Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#91 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Haha, why you applaudin that?

XBLA is easily my favorite part about owning a 360, there's tons of really good games (as there are on PSN as well).

Usually, I enjoy downloadable games way more than retail because there's so much more room for creativity. None of my friends IRL are like that though, so it's nice to know there are others out there like me. :)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#92 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

I'd make a Backloggery but it would take me longer to do so than it would to start up and beat something like Mark of the Ninja :bomb: my backlog is honestly in the four figure range

also I'm lazy :cold:

#93 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

XBLA is easily my favorite part about owning a 360, there's tons of really good games (as there are on PSN as well).

Usually, I enjoy downloadable games way more than retail because there's so much more room for creativity. None of my friends IRL are like that though, so it's nice to know there are others out there like me. :)

Wii-U might be in your future, then. Destructoid had an article about how developers will be able to set their own prices for games on the eShop versus having to charge premiums, and will be able to patch releases for free - two of the biggest complaints small developers have had about developing on PSN/XBL versus Steam. They'll also be able to put a game on sale when they choose, and we all know Nintendo is terrible about having sales on digital stuff.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#94 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Wii-U might be in your future, then. Destructoid had an article about how developers will be able to set their own prices for games on the eShop versus having to charge premiums, and will be able to patch releases for free - two of the biggest complaints small developers have had about developing on PSN/XBL versus Steam. They'll also be able to put a game on sale when they choose, and we all know Nintendo is terrible about having sales on digital stuff.

I'm pretty sure developers are free to charge what they want for PSN games, which is why we get games at weird prices outside of $9.99, $14.99, etc. that most are at.

#95 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

http://blog.us.plays...2-new-releases/

Here's The Drop for this week:

PS3

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale
- (Also on PS Vita/PSN Download) — PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is free-for-all brawler showcasing the best and brightest of PlayStation’s characters and worlds. From Kratos to Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth to Parappa the Rapper, Sony characters from all over the gaming spectrum are brought together in a fighting adventure that’s both easy to play, and hard to master. Take the battle online for competitive multiplayer action, or go head to head with a group of friends on the couch and prove once and for all who’s really the best!

Hitman: Absolution – Hitman: Absolution follows Agent 47, a cold-blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted — and now hunted by the police — he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world. Boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game design, Hitman: Absolution combines much-loved classic gameplay with features never seen before in the Hitman franchise.

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Also on PSN) – In Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, gamers will play as Mickey Mouse and for the first time ever, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit — Walt Disney’s first cartoon star — in an all-new adventure of creativity and discovery. The game returns Mickey Mouse and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit to Wasteland, an alternate world filled with 80 years of forgotten Disney characters and theme park attractions. Now, Mickey and Oswald must join forces as true partners — Mickey with his magical paint brush that wields paint and thinner, and Oswald with his powerful remote control that allows him to command electricity. Unleash the power of creativity in an epic battle to save this magical world of Wasteland and change it forever in this heroic adventure!

Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse (Also on PSN) – Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse utilizes the talented voice cast and writers, authentic humor and subversive spirit of the Family Guy series, giving fans a whole new way to interact with their favorite show. The game features a completely original story that sends the guys back through the Multiverse on a mission to stop Bertram. The game also featuers extra challenge levels, multiplayer maps, costumes and unlockable characters as well as a co-op mode.

Vita

Sonic & All-Stars: Racing Transformed (Also on PS Vita) – Sonic the Hedgehog and all the rest of SEGA’s great cast of characters hit the road again in this sequel to the hit racing game. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed offers convertible vehicles, brand new characters, and killer All-Stars moves! Following on from the huge success of Sonic & SEGA All-Star’s Racing, the characters now have their own unique transforming vehicles designed to take advantage of the varying terrain. The line-up on the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed grid sees SEGA favorites — including Sonic the Hedgehog, Dr Eggman and AiAi — return to battle against newcomers that include Gilius Thunderhead of Golden Axe and Vyse of Skies of Arcadia.

