Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9825 replies to this topic

#2851 sonicsam

sonicsam

ElectroLife

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

There's something missing in the post that came back this week for who knows how long: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete. Originally, it was only available when the game launched and it's at the bottom of the list in Weekly Deals. Honestly, made me pretty pissed that Sega didn't have this on there earlier and dodnt mention it would come back to the store because I bought the discounted regular edition at $10 because the Complete Edition wasn't supposed to ever come back. Now it did, and I'm not about to pay $30 for the complete edition to spend $40 total. :/

#2852 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

It was $15 during the holidays.

#2853 wtsutton

wtsutton

Lost my hippie lettuce!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Alright here's my conundrum: can't afford both Tokyo Jungle and Sound Shapes right now. Which one is the better deal/less likely to be free sooner?

Well my friend it sounds like you don't just have a conundrum. You have...

8-)

a...quantum conundrum!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

#2854 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well my friend it sounds like you don't just have a conundrum. You have...

8-)

a...quantum conundrum!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Shoulda seen that one coming....

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#2855 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Alright here's my conundrum: can't afford both Tokyo Jungle and Sound Shapes right now. Which one is the better deal/less likely to be free sooner?

If you have a vita - sound shapes
If you ever plan on owning a vita - sound shapes
If you just have a ps3, go with Tokyo jungle

The dual price for sound shapes is great but I can see that going free more likely than an obscure niche Japanese title like Tokyo jungle

#2856 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

If you have a vita - sound shapes
If you ever plan on owning a vita - sound shapes
If you just have a ps3, go with Tokyo jungle

The dual price for sound shapes is great but I can see that going free more likely than an obscure niche Japanese title like Tokyo jungle

FWIW, Tokyo Jungle is Remote Play compatible for Vita. Dependis onusage partern, but crossbuy may not be a good reason to break in favor of Sound Shapes.

#2857 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Sounds good, sending you a PSN request right now.

Thanks, I'll accept it tonight and send you a challenge.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2858 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

If you plan to eventually get both I'd pick up Tokyo Jungle now. From what I've seen of both games SS seems like it'll be fun for a few hours and then you're left with nothing but the RNG nightmare known as Death Mode. Tokyo Jungle seems like it'll be a fun challenge through it's entire play through. Also, SS could very likely get added to plus while you're waiting to pick it up. Tokyo Jungle more than likely will never get added to US plus.

#2859 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

you're kidding, right? that's 1/12 of a year's subscription, doesn't mention all the side benefits you get, and doesn't include the Instant Game Collection Games. How anyone can possibly think it's a ripoff is beyond me. Then again, maybe you're being sarcastic and i just missed it.

I just signed up for the US PS+ on 12/28, and although the EU PS+ may be better, I'm OK with what I'm "settling" with in terms of the US PS+ offers. I don't have a ton of time to play games these days, so it's nice to be able to pick up PSN titles that I normally wouldn't buy and be able to play them in smaller chunks. I'm currently playing Skyrim, so it's nice to be able to break things up a bit playing the likes of Double Dragon Neon, Scott Pilgrim, NBA Jam, etc. My son enjoys fighting games, so he's very happy about SSIV: Arcade Edition and KOF XIII.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to remain a PS+ member, so it's nice to be able to develop a backlog of free games to play. This is especially the case for the Vita, which I plan on buying at some point in the future. When I do purchase it, I won't have to buy any games for it right away since there will be a slew of free PS+ games waiting for me to play. Overall, I'm happy with my decision to subscribe to PS+. Now I just need to upgrade my 120GB HDD...

#2860 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Jetpack Joyride is pretty fun, but I find the rear touch pad controls to be pretty uncomfortable.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2861 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I thought the rear controls should be easiest to use, what's the problem there?

fekhvr.jpg

#2862 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I just find them to be awkward. I'd much rather use one of the face buttons.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2863 Markew001

Markew001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Does the Tokyo Jungle remote play work well? Is it worth it if I'll probably play more on my Vita than PS3?

#2864 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Did Lumines just go down in price AGAIN? Man, I bought it at 29.99I'll get Katamari though.

#2865 frankmackeyspam

frankmackeyspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I just find them to be awkward. I'd much rather use one of the face buttons.

You can switch to front touch controls from the main menu, but yeah it would work best with one of the face buttons. No idea why they don't have an option for that.

#2866 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Yep, you totally missed it

yea, i recently started reading the comments on the official Sony PS+ blog... where people DO complain endlessly that it's a ripoff (because they have the free game that particular week, or whatever). should have known smarter heads prevailed here.

