Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2371 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

The game's not without its faults, but honestly, most Western RPGs' controls are terrible on console: Risen, Gothic, Two Worlds, The Witcher, Dragon Age. You just get used to it after a while. Having said that, you're getting a 40-60 hour game for $5. If you like RPGs - and this one is decent enough - how can you go wrong?

#2372 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

msuhitman- two worlds 2 character transfer

i just wanted to clarify that your character does transfer from the ps3 retail disc version to the digital version. it just doesn't transfer to the pirates dlc. they give you a level 45 or so character and let you respec them how you see fit, but yeah. didn't want you to think you have to start completely over. but i already platted the game so i was just gonna use that bad ass character in the dlc, but that wasnt the case.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2373 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

msuhitman- two worlds 2 character transfer

i just wanted to clarify that your character does transfer from the ps3 retail disc version to the digital version. it just doesn't transfer to the pirates dlc. they give you a level 45 or so character and let you respec them how you see fit, but yeah. didn't want you to think you have to start completely over. but i already platted the game so i was just gonna use that bad ass character in the dlc, but that wasnt the case.

Still I would rather play that style game on the 360 since the character doesn't transfer over from the main game to DLC, but I just sold some stuff to a friend so I will be upgrading my PS3 HDD for the 2nd time soon.

#2374 malistrais

malistrais

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Best Buy will have PS All Stars on sale for $39.99 next week.

i've been waiting on a deal for a physical copy of this. is this (the sale) fact or just speculation? thanks!

#2375 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Re: SSIV: Arcade Edition, if you're a PS+ member and already have the SSIV disc, can you download the Arcade Edition DLC for free, or do you still have to download the entire 18GB game? Thanks.

#2376 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

I would also appreciate some input on the value of a PS+ subscription. To me, it seems like a great deal, and I'm seriously thinking about getting an annual sub.

#2377 mpaullin

mpaullin

Standby for Dishwasher Livestream

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

i've been waiting on a deal for a physical copy of this. is this (the sale) fact or just speculation? thanks!

Got my info from this thread.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=335232

I've never seen the early postings of the ad be wrong, but I'm reluctant to call it fact without ad scans or a link. Lets say 99% sure its true?

#2378 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I would also appreciate some input on the value of a PS+ subscription. To me, it seems like a great deal, and I'm seriously thinking about getting an annual sub.

Information is abundant and readily available, in fact, there is probably too much of it. Your choice will likely come down to whether or not you fall into the the following camps, plus your own personal tastes.

IF you / (then)

1) like the free games and don't care that you don't own them if your sub expires (get +)
2) you insist the free games are 'rentals' and people who like them are fools (don't get +)
3) get complete fulfillment just from the automated cloud saves and overnight auto updates (get +)
4) you buy a lot of games soon after they are released and will be greatly annoyed if they become free on Plus (don't get +)
5) are annoyed that the EU version of plus gets better free games (don't get US+, maybe sign up for EU+)

Myself, I am seriously considering switching to EU+.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#2379 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Information is abundant and readily available, in fact, there is probably too much of it. Your choice will likely come down to whether or not you fall into the the following camps, plus your own personal tastes.

IF you / (then)

1) like the free games and don't care that you don't own them if your sub expires (get +)
2) you insist the free games are 'rentals' and people who like them are fools (don't get +)
3) get complete fulfillment just from the automated cloud saves and overnight auto updates (get +)
4) you buy a lot of games soon after they are released and will be greatly annoyed if they become free on Plus (don't get +)
5) are annoyed that the EU version of plus gets better free games (don't get US+, maybe sign up for EU+)

Thanks for your input. I don't think any of the cons you mentioned are enough to dissuade me from getting PS+.

#2380 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

It's pretty much the best $50 you can spend in a year on games.

This is subjective, and I honestly like the U.S. PS+'s offerings more than Europe's, despite most people here seeming to feel otherwise. Take a look at the game lists before making a decision (Tylerh compiled a comparison list on his CAG blog a couple of months ago).

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#2381 malistrais

malistrais

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

excellent - thanks!