Persona 4: Golden (PS Vita) - Persona 4 Golden for PlayStation Vita offers an enhanced and expanded portable version of the highly acclaimed original! Visuals have been beautifully remastered to take advantage of the PS Vita’s crisp, vibrant 5″ OLED display. The game’s aural presentation is better than ever, with 1.5 times the voiced dialogue of the original release. A new online dungeon rescue feature allows users to call on other players for assistance when they are about to die in the TV world. Persona 4 Golden is also overflowing with new content: new Personas to collect; new story events along with an all-new character; stunning new anime cutscenes, which include a new opening animation with a new song from master composer Shoji Meguro; a host of fan-suggested tweaks and changes, and much more! Persona 4 Golden is far more than just a handheld version of an all-time classic: it’s the best way to experience it yet!

Jet Set Radio (PS Vita) – The government is attempting to silence the kids of Tokyo, but with their Overdrive Magnetic-Motor Skating Shoes, the cops will have to catch ‘em first. The Jet Set Radio program keeps the kids unified and inspired to fight for their rights of expression, which includes graffiti art. Grab your spray cans and design your own piece on one of the immense walls in the 3D, interactive city. You might be forced to protect your territory from adversaries that want to take over your neighborhood. Join up with like-minded hip individuals that will help you keep your area the way you want it. The cops will be after you too, so you’ll have to be quick. The 10 cartoon-style characters are pumped up with polygons so they come alive in 3D. Uniqueness is key to these kids and each character stands apart with exclusive abilities and style. They like to show off too, and with 18 missions, there’s plenty of time to impress. It’s fast, it’s fun, and it’s definitely funky.

PSN

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – An open-world action RPG, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is set in Amalur, a rich and deeply immersive world underpinned by 10,000 years history, created by 22 time New York Times bestselling author, R.A. Salvatore. Immersing players in a rich, living, breathing open-world dripping with magic and rife with danger, underpinned by strong storytelling, Reckoning lets players define their destiny as they engage in intense action combat while exploring the huge, vibrant and varied world of Amalur as envisioned by the visionary creator of Spawn and acclaimed artist, Todd McFarlane.

Designed by open-world RPG legend Ken Rolston, Reckoning offers players unparalleled choice in a world of infinite possibility. Together, the visionaries and development team behind Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are creating a game that aims to forever change the RPG genre.

Tom Clancy’s Endwar – From 2011 to 2014, the world enjoyed an unprecedented era of peace as enhanced defense technology eliminated the threat of nuclear war. It didn’t last. By 2020, constant depletion of resources has international tensions at a breaking point. One spark will ignite what no one thought could ever happen … a third and final world war. World War III comes to life in Tom Clancy’s EndWar.

Sine Mora (PS3/Vita) – Sine Mora is an innovative shooter which mixes traditional side-scrolling gameplay with unique time manipulation mechanics. Sine Mora takes advantage of the newest in 3D display technology to deliver an horizontal side-scrolling shoot-em-up experience unlike any other thanks to its unique twist on bending time.

F1 Race Stars – F1 Race Stars is a fast-to-the-fun arcade racing game for all ages featuring official FORMULA ONE cars, teams and circuits as they’ve never been seen before. F1 Race Stars will take players on a world tour of iconic FORMULA ONE locations, including Monaco, Silverstone and the new Circuit of Americas in Austin, Texas, recreated as fantastical racing circuits built for speed and wheel-to-wheel competition. Friends and family can share the fun too; F1 RACE STARS will deliver 4-player split-screen racing and 12-player competition alongside an extensive career mode featuring a number of Championships.

Clan of Champions – Clan of Champions is a hardcore multiplayer action game. You will choose from 3 different characters – human, elf, or orc – and take on missions, each of which is different in content and length. You can either play by yourself or with other players in co-op mode, and up to 3 players can play simultaneously online. There is also a 3 vs 3 team battle mode where you can fight with, and against, your friends. There will be a large amount of DLC for additional quests, items, and weapons for the future.

More PSN Downloads

Elminage Original (PSP/PS Vita)
Doom Classic Collection

Demos
DMC (Devil May Cry)
Sine Mora (PS3/PS Vita)

minis
Jetpack Joyride

#96 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

I think Sine Mora wins the week for me. I wouldn't complain if there was a day one discount, but I'm sure I'll buy it anyways. Definitely going to take the DMC demo for a spin too.

