Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2791 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

Did Papo and Yo? I thought they put it on sale 12/24 and it was gone before the 31st. Maybe that was an exception or I have the wrong date.

It ended with the store update yesterday like the rest of the Holiday Essentials deals.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2792 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

It ended with the store update yesterday like the rest of the Holiday Essentials deals.

Damn, missed it by a day. Well, at least Gungnir is still on sale.

#2793 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I have a very low tolerance for repetition, I'll probably break it up across a couple weeks or so.

same here. i can handle '50 kills with a pistol' type trophies, but once you start hitting 1000 i lose my mind. i did all the bulletstorm 'challenge' trophies, some of which were a pain-in-the-butt grind, but then i saw that online trophy and decided to just sell the game and keep my sanity. i like getting plats, but i don't like being abused by developers.

#2794 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

I swore I thought I had enough for Tokyo Jungle, turns out I'm $.09 short. Fuckin' a Sony.

#2795 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

happy new year cags!

and yeah just cause 2 is so awesome. i would buy it if i wasn't ps+. i might still just to know i will have it forever...

Definitely. I've just got the PS3, so I missed out on the free game through PS+, but I bought it on release for Xbox 360, and it was worth it then. I'll probably get it eventually for PS3 as well, once I have fun with the PS3 exclusives (going to start Little Big Planet soon) and the other PS+ games.

Happy New Year, y'all! :whee:

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#2796 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Anyone know why Retro City Rampage Vita would show as available for purchase after the store update, even though I bought the PS3 (and Vita via cross play) when it was released a month ago? Last week it showed both the PS3 and Vita versions as purchased on the IGC page, so I am assuming things changed with store update yesterday.

I was able to add the Vita version to my cart, but don't want to try and check out since I am worred having 2 of the same things in my order history will mess things up, and since I paid fully price, I don't want my RCR Vita tied to PS+.

I checked my download history, and the Vita version of RCR is still there, but it looks like it is half the size of the Vita version listed in the IGC now, ~30 MB for the Vita version I show as purchased vs ~60 MB for the Vita version listed in the IGC.

The PS3 version still shows up correctly as purchased on the IGC page.

#2797 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Grabbed Two Worlds II Velvet for $5 after reading you can disable the horrible shaky cam: http://www.gamefaqs....60829-/58208543

#2798 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Tokyo Jungle or Skullgirls?

#2799 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Anyone know why Retro City Rampage Vita would show as available for purchase after the store update, even though I bought the PS3 (and Vita via cross play) when it was released a month ago? Last week it showed both the PS3 and Vita versions as purchased on the IGC page, so I am assuming things changed with store update yesterday.

I was able to add the Vita version to my cart, but don't want to try and check out since I am worred having 2 of the same things in my order history will mess things up, and since I paid fully price, I don't want my RCR Vita tied to PS+.

I checked my download history, and the Vita version of RCR is still there, but it looks like it is half the size of the Vita version listed in the IGC now, ~30 MB for the Vita version I show as purchased vs ~60 MB for the Vita version listed in the IGC.

The PS3 version still shows up correctly as purchased on the IGC page.

The size on the page is how big the total file size of Vita + PS3 + PS3 Unlock Key adds up to be since you get all of that with the purchase of one version.

While it let me purchase it and "redownload" it on the Vita while the normal version is already installed, nothing happens. The information where there could be new PS+ info hasn't changed like it did for the Uncharted/Gravity Rush/Wipeout installs when I downloaded those and there's no difference on the download list, so it seems like a weird bug that doesn't do anything.

#2800 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Has anyone heard if Sony plans to do a freebie game with a PS+ sub like they did with JP last year?

I got another year PS+ card but am hesitant to use it right away in case they do that deal again, say with Walking Dead or some other title. My current sub doesn't end until April so I suppose I could just sit on it...

AdmrlBalls.png

#2801 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm hating using the rear touchpad to control jet pack joyride

Yeah using the rear touch on Jetpack Joyride is really bad. So glad they included a front screen touch option as well. It also saved me from a hangover this morning, went out with some friends last night but came home early. Was gonna have a few drinks at home and just chill, but ended up playing Jetpack Joyride for 2+ hours instead. Awesome game, and the trophies really aren't too touch except the gold, which isn't tough just time consuming (or expensive).

Any opinions on Touch my Katamari? I love the series, but I heard this one was a cheap cash-in. And it only has 12 trophies.....

I know we had this exact same discussion about Lumines a couple weeks back, but yeah it's lame that these retail priced games only have 12 trophies instead of a full trophy set.

Bulletstorm for $9.80... hmm. I remember hearing about it when it came out but never really payed attention. Is it worth the price? I'm desperate to play a new game, but all the ones I currently want are over $40.

