Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#9151 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Edit: My bad.

Edited by 11440, 20 March 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#9152 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Details about the butchered PS1 localization here

They're talking about Persona 2: EP, not Persona 1.

Atlus included a guide with their announcement post about localization mistakes in EP.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#9153 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

http://community.us..../thread-id/1684

Morgan and the PS Store team are working on the Rocketbirds Vita/PS+ issue for owners of the PS3 version.

#9154 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Really enjoyed p3p a few months ago. Does anyone think the price will be beatable for p4g in the near future?

#9155 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Atlus sent an e-mail stating that P4G will be $30 for 2 weeks, & this includes physical copies. I can confirm that GameStop & Amazon are selling it for $30 as well, so if you prefer physical over digital, then you can still save some money. Not sure if the other Persona games will be on sale for that long.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9156 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken will be on sale for two weeks:

Ratloop Asia announced today that its cinematic platform adventure game, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, is on sale for PlayStation®Plus members from March 19 to April 2, 2013.

#9157 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

http://community.us..../thread-id/1684

Morgan and the PS Store team are working on the Rocketbirds Vita/PS+ issue for owners of the PS3 version.

Thanks Frisky. Never would have found that, I did not know there was a PS+ Support thread on those forums.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9158 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

I was able to add Rocketbirds to my cart for $5.99, so looks like it's fixed now.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#9159 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Oh shit, might have to pick up Power Stone Collection for my PSP go.

Also:

1) Am I crazy or was there a Hot Shots bundle up? (Tennis & Golf) I can't seem to find it.

2) Is there anywhere I can view a history of PSN sales? I'm curious what I've missed due to my inattentiveness.

oIi9lub.png

#9160 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

OPEN ME! for Vita is coming to NA.

#9161 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

http://www.cheapassg...isplay.php?f=93

If anybody here missed it like I almost did, the Cheapy awards are now live and are taking nominations.

#9162 Wheeliedude

Wheeliedude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'm trying to add The Cave and Tekken 6 to my download list via the webstore, but they show up as full price in my cart, despite their listings saying Free (for Plus).

#9163 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

nun attack -- 2.99

this is a faster paced battleheart clone. by this, it means you have units on the field, and can select one and drag to move, or select one and drag to attack, or use special powers that regen over time. battleheart has 4 teammates on the screen at a time, this has 2 (from a selection of 4) but i'm still early on so this may change -- but the faster pace of this game may mean 2 is it (since 4 might get hard to manage).

it's fun enough so far -- it's clear they rebalanced to remove IAP grinding, which is nice, though the upgrade system still has that 'feel' to it.

character customization isn't as deep as battleheart and some clones -- so far, i'm not seeing any huge skill tree, but i may be wrong. you do find weapons (a fixed progression, each of which can be upgraded many times), and there are universal miracles (that have limited charges and must be rebought -- charge count is persistant and does not come back per battle). an example miracle is 'heal all'.

some niceties that have occurred in battleheart clones (such as auto-attack) aren't here, but so far that hasn't been an issue.

oh, and there's a metagame where you need to get to each combat in a map world and can find treasure. it's neither a plus nor minus.

i miss a deeper inventory system with a more robust selection of upgrades, but i can get over that. for $3, i'd say it's worth it. it's a .99 cent ipad game with all IAP removed, and it's a clone of a fun genre.

#9164 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Capcom Classics Collections on the Vita PSN store? I can search for Persona games fine, but I cannot find either of the Classic collections (Remixed or Reloaded).

Plus, it's really annoying that I can't see what's actually on sale without going to the PS blog. During the VITA anniversary sales, they had a little banner at the top that informed you which games were on sale, but I don't see that for this Capcom + Persona sale. Am I doing something wrong?
Posted Image

#9165 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Capcom Classics Collections on the Vita PSN store? I can search for Persona games fine, but I cannot find either of the Classic collections (Remixed or Reloaded).

Plus, it's really annoying that I can't see what's actually on sale without going to the PS blog. During the VITA anniversary sales, they had a little banner at the top that informed you which games were on sale, but I don't see that for this Capcom + Persona sale. Am I doing something wrong?

That's because they're not available directly on the PSN Store through the Vita. You have to purchase it through your PS3/PC, download it to your PS3, and then transfer it over to your Vita.

And I think the only reason that banner existed was because it was a exclusive Vita-only sale. If you have a PS3, it shows you all the current Vita sales on the PSN through there.

#9166 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

You can just use the links in the OP.

#9167 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Excited to get The Cave free. I wanted to play it but I wasn't in the mood to spend more than $5. Now I don't have to.

