Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#8311 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Not sure what any of those games are but nice to see another round of imports coming. And Kessen 2.

#8312 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

This mantra has recently hit me. I have so many games in my backlog including FF4 through 9, FFT, Wild Arms, Grandia and other RPGs. Hell, I still have Oblivion, GTA4, Arkham Asylum and City wrapped in plastic.

I think I may have a problem. I can play max 2 hours per week if I'm lucky and some weeks I don't play at all. I will never finish these games EVER. And I bought GTA:SA last week. I probably should just delete this site.

I sense that we are kindred souls. I contemplate quitting CAG and spending money on gaming in general every few months but never do.

#8313 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment will be made playable/downloadable on PSP & Vita this Tuesday.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8314 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

Anyone download Pure Chess for Vita and want to play some matches? Add me or let me know on here.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#8315 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Besides affa, I don't think anyone has said anything bad about Knytt. Definitely go with that, Big Sky Infinity didn't do anything for me.

Big Sky Infinity was a big pile of shit to me.

#8316 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

So what exactly is "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World Ultimate Edition"? Perhaps the game with all the DLC combined for a discount?

Ultimate Editions on PSN are bundles with the full game with all of the DLC for a bit cheaper than buying them separately.

#8317 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Just upgraded my PSP firmware for the first time in forever, for the free games.

And now I remember the days when a 4 GB memory stick was considered huge... looks like I have a lot of game-swapping ahead of me. I just wish the PSP games didn't clutter up my PS3 menu so much.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#8318 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

Just upgraded my PSP firmware for the first time in forever, for the free games.

And now I remember the days when a 4 GB memory stick was considered huge... looks like I have a lot of game-swapping ahead of me. I just wish the PSP games didn't clutter up my PS3 menu so much.

Throw all those PSP games into their own album.

#8319 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

Throw all those PSP games into their own album.

That was my first thought too, but they are all bubbles (you know, how not-yet-installed games show up), and it doesn't seem to allow bubbles to be placed into albums. So now I have a bunch of bubbles between the game disc menu option and my downloaded game albums, heh.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#8320 J7.

J7.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

That was my first thought too, but they are all bubbles (you know, how not-yet-installed games show up), and it doesn't seem to allow bubbles to be placed into albums. So now I have a bunch of bubbles between the game disc menu option and my downloaded game albums, heh.

Doh, I foresee having the same future problem.

#8321 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

Lol, The never ending battle, Gamer vs. Backlog! FIGHT!

On a serious note though I am trying to be a little bit more selective. One good question to ask yourself is "Am I only interested in this because it's cheap?". Even still I doubt I be without something to play anytime soon :)

I am being selective. It sometimes feels like cheap games just keep raining down from the sky. I still have Batman AC, Dance Central 3, Portal, Katherine, FFVIII and Suikoden which I got at ridiculously good prices. And now thanks to the GoD sale and this I have 3 Metal Gear games, Bioshock and now Wild Arms, Patapon and Patchwork Heroes. None of them are crap. Obviously not a bad problem to have, but can feel overwhelming.

Fortunately, the launch games for PS4 and the nex xbox are looking super bland so I think I'll have time to catch up.

#8322 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

I hope we get that $20 from the referral program within March. Would be nice to be able to spend it and get $10 back for every 50 spent.
Posted Image

#8323 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

I hope we get that $20 from the referral program within March. Would be nice to be able to spend it and get $10 back for every 50 spent.

Ditto

#8324 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Not sure if anyone would be able to answer this, but do PS+ subscriptions expire at midnight on their last day? I have a 1-month code and I'm thinking of using it Tuesday morning to take advantage of a few of the vita PS+ discounts before the store gets updated.

Fast forward 30 days I think it lands on another Tuesday, so if the subscription runs out at 12 midnight, would I theoretically be able to take advantage of any new PS+ discounts announced for that upcoming week starting after the store updates?

#8325 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Not sure if anyone would be able to answer this, but do PS+ subscriptions expire at midnight on their last day? I have a 1-month code and I'm thinking of using it Tuesday morning to take advantage of a few of the vita PS+ discounts before the store gets updated.

Fast forward 30 days I think it lands on another Tuesday, so if the subscription runs out at 12 midnight, would I theoretically be able to take advantage of any new PS+ discounts announced for that upcoming week starting after the store updates?

I'm sure someone on here knows, but why wouldn't you just start it up Wednesday to save yourself the risk?

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#8326 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

If your plus ends while you are playing a game will it kick you out of the game or just when you quit? My plus ends tomorrow and I want to finish bioshock 2.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."

#8327 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm sure someone on here knows, but why wouldn't you just start it up Wednesday to save yourself the risk?

Because I want to buy a few vita games from the current week's sale using the 50% PS+ discount. They should be good until Tuesday afternoon when PSN usually gets updated so I would activate PS+ and buy them on Tuesday morning.

Basically I'm just trying to increase my potential "weeks of deals" by 1 to maximize the chances of something I want coming up as a PS+ discount.

#8328 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

FYI, it says that Megaman X Maverick Hunter is only available for free for PlayStation Plus owners now. Damn it, I wanted some free Capcom love on my PSP Go!

#8329 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Because I want to buy a few vita games from the current week's sale using the 50% PS+ discount. They should be good until Tuesday afternoon when PSN usually gets updated so I would activate PS+ and buy them on Tuesday morning.

Basically I'm just trying to increase my potential "weeks of deals" by 1 to maximize the chances of something I want coming up as a PS+ discount.

Aren't the one month codes 30 days long?

#8330 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Aren't the one month codes 30 days long?

and 4 weeks is 28 days.....so you should have a day before new deals and a day after new deals, right?

#8331 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

If your plus ends while you are playing a game will it kick you out of the game or just when you quit? My plus ends tomorrow and I want to finish bioshock 2.

I'm guessing it kicks you out immediately. I got kicked out of Ratchet and Clank All 4 One in the middle of a game (it warned me that content was about to expire first) erroneously. My plus wasn't up, and I had played it for several hours already so I know it wasn't the one hour demo thing. Next day I turned it back on and it worked fine. It was very weird.

#8332 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Check the information for a PS+ game and it'll tell you the specific time of the day that your sub ends. It should end at the same time that you start it.

#8333 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm guessing it kicks you out immediately. I got kicked out of Ratchet and Clank All 4 One in the middle of a game (it warned me that content was about to expire first) erroneously. My plus wasn't up, and I had played it for several hours already so I know it wasn't the one hour demo thing. Next day I turned it back on and it worked fine. It was very weird.

Whats wierd about plus it the expire datetime is set on the game when you download it its not a system wide setting so say download a game and plus it set to expire next week then you add a year of plus games you all ready downloaded will still expire next week. If you redownload (via history) them the date is reset . Kinda stupid if you ask me should be a system wide setting.

Whats all so weird is when you add a session of plus it MOVEs all the plus downloaded titles up in you download history to the new subscribe date.

#8334 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

FYI, it says that Megaman X Maverick Hunter is only available for free for PlayStation Plus owners now. Damn it, I wanted some free Capcom love on my PSP Go!

Now? It's always been Plus only. That's how free games work, aside from these:

PSP - Check This Thread For Vita Compatibility Details
Patapon - Free - Available Only On Vita or PSP's PS Store *
Patchwork Heroes - Free - Available Only On Vita or PSP's PS Store *
Piyotama - Free - Available Only On Vita or PSP's PS Store *
Wild Arms

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#8335 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Whats wierd about plus it the expire datetime is set on the game when you download it its not a system wide setting so say download a game and plus it set to expire next week then you add a year of plus games you all ready downloaded will still expire next week. If you redownload (via history) them the date is reset . Kinda stupid if you ask me should be a system wide setting.

Whats all so weird is when you add a session of plus it MOVEs all the plus downloaded titles up in you download history to the new subscribe date.

How do you expect Sony to resolve it? You got to download something / patch something and it's impossible for them to know what, if anything you still have on the harddrive.

All that stuff is tied to plus, so rebuying counts as buying that stuff again. Though I always found it odd that they get listed in a new order.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#8336 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

How do you expect Sony to resolve it? You got to download something / patch something and it's impossible for them to know what, if anything you still have on the harddrive.

All that stuff is tied to plus, so rebuying counts as buying that stuff again. Though I always found it odd that they get listed in a new order.

I was just trying to explain to backlash how it worked. I dont know how sony would fix it. Maybe a licence update tool or a check psn for new plus date on launch if conneted? Its just a wierd design and you cant rebuy they stuff again for free cause some is no longer free you have to go to your download history.

#8337 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

FYI, my LittleBigPlanet 2 had an expiration date of around Feb 26, 2013. I noticed this on March 3rd or so, after having already reupped my PS+ sub. So rather than redownloading the game, I just attempted to play it again. It let me start it and get to my pod, at which point I quit the game and checked the expiration date again. It had updated to May 31st, 2014.

#8338 filmthedead

filmthedead

Worse Than Furries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Wish I had tried that on Darksiders and Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition rather than just assuming I had to redownload them because of what I read here.

#8339 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

FYI, my LittleBigPlanet 2 had an expiration date of around Feb 26, 2013. I noticed this on March 3rd or so, after having already reupped my PS+ sub. So rather than redownloading the game, I just attempted to play it again. It let me start it and get to my pod, at which point I quit the game and checked the expiration date again. It had updated to May 31st, 2014.

Cool then it sounds like its been fixed that did not used to work. :D

#8340 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

For anyone that may be interested, I will be streaming some MLB 13 in a little bit right here.