I'll echo all the love about Bulletstorm. Once of the best FPS's this generation in my opinion, it tries to do something different and really succeeded.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2802 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

just became ps+ member yesterday, lets hope for the best with lots of good games this next year. Also, did this update monday instead of tuesday this week?

#2803 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

They've updated on Monday for the past two weeks due to the holiday schedule.

#2804 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

so i got the counterfeit coin maker for ps3 jetpack joyride, but apparently there is nothing to download...
ok it kicks in after you go to the store in game...
also if you get the ps3 dlc, it doesnt transfer over to the vita? that sucks.
i was planning to play this more on my vita while at work, oh wellz.

Edited by Velo214, 01 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2805 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I said yesterday that it didn't support Cross Buy when people were asking about that, so you should be doing a little bit of research before blindly buying that sort of DLC.

#2806 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

So I discovered that my Walking Dead no longer works since my PS+ expired, even though I bought the Season Pass. How do I fix that?

#2807 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

So I discovered that my Walking Dead no longer works since my PS+ expired, even though I bought the Season Pass. How do I fix that?

buy ps+ again to play it

The reason is ep 1 is the game ep 2-5 are like dlc so if u don't buy ep 1 the game cannot be played.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           inFamous first light $1 Timeshare

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2808 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Since you've purchased the entire season pass you need to delete the entire game and go to your account and redownload the ep1 demo the ep1 unlock and ep 2-5.

The problem is that ep1 and ep2 that were free were associated with your ps+ subscription and got mixed with episodes 3-5 part of the season pass.

But because ep1 and ep2 which you downloaded free had an expire time limit and since you need ep1 which acts as the game and the rest as DLC, the whole episodes expired.

After you downloaded each episode gets added on top of each one making a file size of 3 GB.

Easy fix:
Anyway since you purchased the season pass and since your sub expired but because you purchased the season pass you just have to re-download episodes 1 to 5 which are from the season pass and not from PS+ (since your sub expired)

And Voilà it's all working now after 3 GB downloaded and stay away from US PS+ (it sucks).

Good luck and play that game (it rocks).
:error:
Spoiler

#2809 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Couldn't he just try to start up The Walking Dead and when it asks to check the license to see if he needs to buy it or not, it'll see the season pass and update the ownership accordingly?

#2810 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Couldn't he just try to start up The Walking Dead and when it asks to check the license to see if he needs to buy it or not, it'll see the season pass and update the ownership accordingly?

He could also try that method you said method or just go and download episode 1 around 700 mb and install it on top of those patches, and episode 2 if he also downloaded it when it was free.

When I let my subscription expire and my games expires regularly on PS+ Europe I just have to go to the download list and re-download the game and cancel it right away, just after the activate button appears then they get a new date, on the information.
:error:
Spoiler

#2811 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

and here i thought i read every post in this thread. oh wellz. thnx frisky. also 2.50wont kill me. but damn my blind impulse buys. ill pretend the game cost 2.50.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#2812 jshawnd

jshawnd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Is anyone else trying to download Soundshapes for the PS3, and only getting the Vita version (even when they select the PS3 version for download)? Wondering if it's just me, since I originally bought the Vita version through my Vita.

#2813 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Are you making sure to download the PS3 demo and its unlock key?

#2814 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Is anyone else trying to download Soundshapes for the PS3, and only getting the Vita version (even when they select the PS3 version for download)? Wondering if it's just me, since I originally bought the Vita version through my Vita.

It's an issue they haven't fixed yet. But you can still download the PS3 version.

They both say Sound Shapes PS Vita but the version that just says Sound Shapes is actually the PS3 version.

Example of what it looks like in the download list:

Sound Shapes PS Vita
Sound Shapes <-----This is the PS3 version

Sound Shapes PS Vita
Sound Shapes PS Vita

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#2815 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

was the Lumines Deal only for 1day?

dont see it as a part of the holidays deal on the PS Store

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#2816 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Still no deal on Code veronica.

Yarp. I'll be waiting this one out until the end of the century. I can do it too D:

#2817 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

was the Lumines Deal only for 1day?

dont see it as a part of the holidays deal on the PS Store

No, just search for Lumines and the game will show up at the sale price.

#2818 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

No, just search for Lumines and the game will show up at the sale price.

yeah there was a PS+ sale for 17.49 listed yesterday n today it's gone...

http://blog.us.plays...ust-have-games/

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#2819 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

yeah there was a PS+ sale for 17.49 listed yesterday n today it's gone...

http://blog.us.plays...ust-have-games/

It was a mistake, which is why Morgan said there would be no PS+ discount on the PS+ Update post and that there would still be a normal discount that is what I list in the OP.

#2820 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I wish they'd discount or lower the price for New Little King's Story. I want to pick it up, but not for $39.99