Photo
- - - - -

@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#391 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dishonored was $40 at GS the other week. It was right around the 60 day mark, so if you bought it on Day 1 it was dicey. If you're not immediately opening up the game (like you did with Dishonored) you should pick up any preordered game the following Tuesday to maximize your pm window.

Borderlands 2 was $50 via TRU's $10 off any $60 game. I bought all of the games from the promo save for NCAA, and I was able to get $20 back on all of them except BL2 and 2k13. Both of those I only got $10 back. Combine that with BBY's high TIVs and I made profited $20 on most of the games this holiday.

There were no brick and mortar sales for Dishonored during the window that weren't Black Friday prices, and (at least at the time, if not still now) getting them to match online places like Newegg were ymmv. The BL2 price match you mention is also ymmv, since $10 off any $60 game is a promo and not every BB price matches promotional prices like that. As for waiting, I wanted the free oil lamp from Dishonored which meant I had to pick it up right away before the few they got went "missing."

I appreciate your willingness to help, but please understand that I'm not asking anyone for advice on how to make GCU better. I've been a member ever since they put Ico/SotC in the mag, and have received plenty of games/trade credit because of my membership. I've already said that this program is still a good deal for the money. My point was that unless I can get something extra out of the coupons between now and my renewal date, I will not be renewing again as this program no longer works for me.

#392 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

If you guys were so close to silver, why didn't you just pick up a prepaid visa? You guys were at the doorstep.

Didn't think of that plus wasn't the policy changed such that you can't buy visa cards with GCs/pitch in cards?

Anyhow, I had a couple hundred dollars worth of pending $'s (included in my $2.2kish calculations) that appeared to not count so the pre-reset at 1/1/13 was probably closer to $1.9k at least for me.

#393 Ace69

Ace69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I thought it states that It's supposed to start and end at the the february you got your membership so you had till then to extend silver?

#394 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

I thought it states that It's supposed to start and end at the the february you got your membership so you had till then to extend silver?

all purchases until 12/31 count, pending or not. then silver starts in February. i guess it gives them plenty of time to switch accounts and reset our points.

#395 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Didn't think of that plus wasn't the policy changed such that you can't buy visa cards with GCs/pitch in cards?

You can buy the VISA cards w/ a Pitch-In, I do it all the time when I need to get money out of my PP acct quickly.

#396 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

You can buy the VISA cards w/ a Pitch-In, I do it all the time when I need to get money out of my PP acct quickly.

i never knew that, lol

#397 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

There were no brick and mortar sales for Dishonored during the window that weren't Black Friday prices, and (at least at the time, if not still now) getting them to match online places like Newegg were ymmv. The BL2 price match you mention is also ymmv, since $10 off any $60 game is a promo and not every BB price matches promotional prices like that. As for waiting, I wanted the free oil lamp from Dishonored which meant I had to pick it up right away before the few they got went "missing."

I appreciate your willingness to help, but please understand that I'm not asking anyone for advice on how to make GCU better. I've been a member ever since they put Ico/SotC in the mag, and have received plenty of games/trade credit because of my membership. I've already said that this program is still a good deal for the money. My point was that unless I can get something extra out of the coupons between now and my renewal date, I will not be renewing again as this program no longer works for me.

I'm not trying to make GCU better. I don't know what you're trying to say there. I'm just pointing out when pms were possible. I guess the BL2 pm was ymmv if you had cs nazis. If they called TRU or checked the website, the price would show up as $50. As for Dishonored, it was absolutely on sale at GS for $40 the week of 12/9 both online and instore. That's when I pmed it. As for the preorder bonus dilemma, next time order online, that way you can split the order between free shipping (lamp) and instore pickup (game).

#398 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

all purchases until 12/31 count, pending or not. then silver starts in February. i guess it gives them plenty of time to switch accounts and reset our points.

When do they reset the points again?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#399 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

I'm wondering this too. bout 50 RZ points from a RZ cert...