Got my info from this thread.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=335232

I've never seen the early postings of the ad be wrong, but I'm reluctant to call it fact without ad scans or a link. Lets say 99% sure its true?

#2382 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

One more thing, if you have both a Vita and a PS3, you should probably get Plus. I think if you own both systems, the value is ovewhelmingly a no-brainer. I'm sure there are exceptions and those exceptions will post if they read this.
-----------

#2383 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT View Post

This is subjective, and I honestly like the U.S. PS+'s offerings more than Europe's, despite most people here seeming to feel otherwise. Take a look at the game lists before making a decision (Tylerh compiled a comparison list on his CAG blog a couple of months ago).

Actually, they are ALL subjective.
-----------

#2384 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

One more thing, if you have both a Vita and a PS3, you should probably get Plus. I think if you own both systems, the value is ovewhelmingly a no-brainer. I'm sure there are exceptions and those exceptions will post if they read this.

I plan on getting a Vita eventually. I'll just get the free Vita games as they become available so that I have a nice backlog by the time I get the Vita.

#2385 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Definitely get it. Like Josh said, here's my CAG Blog where I compare the US and EU PS+ games since June 2012. Even better, Frisky put together a list of all the free PS+ games in the US since the program began over 2 years ago (it's actually post #7 in this thread). Start from the bottom of that list and work your way up, because PS+ has really evolved since it began, and in my opinion has become much better.

Also, keep in mind that both these resources only detail the free games the program offers, and doesn't even take into account the added discounts that we get, which are usually substantial.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#2386 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Definitely get it. Like Josh said, here's my CAG Blog where I compare the US and EU PS+ games since June 2012. Even better, Frisky put together a list of all the free PS+ games in the US since the program began over 2 years ago (it's actually post #7 in this thread). Start from the bottom of that list and work your way up, because PS+ has really evolved since it began, and in my opinion has become much better.

Also, keep in mind that both these resources only detail the free games the program offers, and doesn't even take into account the added discounts that we get, which are usually substantial.

Good stuff. I actually do like that EU list better. I just Googled how to create an EU PSN account, but can I use a PS+ redemption code that I buy in the US (i.e. Gamestop or Amazon) to subscribe to the EU PS+?

#2387 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Good stuff. I actually do like that EU list better. I just Googled how to create an EU PSN account, but can I use a PS+ redemption code that I buy in the US (i.e. Gamestop or Amazon) to subscribe to the EU PS+?

No, you'd need EU PSN cards to subscribe to EU PS+.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2388 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Geez. I didn't realize that the EU PS+ got Arkham City this month. That right there is almost enough for me to go with the EU PS+. However, I'm wondering how much of a hassle it is to have multiple PSN IDs for different regions. In the end, I may just stick with the US PS+ because I still like what's being offered there as well. I don't have time to play a whole lot of retail games, so I like the idea of being able to have access to a lot of different PSN titles.

#2389 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

No, you'd need EU PSN cards to subscribe to EU PS+.

Edit: Misread this the first time. Makes it easier for me to go with the US PS+ instead.

Edited by RCS0926, 27 December 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#2390 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Geez. I didn't realize that the EU PS+ got Arkham City this month. That right there is almost enough for me to go with the EU PS+. However, I'm wondering how much of a hassle it is to have multiple PSN IDs for different regions. In the end, I may just stick with the US PS+ because I still like what's being offered there as well. I don't have time to play a whole lot of retail games, so I like the idea of being able to have access to a lot of different PSN titles.

Having multiple IDs is not a problem. I currently have a US, EU, and JP PSN IDs on my system but alll the games I play on my US account for the trophies. I also have both US PS+ and EU PS+, and have had no problems.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#2391 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Having multiple IDs is not a problem. I currently have a US, EU, and JP PSN IDs on my system but alll the games I play on my US account for the trophies. I also have both US PS+ and EU PS+, and have had no problems.