#97 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Hey guys so I was dumb enough and forgot that the coupon on @gamer expired yesterday. Any other good deals out there to get PSN+? I've been holding back on a Vita, but this coming deal seems like an excuse to jump on the Vita wagon. So I was wondering if there are other deals on the PSN+ subscription that anyone knows of

#98 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

I'm hoping for some KOA DLC sales soon. Was planning on starting that when I need a break from Star Ocean.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#99 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Just wrapped up Quantum Conundrum, really good game all around. Platforming can get a tiny bit frustrating at times, but it doesn't hold the game back much. I'm definitely interested in the DLC levels, I think I'll wait for a little while though to see if they pop up as PS+ discounts in the future.

EDIT: One other downside to the game is the terrible song that plays when you have it highlighted in the XMB.

Edited by tylerh1701, 19 November 2012 - 07:22 AM.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#100 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Just to let everyone know, Sine Mora is NOT a cross-buy title. You do not get the game for both platforms if you buy it once.

Source: http://www.psnstores...ross-buy-title/

#101 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

When would I be able to access ps+ from the vita? Today is the 19th, is that right?

#102 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

As soon as they put system software 2.00 up
Posted Image

#103 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

EDIT: One other downside to the game is the terrible song that plays when you have it highlighted in the XMB.

Just the opposite. That song is making me want to play the game even more. long live fluffy!

#104 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Just the opposite. That song is making me want to play the game even more. long live fluffy!

Agreed, that instantly put a grin on my face. I mean, they flipped a switch and happy was all of me.

#105 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Agreed, that instantly put a grin on my face. I mean, they flipped a switch and happy was all of me.

Indeed. Even my middle toe smiled.

#106 rpg

rpg

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Uncharted card game December 4 for $4.99 vita
I was hoping for a Uncharted Kart Racer. :cry:

Posted Image

http://blog.us.plays...ta-in-december/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#107 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

So instead of Un-Kart-ed, we get Un-Card-ed. Well, I've seen stranger spin-offs happen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#108 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Ahahahahah yes. I flip a switch, and fluffy is everything. :)

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#109 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

The browser will finally get multi-tasking in 2.00. I'll be able to look up walkthroughs without switching devices!
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#110 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

Oh sweet Uncarded is only $5? Unless there's microtransactions...hahahaha

#111 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Oh sweet Uncarded is only $5? Unless there's microtransactions...hahahaha

Well there's going to be DLC it even tells you in the trailer.

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#112 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

PS+ Update. Sega sale going on that discounts games & bundles for games + DLC. Also, Sonic 1 & 2 are free. Again.

I am SERIOUSLY tempted by that Hell Yeah bundle. $10.49 for the game AND both DLCs? That's less than the normal price for the game itself.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#113 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

PS+ Update. Sega sale going on that discounts games, DLC, & bundles. Also, Sonic 1 & 2 are free. Again.

I am SERIOUSLY tempted by that Hell Yeah bundle. $10.49 for the game AND both DLCs? That's less than the normal price for the game itself.

Wow, $12 for a year subscription of streaming music? That's a great deal for those of us who don't pirate music.

#114 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Wow, $12 for a year subscription of streaming music? That's a great deal for those of us who don't pirate music.

Thought that was a myth.

#115 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm assuming yes, but can I download the Vita games on my PS3? Just so I'll have them when I inevitably get a Vita.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#116 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

That's what Pandora is if you don't care about getting their Plus version...

#117 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'm assuming yes, but can I download the Vita games on my PS3? Just so I'll have them when I inevitably get a Vita.

Yes you can. Similar to downloading PSP games on PS3. Just download, then transfer them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#118 Relysis

Relysis

No Guns Next Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm trained to skim over things like Music Unlimited, but this is worth looking into. If the catalog is full and it truly does work over any device, this is a a deal worth considering.

#119 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Not only do I not pirate music, but I buy it too. Crazyness.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#120 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yes you can. Similar to downloading PSP games on PS3. Just download, then transfer them.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

453605.png
TheTsel.png