Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#1441 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

What are the (incredibly slim) odds Sony pulls another Jet Set Radio and makes Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed a part of the IGC next week?

Both games are by Sega and both have been delayed without explanation. JSR was offered on its release day.

Not having big hopes but I'd be majorly impressed if it was some sort of "holiday present" for Plus members.

Edited by Nohbdy, 14 December 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#1442 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

As much as I'd love for that to happen, the chances of that are very close to zero. One game is a digital rerelease of a Dreamcast game; the other is a full-fledged retail game with an expensive ad campaign, toy promotion, and Danica Patrick.

#1443 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

I would have more platinum's, but tend to try to filter through my backlog and get multiplayer stuff done on them.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm working through a massive backlog and as such by the time I get to a game with multiplayer trophies/achievements the multiplayer is either dead or full of cheaters. A few exceptions have happened. Like when I get a new game and force it to the front. I also just find that some of them (Collect a million things hidden around the world, Kill 10k of this type of enemy with this type of gun, play through this RPG 3 more times) to be really overkill.

#1444 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

http://blog.us.plays...-order-bonuses/

Pre-order Metro: Last Light on PSN, get an exclusive theme and Homefront for free. It probably includes the Limited Edition upgrades, as well:

The Metro: Last Light Limited Edition includes:

• Ranger Mode: The brutal and hardcore way to play Metro in complete immersion. That means no HUD, fewer bullets and deadlier weapons. This is the way Metro was meant to be played and is definitely not for the faint of heart!
  • Modified Russian assault rifle: Compact but deadly, the modified AKS-74U is the perfect weapon for the claustrophobic combat in the Metro.
  • Extra military-grade bullets: In post-apocalyptic world of Metro, military grade bullets are extremely rare, so much so that they’re used as the only currency by the surviving population. They’re coveted for their ability to deal high damage, but will you use them in battle or to purchase precious upgrades for your arsenal?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1445 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I'm the exact opposite. I'm working through a massive backlog and as such by the time I get to a game with multiplayer trophies/achievements the multiplayer is either dead or full of cheaters. A few exceptions have happened. Like when I get a new game and force it to the front. I also just find that some of them (Collect a million things hidden around the world, Kill 10k of this type of enemy with this type of gun, play through this RPG 3 more times) to be really overkill.

+1.

The only plat I have is for Walking Dead...but I'm currently at around 86% on the Vita version of Playstation All Stars so I will probably plat it too.

My problem is I will play a game like Assassin's Creed 3. By the time I spend 30 hours and beat the SP, I only dabble in the MP. Which is a shame cuz I really like the MP...but I have so many other games sitting there looking at me demanding that I give them my attention. Stupid needy backlogs!

#1446 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Wow alot of Trophy talking. I wanna get all the platinums on the few games I own for Ps3. But it will take me quite some time especially since I game on 360 WAY more. I have about 275 completions on 360. Just recently started a new PSN with the new AC vita I got recently. I had a question about PS+ if any of you could answer. So I know the games are mine as long as I pay for the membership but let's say they delist Gravity Rush or Uncharted next week from the free games but I keep paying for the subscription, do the games stay mine if I have already downloaded them until the sub expires?

512847.png

#1447 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Wow alot of Trophy talking. I wanna get all the platinums on the few games I own for Ps3. But it will take me quite some time especially since I game on 360 WAY more. I have about 275 completions on 360. Just recently started a new PSN with the new AC vita I got recently. I had a question about PS+ if any of you could answer. So I know the games are mine as long as I pay for the membership but let's say they delist Gravity Rush or Uncharted next week from the free games but I keep paying for the subscription, do the games stay mine if I have already downloaded them until the sub expires?

Yup. You can also let your subscription expire and then re-subscribe when you want to play them again (you lose access only temporarily when you're unsubscribed).

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#1448 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Yup. You can also let your subscription expire and then re-subscribe when you want to play them again (you lose access only temporarily when you're unsubscribed).

Thats awesome! Thanks for the fast reply too. So I can say I now have over ten vita games and have not had to pay for any of them out of pocket. Through games and the Vita I have gotten 6 months of PS+ free. Off topic but Im LOVING the vita. Its like the only handheld I have ever taken a strong liking to. Dynasty Warriors Next, Gravity Rush, LBP vita, and All Stars Battle Royale are all amazing games for the vita. And I can't wait to get Ratchet for the Vita soon.

512847.png

#1449 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thats awesome! Thanks for the fast reply too. So I can say I now have over ten vita games and have not had to pay for any of them out of pocket. Through games and the Vita I have gotten 6 months of PS+ free. Off topic but Im LOVING the vita. Its like the only handheld I have ever taken a strong liking to. Dynasty Warriors Next, Gravity Rush, LBP vita, and All Stars Battle Royale are all amazing games for the vita. And I can't wait to get Ratchet for the Vita soon.

just be careful when you delete a digital downloaded game because it also deletes the save. you have to upload the save to ps+ cloud if you have, or use content manager to backup the whole game.

