Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1411 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Vita's had this feature for a few months now...

Which games? The PS Blog says LBP2 is the first game to utilize this feature.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1412 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Vita's had this feature for a few months now...

Cross Play = Play against PS3 gamers on the Vita or vice versa.
Cross Buy = Get a digital copy of the Vita version with PS3 version purchase.
Cross Controller = 2 screen gameplay similar to Wii U gamepad.

I think your getting it mixed up with Cross Play. Cross Controller was just recently announced.

Edit: I also forgot Cross Save which allows you use the same save file on both systems stored in the cloud.

#1413 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Which games? The PS Blog says LBP2 is the first game to utilize this feature.

He's wrong, there isn't a single PS3/Vita game currently out that makes use of both screens for gameplay at the same time.

Up until today, there were only two games that I knew of that were going to support cross-controller and they were Guacamelee and the new Sly Cooper. So this LBP2 news is a pleasant surprise.

#1414 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

He's wrong, there isn't a single PS3/Vita game currently out that makes use of both screens for gameplay at the same time.

Up until today, there were only two games that I knew of that were going to support cross-controller and they were Guacamelee and the new Sly Cooper. So this LBP2 news is a pleasant surprise.

This is actually the first time I've ever heard of cross-controller support, so knowing that there are a few games ready to support it is pretty cool!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1415 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I think he's referring to remote play and games like God of War where you can play the PS3 game via the Vita. Now that I see these options, Sony really does have quite a few irons in the fire with Vita and PS3 cross-compatibility. Let's hope they can convince 3rd parties to utilize it and not make it an afterthought.

#1416 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Unfortunately, their track record for doing such is less than stellar. I'm looking at you, PS3D Monitor.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1417 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

i really dig the prinny game :applause:

Hand__Of__God.png

#1418 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

booo on them though for charging $5 for it instead of using it as a free marketing tool for the Vita second screen experience. I'm sure they're sick to death of giving stuff away, but if everyone thinks the next gen fight will be partially based on the second screen better to start now than too late.

If it's like all of the other big DLC for LBP games, you don't need to pay for the DLC to play the community levels using the new stuff. You do get the Media Molecule-made levels and the tools to make levels with the new features yourself, but it doesn't cost anything to check them out with what the users have made with it. That's how it's worked with all of the other DLC that has added big new things to the way levels are made (paint gun, water, Move controls, and probably Vita support).

That's sort of what this is saying, but it's not worded very well at all.

#1419 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Kinda off topic but didn't Dreamcast have something similar to a 2 screen gameplay? I remember playing some mini game on the memory card. I think it was sky of arcadia.

#1420 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Kinda off topic but didn't Dreamcast have something similar to a 2 screen gameplay? I remember playing some mini game on the memory card. I think it was sky of arcadia.

It had the VMU.

#1421 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'm currently building a Wiki Thread for the PS3 forum where we can document retail save compatability with PSN versions of those games, which is a lot more involving than I thought at first since there could be more SKUs than just the normal release that could all be different versions as far as saves are concerned. I'll post a link when it's ready, but this will be an interesting list to see how it evolves over time.

#1422 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hasnt sony been talking about cross controller since the psp? Lol about time. I remember the mgs4 rumor with psp being a controller.

#1423 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

vmu. like sonic chaos. i was two hours late.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1424 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals - Described as "Tons of Sales" and "More Than Could Fit On The Page" and "Maybe Dollar Games This Week or Next" and "Further Discounts for PS+"
Auditorium HD - Permanent Price Drop
Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock - Permanent Price Drop
Dungeon Hunter Alliance - Vita - Permanent Price Drop
Dyad
LocoRoco - Permanent Price Drop
Lumines Electronic Symphony - Vita - Permanent Price Drop
Magic Orbz
Papo & Yo Bundle - Game + Soundtrack
Sega Holiday Bundles

Games
Batman Arkham Asylum
Dogfight 1942
Heavy Fire: Afghanistan
Karateka
Labyrinth Legends
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Knytt Underground - Cross Buy
Zombie Driver HD

Minis
Hotel Mogul

Demos
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013
Dogfight 1942
Fuel Overdose
Karateka
The Unfinished Swan
When Vikings Attack

Add-ons
Dead or Alive 5
Jeopardy
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Sleeping Dogs
Wheel of Fortune

Music
Papo & Yo Soundtrack

Vita Games
Burn The Rope
Knytt Underground - Cross Buy
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath - $14.99
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Vita Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet

PlayStation Mobile
Cosmic Cleanup
I Will Be The God of the Forest
Tobibon

#1425 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Oh hell yes, Knytt Underground!! Anyone know how much it will be? My guess is $9.99.

#1426 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Sonic & All Stars for Vita you say? Hell yes. Guess I'm using some GameStop credit for that one. Now... Physical or digital?

