Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2761 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

I think that because the quantity has been higher there is a better chance of them being quality games. I don't see a problem in the quality department personally, even if one or two weeks are off. Most people will enjoy NBA Jam, Quantun Conundrum, and Bioshock 2 as recent examples.

I also can't think of many, if any, repeats of free games. Maybe I'm overlooking something but I can't really ever remember the freebies repeating themselves.

Edited by gubmccargen, 01 January 2013 - 05:33 AM.
Darn grammar

#2762 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Quanity does not equal quality, a shitty vita game and medicore PS3 game vs a AAA title and a AA title that Europe got.

the majority of problems people have with the NA PS+ free games is the quality of them have been subpar. There has also been numerous repeats of games that are being offered as free.

Stop looking at your neighbor and envying what he has. You'll be a much happier person.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2763 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Stop looking at your neighbor and envying what he has. You'll be a much happier person.

As I tell all the other complainers, go look at Japan over EU. Their Plus offers are so bad that it's almost a slap in the face compared to what the US gets.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2764 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Was Lumines supposed to have a PS+ sale? As in, should I wait a couple days for the price to get fixed before buying it?

TOKYO JUNGLE - if you're on the fence, buy it.

BULLETSTORM -- absolutely excellent game. it actually reminds me of Vanquish in many way, in that 'playing it right' is quite different than most games. Don't expect a plat, thought -- i did all the challenges (very time consuming) before realizing one of the online trophies is an absolute nightmare requiring something like 30-50 hours of grinding experience. but still, grab it. great game.

#2765 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Was Lumines supposed to have a PS+ sale? As in, should I wait a couple days for the price to get fixed before buying it?

TOKYO JUNGLE - if you're on the fence, buy it.

BULLETSTORM -- absolutely excellent game. it actually reminds me of Vanquish in many way, in that 'playing it right' is quite different than most games. Don't expect a plat, thought -- i did all the challenges (very time consuming) before realizing one of the online trophies is an absolute nightmare requiring something like 30-50 hours of grinding experience. but still, grab it. great game.

It's not 30 - 50... it's like 10 and can be soloed if you don't want to play with others.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2766 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

This trophy is impossible and stop me from getting plat.
Anarchy Master Achieve a score of at least 50,000 as a team in Anarchy mode

The xp is simple using the glitch method

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png 1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2767 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

ok, i did some Lumines research.

in the first sony blog post, it's supposed to have an additional PS+ sale price.
in the actual update post, it's missing.

on the store, it's there for around $20 (sale), but not the 17ish for ps+ members.

Morgan, the mod on the sony blog, said it's going to be on sale, but not have a special price for ps+ members and that the original posting was a mistake.

SO... long story short, i'm going to buy it at 20 and throw a royal hissy fit if they drop the price in a couple days, since their official guy said they won't.

#2768 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Equity theory

#2769 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

As I tell all the other complainers, go look at Japan over EU. Their Plus offers are so bad that it's almost a slap in the face compared to what the US gets.

Blah they get limited edition PS3s and loads of games that never see the light of day in the West.

#2770 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

This trophy is impossible and stop me from getting plat.
Anarchy Master Achieve a score of at least 50,000 as a team in Anarchy mode

The xp is simple using the glitch method

If you got a PSN copy you can loan me, I don't mind helping you. Me and my friend were able to duo that trophy no problem...

Just remembered my friend had a PSN copy, so I can help you if you want.

#2771 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

It's not 30 - 50... it's like 10 and can be soloed if you don't want to play with others.

ah, yea, i double checked. 16 hours online according to the trophy guide, and i believe that's with boosting. playing the same level over and over to get to level 65 is enough to keep me from ever even bothering. but you're right, it's not 30-50... though i don't want to spend even 5 hours playing the same level over and over.

#2772 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Quanity does not equal quality, a shitty vita game and medicore PS3 game vs a AAA title and a AA title that Europe got.

the majority of problems people have with the NA PS+ free games is the quality of them have been subpar. There has also been numerous repeats of games that are being offered as free.

I've been a subscriber since the beginning and I can remember maybe one or two repeats a year or so ago, and even then, it wasn't anything substantial.

#2773 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Pretty shitty of them to not put the Arkham City DLC on sale.

