Photo
- - - - -

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/26: Huge Square Enix Game/DLC, THQ, PixelJunk, and Worms Sales!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9824 replies to this topic

#2881 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Lumines + price hasn't gone down to $17 yet. It's still showing up as $20+. They need to get the price fixed for Plus users! It was on their blog. (X_X)

It's not going to go down. It was a mistake.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2882 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Man, I really suck at Jetpack Joyride. At about 1600 it gets too fast for me to reliably dodge, so anything past that is luck and vehicle based. My record is 4330 though, so I will probably need to grind coins for items to get me to 5000.

You may already know this, but you can only use one second chance per run. Just FYI, I didn't know it until I used one and then wasn't able to use another. But luckily I had a very good run to make it past 5000.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2883 rpg

rpg

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

You could always save in cloud or pc before u buy items and if u mess up reload save.

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif        

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#2884 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Man, I really suck at Jetpack Joyride. At about 1600 it gets too fast for me to reliably dodge, so anything past that is luck and vehicle based. My record is 4330 though, so I will probably need to grind coins for items to get me to 5000.

when you get rides on vehicles the velocity decreases you could start with the item equipped free ride, and each time you see a new vehicle just jump on that you can get a good 800m easily with each one of them.

Also you can do an alternative and buy an super head start with 10k coins it's not better to buy individually alternatively you can also get a super blast so that when you are doing you go further.

Good luck
:error:
Spoiler

#2885 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

I was really hesitant about picking it up, but I finally did yesterday morning... and then spent almost the entire day playing it. Definitely worth it, if you ask me, esp. for the PS+ price.

there's a small thread in the ps3 forums. i played the heck out of it for about a week and a half then got bored

#2886 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I just wish the pacing of Tokyo Jungle was slowed down a little bit. Even real animals have time to explore/sleep/play/etc. In this game, if you're not constantly planning out your next meal at all times, you're dead.

Other than that, it's a really cool and original game.
tl

#2887 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

i keep getting error when trying to get to the PS Store from my vita. Is it just me? I keep getting error message NW-8942-3. I just did a system update. Maintenance?

#2888 rpg

rpg

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

i keep getting error when trying to get to the PS Store from my vita. Is it just me? I keep getting error message NW-8942-3. I just did a system update. Maintenance?

store is not working for vita dunno why

using version 2.01

#2889 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

store is not working for vita dunno why

using version 2.01

ok thanks, so i'm not the only one. I just changed to a new 16gb and finished restoring my files. Thought I might have messed something up.

#2890 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

when you get rides on vehicles the velocity decreases you could start with the item equipped free ride, and each time you see a new vehicle just jump on that you can get a good 800m easily with each one of them.

Also you can do an alternative and buy an super head start with 10k coins it's not better to buy individually alternatively you can also get a super blast so that when you are doing you go further.

Good luck

You may already know this, but you can only use one second chance per run. Just FYI, I didn't know it until I used one and then wasn't able to use another. But luckily I had a very good run to make it past 5000.

I'm thinking 5 pack of the 1500 headstart, 5 pack of final blast, 1 second chance (if I think I can do it). I should be able to bomb repeatedly after death, I think. I assume Final Blast is the same as Big Blast for ~250 per bomb.

Currently saving up the 30k to try that, but even if I get it, the rest of the grind is such a turn off... :(

#2891 rpg

rpg

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

if im not mistaken u can use 1 bomb 1 revive so save before u waste money

i used

equipment
- insta-ball
- token gift
- 1 final blast 4k
- 1 quick revive 10k
- super head start (5pack) 10k

#2892 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I just wish the pacing of Tokyo Jungle was slowed down a little bit. Even real animals have time to explore/sleep/play/etc. In this game, if you're not constantly planning out your next meal at all times, you're dead.

Other than that, it's a really cool and original game.

That's the only thing that worries me a little. I wonder if it's possible to over-hunt and wind up with no food and just die out. Thinking I'll use my PS+ trail and get it for $7.

#2893 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

I don't think there's any way to overhunt in Tokyo Jungle.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2894 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

I'm thinking 5 pack of the 1500 headstart, 5 pack of final blast, 1 second chance (if I think I can do it). I should be able to bomb repeatedly after death, I think. I assume Final Blast is the same as Big Blast for ~250 per bomb.

Currently saving up the 30k to try that, but even if I get it, the rest of the grind is such a turn off... :(

Watch out for the bomb you can only use it once also I would recommend the gravity belt since it helps out, regarding the grind if you wish to do it like me without buying any sort of DLC I had to level up till level 190.

