Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#151 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Pandora is more about making a personalized radio station. Sony Unlimited Music is more comparable with Spotify, which is the service I currently pay for. Both options let you make playlists of whatever music they have in their library. They allow you to listen to as much as you want with no limits, no skips (paid service). Spotify even has it's own "Pandora" built into their app. Wouldn't Netflix be another good comparison?

My understanding is that this is for the basic service which appears to be just like pandora. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt they'd discount the premium version to $1 a month.

#152 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Nice, free Sonic 1 and 2 in HD. Guess I can delete the Genesis versions that were free for PS+ a few months ago.

#153 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

from Morgan Haro on November 19th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:
It’s Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 from the Genesis days, so they’re’ the same games that were free a ways back ( I think about 1.5 years ago

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#154 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Nice, free Sonic 1 and 2 in HD. Guess I can delete the Genesis versions that were free for PS+ a few months ago.

Where did you get that idea?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#155 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hey guys, my friend wants to gameshare with me but I need to deactivate 2 ps3's first. First, what does deactivating to to your PS3. 2nd, how can you tell which PS3 is which? Thanks for the help.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#156 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

My understanding is that this is for the basic service which appears to be just like pandora. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt they'd discount the premium version to $1 a month.

I'd really like to know the answer to this. Searched their blog post but didn't see anyone ask the question. It's a good deal either way, but I probably wouldn't bother with basic. Something comparable to spotify, however, would be excellent. This entire time I thought music unlimited was only Sony artists, but it's...not. :bouncy:

Btw, there's a 14-day trial that automatically starts simply by signing into the music unlimited site with your SEN info. It surprisingly didn't require credit card info and was hassle-free. Something to consider. I know I'll be giving it a spin for a week on my phone and ps3 before signing up.

#157 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

http://www.sonyenter...internet-radio/

They specifically say it's the premium plan that's on sale, which is the top tier plan.

#158 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Are the PS Vita AR games not free anymore? (Games like PulzAR, Tabletop Tanks, etc.) Were they ever free?

This is the link where it mentions they are free.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#159 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Are the PS Vita AR games not free anymore? (Games like PulzAR, Tabletop Tanks, etc.) Were they ever free?

PulzAR and Tabletop Tanks were never free. The cliff diving, fireworks and soccer were free though, are they not anymore?

#160 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:08 AM

Those two were never free, but the three launch games should still be free for everybody. I'd guess that the page was made for those three and they eventually added the others because they're related.

http://blog.us.plays...zle-game-today/
http://blog.us.plays...-vita-may-22nd/

#161 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I'll probably pick up Nights as I never owned a Saturn and have heard good things about that game. Sorcery is currently $9.99 @Newegg with free shipping. It's also been on sale @Gamefly for the same price for a used copy.

That 1 year of music streaming actually is tempting. I wonder how the quality is as compared to Youtube?
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#162 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

PulzAR and Tabletop Tanks were never free. The cliff diving, fireworks and soccer were free though, are they not anymore?

They are, sorry. I guess I should have checked all 6 before I posted. Thanks, I did download the 3 free ones. Can anyone recommend any of the 3 other ones? Are they any fun at all?

Those two were never free, but the three launch games should still be free for everybody. I'd guess that the page was made for those three and they eventually added the others because they're related.

http://blog.us.plays...zle-game-today/
http://blog.us.plays...-vita-may-22nd/

Ahhh...that makes sense. Thank you.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#163 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

omg omg omg i can't wait for the Vita games to go live.

#164 gkargreen

gkargreen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

Frisky, a quick one please! When I "get" one of the free games from PS+ (for the Vita for example...), is the game downloaded onto the memory card in my Vita for playing? And do I have to be connected via wifi for the game to work? thanks
"Youth is wasted on the young"

#165 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Frisky, a quick one please! When I "get" one of the free games from PS+ (for the Vita for example...), is the game downloaded onto the memory card in my Vita for playing? And do I have to be connected via wifi for the game to work? thanks

Yes. No.

#166 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

I almost bought Jet Set Radio yesterday... Glad I waited.

#167 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

If I renew (technically sign up again as my sub lapsed) on my Vita, will it count as being applicable to both accounts (my PS3 and Vita)? In other words, will I be among those who won't have to pay extra for Plus for Vita?
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#168 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

If I renew (technically sign up again as my sub lapsed) on my Vita, will it count as being applicable to both accounts (my PS3 and Vita)? In other words, will I be among those who won't have to pay extra for Plus for Vita?

There's no separate subscription for just one or the other, so any sub is for both platforms.

#169 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

FW 2.00 is live now for Vita.

#170 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:10 AM

^Came to say this. I just got kicked offline while playing Treasures of Montezuma and prompted to update.

#171 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Yoink! Thanks. Can't find where to set save uploads, but I'm a-lookin'.

#172 SCIENCEEE

SCIENCEEE

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

Updated, but I don't see a section for PS+. Is that coming in the regular store update tomorrow?

#173 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

Updated, but I don't see a section for PS+. Is that coming in the regular store update tomorrow?

Yeah, it'll appear with the normal weekly update.

Since it's not immediately apparent, you upload saves to the cloud with the Content Manager app.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 20 November 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#174 gkargreen

gkargreen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Yes. No.

thanks, much appreciated! And I guess I have to know how much room I have on my mem card as well as the file size before downloading... guess I have to get a bigger card than the one (4 gb) that came with my bundle. One other question, please, do the downloaded "free for PS+" games remain as long as you have PS+, or do they have a time-limited run on the system?
"Youth is wasted on the young"

#175 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

They last as long as your sub does.

#176 o0achilles0o

o0achilles0o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Yoink! Thanks. Can't find where to set save uploads, but I'm a-lookin'.

Settings -> Playstation Network -> Automatic Update Settings

That'll do the automatic uploading of saved games, and Frisky says manual uploads are done through the content manager.

#177 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

I almost bought Jet Set Radio yesterday... Glad I waited.

I bought the PS3 version on release day and haven't gotten around to playing it yet and now its half off.... oh well, at least I get the Vita version for free

O6d6OER.jpg

#178 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

If this is how they are trying to boost hardware sales for vita (systems and memory cards) count me in :)

Has anyone found a cheaper deal on the 32GB card than Amazon? ($81+free ship) Or for that matter, any BF deals involving memory cards? I've been lurking all the deals sites and nada.

#179 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

If this is how they are trying to boost hardware sales for vita (systems and memory cards) count me in :)

Has anyone found a cheaper deal on the 32GB card than Amazon? ($81+free ship) Or for that matter, any BF deals involving memory cards? I've been lurking all the deals sites and nada.

I think Newegg has the cheapest price right now $79.96. Still, these memory cards are absurdly expensive. Actually I just saw Tigerdirect has it for 76.99 http://www.tigerdire...6NlCQvf6ltRAMBQ
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#180 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Holy hell! I wonder why so early.

I've been waiting forever for this, I need to format my system and had to backup my saves. Sony is a FOOL for not allowing us to back up our saves, and a DOUCHE to force people to pay for the 'privilege'.