OK, so you can use your other regional IDs to get content from other regions, but you don't have to be signed in to them to play the games that you download the system? If that's the case, then I'm definitely going to get the EU PS+ sub instead. Also, just for clarification, I can use the redemption code for an annual PS+ sub that was purchased in the US to get an EU PS+ subscription, correct? All I would have to do is sign in under my EU PSN ID and enter the redemption code, right? Thanks again.

Edit: I just read the post that said that you need EU PSN cards to purchase an EU PS+ sub. That kind of spoils it for me since I want to use a GS giftcard to get my PS+ sub. I guess I'll be getting the US PS+ instead.

#2392 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Just a question, the DIGITAL copy of PSASBR for PS3 on sale for $40 will give me the Vita version as well?

I see in the OP that it has the cross buy star, but when I go to buy it, I don't see any info about this in the Store. Just want to make sure before I commit. Anyone do this already?

(and thanks Frisky for all the hard work)

#2393 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

OK, so you can use your other regional IDs to get content from other regions, but you don't have to be signed in to them to play the games that you download the system? If that's the case, then I'm definitely going to get the EU PS+ sub instead. Also, just for clarification, I can use the redemption code for an annual PS+ sub that was purchased in the US to get an EU PS+ subscription, correct? All I would have to do is sign in under my EU PSN ID and enter the redemption code, right? Thanks again.

No you would need a code from the UK. Or you can find a CAG that can help you by using Paypal to fund the account for you, this is what I did.

If you want to know a CAG that can help PM me and I will send you his name.

Now is also the best time to get EU PS+ because I believe it is still 10% off, so the final price is close to what US + costs.

#2394 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Just a question, the DIGITAL copy of PSASBR for PS3 on sale for $40 will give me the Vita version as well?

I see in the OP that it has the cross buy star, but when I go to buy it, I don't see any info about this in the Store. Just want to make sure before I commit. Anyone do this already?

I didn't buy the digital version, but if you buy the digital version of the PS3 version of PSASBR, it will give you the Vita version as well (the converse is NOT the case).

Proof seen here

Available on both PS3 and PS Vita (digital and retail), PlayStation All-Stars takes full advantage of the interconnectivity between the two platforms via Cross Play, allowing players to battle it out against one another on either device. Owners of both a PS3 and PS Vita can even transfer their saves from one machine to the other, allowing PlayStation All-Stars to be played wherever the fans want to play it. And best of all, if you purchase the PS3 version of the game, you get the PS Vita version at no extra cost! There’s no reason not to take advantage of such a great deal. As a friendly reminder, in order to redeem your digital PS Vita copy form the PS3 on-disc benefit, you’ll need to ensure your PS3 system is updated to the latest firmware, version 4.31.

decker%2001.jpg

#2395 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Not that much value. The games they give you are usually garbage that has been discounted numerous times in the past and/or you would never play. Most of the games they give out fighting games or side scroller beat em ups, so only get it if you like those genres.

Personally I would get more value out of $50 by just buying games that I want than having a PS+ sub.
tl

#2396 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

from blog post #38

+ Grace Chen on November 20th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:
PS All Stars is if you buy the PS3 version, you get the Vita version

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-266/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2397 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Yes, it's been confirmed in that other thread.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2398 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Yes I would recommend getting a EU subscription. They get way better games, better deals, and better everything. SCEA is an embarrassment compared to SCEE.
tl

#2399 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

There is a Cross Buy section in the PS Store and I'm 100% sure that the PS3 version of All Stars is in it. Verified by me looking at it in the PS Store on the PS3 as I post this.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2400 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Not that much value. The games they give you are usually garbage that has been discounted numerous times in the past and/or you would never play. Most of the games they give out fighting games or side scroller beat em ups, so only get it if you like those genres.

Personally I would get more value out of $50 by just buying games that I want than having a PS+ sub.

If you're a gamer that enjoys all kinds of games and/or have both a PS3 & Vita, then Plus is a no brainer. You get a lot of different kinds of games for both systems for one cost.
You also get a good selection of discounts. You can also find deals on the sub..I got mine for $35 from BBY.

Taking all that into consideration, it is worthwhile to me because of my gaming tastes.