Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9061 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

Is 9.99 the normal cost of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment? Isn't listed as a discounted price but feels low.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#9062 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

No, P2 is more akin to the battle system of P1 except a little more refined.

hm.. i only have 3/4 as reference, so unfortunately i don't know exactly what that means. i guess i can wait for a better price, i'm not low on games right now.

#9063 Markew001

Markew001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

Is anyone having trouble logging into the store? Keeps saying theres an error and then doesnt allow me to do anything but turn off my ps3.

I've been unable to log in via Vita for the past hour.

#9064 hubb

hubb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Is 9.99 the normal cost of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment? Isn't listed as a discounted price but feels low.

Yes I believe it is. Reason being, it is a ps1 game so it follows the pricing of those. At least I think none of them go over 10 dollars.

#9065 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Ok, I was just saying to myself this afternoon that I might import Totori Plus. Now I'm wondering if there's still going to be a physical release or if digital will be the way to go on this one.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

This post is dedicated to them girls who let me flop around on top of them

#9066 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Also, am I the only one who finds it hilarious that through all the complaining about the Vita's relatively lacking library Tecmo-Koei had the balls to release a full-price Vita game without so much as an announcement that it was even being localized?

#9067 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

persona 2 is essentially the battle system of 3/4 without social links, correct? because if so, that sounds amazing (i quit both 3 and 4 due to hating the social aspect).

Not really. It's basically an improvement of the original's battle system with the movement stuff removed. There's a big emphasis on talking to persona to convince them to give you their cards so you can fuse persona in the velvet room, which is the biggest difference between the two. The game doesn't make an effort at all to let you know weaknesses of enemies and what conversation points they like or hate, so it is sort of a trial and error battle system in that way.

In the general RPG sense where you give party members commands and try to hit enemy weakness for bonus damage, they're similar, but that's a Shin Megami Tensei thing in general.

#9068 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

so basically, if you don't have a vita, the best game to get into is persona 3 as the other 2 have an archaic system? I guess since you say they are on sale on the time, I could buy one of them, and then if I like it, buy another next time they are on sale.

If I would of known they were going to have this great capcom sale I would have waited on picking up I am Alive until it was cheaper on steam.

Guardian_owl.png

#9069 pummy84

pummy84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

Persona 3 Portable half off? SOLD!

Also tempted to go for a digital copy of Golden, and sell my physical copy.

#9070 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

I think that's an gross over simplification.

It's like saying Borderlands is just about shooting dudes.

I already commented on what I thought about Totori having played it on PS3 if you want to take a look but long story short, I recommend it to JRPG fans in general.

I'm not saying it as a bad thing, but that's really the main part of the game. Getting requests then going and getting materials to complete them.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#9071 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

Sweet just got off work can't wait to play the Cave :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#9072 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Owners of the PS3 version of Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken can now get the Vita version for $5.99:

https://store.sonyen...MS0000000000001

Edit: Or maybe not. It's not letting me add it to the cart.

#9073 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

wow, all these sales combined with PS+ makes me really wish I had a PSP
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#9074 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Anybody having issues getting Kat in Hot Shots? I downloaded the DLC, but don't see her in my character list. Is there any preresiquites for having her unlocked?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#9075 FEGuy

FEGuy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

Owners of the PS3 version of Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken can now get the Vita version for $5.99:

https://store.sonyen...MS0000000000001

Edit: Or maybe not. It's not letting me add it to the cart.

That's just the PS+ sale price, isn't it? Or are you not a PS+ subscriber?

#9076 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

That's just the PS+ sale price, isn't it? Or are you not a PS+ subscriber?

Before, owners of the PS3 version only had the option to buy it for $7.99 despite the PS+ sale, but now it seems like they're fixing the price for us.

#9077 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

I was gonna get the whole Hot Shots Golf DLC pack but there's no trophies, so I just got Kat and I think she's probably gonna be the best character of the game.

#9078 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

wow, all these sales combined with PS+ makes me really wish I had a PSP

Go on Craigslist or even poke around on CAG, I bet you find one for pretty cheap. In the meantime, snatch up $5 games and when you finally find one you'll have gotten in on the sales.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#9079 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

so basically, if you don't have a vita, the best game to get into is persona 3 as the other 2 have an archaic system? I guess since you say they are on sale on the time, I could buy one of them, and then if I like it, buy another next time they are on sale.

I enjoyed both Persona 1 and 2 on PSP but then again I grew up on those games. I feel like they are a tough sell to those who don't like old school JRPGs. I would generally tell people if you have any doubt that you would be interested in them, you probably won't be. Skip straight to P3P.

Also, Tekken 6 is very, very nice on Vita, especially considering it was designed for a system that's not even as powerful as the ancient PS2.

#9080 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Am I the only one who can't get to the store from my vita?

#9081 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Go on Craigslist or even poke around on CAG, I bet you find one for pretty cheap. In the meantime, snatch up $5 games and when you finally find one you'll have gotten in on the sales.

which model would you say is best? And what would be a decent price for it? I really haven't been keeping up with the PSP, because it always seemed rather expensive
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#9082 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Am I the only one who can't get to the store from my vita?

I can't get on the store on my ps3 or my vita currently. Was on it earlier and downloaded the ps all stars patch though.

#9083 FEGuy

FEGuy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

which model would you say is best? And what would be a decent price for it? I really haven't been keeping up with the PSP, because it always seemed rather expensive

If you're just looking for downloadable games, the PSP Go has the advantage of 16GB of internal memory but lacks a UMD drive and has a slightly smaller screen (3.8" vs 4.3"). The 2000 and 3000 slim models are slimmer than the original and have more RAM as well as component TV-Out but none of the standard models have built in memory, which means your best bet for storage is looking for an M2 card with a Memory Stick adapter (you can get a microSDHC to Memory Stick adapter too but they're a bit flakier).

I can't really gauge a good price, though. I paid $90 for a modded 2000 in good shape with a handful of games and a 2GB memory stick, but that was back in 2009; I don't really know the going price now. I only sold mine for $50; even though it still worked fine it was beaten all to hell by the time my little brother was done with it.

You can also get a Vita off Cowboom for $120ish, but obviously that'll only play digital games and their proprietary memory card prices are hell.

#9084 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

anyone else can't connect? says there is maintenance

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#9085 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Its working for vita.

Is Nun Attack worth $3?

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#9086 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

I could of sworn I heard that Rocketbirds was in line to be free for PS+ somewhere...

#9087 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

No, it's on sale for PS+ members.

#9088 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

I'm so torn on whether or not I should buy Monster Hunter.

#9089 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

I'm so torn on whether or not I should buy Monster Hunter.

Do it, you can easily get 200+ hours of play out of it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9090 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

Its working for vita.

Is Nun Attack worth $3?

Downloading right now. Will update with impressions. For $3 I wont have serious regrets. I've spent more on complete junk.