Mostly because like I said before in my country the dlc are not there and never will be so I got the UK version so I can't buy any coins.

Sometimes when the bonuses would change for double coins I would change the coins to gems and the coin collector.

You must adapt the upgrades to the missions all the time.

Also try to get the most of tokens you can get an atomic bomb which helps a revive.

You can also buy revive a pack of 3 costs 25k
:error:
Spoiler

#2895 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

That's the only thing that worries me a little. I wonder if it's possible to over-hunt and wind up with no food and just die out. Thinking I'll use my PS+ trail and get it for $7.

Areas repopulate over time, but they repopulate with larger and tougher animals.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2896 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

'Exploration' is important, only in that it's important you understand each area. It will take many, many generations and games to 'explore' the maps. You're meant to play the game over and over, and die in between (with your mating causing stat increases). If you could slowly explore the world during one game, it would defeat the multi-generational purpose of the game.

I've 100%'d the game and have played the living daylights out of it.

You can't really overhunt; I mean, if you clear an area out and just stay there, yes, you'll die. But the challenges and such are meant to keep you on the move. generally speaking, there's no need to stay in one place -- you want to keep moving, completing challenges (for stats), and finding a prime mate to keep some of those stat increases forever...

Changing radiation patterns can wipe an area clean, but mating will cause all areas to start fresh (though possibly quite different in animal composition). like food at first, radiation is daunting to the new player -- it feels brutal and endless. but there are plenty of tricks to surviving radiation, such as hidden areas that are radiation proof to survive the worst storms.

what you really want to concentrate on is completing multiple challenges during one generation and then getting that prime mate, so that your starting stats will be forever better. sometimes this requires timing your mating with the passage of years.

number one tip - you can evade out of clean kill animations. this is useful and vital.

never use food/water items until the very last second you need to. there are plenty of ways to keep living.

#2897 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Do you think games like Tokyo Jungle and Sound Shapes will ever be $5 or $2.50?

#2898 rpg

rpg

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Do you think games like Tokyo Jungle and Sound Shapes will ever be $5 or $2.50?

$5 possible
$2.5 no way

#2899 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

PS Store now opens on my Vita but download list shows error. PS Store won't open on PS3. Looked around but couldn't find any info on why.

#2900 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

PS Store now opens on my Vita but download list shows error. PS Store won't open on PS3. Looked around but couldn't find any info on why.

Same here. Actually had to restart my PS3 because it wouldnt let me quit. Its weird that I was just in the store perfectly fine barely 5 minutes before.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2901 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Errors going on for me today too on PS3, but it worked after a couple tries.

#2902 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

$5 possible
$2.5 no way

Was hoping they might go that low with PS Plus, but $5 wouldn't be bad.

#2903 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Woo just hit 5,000 km in Jetpack Joyride. Surprisingly got lucky with some slot pulls and got it :3... though I can't say I will get the others though ><

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2904 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

What's the best Vita case for under $20? I don't need one of those big bulky traveling pouches, just something to protect it while I'm not playing it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2905 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

I think there removing or doing something with that UNO game that lets you have a psp cfw and play iso's...

#2906 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'm tempted to get Tokyo jungle based on all the glowing reviews but the amount of DLC makes me think this will be a ps+ free offering sooner than later

#2907 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

I'm tempted to get Tokyo jungle based on all the glowing reviews but the amount of DLC makes me think this will be a ps+ free offering sooner than later

I would say the opposite is true for Tokyo Jungle, since plus members got the first 5 (?) animal DLC characters for free and all the cross over DLC (or at least most) was free.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2908 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

What's the best Vita case for under $20? I don't need one of those big bulky traveling pouches, just something to protect it while I'm not playing it.

I got this one

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o01_s00_i00

When I got it, it was $7.xx, now it's up to $13, still probably worth it. It's a pretty slim, solid case. It has a flap that presses flush against the screen, so I definitely feel like my system won't get scratched up when it's in my bag. The only issue I have with it is the game slots--they're nigh impossible to cram games into, it took me several minutes of struggle to mash it in. Luckily I'm mainly playing downloaded games on it
I enjoy stuff a great deal.

#2909 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

The remaining mention of the Journey discount price on the main page is so cruel. Here's hoping for another chance for the formally out of town
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#2910 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Just spend the $20 and get the Pull 'n Go Folio from either Amazon or Gamestop.

Even if you never want to carry the big case itself, it's a good place to store extra games and the cables. And the removable case is about as slim as you'll manage while offering protection (plus some extra game storage).

It's not like it's a small system, so any case will seem bulky.