclaimed doesn't inspire confidence.), I doubt it's Crysis. Now it could be Crysis 2, since EU got that and 3 just came out, but I don't recall a lot of acclaim for the series. Mostly just people stunned by how good it looked or complainers pointing out how the game sucked at details.

Even if they changed it (not that I can see why), Sony would get WAY too many complaints if they didn't honor it, that you shouldn't worry.

Then bioshock 1 I'll take it

#7661 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=7455

Game 1: "A big, critically acclaimed shooter. Turned the world on its head in terms of what to expect from a shooter." Maybe Spec Ops: The Line?

It's not going to be BioShock, as it's going to be free with BioShock Infinite, so that would be a boneheaded move.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7662 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Im guessing Crysis or Crysis 2
Posted Image

#7663 aaf

aaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

anybody has an idea when will the 3 months PS+ codes with amazon AC Vita get expired ?

Edited by aaf, 04 March 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#7664 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yup, I bought the PSN+ subscription through my vita. I didn't have any money in my Wallet. It automatically added the funds to my wallet first then spent the money in the wallet to give me the subscription. And I was able to check on my subscription, and it doesn't expire until June of 2014. So I did get the extra 3 months.

#7665 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

My guess is COD4

#7666 io

io

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Unless the current promo is totally different than all the preceding ones, the +3 months only kicks in if you spend 49.99 directly out of your PSN wallet. Redeeming prepaid 1-yr cards (like the ones from that glorious Target error) shouldn't entitle you to anything additional, so no need to feel down Affa. ;)

EDIT: Huh, well I'll be. Checked the PS Blog and HTZ was right; pre-paid cards do work for this promo. I believe that's the first time they've opened it up that way. Sorry for extending false peace of mind Affa!

Redeeming the PS+ pre-paid cards like the ones from Target, do give you the extra 3 months.

Indeed - when I redeemed my last card it showed the new expiration date immediately and it was 15 months after my old one. It might have even shown it when I was redeeming (before I hit submit).

----------

As for the freebie this week, I have no plans for buying Bioshock Infinite so I wouldn't mind the first one free on PS+ since it would go along with the second one we got earlier. But I see why they wouldn't want to do that. But I haven't played any of them yet and having it on PS+ would probably prompt me to start the series (and then maybe get the new one). I'm pretty sure I have the first one on disc laying around somewhere anyway (from some long ago Blockbuster sale ;)).

If it is a CoD game, then, well, meh - not interested.

#7667 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

For those with a JPN account, there'll be a demo of One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 hitting March 7th which includes 2-player co-op. Even cooler, if you grab it between March 7th & 20th, you get a free XMB theme.

Considering the US is getting the game as well, I wonder if they'll do this for the US.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7668 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Purchased another year of PS+ and Vagrant Story. With that free $10 PSN code they gave me recently and the 3 months bonus, this turned out awesome.

good man for picking up vagrant story.....hmm now I want to replay it

#7669 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

so far only the season pass for blops2 for me. backlog too huge to just start grabbing games like journey and whatnot.
Posted Image

#7670 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

That is correct.

I really hope not, I have beaten already both and I was not really that impressed with the story mode. IMHO they can't hold a candle to the Bioshock or Call of Duty series story mode.
Posted Image

#7671 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

so the sale on the PS Vita anniversary games and the Gamers Choice winners end with tomorrow's psn update correct? I want to buy GTA San Andreas and a couple of other games but the store is under maintenance right now and it won't let me sign in.

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#7672 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

March 12 most likely.

Why do you think the MLB12 Vita sale may end on March 12? If they are doing "new deals each week" wouldn't it end on 3/5 when the next set of deals come out? I guess we may know more details later today, but if someone is on the fence, they may want to decide soon just in case...

#7673 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

so the sale on the PS Vita anniversary games and the Gamers Choice winners end with tomorrow's psn update correct? I want to buy GTA San Andreas and a couple of other games but the store is under maintenance right now and it won't let me sign in.

Yes to both. There'll be a different set of Vita games on sale starting tomorrow when the store updates.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7674 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

If the ad banner is to be believed we will have a new set of vita deals this week.

#7675 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Maybe the shooter is Deux Ex? I mean, it's not really a classical "shooter" but just a guess. Anyway, we should know in a few hours.

As for the Vita sales, I bought the games I wanted (Super Stardust and Hustle Kings) last night, just in case they do disappear tomorrow.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#7676 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Maybe the shooter is Deux Ex? I mean, it's not really a classical "shooter" but just a guess. Anyway, we should know in a few hours.

I hope so!
Posted Image

#7677 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Fits the pattern of old EU+ rehashes, but I doubt it. In that vein, if they wanted to blow us away, maybe Dishonored, but that's too big a stretch, I'm sure. Looking forward to either the standard weekly disappointment or the rare wow.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#7678 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Excited for ps+ drop all at once! Preventse from accidentally buying something only to have it go free a week later

#7679 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Maybe the shooter is Deux Ex?

Hope not. FPSs control like complete ass with a controller.

#7680 rpg

rpg

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

More PS Vita Anniversary Deals This Week, Including New Free Games

The promotion starts tomorrow and runs through March 11th.

Here are the free games we’re giving away for PS Vita:

Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
Patapon (PSP)
Piyotama (PSP)
Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

Here are the PS Vita games that are on sale for a 30% discount. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get 50% off:

Army Corps of Hell
Big Sky: Infinity
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Dokuro
DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT
Knytt Underground
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes French
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Orgarhythm
Pure Chess
Retro City Rampage
Sine Mora (with Trial)
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter X Tekken
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

We also added a few more games to the sale, with the following discounts as noted:

FIFA Soccer 13 (30% off)
Madden NFL 13 (30% off)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath (25% off) (New patch details here)

http://blog.us.plays...new-free-games/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif