Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9031 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Both Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Power Stone Collection on sale? Damn, should've waited.

#9032 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

As someone who has never played a Persona game, is it better to go with P3P or P4G? I am a little daunted by the sheer number of gameplay elements and I'm having a hard time figuring out which would be a better starting point for a series newbie.

Definitely p3p first, though if you don't mind playing on a console, get P3FES - huge section of post-game content - 30+ hours for some. P4G is one of two games I got a Vita for initially, and i'd recommend you play some version of p3 first.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9033 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

Is Ateiler Totori Plus worth getting? I know nothing about the Atelier games.
Posted Image

#9034 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

As someone who has never played a Persona game, is it better to go with P3P or P4G? I am a little daunted by the sheer number of gameplay elements and I'm having a hard time figuring out which would be a better starting point for a series newbie.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, the mechanics are well-explained and the game may seem daunting at a glance, but really isn't so complex. Even so, I think P4G feels like a much more complete game; P3P has some shortcomings from having been a PSP release.

Atelier Totori was a nice surprise this week. I told myself I'd buy it when it came out, but I expected a Fall or Winter release date. Definitely buying this, totaling up to $60 spent this month. Might actually get to $100 by the end of the month. :bouncy:

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#9035 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Do you like fetch quests? Because that's all it is.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#9036 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Do you like fetch quests? Because that's all it is.

I think that's an gross over simplification.

It's like saying Borderlands is just about shooting dudes.

I already commented on what I thought about Totori having played it on PS3 if you want to take a look but long story short, I recommend it to JRPG fans in general.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#9037 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

No substantial PS2 price drops? Dues need to be paid! Seriously though, the Capcom PSP deals are impressive.

Is Darkstalkers: Chaos Towers worthy of a play?

#9038 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'm just more or less curious if theres a chance for a physical release still. Overall, just seems odd they literally just ninja'd the game on to the store. Swear my wallet is getting killed this week

The add-ons for Totori Plus still seem worth it though, plus that free DLC that looks to be exclusive to launch (It was in Japan according to sites)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9039 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

Sad to see digital copies of DoA 5 + don't get the cheerleader costume. Not saying I am a perv, just got to love freebies. Does anyone know if the paradise bundle is messed up? It says I purchased that one, yet I don't have paradise, nor do I have it in my download listing or is it listed for free. Also the game install size is 1:1 with the standard Vita game.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9040 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

I don't know what you're reading that said Dead or Alive 5 was coming to PS+ this week. They've been very clear about what games were coming to PS+ this month, so there's no reason to think that anything else is coming instead.

He was thinking of PS+ Europe. They got it for free this week, which I honestly am surprised by since it only came out in November, I think. Not to be confused with the updated version just released for Vita.

#9041 HotJuicyBurgers

HotJuicyBurgers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Anyone have opinions for the psp port of persona 2?

#9042 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

It might be a good idea for those that want to get The Cave as quickly as possible to start downloading the demo now so you can just grab the unlock key when the PS Store is updated.

Am I missing a strategic move? Is there any signifcant benefit/planning/glitch by doing this?

#9043 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Persona 4 Golden would be the better starting point, as they've done a good job with adding new features to streamline certain aspects of the game and the easier difficulties that are available are good for newbies since they make the combat a bit easier to handle.

With respect, I disagree. Persona 3 is my first and only Persona game, however it's an amazing entry to the series and well worth the $10 price of admission. Hell, It's one of a handful of games I'd pay $50 for and be very, very happy about.
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#9044 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

He was thinking of PS+ Europe. They got it for free this week, which I honestly am surprised by since it only came out in November, I think. Not to be confused with the updated version just released for Vita.

Yup, it's free with EU plus and was assumed to be the fighting game that turned into Tekken 6 this month.
Actually it came out in September and not really that shocking. Sales have been fairly low and MSRP is like $30 dollars at the moment. We've already seen @gamer discount it down to like $20 (maybe less), so it's quite similar to Spec Ops in this regard. They probably gave it away to get hype for the Vita version and more importantly have an active online for it. Lot easier to sell the Vita version when someone is playing, than when no one is xD.

Am I missing a strategic move? Is there any signifcant benefit/planning/glitch by doing this?

Glitch? Wow... it's just common sense. If you really want to play, it's faster to download the game (demo) prior and then get the key when the store updates. This way you will have most of it done prior to Sony updating the store and will leave you with a file under 1 mb to download vs 1.2 gb or whatever.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9045 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Was it really $20 with an @Gamer coupon? I think you're thinking of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, which is on sale for $20 with coupon. Everyone seems to be confusing Tekken with DOA and vice-versa. Doesn't matter - the fighting games renaissance seems to be over now.

#9046 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

With respect, I disagree. Persona 3 is my first and only Persona game, however it's an amazing entry to the series and well worth the $10 price of admission. Hell, It's one of a handful of games I'd pay $50 for and be very, very happy about.

I never said Persona 3 Portable was a bad game nor a bad place to start nor not worth the $10.

Either game would be perfectly fine for newcomers, but I think Persona 4 Golden would be a better place to start since I've played both and have seen what both bring to the table.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#9047 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Is playing the first Atelier game required to fully enjoy Totori?
Posted Image

#9048 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Glitch? Wow... it's just common sense. If you really want to play, it's faster to download the game (demo) prior and then get the key when the store updates. This way you will have most of it done prior to Sony updating the store and will leave you with a file under 1 mb to download vs 1.2 gb or whatever.

Ok. Just checking. I actually just like the demo and unlock key next to each other in my download list. I also download in background while shopping, lol.

#9049 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

I liked what I played of it. While it isn't P3, you can tell it is its ancestor. It has its share of quirky main characters.
Posted Image

#9050 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

I'd like to know this as well, though I'm sure I'll buy it just so I can say I've played all the main Persona games, particularly on PSP/Vita.

I never said Persona 3 Portable was a bad game nor a bad place to start nor not worth the $10.

Either game would be perfectly fine for newcomers, but I think Persona 4 Golden would be a better place to start since I've played both and have seen what both bring to the table.

I gotta agree. While P3P is a great game & worth the price, after playing P4G, it feels like a huge downgrade with all the additions, changes, & upgrades that were done from P3 to P4 to P4G. Not to mention it was weighed down due to the PSP's limitations, so some stuff was toned down, mainly no animated scenes or character models on screen, which can make it feel like a visual novel at times (not exactly a bad thing, but still, a downgrade compared to the PS2 versions). Meanwhile, P4G pretty much kept everything but with tons more content.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9051 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

It's a big improvement over the original, which I still liked despite the issues I had with some of its more archaic mechanics. They've done a great job of bringing the visuals and all that up to spec like they did with the original game. There's not much in common between it and the two latest games in the gameplay department, but it's still a good RPG from that era that Persona 3/4 fans should be able to find some enjoyment there.

#9052 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

I gotta agree. While P3P is a great game & worth the price, after playing P4G, it feels like a huge downgrade with all the additions, changes, & upgrades that were done from P3 to P4 to P4G. Not to mention it was weighed down due to the PSP's limitations, so some stuff was toned down, mainly no animated scenes or character models on screen, which can make it feel like a visual novel at times (not exactly a bad thing, but still, a downgrade compared to the PS2 versions). Meanwhile, P4G pretty much kept everything but with tons more content.

I didn't have any issues with that nor think it's really a big deal for newcomers. I'd say that the game basically having just one dungeon that you run through over and over again to progress through the story is a big detractor that makes the combat more of a drag than it is in Persona 4. In P4G, they divided it up into a number of different dungeons with a unique look for each that at least gives you some visual variety and they're a bit shorter to make it easier to enjoy them.

#9053 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I tried getting into the remake of the 1st Persona, but couldn't due to the weird gridlike movement at times and navigating through dungeons/areas in first person was annoying. Wanted to make sure that stuff didn't return in P2.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9054 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Persona 2: IS is pretty good as a sequel to the first Persona in terms of gameplay, and IMO the story is pretty great. It is still somewhat dated compared to the newer games, though, but if you enjoy RPGs from that era there's no real issue. If you enjoyed P1, you'll probably like P2 as well or better.

Honestly, this sale couldn't have come at a better time; I just sold my PSP and Persona 2 recently, and with Eternal Punishment out on PSN now I was contemplating buying both to put me right about at the $50 mark. With this sale there's no real reason not to pick up all of 1-3, just so all the main games are more or less playable on my Vita (still irked about a lot of the content P3P is missing, especially The Answer).

#9055 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Is anyone having trouble logging into the store? Keeps saying theres an error and then doesnt allow me to do anything but turn off my ps3.

#9056 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

i really liked some of the earlier entries, though i never beat them... having them on a portable might help in that dept. there's an extremely deep alchemy/crafting system which, if you're into that sort of thing, you'll likely love. it's been awhile since i played one, but if i remember correctly you were going through school learning how to craft, going on missions to grab key ingredients, etc. combat was fun enough. i got a little overwhelmed by the crafting system, but that's not a criticism of the game -- it was definitely well designed and explained (i just got ocd about wanting to make everything, which burnt me out).

#9057 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

persona 2 is essentially the battle system of 3/4 without social links, correct? because if so, that sounds amazing (i quit both 3 and 4 due to hating the social aspect).

#9058 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Is anyone else having problems accessing the store I tried deleting it and i just wont let me access it.

#9059 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

No, P2 is more akin to the battle system of P1 except a little more refined.

#9060 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

Is anyone having trouble logging into the store? Keeps saying theres an error and then doesnt allow me to do anything but turn off my ps3.

I am having trouble logging in on PC. Haven't tried on my PS3.