#2867 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

If you plan to eventually get both I'd pick up Tokyo Jungle now. From what I've seen of both games SS seems like it'll be fun for a few hours and then you're left with nothing but the RNG nightmare known as Death Mode. Tokyo Jungle seems like it'll be a fun challenge through it's entire play through. Also, SS could very likely get added to plus while you're waiting to pick it up. Tokyo Jungle more than likely will never get added to US plus.

i second Tokyo Jungle. It was one of my favorite games this past year.

#2868 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

I thought the rear controls should be easiest to use, what's the problem there?

I didn't find the rear touch controls to be all that responsive, to me the front screen controls worked much better. Plus, being an adult human male, it's very difficult to actually hold the Vita comfortably without touching any portion of the rear touch pad. So that might have been my problem...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2869 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I didn't find the rear touch controls to be all that responsive, to me the front screen controls worked much better. Plus, being an adult human male, it's very difficult to actually hold the Vita comfortably without touching any portion of the rear touch pad. So that might have been my problem...

Exactly. I didn't know the game used the rear touch pad when I first started playing it and I'm almost always touching the rear pad anyway, so it took me a little bit to figure out what was causing the guy to move.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2870 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Does the Tokyo Jungle remote play work well? Is it worth it if I'll probably play more on my Vita than PS3?

Shuhei Yoshida tweeted a while back that it's really only recommended playing it at home via the private network connection setting. I played it for a couple hours last night on my Vita with my PS3 in the next room, and it was certainly playable. The only issue I had was that it got INCREDIBLY laggy--like 5-10 seconds of lag--every now and then. I haven't tried any other remote play games yet though, so I'm not sure how it runs compared to stuff like SotC or something.

#2871 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Shuhei Yoshida tweeted a while back that it's really only recommended playing it at home via the private network connection setting. I played it for a couple hours last night on my Vita with my PS3 in the next room, and it was certainly playable. The only issue I had was that it got INCREDIBLY laggy--like 5-10 seconds of lag--every now and then. I haven't tried any other remote play games yet though, so I'm not sure how it runs compared to stuff like SotC or something.

Honestly remote play works awesome ... sometimes. Those weird random lag jumps just happen even if you're in line of sight of your ps3. They always seem to know when I'm doing any sort of platform jumping too.

It's a neato feature, it just needs a little attention to make it truly useful (which I'm not counting on seeing as it's been around since the psp and not many strides have been made).

#2872 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

You can switch to front touch controls from the main menu, but yeah it would work best with one of the face buttons. No idea why they don't have an option for that.

Agreed. It's better using the front touchscreen, but I seriously wish I could use the buttons like with the PS3 version. Sometimes when I unpause, I try using the buttons, forgetting that they don't do anything. Plus it kind of sucks having to re-earn coins & such on each version.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2873 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I've sort of grown to like the rear touch controls for Jetpack Joyride so that my "adult human male" fingers don't block the screen. I'd prefer to have buttons, but this will work until they add that.

#2874 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

There's something missing in the post that came back this week for who knows how long: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Complete. Originally, it was only available when the game launched and it's at the bottom of the list in Weekly Deals. Honestly, made me pretty pissed that Sega didn't have this on there earlier and dodnt mention it would come back to the store because I bought the discounted regular edition at $10 because the Complete Edition wasn't supposed to ever come back. Now it did, and I'm not about to pay $30 for the complete edition to spend $40 total. :/

I don't think the Complete Edition ever disappeared and it's been $30 since VF5 FS came out.

#2875 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I've sort of grown to like the rear touch controls for Jetpack Joyride so that my "adult human male" fingers don't block the screen. I'd prefer to have buttons, but this will work until they add that.

Have they announced a patch?

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2876 Tsokolit

Tsokolit

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

hows tokyo jungle to people who recently purchased? well worth the buy? im having second thoughts in whether to get tokyo janguru.

#2877 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Have they announced a patch?

No, but that's one of the only things they really need to add.

#2878 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Lumines + price hasn't gone down to $17 yet. It's still showing up as $20+. They need to get the price fixed for Plus users! It was on their blog. (X_X)
Posted Image

#2879 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Man, I really suck at Jetpack Joyride. At about 1600 it gets too fast for me to reliably dodge, so anything past that is luck and vehicle based. My record is 4330 though, so I will probably need to grind coins for items to get me to 5000.

#2880 Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

hows tokyo jungle to people who recently purchased? well worth the buy? im having second thoughts in whether to get tokyo janguru.

I was really hesitant about picking it up, but I finally did yesterday morning... and then spent almost the entire day playing it. Definitely worth it, if you ask me, esp. for the PS+ price.