Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#121 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

That's what Pandora is if you don't care about getting their Plus version...

Pandora is more about making a personalized radio station. Sony Unlimited Music is more comparable with Spotify, which is the service I currently pay for. Both options let you make playlists of whatever music they have in their library. They allow you to listen to as much as you want with no limits, no skips (paid service). Spotify even has it's own "Pandora" built into their app. Wouldn't Netflix be another good comparison?
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#122 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Not only do I not pirate music, but I buy it too. Crazyness.

You sir, are a saint. Or just dumb;) . Whatever, I dont judge. After all, I like ponies, so I can't judge anyone anymore.

#123 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

judging by the blog comments, i'm the only person that's kind of excited about that uncharted card game. it's also going to get me back into playing the game on my vita. collecting artifacts gets me free cards? i think that's a great model, and more games need to use cross promotions like that. so, instead of paying for a dlc pack, i can just use my save from my game(which is a free game tomorrow) to get the bonus stuff.

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#124 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

it just hit me that 11/19 is monday... is this really the update day or is it tomorrow as usual?
Posted Image

#125 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

judging by the blog comments, i'm the only person that's kind of excited about that uncharted card game. it's also going to get me back into playing the game on my vita. collecting artifacts gets me free cards? i think that's a great model, and more games need to use cross promotions like that. so, instead of paying for a dlc pack, i can just use my save from my game(which is a free game tomorrow) to get the bonus stuff.

I'm semi-interested in the game as well.

it just hit me that 11/19 is monday... is this really the update day or is it tomorrow as usual?

The blog post says you can download the games tomorrow.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#126 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Wow. Why does Sonic 4 Ep. 2 absolutely REFUSE to go on sale? I'm pretty sure it's been on sale at least once on every other platform, but not PSN...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#127 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Morgan commented that the Vita update should be up around 9 PM PST.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Today or mañana

#129 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

PS+ Update. Sega sale going on that discounts games & bundles for games + DLC. Also, Sonic 1 & 2 are free. Again.

I am SERIOUSLY tempted by that Hell Yeah bundle. $10.49 for the game AND both DLCs? That's less than the normal price for the game itself.

Hell Yeah was a very enjoyable game, I picked it up via the CAG trade thread for 360. It is extremely linear, even though it looks like it could be an exploration game, it's not. The DLCs are just a skin pack and a pack of sub-missions, they're nothing special. Still, a pretty good deal for $10.49.

Nice to see Nights and Sonic Adventure 2 already half off, I'll probably pick up both of those. I think I'll pick up Sonic Adventure 1 + DLC as well, as I just traded in my Dreamcast Collection disc.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#130 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Today or mañana

Today.

& totally fine with Hell Yeah being linear. Interested in the DLC pack that has skins & such based on Sega characters.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#131 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Today.

& totally fine with Hell Yeah being linear. Interested in the DLC pack that has skins & such based on Sega characters.

Yeah, it just caught me off guard how linear it was, not that I was disappointed by that or anything.

Also, sounds like they are going to announce some Black Friday sales tomorrow, and PS+ will be getting extra "benefits" [for those games on sale]. Will probably be mostly full games [on sale], but still interested to see what we get [discounted] tomorrow.

Edited by tylerh1701, 19 November 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#132 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

$14.99 ($19.99 non-plus) for VF5:FS Complete Edition. Gimme gimme gimme

#133 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Oh, look! Another Sega sale. :roll:

Luckily I noticed the emerging pattern long ago so there'll be a few things I can pick up that I was holding out on. I'd advise against SA1, though. Unless it's purely for nostalgia's sake.

#134 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Just to be clear, the firmware update will be up around 9 PM tonight. The Plus update will be tomorrow when the store updates.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#135 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

Might have to buy Sega Rally also, for this:

#136 rpg

rpg

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Vita only) delayed till January 2013.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-781957

davey.gifGS Selling-LBP2 DC Dlc $2-R, Blacklist $5 -P-Amazing Spider-Man, Blackgate $6.67, Lords of Shadow 2 +Fate $10-P PM me insane.gif

rpg49ers.pngcolbert+excited.gif

sniper.gifPlaying: Ben 10: Omniverse 2

#137 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Vita only) delayed till January 2013.

http://blog.us.plays...#comment-781957

That's a shame, I pre-ordered the PS3 release just to get the Vita version.

#138 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

That's a shame, I pre-ordered the PS3 release just to get the Vita version.

You'll still receive the vita version, just not until next year.

#139 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

http://blog.us.plays...mes-to-ps-vita/

The full PS+ update for this week:

This is the week we’ve been waiting for as PS Vita officially joins the PlayStation Plus membership with the Instant Game Collection, which now delivers six PS Vita titles in addition to the lineup of 12 PS3 Games. Don’t forget that in addition to the free games that come with your membership, PS Plus also delivers PS Vita benefits such as discounts, online storage for game saves, Automatic Updates, and auto Trophy sync!

