Photo
- - - - -

Blue 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 Bundle for $199.99 coming soon!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#91 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yea, I'm not signing up for random site for stupidness. Gift.com is where it was available. Japan seems to hog all the good colors. Just look at a ALL the previous releases.
Wahoo! Found it at target in Pink and White... wife told me "Nah, it's not on sale....." HAHAHAH Awesomesauce. Now I will be watching it even closer.

Btw I also saw it at Kmart. In case you have a preference.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#92 sikboy1029

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Waiting for a black 2DS XL, I think the whole 2 tone thing is ugly. I suppose silver would work, too.

#93 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Waiting for a black 2DS XL, I think the whole 2 tone thing is ugly. I suppose silver would work, too.

What exactly is a "2DS XL"?

#94 Schuey

Schuey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

http://mynintendonew...dle-for-199-99/

lol kind of funny that this thread made news on here to me.

#95 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

The sacrifices in "visual fidelity" (Seriously, I only really noticed it in Theatrhythm) are very minors compared to the pros of the XL. The bigger screens make all the difference, the better stylus placement is nice, and the XL is just entirely more comfortable in the hand IMO

Now, I'm not sure how regular DS games look on the 3DS XL (I haven't tried yet XD)...but I imagine they look like they do on the...DSi XL.

The only thing I really don't notice is battery life being better/worse.

#96 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

What exactly is a "2DS XL"?

F that. I'm waiting for the 4DS XL.

#97 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

F that. I'm waiting for the 4DS XL.

Buy two 2D XLs and tape them together.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#98 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

The pink is nice for a girl however that pink and white will be filthy within no time especially with the matte finish and that the white is on the bottom where you hold the system. The original white GBA turned yellow kind of like how all that grayish white color computer equipment all yellowed after a certain number of years. I know I had one. I would expect the bottom of that system to be yellow or at least dirty within a year. The pink regular 3ds looks better.

I don't think Nintendo will make one with 2 analog sticks, they already made a circle pad XL which takes care of the problem in their eyes, that doesn't mean another system revision won't come because it probably will but I don't think they would make the same thing and just add another analog stick but I am not an analyst so I don't know for sure. I mean they could do it. I don't think that many games use the 2 analog sticks to even worry about it though, and developers don't seem to be even adding that capability to their game so there is no reason for Nintendo to add another stick at this point.

One thing is for sure is that I am waiting for either end of lifecycle or a very cheap price on this system to come my way before I think of buying it.

#99 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

http://mynintendonew...dle-for-199-99/

lol kind of funny that this thread made news on here to me.

Lol that is funny.

#100 lilytrabbit

lilytrabbit

404: Tag Not Found

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

Random question why does the color matter? The only time you see the color is when the console is closed.

#101 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Got one from Target over the weekend for 175. Not too interested in Mario Kart so I don't feel robbed lol.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#102 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Why are they bundling a DS game in a 3DS??? Sure, it's backward compatible, but that's kind of like bundling a gamecube game with a wii (original ones).

#103 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Why are they bundling a DS game in a 3DS??? Sure, it's backward compatible, but that's kind of like bundling a gamecube game with a wii (original ones).

Mariot Kart 7 is a 3DS game.
Posted Image

#104 danh920

danh920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

Same price for a system and Zelda at best buy today - added some new pc speakers to get my future 25 off coupon as well

#105 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

I'm not sure about this "dimmer screens" argument. I know there was an issue with some people getting units that had a yellowish tint, but mine doesn't have that. I have had my launch 3DS and my XL sitting side by side and the screens look essentially the same in terms of brightness and color. I've never felt that there was anything wrong with the audio and the sacrifice in visual crispness is relatively minor and completely worth it in my opinion.

Are these problems from your own experiences with an XL?

http://www.digitalve...13651/test.html

And another article:

http://www.gamejudgm...-owners-upgrade

They mention pixellation and dimmer screens. Nintendo obviously sourced some cheaper screens for the XL, and the blown up pixels just look worse, especially with no antialiasing.

Edited by chimpmeister, 27 November 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#106 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Mariot Kart 7 is a 3DS game.

Oops, yeah you're right. Those cases look so similar I am having trouble keeping track.

#107 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Random question why does the color matter? The only time you see the color is when the console is closed.

So you have no problem buying a pink one? Post a picture when you do.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#108 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

there's some decent software on the 3ds, but i'm holding out for the redesign that comes with a second analog stick. there's a perfect spot for one on the right side right under the face buttons; nintendo needs to stop being so stubborn and just do it already.

Auen1.png?7125

#109 Sentinel

Sentinel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

Man, do I have bad timing. I bought a 3DS XL for retail from Newegg when it became clear that no Black Friday deals were happening. The next week it was available for $180 from BB, then $175 from Target, and now this. Of course, tax will add up a bit, but I probably would have gone for this bundle.

Live and learn... and predict the future.

#110 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Seriously Nintendo? When are we going to get nice colors, instead of these two vanilla offerings?

This.

I mean, come on, how about something along the lines of the Zelda 3DS from last year but in XL form?
End of line.

#111 Sleeping Lion

Sleeping Lion

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Damn and I just bought a blue XL from GS Saturday.
:|

#112 RustyMune

RustyMune

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

I hope more than one store has this offer and can bundle a different game with it. I really can't be bothered with MK7.

#113 fido_sido

fido_sido

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

i hope this is an online deal

#114 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

You can only see the colors of cars and houses when you're outside of them. You can only see the colors of your clothes when you look downwards, or at a mirror.

#115 mastagoalie

mastagoalie

long live games and 420

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Good thing I waited before buying an XL.

yup
-Masta

#116 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

You can only see the colors of cars and houses when you're outside of them. You can only see the colors of your clothes when you look downwards, or at a mirror.

Very true! Plus I want red anyway, LOL.

NOTE: Don't want MK7 though... meh!

#117 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

When I got my XL, it had pretty noticeable yellow tint, but it went away after a bit of playtime. The only problem I have with the console is a few games look REALLY pixelated, otherwise, the XL is everything the 3DS should have been. It just feels perfect.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#118 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'm not buying a 3DSXL until it's a plain flat black. Period.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#119 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Anyone have experience with Nintendo's pre-installed software?

If I run a system transfer to move all my existing 3DS content to one of these new systems with a pre-installed game will it overwrite it or merge it into my existing content?

#120 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Feeling a bit foolish for paying $250 at launch now xD

But you got old games everyone (or nobody in some cases) played. :P
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!