My GF is probably going to be jealous of me. First Ass Creed 3 for $25 on Steam and now The Cave for free. She really wants to play them, and hasn't bought them yet :lol: (she only has a 360).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#9168 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

They really need to work on getting those "playable on ps3" persona games on sale already

#9169 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Thanks everyone. Yep, I knew I could find the PSP game through the online web store, but I was just confused as to why Sony would not allow users to directly purchase them from the Vita store. Sometimes I worry that Sony isn't trying very hard at making this great system more palatable for people who don't browse these types of forums.
Posted Image

#9170 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Darkstalkers, Monster Hunter FU, Power Stone Collection, the Persona games, Street Fighter A3M, and Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins are all on the Vita store, so that's not the reason.

He's talking about finding the Capcom Collections, not the sale.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9171 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

Thanks everyone. Yep, I knew I could find the PSP game through the online web store, but I was just confused as to why Sony would not allow users to directly purchase them from the Vita store. Sometimes I worry that Sony isn't trying very hard at making this great system more palatable for people who don't browse these types of forums.

No problem at all. There are multiple PSP/PSone games that are playable on the Vita but can't be downloaded directly through the Vita. Sony is just weird. I suggest bookmarking this thread.

He's talking about finding the Capcom Collections, not the sale.

Thanks

I'm just pointing out which of the games are on the Vita store.

And I was talking about the games he specifically mentioned he couldn't find.

#9172 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

They need to be licensed again for sale on the Vita's PS Store along with being tested for compatibility, which some publishers have yet to do for some of their games. Those that are only playable via transfer from the PS3 have been tested but haven't been re-licensed for sale on the Vita's PS Store. They're not withholding them to be mean about it.

#9173 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

correction on nun attacks, it looks like you do unlock team slots.

#9174 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

32GB mem card now full.
to get P4G digital or retail?

Digital
- convenience, having all your games on the go
- works toward the "Spend $50, get $10 back"

Retail
- nice cover
- ability to resell the game in the future (and probably get the digital when it's cheaper)
- gives you more space on your memory card

I've been deliberating over this for awhile now

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#9175 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

32GB mem card now full.

Digital

Retail
- nice cover
- ability to resell the game in the future (and probably get the digital when it's cheaper)

i prefer digital, but i'd say if you're already a big fan of the series, just grab it digital. it's a good price, you're supporting the dev, and you'll be closer to getting $10 back.

if you haven't played persona before, then maybe grab the retail.

#9176 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

32GB mem card now full.

Digital

Retail
- nice cover

I would say that RPG's should always be digital. So much better for when you just want to pick up / play, versus a game like Little Deviants.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9177 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

nun attack -- 2.99

this is a faster paced battleheart clone. by this, it means you have units on the field, and can select one and drag to move, or select one and drag to attack, or use special powers that regen over time. battleheart has 4 teammates on the screen at a time, this has 2 (from a selection of 4) but i'm still early on so this may change -- but the faster pace of this game may mean 2 is it (since 4 might get hard to manage).

it's fun enough so far -- it's clear they rebalanced to remove IAP grinding, which is nice, though the upgrade system still has that 'feel' to it.

character customization isn't as deep as battleheart and some clones -- so far, i'm not seeing any huge skill tree, but i may be wrong. you do find weapons (a fixed progression, each of which can be upgraded many times), and there are universal miracles (that have limited charges and must be rebought -- charge count is persistant and does not come back per battle). an example miracle is 'heal all'.

some niceties that have occurred in battleheart clones (such as auto-attack) aren't here, but so far that hasn't been an issue.

oh, and there's a metagame where you need to get to each combat in a map world and can find treasure. it's neither a plus nor minus.

i miss a deeper inventory system with a more robust selection of upgrades, but i can get over that. for $3, i'd say it's worth it. it's a .99 cent ipad game with all IAP removed, and it's a clone of a fun genre.

Thanks for the mini-review! I was a huuuuge fan of Battleheart when it first came out, so I did eye this game a bit; but without a better means of character customization or even auto-attack, I'm not sure if I'd like it.
Posted Image

#9178 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

I always go retail whenever possible. Always.

#9179 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

For portables I say digital is better. That way you have your games with you always and no little cards to carry around and lose.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#9180 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Since you already missed the Solid Gold Edition, theres no reason not to go digital for P4. Vita is honestly the only system I don't mind paying near or full MSRP for a digital game.

And...I just realized Amazon and other retailers sell it for 30$ now too. In that case, I'd say it comes down to how big your memory card is.
Posted ImagePosted Image