We’ve also got new PS3 free games for members, like the acclaimed Dungeon Defenders, great discounts on amazing games and a bonus PS Plus freebie! Read on to check out all the Plus content hitting this week when the PlayStation Store updates on November 20th.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or click here to get access.

November 20th PlayStation Plus Update

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

Uncover the dark secret behind the 400-year-old massacre of a Spanish expedition and follow the murderous trail of an ancient and secret Spanish sect. Undiscovered temple ruins, vast karst caverns of Central America, legendary lost cities, fantastic action sequences, and of course, Mr. Nathan Drake himself bring this complete Uncharted experience to PS Vita.

Gravity Rush (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

Gain a new perspective as you take on the role of Kat, a strong-willed girl seeking the means to protect her future in a world that’s crumbling to pieces. Taking gravity into your own hands to deliver devastating attacks, uncover the secrets to your past and explore a mysterious world. One of my personal favorite PS Vita games is yours to play free with PS Plus.

WipEout 2048 (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

With PS Vita’s enhanced controls – including front touch, rear touch, and six-axis motion sensors, this entry into the venerable WipEout series is one of the best. Optimized for 23rd century racing, you can compete with up to 8 other players on 10 new tracks. Don’t forget to stay on top of those online leaderboards too!

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

One of the most unique and hilarious PS Vita titles also happens to be one of the best. A side-scrolling puzzle-platformer about an ornery mutant blob that, after being held captive in a lab that can only be described as something out of a retro sci-fi movie from the early ’50′s, escapes into the world and sets out on a path to consume everything. Use touch and the motion sensor functions combined with traditional analog stick controls to defeat the pathetic humans. Eat your way to freedom. It’s that fun.

Jet Set Radio (PS Vita)

Free for Plus Members

Tag, grind, and trick to the beat in SEGA’s hit game Jet Set Radio on PS Vita. Free for PS Plus members the same day it releases; fight for control of Tokyo-to, mark your turf with graffiti, tag walls, billboards, and even rival gang members! Perform tricks and flips on magnetically driven in-line skates, but watch out for the local police force. They’re not nice.

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS Vita, PSP)

Free for Plus Members

Originally released in 1998 on the original PlayStation, this first tactical RPG in the legendary Final Fantasy series, enthralled fans around the world with its unique artistic style and intricate storyline, and it’s certainly one of my top favorites of all time. A sublime strategy experience with an ever engrossing job system, tactical battles, tens of hours of gameplay, and remastered from the original, yours free with Plus.

Dungeon Defenders (PS3)

Free for Plus Members

An addictive blend of Tower Defense and cooperative online Action-RPG, Dungeon Defenders gives players 4 distinctive classes to lead through action-packed combat while upgrading their statistics, gathering tons of loot and inventory items, customizing & upgrading equipment, and developing unique class abilities. Play it online co-op, or splitscreen, free with PlayStation Plus.

Limited Time Sale Offer: Music Unlimited Premium One Year Subscription

80% off the PS Store Special Price for PlayStation Plus members (PS Store Limited Time Sale price: $59.99, PS Plus Price: $12.00)

Music fans with a PS Plus membership: We’ve got an amazing deal on Sony Entertainment Network’s Music Unlimited service. For those unfamiliar, you can use your Music Unlimited premium subscription on a range of compatible devices including PS3, PS Vita, Android phones and tablets, iPhone and iPod touch and any PC. Choose any album or song from a catalog of millions. Never any ads or song skip limits. An annual subscription is valued at over $119, so at practically 90% off Plus members will get an amazing deal of a 1 year subscription for $12. This is a limited time offer so get it on the PS3 or PS Vita Store while you can!

Sonic Bundle: Sonic 1 + Sonic 2

Free for Plus Members

If you haven’t revisited these two Genesis classics in some time, or perhaps even better have never experienced them, you’re in luck! Plus members will be getting this Sonic Bundle which includes Sonic 1 and 2, free. Upgraded for a great look on an HD screen and PS3 Trophies to boot; see where one of gaming’s heroes got his start with this bundle.

Select SEGA Titles (aka more SEGA goodness)

Various Discounts

In case the Sonic Bundle above wasn’t enough, SEGA’s got more great offers on some of their more recent releases including NiGHTS into Dreams and a Hell Yeah Bundle (including the 2 Add-Ons), among other games. Check out the full list below.

Game - PSN Sale Price - Plus Sale Price
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete Edition - $19.99 - $14.99
Hell Yeah Bundle (Full game + 2 DLCs) - $14.99 - $10.49
NiGHTS into Dreams - $6.99 - $4.89
Jet Set Radio - $6.99 - $4.89
Sonic Adventure 2 - $6.99 - $4.89
Sonic Adventure 1 & DLC Bundle - $4.99 - $3.99
Sega Rally Arcade - $4.99 - $2.99
Space Channel 5: Part 2 - $3.99 - $2.99

Sorcery (PS3)

20% off for PlayStation Plus Members (Regular price: $19.99, PS Plus Price: $15.99)

Sorcery is a fast-paced action adventure where your PlayStation Move motion controller is transformed into a powerful magic wand, immersing players in a unique fantasy adventure like never before. As the sorcerer’s apprentice Finn, it is up to you to master the arcane arts and defeat the Nightmare Queen. PS Plus members who own Move owe it to themselves to check out this fantastic game at a great price.