#400 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm wondering this too. bout 50 RZ points from a RZ cert...

They already reset the points. They were reset on the first. I only lost 17 points.

#401 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

They already reset the points. They were reset on the first. I only lost 17 points.

Mine have not reset yet. When I checked my history, they were reset for me in February the last 2 years. So that may be when my calendar year starts.

#402 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Mine have not reset yet. When I checked my history, they were reset for me in February the last 2 years. So that may be when my calendar year starts.

calendar year starts jan 1st, thus the term "calender year"

jokes aside, from browsing the best buy forums, they could reset any time between now and the beginning of Feb

#403 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

i am 6 points away from a $5 cert, or 274 pending more points to make it a $10. I hope they will post so i can cash them out before the reset. I already did a big cash out for a $25 cert and waiting to spend that in the next week or 2.

Dont know if i made silver again or not, but i doubt it.

#404 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Dammit, I hope they wait until the end of the month...I've got 144 points pending from Dec. 28. Also, I noticed that they took points back from PMing my Halo 4 LE...lame.

uc.png

#405 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

every time this thread moves up the list, i think there is finally a sale on a game with a coupon

#406 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Do they reset your pending points as well? I only have 1 point right now, so losing that won't be a big deal. But I have 350 points pending that I'd really like to keep.

#407 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Found this on the FAQ's Section of rewardzone website:

When do points expire?
  • At the beginning of every calendar year, the points in your account (except for Reward Zone program Credit Card members, Reward Zone program MasterCard cardmembers and Premier Silver members) will be issued as reward certificates down to the $5 level, and any remaining points will be forfeited.
So I guess all Silver and Reward Zone credit card holders should be exempt.... Which doesn't make sence to me since I am a Silver member and lost my points on the Jan 1st. 17 points is not worth me spending an hour on the phone so I'll just take that loss I guess

#408 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I have 193 points right now and another 33 pending...guess I'll miss the cert. oh well.

#409 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I don't see any points resetting, is this a YMMV thing or it just isn't my time yet?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#410 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Dammit, I hope they wait until the end of the month...I've got 144 points pending from Dec. 28. Also, I noticed that they took points back from PMing my Halo 4 LE...lame.

That's weird, I actually get points for PMing.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#411 snacks28217

snacks28217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

and now gamers club unlocked don't reset.

#412 Greybeard

Greybeard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Always people wanting to get things for free. The subscription is $15 and pays for itself within 2 months. Why would you think they would give out coupons for free?

It only pays for itself if you get coupons you want to use. I've been a member for over 8 months and there hasn't been a single coupon I want to use. The only coupons worth using have been for games I either already have or that I don't want.

#413 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

It only pays for itself if you get coupons you want to use. I've been a member for over 8 months and there hasn't been a single coupon I want to use. The only coupons worth using have been for games I either already have or that I don't want.

Not entirely true. 10% bonus on game trade-ins, 10% off pre-owned games, $20 RZ cert for pre-orders, etc, etc, etc. Of course, if you're not interested in any of that then I see your point.

#414 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

If you aren't interested in any of that, I think you might be on the wrong web site, lol.

#415 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Oh crap, I forgot about the point reset. I guess I'll only lose 175pts, but still...

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#416 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

and now gamers club unlocked don't reset.

That would be awesome since all of my purchases have been GCU.

uc.png

#417 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

The 10% trade in will pay for the subscription, I would expect everyone here will trade at least $150 worth of games back to BBY during their promos every year. That's not counting the 10% off preowned games purchase, and other promos.

Plus, how are you not utilizing the $20 preorder promo?

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#418 Killerlampshade

Killerlampshade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Plus, how are you not utilizing the $20 preorder promo?

This is what made it worth it for me.

#419 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Can't you basically just pre-order every game, trade it in, break even, and have it all count toward silver status?

#420 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

off topic question......when am I suppose to get the magazine? I signed up in Nov and haven't got shit.