Oh well. I got Tokyo Jungle and Skullgirls to tide me over.
Posted Image

#2774 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

Blah they get limited edition PS3s and loads of games that never see the light of day in the West.

oh wow herp derp diff color consoles big deal. And I'm sure we get games they don't as well, your point?

#2775 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

yeah iv got bulletstorm, but i burned out on that online trophy.
all it really takes is some mics and you get a good rhythm going.
only took maybe 10 hours. which sounds bad. we did the last like 4 hours in a row just to grind it away.
definately attainable tho, even moreso with a friend/s.
happy new year cags!

and yeah just cause 2 is so awesome. i would buy it if i wasn't ps+. i might still just to know i will have it forever...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2776 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

oh wow herp derp diff color consoles big deal. And I'm sure we get games they don't as well, your point?

Lets not forget that their games / systems cost more. For instance a year of plus cost $7 dollars more in Japan. (Thats nearly 20% increase for those thinking its a small sum)

#2777 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

So Chronovolt sucks but damn does it make for a beautiful Vita start screen!

https://pbs.twimg.co...Apmp5.jpg:large

#2778 htz

htz

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Lets not forget that their games / systems cost more. For instance a year of plus cost $7 dollars more in Japan. (Thats nearly 20% increase for those thinking its a small sum)

Not really, our money is just monopoly money compared to the yen. :cold:

#2779 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

Yikes, 10+ hours of repetition? I'm gonna hate that trophy.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2780 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Just bought Assassin's Creed 2 finally. couldnt pass up 9.79 PS+ price. On the fence about skull girls.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#2781 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Yikes, 10+ hours of repetition? I'm gonna hate that trophy.

It's really not that bad, especially since it's a PvE co op online mode.

Just bought Assassin's Creed 2 finally. couldnt pass up 9.79 PS+ price. On the fence about skull girls.

I enjoyed Skullgirls and thought it was a pretty amusing game. I would suggest it if you enjoy fighters or like weird games.

#2782 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

It's really not that bad, especially since it's a PvE co op online mode.

I have a very low tolerance for repetition, I'll probably break it up across a couple weeks or so.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2783 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Pretty shitty of them to not put the Arkham City DLC on sale.

Oh well. I got Tokyo Jungle and Skullgirls to tide me over.

I know I was hoping for the Arkham City DLC to be discounted too.

#2784 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I have a very low tolerance for repetition, I'll probably break it up across a couple weeks or so.

Trust me, I am in the same boat. I am 1 trophy away from my Shin Hokuto Musou platinum, yet I am probably going to avoid it because it's so boring. You need to get 100,000 kills and despite doing everything else in the game, I only have 67,000, so I would need another 33,000... Also the "quickest" method is redoing the same stage, as the same character for only 400 kills per 3 minutes. This equates to basically 4 hours 5 minutes minimal to get it.

#2785 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Just wondering but does Skull Girl have a story mode in the game?
If it does I'll most likely buy it. Is Sound Shapes any good?

#2786 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Just wondering but does Skull Girl have a story mode in the game?
If it does I'll most likely buy it. Is Sound Shapes any good?

It does and its not too bad (really enjoyed some of the artwork during story too!). Also I thought Sound Shapes was okay. The main campaign can be done in maybe an hour and most of the replayablity comes from Death Mode (which is luck based) or community levels.

#2787 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

you don't have to do 10 hours of the same thing. but it's the most efficient way.
we were all drinking/chilln and chatting and listening to music etc. it's just 2-3 buds hanging around a pit and leashing enemies over the pit. the only problem was when we would leash the same guy and just tear him apart resulting in less points. so we learned to call out the guys we were leashing over pit. good stuff. combine the xp grind with the team bonus grind and its all good. iv actually got 100% on the bulletstorm dlc too... so im in the minority there...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2788 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Damn, I forgot to purchase Papo & Yo before the sale ended. Might get Gungnir before this ends, but it could be $7.50 later in the year.

Does anyone know if Sound Shapes and Tokyo Jungle will be on sale until next Tuesday?

#2789 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Damn, I forgot to purchase Papo & Yo before the sale ended. Might get Gungnir before this ends, but it could be $7.50 later in the year.

Does anyone know if Sound Shapes and Tokyo Jungle will be on sale until next Tuesday?

Sales always last at least a week.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2790 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sales always last at least a week.

Did Papo and Yo? I thought they put it on sale 12/24 and it was gone before the 31st. Maybe that was an exception or I have the wrong date.