That wraps it up for this week! PlayStation Plus will continue to grow and strive to be the best bet for gamers around the world, and your feedback is indispensable in that process.

In addition, with many new features hitting Plus and possible new members as well, we updated our PS Plus FAQ page as well. Visit it if you have any questions about your Plus membership.

Thanks for continuing to make your voice heard, and as usual, I’ll see you in the comments.
Get PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus Update 11-19-2012
Frequently Asked Questions

I pay for Music Unlimited using auto-renew every month. How do I go about getting the special offers?

With the 11/20 PlayStation Store update, there will be an option to purchase the one-year subscription, so you’ll need to select the one-year subscription package option to get the deal.

What time with the firmware update for PS Vita be live?

It will be live at approximately 9:00pm PST on 11/19. The Instant Game Collection for PS Vita will be available after the PlayStation Store updates on 11/20.

#140 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Glad the only thing I bought was tales from space and that was less than 4 bucks so no big loss

#141 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, it just caught me off guard how linear it was, not that I was disappointed by that or anything.

Also, sounds like there are going to announce some Black Friday sales tomorrow, and PS+ will be getting an extra "benefits". Will probably be mostly full games, but still interested to see what we get tomorrow.

Yikes, I think you read too far into his comment :oops:

"We’ll have some news on more sale goodness tomorrow, of which Plus members will be getting some extra benefits!" - Is all one sentence. So I think the second part is referring to PS+ gets an extra discount over PSN sale (50% off instead of 30% off, for example)

#142 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Also, sounds like there are going to announce some Black Friday sales tomorrow, and PS+ will be getting an extra "benefits". Will probably be mostly full games, but still interested to see what we get tomorrow.

They mentioned that sale on the PS Blogcast last week, but I guess that wasn't enough to make you believe it would happen. :cry:

#143 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

I just noticed the bit about music unlimited. That is a fucking ridiculous discount, lol. Why would they do that? Hmmmmm....I might be getting that.

#144 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Didn't notice that the browser improvement in fw 2.00 for vita is the ability to use it while in game. That's terrific!

#145 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Didn't notice that the browser improvement in fw 2.00 for vita is the ability to use it while in game. That's terrific!

Yea, I noticed that too. I won't have to use the Twitter link workaround anymore. Yay!

#146 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Dang, that's a steep discount for Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Set Radio, and Nights. Didn't they all come out in September and October? 50% off 2 months after release, I'd be pissed if I'd spent $30 on them all.

Obviously that's only for Plus members, but even the standard sale is surprising.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#147 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Yikes, I think you read too far into his comment :oops:

"We’ll have some news on more sale goodness tomorrow, of which Plus members will be getting some extra benefits!" - Is all one sentence. So I think the second part is referring to PS+ gets an extra discount over PSN sale (50% off instead of 30% off, for example)

Sorry for any confusion, but I think you may have read too far into my comment. I only posted that to mention that whatever sales they announce tomorrow, PS+ will receive extra "benefits" on those sales, which as you mention will probably be an additional 20% off.

Also, sorry for the multiple grammatical errors in that post. I had originally posted it in an even more confusing way, then went back and edited it to make it sound more comprehend-able, and apparently I still failed. I've edited it again, hopefully my intent is clear now.

They mentioned that sale on the PS Blogcast last week, but I guess that wasn't enough to make you believe it would happen. :cry:

I know that, that's why I specifically said "Will probably be mostly full games, but still interested to see what we get tomorrow." I don't listen to the blogcast, so I only go by what you and others post. I didn't notice anyone mention that the blogcast guys said there would be extra PS+ discounts on the Black Friday sales, so that's why I posted it.
Spoiler

#148 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

i saw your backloggery and wanted in on it. so far just got my psn list updated.
ill try to toss all my ps3 games on next. i dont even know if its worth it to post my gamecube/ps2 games, lol.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#149 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I know that, that's why I specifically said "Will probably be mostly full games, but still interested to see what we get tomorrow." I don't listen to the blogcast, so I only go by what you and others post. I didn't notice anyone mention that the blogcast guys said there would be extra PS+ discounts on the Black Friday sales, so that's why I posted it.

Spoiler

When do they have a major sale on the PS Store without PS+ bonus discounts? Especially when they did it for this same sale last year.

#150 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

So instead of Un-Kart-ed, we get Un-Card-ed. Well, I've seen stranger spin-offs happen.

Sounds okay to me. I like strategy games.