#1450 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

just be careful when you delete a digital downloaded game because it also deletes the save. you have to upload the save to ps+ cloud if you have, or use content manager to backup the whole game.

Wow! so glad I read this. I was just about to clear some HDD space.

#1451 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Ya, this is quite the pain and a step back from the way they handled saves on the PSP.

Is there any way to directly access the cloud save system on the vita without waiting for it to do it automatically during the auto update phase?

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#1452 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Ya, this is quite the pain and a step back from the way they handled saves on the PSP.

Is there any way to directly access the cloud save system on the vita without waiting for it to do it automatically during the auto update phase?

Go to Content Manager, Cloud Storage, Copy Saved Data (PS Vita -> Online), Select what you want or All, Copy, OK, Done

#1453 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

You don't even have to download anything-- just add a game to cart, checkout, don't download, and it'll be in your history forever. That's how I deal with games I don't want right away or may never play at all...but I may as well put them on the list if they're free.

#1454 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

http://blog.us.plays...s3-accessories/

And starting on Tuesday, December 18th, a new PlayStation Store-exclusive bundle will combine Sports Champions 2 and Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest for just $29.99.

#1455 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

RAGE dlc next week $4.99

http://www.bethblog....(Bethesda Blog)

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Fibbage  $0.58 (PS3)

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#1456 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

RAGE dlc next week $4.99

http://www.bethblog....(Bethesda Blog)

Extended play sounds good but should have been free

#1457 esploded

esploded

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Apologies, this probably gets asked a lot. The first post doesn't seem to be fully updated.
Anyone know which games expire next week? I'm wondering when I should activate my one month PS+ trial.

#1458 Strange

Strange

Little Blimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Apologies, this probably gets asked a lot. The first post doesn't seem to be fully updated.
Anyone know which games expire next week? I'm wondering when I should activate my one month PS+ trial.

Games? Only Rochard.

#1459 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

They only tell you what's going to expire next week. Look for the "Last Chance" section under PS Plus in each week's store update.

For http://blog.us.plays...re-update-269/:

Last Chance (Leaving on 12/18)
Discount – Sorcery
Discount – Puddle (PS3)
Discount – Puddle (PS Vita)
Instant Game Collection – Rochard
Posted Image

#1460 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Check the OP again.

#1461 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

http://blog.gamer20....15-at-2-pm-est/

The SmashPad Streamkend stream for tomorrow will feature a number of my favorite PSN games of 2012, which includes the likes of Awesomenauts, Retro/Grade, Tokyo Jungle, Sound Shapes, Zen Pinball 2, Rock Band Blitz, and maybe some others. It'll begin at about 2 PM EST, so I'll be sure to post again when that's a bit closer.

#1462 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Saw on a couple sites (Destructoid being one) that Munch's Oddysee is coming this month! EU 12/19, and NA "later." Only $9.99, so pretty cool. Love me some Oddworld!

Looks likes its coming for PS3 and Vita according to some sites. Doubt there will be cross-buy since Strangers Wrath didn't offer it.

Edited by captaintek3304, 15 December 2012 - 06:31 AM.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

My man Pharm fucks all night. Call him Super Mario, cuz he be layin' the pipe

#1463 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Saw on a couple sites (Destructoid being one) that Munch's Oddysee is coming this month! EU 12/19, and NA "later." Only $9.99, so pretty cool. Love me some Oddworld!

Looks likes its coming for PS3 and Vita according to some sites. Doubt there will be cross-buy since Strangers Wrath didn't offer it.

Sweet, been waiting forever for this. Hope "later" is "soon" for NA.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1464 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

SmashPad Streamkend will be starting shortly once I do a little housekeeping. As I mentioned before, this will feature a number of my favorite PSN games of the year (Awesomenauts, Retro/Grade, Tokyo Jungle, Sound Shapes, Zen Pinball 2, Rock Band Blitz, and maybe some others), so check it out if you're interested in seeing any of them in action.

#1465 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

any thoughts on class of heroes guys? I'm thinking of purchasing it from the PSN.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1466 WakYasuk

WakYasuk

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

yeah i think i am going to wait till next week to activate mine....not sure how rochard is.

#1467 esploded

esploded

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm going to have to wait as well. Hopefully it'll be worth it. I have finals next week anyways.

yeah i think i am going to wait till next week to activate mine....not sure how rochard is.

#1468 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Just picked up a clearanced vanilla Mortal Kombat from Target; are there any critical DLCs I should check out?

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#1469 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Just picked up a clearanced vanilla Mortal Kombat from Target; are there any critical DLCs I should check out?

I really like the classic-style costumes for the characters but they're obviously only cosmetic.

The four DLC characters are cool to varying degrees. I think the Freddy Kreuger one is pretty corny but the other three fit right it. That said, there's plenty to do in the vanilla game without spending any more money.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1470 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

I really like the classic-style costumes for the characters but they're obviously only cosmetic.

The four DLC characters are cool to varying degrees. I think the Freddy Kreuger one is pretty corny but the other three fit right it. That said, there's plenty to do in the vanilla game without spending any more money.

Freddy is the only reason I've held out this long