#1427 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

Thanks Frisky. Already got a lot of the games you listed on sale (interest in the Lumines and Dungeon Hunter Price drops), but very interested to see what else we get. :) Lots of PSN exclusives on my want list.

If anyone wants a 1 month PS+ code here ya go

FQ36-MMN4-A5CD

I got this. Thanks very much! Haha turned automatic renewal right back on for me, so had to make sure to shut it off again.

#1428 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Lumines Price Drop !?
Finally !! game with out Platinum trophy should not cost 39.99
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#1429 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Lumines Price Drop !?
Finally !! game with out Platinum trophy should not cost 39.99

Why not?

I always find these comments especially interesting when they come from someone who doesn't have many trophies.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1430 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

Why not?

I always find these comments especially interesting when they come from someone who doesn't have many trophies.

I agree.

I rather the game not have pointless tasks or filling a list to give a platinum.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1431 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

Sonic & All Stars for Vita you say? Hell yes. Guess I'm using some GameStop credit for that one. Now... Physical or digital?

With the prices of memory cards, I'm going physical for the foreseeable future. It also allows the chance for re-sale.

I'm interested in what the price of Lumines might be and I wonder if the price drop on Doctor Who includes the Vita version.

#1432 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

I agree.

I rather the game not have pointless tasks or filling a list to give a platinum.

I hate that. I don't think I have a single platinum yet. I just get frustrated with tacked on objectives that only seem to be there so I spend another 200 hours playing a game I've already beat. That's just not going to happen....

#1433 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

I hate that. I don't think I have a single platinum yet. I just get frustrated with tacked on objectives that only seem to be there so I spend another 200 hours playing a game I've already beat. That's just not going to happen....

I've only got 3 - Lego Batman 2, LittleBigPlanet, and Walking Dead. Batman was really fun to collect all that stuff.

#1434 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

I've only got 3 - Lego Batman 2, LittleBigPlanet, and Walking Dead. Batman was really fun to collect all that stuff.

I only have... 71 :-#, though most aren't as bad as they might seem.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1435 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

i only have... 71 :-#, though most aren't as bad as they might seem.

:o

#1436 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

:o

Meh, Velo / RPG and that other person (blanking on their name) have more than me. Just saying most aren't as bad as they seem.

#1437 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Why not?

I agree.

I'm definitely on the other side of this. I really like trophies (I have over 2,000 plus another 4,000 Xbox Achievements) but I'm definitely not a completionist (only 8 plats, completion rate in the 40% range). As such, I prefer when a game has a platinum and a full trophy list. Even if I only 50% a game with a full trophy list, I'll end up with like 20 bronze and a couple silver, whereas a game like Lumines I'd probably only end up with 5-7 trophies from. For a $40 game, that's really a low amount of trophies to take away from it.

#1438 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

I would have more platinum's, but tend to try to filter through my backlog and get multiplayer stuff done on them. So I have quite a few I just have single player stuff to finish. Games having a platinum or the usual 12-14 trophies on PSN games have never bothered me. Developers decide what they want to put on there game. I just enjoy the challenges, but will never succumb to playing games just to boost my trophy count or PSN level. Every game I have bought have been ones I have wanted to play.

Everyone has there own reasons to like or dislike trophies. I just mind my own business, play the games, and enjoy the hobby.

RPGHope18.png

#1439 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

I'm definitely on the other side of this. I really like trophies (I have over 2,000 plus another 4,000 Xbox Achievements) but I'm definitely not a completionist (only 8 plats, completion rate in the 40% range). As such, I prefer when a game has a platinum and a full trophy list. Even if I only 50% a game with a full trophy list, I'll end up with like 20 bronze and a couple silver, whereas a game like Lumines I'd probably only end up with 5-7 trophies from. For a $40 game, that's really a low amount of trophies to take away from it.

My trophy card should show that I absolutely love trophies and I try to be a completionist, I just don't see how that should affect the price of the game.

But then again, I guess it helps that I don't really care about overall number of trophies and give more precedence to platinums and hard trophies. A 100% in Lumines is worth more to me than say a Sly 2 platinum (which I'm currently working on).

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1440 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

My trophy card should show that I absolutely love trophies and I try to be a completionist, I just don't see how that should affect the price of the game.

But then again, I guess it helps that I don't really care about overall number of trophies and give more precedence to platinums and hard trophies. A 100% in Lumines is worth more to me than say a Sly 2 platinum (which I'm currently working on).

I think this has to do with perceived value, since it implies it has more content. Many people hear no platinum (for a retail title, which is rare) and assume that the game doesn't have a whole lot to see / do, thus they believe it is worth less.

^ thats what I believe, though like I already said, I rather they keep it simple and not make a ton of overly easy or incredibly complex tasks to justify the platinum.